Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: OPINION: Soviet Union: collapsed!, Yugoslavia: collapsed!, Ethiopia: empire in slow-motion collapse (All Africa).

Post by Ethoash » 23 Jul 2019, 06:48

yaballo wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 06:17
OPINION: Soviet Union: collapsed!, Yugoslavia: collapsed!, Ethiopia: collapsing. For 1000 years, Ethiopia was an empire in slow-motion collapse. (All Africa).

ETHIOPIA: Obbo - Abiy's Walking a Tightrope, Let's Pray He Doesn't Fall Off.

in 1991, when Meles save Ethiopia from becoming Yugoslavia and USSR, the Amhara instead of saying thanks they accused of him giving away Eritrea.. what the Fk can he do start the war again .. do u think the Eritrea will say okay since u dont give us we dont take our country and they gooooooo home. or they will fight as house to house until one man remain beside they had their army inside Addis Ababa ...now let see how dr. Abiy going to save mama Ethiopia ..let them see how hard to keep one Ethiopia without war.. the Amhara kept one Ethiopia with full blown war. but not the Tplf we had break for 29 years.. trust me, there will be time Ethiopians will beg the golden to come back

Medo

Re: OPINION: Soviet Union: collapsed!, Yugoslavia: collapsed!, Ethiopia: empire in slow-motion collapse (All Africa).

Post by Medo » 23 Jul 2019, 07:30

Yes indeed. If so called Ethiopia is to collapse, Amhara parties will take the full responsibility.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 23 Jul 2019, 08:09

The comparison of Ethiopia with USSR and Yugoslavia is meaningless. Ethiopia was formed by state formation. But in USSR and Yugoslavia case the communists, who were the first to point their commitment to ethnic sovereignty, gobbled up independent states to their newly birthed communist empire. In Russia they appointed Stalin, the Georgian, like an ethnic czar. When communism collapsed in USSR, Georgia was among the first to present a divorce paper.
I read I think once before a paper written by an Ugandan journalist about the Abiy government. There is a similarity between this article and the one I read before. The writer was and is echoing an “ Ethiopian” ethnic politician point of view. It is not an article written based on research. There is no the slightest hint of that.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 23 Jul 2019, 09:42

Yaballo, I was not arguing the Russian empire was created by communists. I know it was created way before then. But the communists who bragged about ethnic soverginity doubled down, incorporating new independent states to USSR — in a sense they were fulfilling their fantasy: workers of the world as one, without having borders. Meles who was first enlightened, I think, by the Wallelegn paper, might have heard of Stalin being the first ethnic czar in USSR. But I do not think he knew the independent states, which were swallowed by USSR, fate was determined by all- knowing communists, not by people having referendum.

somali-prince

Post by somali-prince » 23 Jul 2019, 09:52

Yaballo
Thia is exactly what.many experts are predictiglng and eventually the truth is disintegaration is iminnent. People who are hold together by sheer brute will one day break the barrier and that will be the end of it.

Now that we have reached that stage, we need to choose two options; Russia or Yugoslavia way. Either the country is broken thru war or peacefully. An old amhara neighbour of mine told me few weeks ago that breakup is inevitable.

Remember jawar's interview after qeero diamantled the tplf? He said our ultimate goal is independece one day and that sentiment is shared by many other ethnics. Somalis oromos sidamas the southerners tigrai are all gearing for this fateful day. No wonder meles inserted aeticle 39 clause in the constitution he knew this day will come

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 23 Jul 2019, 14:51

yaballo wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 09:05
Sam;

Not really. The Soviet empire started as The Russian orthodox christian+feudal empire.

Ebola this people are something u cant convince them Sam Ebalalehu poster boy for የጅል ጥይቄ.... in 1991 many countries break apart .. it doesnt matter the reason .. the break way and Ethiopia would have been in the same boat but Fed. system saved us.

by making OLF, ONLF and other happy by telling them to govern their own region and speak their own language it serve us for 27 years with all it fault ... now we need constitution amendments we need more fed. system not less the regional government want more power more autonomous not less ....

let me try to understand what Sam Ebalalehu argument about
example
he is argument with his wife, she told him she would divorce just like MR. y. divorce her husband

Sam Ebalalehu telling his wife, Mr. Y cheat, i dont , so this example doesn't apply to me .
so his wife try another example about mr. X
Sam Ebalalehu , Mr. x drink, i dont , so it is not the same case
how about Mr. z
he is gambling, I dont
how about Mr. J
he is case is drug

and so on..

united RUSSIA could have been saved, if they had implemented fed system and tell everyone they can run their own state as they see fit and speak their own language they would not break down .. Fed is the best system that we have and tested for almost 229... we should be grateful for TPLF saving mama Ethiopia instead we insult them for losing Eritrea how about losing the Ethiopia ..