Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Alpha

Abiy can't have it both ways

Post by Alpha » 23 Jul 2019, 06:03

Wayenes' Constitution is a scheme designed to weaken the unity of the Ethiopian people, by encouraging tribalism. It gives a legal cover ...

The 14 Provinces

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: Abiy can't have it both ways

Post by Ethoash » 23 Jul 2019, 06:32

Alpha wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 06:03
Wayenes' Constitution is a scheme designed to weaken the unity of the Ethiopian people, by encouraging tribalism. It gives a legal cover ...

The 14 Provinces
Alpha Dog,

what language should those 14 provinces speak ?

Alpha

Post by Alpha » 23 Jul 2019, 06:57

Ethoash wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 06:32
Alpha wrote:

The 14 Provinces
Alpha Dog,

What kind of question is this? Of course they speak Amharic, a highly-developed language of your masters. Seek help for your inferiority complex.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 23 Jul 2019, 07:17

Alpha wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 06:57
Ethoash wrote:
Alpha wrote:

The 14 Provinces
Alpha Dog,

What kind of question is this? Of course they speak Amharic, a highly-developed language of your masters. Seek help for your inferiority complex.
Hararghe
Illubabor
Kaffa
Sidamo
Tigray
Welega

refused to speak Amharic and said we want to speak our own afan Somalia , afan oromia, and golden language what would u do? would u send the army.. i know u r an Eritrean .. for sure no Amhara will say what u say up front.. what amahra would have said was let the people choice or something like that but for sure they mean amahric but they will never tell u out right ..they r politically correct people so u exposed yourself

Medo

Post by Medo » 23 Jul 2019, 07:27

Ethoash, well said. Nothinig to add.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 23 Jul 2019, 20:21

Ethoash wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 07:17
Alpha wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 06:57
Ethoash wrote:
Alpha wrote:

The 14 Provinces
Alpha Dog,

Hararghe
Illubabor
Kaffa
Sidamo
Tigray
Welega

refused to speak Amharic and said we want to speak our own afan Somalia , afan oromia, and golden language what would u do? would u send the army.. i know u r an Eritrean .. for sure no Amhara will say what u say up front.. what amahra would have said was let the people choice or something like that but for sure they mean amahric but they will never tell u out right ..they r politically correct people so u exposed yourself
Ethoash,

There is a two word expression in Amharic: ኢትዮጵያ ሃገራችን። Since you appear to be a defender of other Ethiopian languages, which I don't count against you, do you know if every conscious citizen of the country knows how and wishes to say this simple two word expression in any local language of his or her choosing? If you do, and since you also appear to be resourceful of YouTube videos, can you show such resources where they are saying this two word expression in their respective local languages? More importantly, as an individual character, do you wish that every conscious citizen says it in any local language of his or her choosing? All these three simple questions can be answered with a simple yes or no response. I had promised myself not to call you የሞኝ ዘፈን ኣንድ ናት ደነዝ ደንቆሮ። So, can you help me keep my promise by answering these simple questions with either yes or no responses?

Abere

Post by Abere » 23 Jul 2019, 21:02

Amharic is your national language, Ethoash. You can use your mother tongue at home or your local shop, etc. Amharic is Essential not Optional. No one squander public resource and waste the nations time in organizing language beauty contest.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 24 Jul 2019, 01:17

Abere wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 21:02
Amharic is your national language, Ethoash. You can use your mother tongue at home or your local shop, etc. Amharic is Essential not Optional. No one squander public resource and waste the nations time in organizing language beauty contest.
Abere, why not we use Afan oromia and u use your mother tongue Amhairc at home.. sure for u dont mind as long as we use only one language..

my second point is about cost.. as yourself we have civil war for the last 29 Golden years the answer is no.. so what do u think is that u think it is by magic we have no civil war. the reason was TPLF respect people right to speak their own mother tongue.. govern their own region control their own resources and budget that was what it keep the peace.. so it is cost effective respecting other .. otherwise if u want one langauge they u have have standing fed. army in all regional state and mind the cost it would be ten Nile dam .. do u know under Derg u managed only to build one cement factory for 17 years.. all the money was wasted on war. under golden 50 university and another 10000 on the job training university (mega factory count as university )17 hydro power , ten industrial park, 100,000 more business opened... even we used to have only 6 artist today we have 1500 artist

so if u r not stupid your will not ask this kind of stupid question who in the right mind lose his mouther tongue for you.. guess what if Amhara willing to lose his own mother tongue for mama Ethiopia then okay bringing it on otherwise shut the front doooooooooor.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 24 Jul 2019, 01:20

Naga Tuma wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 20:21
Ethoash wrote:
Ethoash,

There is a two word expression in Amharic: ኢትዮጵያ ሃገራችን። Since you appear to be a defender of other Ethiopian languages, which I don't count against you,
ኢትዮጵያ ሃገራችን። homeland USA
ኢትዮጵያ ሃገራችን። grammatically is wrong ኢትዬዽያ አገራችን ናት።is correct

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 24 Jul 2019, 19:55

Ethoash wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 01:20
Naga Tuma wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 20:21
Ethoash wrote:
Ethoash,

There is a two word expression in Amharic: ኢትዮጵያ ሃገራችን። Since you appear to be a defender of other Ethiopian languages, which I don't count against you,
ኢትዮጵያ ሃገራችን። homeland USA
ኢትዮጵያ ሃገራችን። grammatically is wrong ኢትዬዽያ አገራችን ናት።is correct
Grammar knows a word, a phrase or an expression, and a complete sentence. So, that is an unnecessary diversion from a correct expression to a correct sentence.