Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Putin gives order to lift sanctions against Eritrea.

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 15:45

https://tass.com/economy/1069832

Putin gives order to lift sanctions against Eritrea

Economic sanctions against Eritrea have been in place since 2009, while an arms embargo has been imposed since 2013

MOSCOW, July 22. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin has lifted the sanctions imposed on Eritrea, which have been in place for almost ten years, the presidential decree is published on the official portal of the legal information.
In view of the UN Security Council adopting the Resolution 2444 on November 14, 2018, which stipulates lifting measures imposed against Eritrea, I declare that the presidential decree No. 933 signed on July 22, 2010 is terminated,
the document reads.

Economic sanctions against Eritrea have been in place since 2009, while an arms embargo has been imposed since 2013. The restrictions could be lifted amid positive developments in the Horn of Africa region, particularly, settlement of border disputes between Eritrea and Djibouti, as well as signing of a peace treaty between Eritrea and Ethiopia.

Eritrean Ambassador Petros Zeggai Asgedom, presenting his credentials to Russian President Valdimir Putin in 2014.
Last edited by Zmeselo on 22 Jul 2019, 16:36, edited 2 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: Putin gives order to lift sanctions against Eritrea.

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 15:48

Yared Tesfay (@ytmn2) Tweeted:

Presidential Adviser Mr. Yemane Gebreab met today in London with Harriet Baldwin, Minister for Africa - to discuss improvement of bilateral relations and share update on issues surrounding the Horn of Africa.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 15:55

Yared Tesfay (@ytmn2) Tweeted:

In a seminar he conducted with the participants of the Festival in London Mr. Yemane Ghebreab, explained that the Eritrean government is making enormous investments with major focus on the rural areas; with a view to ensuring social justice and sustainable economic development.

The Great UK Eritrea Festival - Thousands of people had the opportunity to celebrate!

Last edited by Zmeselo on 22 Jul 2019, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 16:02

National Union of Eritrean Women in UK conducted an assessment meeting with President of NUEW, Mrs. Tekea Tesfamichael. The meeting was attended, by representatives of the union in UK.

Yohanna Paulos (@YohannaPaulos) Tweeted:

So excited to see the launch of the Eritrean well-being products, created by a woman entrepreneur
at the Eritrean festival UK over the weekend. The line is named ‘Denkelia’ derived from a region in Eritrea. ካባና ናባና ነዓና::

The Great UK Eritrea Festival - Football Tournament!

Last edited by Zmeselo on 22 Jul 2019, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 16:10

Shingr'wa- Singing Competition- UK Festival:

Filimon from @CNWL1, is the leading Camera-man at the mega sized Eri Festival in London @YohannaPaulos @sanyaade credit to Nigel, Head of media.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 16:15

NATNAEL BERHANE AT COFIDIS: THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES

(Software translation)

https://www.equipecofidis.com/fr/actual ... e-continue

The 28-year-old Eritrea champion, particularly on the roads of the Tour de France, is extending for two seasons at Cofidis. What offer very good prospects for future deadlines.

It is His smile and a strength of conviction, that seduced the public. Last Monday, in Albi, Natnael Berhane appears on the podium of the 10th stage of the Tour de France to receive the Combativity Award. The 28-year-old Eritrean rider, has worked tirelessly since the start of the Grand Tour, which he attended for the second time.
I want to fight to show the colors of Cofidis and try to slip into the breakaways,
he explained to reporters. He was also part of the breakaway on stage 6, which ended at the Planche des Belles Daughters.
A very good competitor!
(Vasseur)

And he is not ready to stop: the rider, freshly crowned with a title of champion of Eritrea, has just extended for two more seasons at Cofidis. Cédric Vasseur, sports manager of Cofidis, does not hide his satisfaction:
he is a very good competitor and a rider who has quickly adapted to the team.
It's a real pleasure to be able to work with a rider like Natnael, continues Cédric Vasseur. And it is a pride for Cofidis to have in his ranks a national jersey wearer.
The prospects are good for Natnael and for the whole team, as Cofidis will join the World Tour next season.

THE REACTION

Natnael Berhane:
I am very proud, to continue my career at Cofidis, I have very good relations with the staff, the other runners and I always want to give the best in these colors.
I very much appreciate the fact that I hope that it will help to create, great inspiration & new careers in cycling in Eritrea and Africa.
Last edited by Zmeselo on 22 Jul 2019, 16:59, edited 2 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 16:19

Girma Gutema℠ (@Abbaacabsa) Tweeted:

Oromia State University (OSU) honored Professor Asmerom Legesse, the leading scholar on the Oromo Gada, during its commencement ceremony organized to graduate over 5.2K candidates today. Congratulations to the good professor and many many thanks to those who made this happen.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 16:43

GoFundMe Page: Support for Eritrean grassroots football Fund: https://www.gofundme.com/juwvg-eritrean ... tMrXae-7SA

Hi everyone!

My name is Noah Berhane and I am 11 years old. I live in London. I love playing football a lot. Currently, I am playing for my local team called Westway under 12.

Last summer, I visited my home country Eritrea, which is located in East Africa. I had a wonderful time, the country is beautiful and the people are very nice. I had a great time playing football in the capital city Asmara, at Asmara Stadium with over 300 very talented kids. It was a fun experience and a real eye-opener to play in such a wonderful place with very passionate and talented players.

This year I am planning to visit it again, but not with empty hands. I want to contribute, give back and make difference.

In Eritrea simple things that we take for granted here in our country are lacking. I am raising money to take football training equipment to Eritrea. For example: size 3 training footballs for under 7s to the under 9s age groups, and size 4 & 5 for age groups 9 to 14 age groups (it is very important to use the correct size football). Also I would like to donate other important training equipment like bibs, cones, speed and agility ladders, hurdles, poles, mannequins, folding goals, escape belts, rebounders, a medical first aid bag and full football kits.

The start has been encouraging: I have already received 165 full football kits (T-shirts, shorts and socks) for under age 12s from Robin at Westway Sport Centre. Thank you Robin!

The money we raised will make a real difference to the quality of many young people’s lives.

Every penny I raise will go straight to the kids in Eritrea.

Your generosity not only helps the kids to enjoy football and have healthy disciplined lives but also will produce tomorrows’ world-class footballers.

Together we can make huge difference!

Thank you so much for your time and donation!

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 22 Jul 2019, 17:22

Zmeselo wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 15:45
the document reads.

Economic sanctions against Eritrea have been in place since 2009, while an arms embargo has been imposed since 2013. The restrictions could be lifted amid positive developments in the Horn of Africa region, particularly, settlement of border disputes between Eritrea and Djibouti, as well as signing of a peace treaty between Eritrea and Ethiopia.

Eritrean Ambassador Petros Zeggai Asgedom, presenting his credentials to Russian President Valdimir Putin in 2014.
[/quote]
Last edited by sun on 22 Jul 2019, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 22 Jul 2019, 17:34

sun wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 17:22
Zmeselo wrote:
the document reads.

Hmm... :P

So you mean that these are not true?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46193273
https://www.france24.com/en/20181114-un ... ns-eritrea

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 22 Jul 2019, 17:40

sun wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:
the document reads.

I thought that the sanctions have already been lifted. :roll:

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 22 Jul 2019, 17:48

sun

the photo was dated 2014, beside what this idiot happy about if Putin give order to lift sanction on Eritrea he want to sale you more army that all .. their hard earn money will be gone soon,,, this Eritreans they buy arm first then they r looking for enemy because they dont want to waste their investment .. other people buy arm for insurance policy if the enemy doesnt come they count the blessing but not their Eritrea why we r feeding million army if they dont go to war hence their God like leader are active finding enemy for Eritrea so that the youth will die for Eritrea ..

that is what Zmeles telling otherwise why would any one is happy when arm sanction is lifted...

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 18:08

I guess it's Russian- English, & some kind of typo. They must know, that has already happened. Their UN rep., was there.

What Putin did could be, Russia's unilateral lifting of them. Every country had imposed its version of it, apparently.
sun wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 17:34
sun wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:
the document reads.

Hmm... :P

So you mean that these are not true?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46193273
https://www.france24.com/en/20181114-un ... ns-eritrea

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 18:23

I told you already mereja's village idiot, insults coming from you are like batches of honor. If I would make a census here on mereja on who'se the clown of this show, majority would vote Ethohashish.

The pic. I personally added, for more info. To share the name of our ambassador, to Russia. The article itself is from today.
Ethoash wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 17:48
sun

the photo was dated 2014, beside what this idiot happy about if Putin give order to lift sanction on Eritrea he want to sale you more army that all .. their hard earn money will be gone soon,,, this Eritreans they buy arm first then they r looking for enemy because they dont want to waste their investment .. other people buy arm for insurance policy if the enemy doesnt come they count the blessing but not their Eritrea why we r feeding million army if they dont go to war hence their God like leader are active finding enemy for Eritrea so that the youth will die for Eritrea ..

that is what Zmeles telling otherwise why would any one is happy when arm sanction is lifted...

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 22 Jul 2019, 21:30

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK THE body language of this so called Ambassador .. he bend to great putian showing who is the boss is. second watch the Amassador how far he stand form Putin and look his left hand ... show no confidence not equal standing

now loooooooooooooooook the Ethiopian Ambassador Teketel Forsido ... loook the confidence look where his hand is, no bending stand as equal proper eye contact and the FM OR RUSSIAN look on watch the Forsido confidence with admiration .. and look the above photo FM OF russian he didnot even pay attention if the Eritrean boy is there to great his boss. forget about it Eritrean boy reseved for service gate and the Ethiopian ambassador recived from front door...look how many people look on and look the Eritrean boy was by himself ..

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 22 Jul 2019, 22:42

The sanctions my country Tigray imposed on Eritrea at the request of Digital Weyane Awash will not be lifted for eternity.

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 22 Jul 2019, 23:22

Why the Fack are both Agame- ambassadors, the one Representing PFDJ(HGDF) and the one Representing TPLF(Woyane) Wearing Kidan Habesha? Weird as Fack!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 23:47

ሰፊሕ ሰሚናር “ቊጠባዊ ኣንፈታትን መጻኢ ዕድላት ዕዮን ኣብ ኤርትራ” ብሓላፊ ቊጠባዊ ጉዳያት ህግደፍ ኣቶ ሓጎስ ገብርሂወት ብዕለት 13.07.2019 ንተሳተፍቲ ፌስትቫል ኤርትራ ጀርመን ቀሪቡ

ሓላፊ ቁጠባዊ ጉዳያት ህዝባዊ ግንባር ደሞክራስን ፍትሕን ክቡር ኣቶ ሓጎስ ገብርሂወት ኣብ ህሉው መጻኢን ቊጠባዊ ኣንፈታትን መጻኢ ዕድላት ዕዮን ኣብ ኤርትራ ኣብ ዝብል ዛዕባ ዘቶኮረ ፡ ብዕለት 13.07.2019 ንተሳተፍቲ ፌስትቫል ኤርትራ ጀርመን ሰፊሕ ሰሚናር ኣካዪዱ።

ኤርትራ እትኽተሎ ቊጠባዊ ስርዓት፡ ብቐንዱ ኣህላኽነት ዘወግድን ኣፍራይነት ዘኻዕብትን ምዃኑ ዝጠቐሰ ኣቶ ሓጎስ፡ ሕርሻዊ ንጥፈት ኣብ ሃገርና ብዝለዐል ሚእታዊት ኣብ ሕብረተሰብ ስለዝውክል፡ ነዚ ጽላት’ዚ ዘደንፍዕ ትሕተ-ቅርጻዊ መሳለጥያታት ካብ’ቶም ቀንዲ ኣተኲሮ ዝወሃቦም ምዃኑ ብምብራህ፡ ኣብ ጽላት ዕደና ጥራይ ካብ ዝምርኰስ ቊጠባ ተገላጊልና፡ ኣገልግሎታት ዘስፍሕ ንጥፈት ንምትእትታው ዝዓለመ ሜላ ምኽታል እቲ ዝበለጸ ኣማራጺ ምዃኑ ኣብሪሁ።

ኣቶ ሓጎስ ኣብ መግለጺኡ ወፍሪ ክበሃል እንከሎ ቀዳምነት ኣዋፈርቲ ኤርትራውያን ክኾኑ ኣለዎም፡ እዚ ምስ ዘይከኣል ግን ምስ መሻርኽቲ ወጻእተኛታት እንተኾነውን ጸገም ከምዘይብሉ ኣብሪሁ። እቲ ዝግበር ወፍሪ ንእቶት ወጻኢ ሸርፊ ዘኻዕብት ክኸውን ኣለዎ። ወፍርና ንወጻኢ ሸርፊ ዘኻዕብት ክኸውን ኣለዎ። ብባንኪ እንልኮምን ሓዋላን ከነመሓይሾም ጻዕርታት ይካየድ ኣሎ፡ ምዕቡል ኣጠቓቕማ ባንኪ ናይ ሞቢልን ካርድን ካሽ ንምትእትታው መደባት ተታሒዙ ኣሎ።

ጸጋታት ዓቕሚ-ሰብካ ብዝግባእ ኣሰልጢንካን ወዲብካን ኣብ ምዕባለ ሃገር ድርኺት ምፍጣር፡ ብዓቢ ኣድህቦ ዝስራሓሉ ምዃኑ ብምጥቃስ ድማ፡ ሃገራውያን ትካላትናን ክኢላዊ ዓቕሚ-ሰብናን ንምምዕባል፡ ጎኒ-ጎኒ’ቲ ብወጻእተኛታት ኩባንያታትን ውልቀ-ሰባትን ዝዕመም ንጥፈታት፡ ተመኲሮን ክእለትን ዝቐስሙሉ ሜላታት ንምፍጣር ከምዝስራሓሉ፡ እዚ ከኣ ውሽጣዊ ዓቕምና ንምምዕባል ዝዓለመ ከምዝኾነ ኣረዲኡ።

ኣብ ሃገርና ኢምፖርት አክስፖርት ስም ጥራሕ ሒዙ ክኸይድ ጸኒሑ። ምኽንያቱ እቶም ልቸንሳ ዝጽንሖም ኣምጻእቲ እምበር ለኣኽቲ ኣይነሩን እምፖርትን ኤክስፖርት ተመጣጣኒ ምስ ዘይከውን ማህሰይቲ ኣለዎ። ኣብ
ሃገርን ዝኣቱ ንብረት እምበር ንሰደድ ዝቐንዐ ምህርቲ ኣይጸንሓናን። እዚ እንተኾይኑ ድማ ሃስያ ናይ ባጤራ ሃገር የስዕብ'ዩ። ናይ ወጻኢ ሰርፊ ዘየጕድል ወፍሪ ረብሓ የብሉን፡ ቀጠባና ንምዕባይን ንምሕዋይን ንቃለስ ኣሎና፡ ስለዚ ብዙሕ መስዋእቲ ከይከፈልካ ዝመጽእ ናይ ቍጠባ ዕብየት የለን። ናይ ኣባይቲ ጸገም ንምፍታሕ ይጸዓር ኣሎ እቲ ተጀሚሩ ዘሎ ኣባይቲ ብቕልጡፍ ንኽዛዘም ኣንፈት ሒዙ ከምዘሎ ዝገለጸ ኣቶ ሓጎስ ገብርሂወት፡ ብምቕጻል ረብሓን መሰልን ሰራሕተኛ ምስ ኣፍራይነት ቀጥታዊ ምትእስሳር ከምዘለዎ ብምግላጽ ድማ፡ ሰራሕተኛታት ረብሓኦምን ምዕባለ ሃገሮምን ንምርግጋጽ፡ ኣፍራይነት ኣብ ምድንፋዕ ከተኲሩ ኣዘኻኺሩ።

ኣቶ ሓጎስ ኣብ መወዳእታ፡ ንኣፍራይነት ብቐጥታ ንዝጸልው – ቀረብ ጥረ-ነገራት፡ ስሉጥን ጽፉፍን ምምሕዳራዊ ኣገልግሎታት፡ ምምዕባል ዓቕሚ-ሰብን ኣወዳድባኡን፡ ምምዝማዝ ቱሪዝማዊ ጸጋታት፡ ተጠቃምነትን ምሕደራን ዝዋደዱ ዘለው ትሕተ-ቅርጺታትን ካልኦትን ብዝምልከት፡ ካብ ተሳተፍቲ ንዝቐረቡሉ ሕቶታት ሰፊሕ መብርሂታት ብድሕሪ ምሃብ ፥ ኣብ ወጻኢ ዝነብር ህዝቢ ኤርትራ ቁጠባዊ ንቕሓቱን መኸተኡን ብምሕያል ኣብ
ወፍሪ ሃገራዊ ቁጣባን ልምዓትን ዓቕሚን ተሳትፍኡ ከዕቢ ደጊሙ ኣዘኻኺሩ።

”ጽንዓት ብጽንዓት፥ ንልምዓት"

ክብርን ምጎስን ንጀጋኑ ሰማእታትና !

ወትሩ ዓወት ንሓፋሽ

ክፍሊ ሜዳያን ዜና ፌስትቫል ኤርትራ ጀርመን 2019

ዕለት 13.07.2019