Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca

tigray ''amharu are half galla''

Post by Sadacha Macca » 20 Jul 2019, 16:05

''As John Markakis notes, 'the Tigrayans are apt to refer to the Amhara.... as half-galla.''
Ethiopians consider this claim a truism. The Oromos and Amharas share numerous cultural markers in their daily lives, ranging over such things as food, clothing, customs and mores, beliefs, myths, religions, vocabularies, social institutions, and styles of communication.
It is the extensive and profound symbiosis between the Amharas and the Oromos that made possible Menelik's reconstruction of Ethiopia as well as the anti-colonial victory of Adwa.''

The Battle of Adwa: Reflections on Ethiopia's Historic Victory Against European Colonialism
Editors: Getachew Metaferia, Paulos Milkias
Page 275
published in 2003

gagi

Re: tigray ''amharu are half galla''

Post by gagi » 20 Jul 2019, 20:33

Just before that that and in the same footnote no. 527:

“The Amhara-Oromo synthesis is an important element of their collective memory, something, for example, the Italians were unable to see both in 1896 and 1935”
“The Italians appear not to have understood that leading families were as often Oromo as Amhara, or were a mixture of both and constitute a class, not an ethnic group.” R. Greenfield, Ethiopia a new political History, p. 230

Abere

Post by Abere » 20 Jul 2019, 21:12

What is the problem with that? The Tigres have as much Oromo blood as the Amharas. This is not an issue , the major problem is why are some groups in our society always exploited by foreign mercenaries as weapon to invade, divide, disintegrate and colonize Ethiopia.

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 20 Jul 2019, 21:18

The two giants (amhara & oromo) enriched their genetic pool by absorbing their surroundings and intermixiing with each other. From the anthropological and genetic point of view, these is a big plus. Assimilating and mixing with others produces a stronger gene pool. It also enriches cultures, musicals, language...etc.

Also take a look at the vast land mass both amhara and oromo hold which can easily enable them to either go solo or remain I influential and take a look at agames and Harraris. They are small and they have lived a closed door life for centuries. In the case of hararris, they are now extinct. Agames who fared a little better in predjeduces managed to come to power only twice both for a mere 20 something years in the last 1000 years.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 20 Jul 2019, 21:28

Abere wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 21:12
What is the problem with that? The Tigres have as much Oromo blood as the Amharas. This is not an issue , the major problem is why are some groups in our society always exploited by foreign mercenaries as weapon to invade, divide, disintegrate and colonize Ethiopia.

i do not think tigrayans are as mixed due to geographical distance/location. amara and oromo are closer, geographically, so a lot more inter-marriage took place.
this made oromo and amara more open minded as well and less isolated than their tigrayan neighbors.
and i agree, there's nothing wrong with it, just like to share the perspective of the tigrayans who think that they can turn oromo against amara or vice-versa. we may not always agree but also know that our enemies in the tplf would love to see us fight to get back to looting.

gagi

Post by gagi » 20 Jul 2019, 22:05

Abere wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 21:12
This is a misplaced criticism. The foreign historians quoted are in fact stating how foreign invaders miss the integration that exists between the Oromos and Amharas, the two pillars of modern Ethiopia. The note by Markakis is providing a kind of proof to that. He is referring to Tigrians’ perception of the Amharas as half Oromos. So in this specific case no one is the victim of divisive foreigners, because integrated and intermingled populations are at the centre of the story.

Portlandia

Post by Portlandia » 20 Jul 2019, 22:52

Misraq wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 21:18
The two giants (amhara & oromo) enriched their genetic pool by absorbing their surroundings and intermixiing with each other. From the anthropological and genetic point of view, these is a big plus. Assimilating and mixing with others produces a stronger gene pool. It also enriches cultures, musicals, language...etc.

Also take a look at the vast land mass both amhara and oromo hold which can easily enable them to either go solo or remain I influential and take a look at agames and Harraris. They are small and they have lived a closed door life for centuries. In the case of hararris, they are now extinct. Agames who fared a little better in predjeduces managed to come to power only twice both for a mere 20 something years in the last 1000 years.
Amhara rats r in harar and getting taxed by hararis. Remember that most of us are not there but our population is large outside of harar, even though your dog haile Selassie tried to eliminate us. We could’ve mixed with oromo and invaded Amhara but why? Genetically Amhara is dead that’s why tigrayans call u Oromo. Don’t be happy about surviving Amharic language, language doesn’t represent a people

Abdelaziz

Post by Abdelaziz » 21 Jul 2019, 00:29

sADACHAGALLITU THE INFERIORITYCOMPLEXED GALLABITCH, ONE DAY YOU LI'CK HO'MOAR'TERAN ANU'ZZI, ANOTHER DAY YOU LI'CK GUDELAMHARU ANUZZI, JUST LIKE ABIOT MADIAt the ligagam fagut MESHREFET IS DOING IT, ALL DUE TO UTTER FEAR OF TIGREAN WARRIORS. GALLA'[deleted], YOU WANT TO USE WHAT TIGREANS SAY OR MAY NOT SAY ABOUT AMHARU OR YOU AS AS ULTIMATE PROOF OF WHO XIMBGALLA OR ADGIAMHARAY IS. THIS SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU FEAR, REVERE AND TRUST THE INDOMITABLY PROUD AND INTREPID TIGREANS.

Abdelaziz

Post by Abdelaziz » 21 Jul 2019, 00:38

Gagi aka Asmerom Legesee, the ho'mosexual ar'teran gayprostitute who got so'domized by AbaGEDA GUBA IS EXITED TO HEAR MARKAKIS,- A [deleted]'SH ILLITERATE FERENJ DEBTERA/PSEUDOHISTORIAN - SAY GALLA HAD ALSO SO'DOMIZED AMHARU AND GOT MULATO MIDGET AND PERVERT CHILDREN LIKE MEDO, SADACHAGALLITU AND MESRAQ BETRAQ.
Last edited by Abdelaziz on 21 Jul 2019, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Jul 2019, 00:39

Angry agame aziza;

I can hear your tears drop as you typed that.
Angry and crying huh? Wow.

Anyways.
Do not cry obboletti aziza, it's gonna be okay.
If oromo chased tplf to mekelle i doubt they fear anyone. But if telling lies helps you find comfort please feel free to do so.

Abdelaziz

Post by Abdelaziz » 21 Jul 2019, 00:50

obboleti SADACHAGALLITU, I MAKE YOUR CRY BLOOD THROUGH ALL YOUR GALLA ORIFICES. everyone can see you hooked to this forum 7/24 crying while trying to kiss AdgiAmharu and Ho'moshenay Anu'zzi. But TRUST ME, YOUR XIMBAGALLAtribe would have been wiped out by my agazian Minjarian ancestors had the stupid weyane goons not saved you. And trust me, nothing will save you from now on, the weyane goons are sick of traitor gallas like you and the fa'gut meshrefet. Meshrefet will be gone very soon. Mark my word, wedmedhinberad will not save him, no matter how wide Meshrefet the fasgut gonderamgalla opens his gallagonderam orifices for wedimedhin's arab boyfriends. You have no balls, you gallabi'tch!

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Jul 2019, 00:57

Angry agame obboletti aziza;

Take a breath and calm down my agame sister. Being angry and crying is bad for you.
Relax. It's gonna be okay. I promise.
You were the one pretending to be amara for years insulting oromos then logging in on your other names and saying you respect us.
You thought nobody would notice.

Any issues you have with Eritrea and amara is brought about by your tplf. Not our fault tplf made you have several enemies. Oromo don't care what agames do as long as they do it in tigray and not in oromia.

Rtt

Post by Rtt » 22 Jul 2019, 14:49

Portlandia wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 22:52
Misraq wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 21:18

Amhara rats r in harar and getting taxed by hararis. Remember that most of us are not there but our population is large outside of harar, even though your dog haile Selassie tried to eliminate us. We could’ve mixed with oromo and invaded Amhara but why? Genetically Amhara is dead that’s why tigrayans call u Oromo. Don’t be happy about surviving Amharic language, language doesn’t represent a people
It must be sad to be adare. Your entire tribe is being extinct right in your eyes. Soon, your name will only remain in history books only :cry: