Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Digital Weyane
Member+

Re: Eritrean elders proven to be correct

Post by Digital Weyane » 21 Jul 2019, 00:19

Eritrean elders used to say "ሽሕ ሕያዋይ አይትእመን ትግራዋይ!" ... ትርጉሙ "ምንም ያህል ደግ ቢሆንም ቅሉ ትግራዋይን አትመን።" Can you believe that? That hurts! :evil:

But then our very wise TPLF leaders trained Awash to make Eritreans start TRUSTING Weyane. During the last 10 years, our Digital weyane Awash did an excellent job winning the hearts and minds of Eritreans by presenting himself as a democracy and human rights advocate to earn their TRUST. :mrgreen:

Never in his 30,000 posts and threads did Awash ever mention about our Republic of Greater Tigray agenda directly. He is well trained to conceal our TPLF's Greater Tigray agenda which he understood could only be realized through TRUST. Thanks to his patience, today 99.8% of Eritreans TRUST Awash that he is a harmless Weyane who cares deeply about the well being of Eritreans. :!:

I am a Digital Weyane from Adwa, but if I were an Eritreans I would TRUST the Weyane Awash 100%! Yes sir! 100%!!!
8)

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 21 Jul 2019, 04:17

Facts & history, prove otherwise!

This was written, 10 year's ago:

Eritrea: Ethiopian People - Main Victims of Tplf Adventurism

https://allafrica.com/stories/200804071968.html

EDITORIAL

Asmara — Driven by its chronic inferiority complex, the TPLF regime pursues sub-national politics so as to diminish other nationalities in a bid to compensate for its own lack of self-esteem. To this end, the TPLF manipulated the Tigrayan people's struggle for equal rights and used it to secure its narrow-minded interests and vengeful objectives. As a result, the sub-national politics in its worst form dominated the Ethiopian government system and was even featured in the national constitution. Realizing that the TPLF version of federal administration could only lead to ethnic clashes and political tension, the Ethiopian people had from the start opposed the regime's sub-national politics. However, the TPLF presented its backward political philosophy as a democratic political system pursued by Western nations and imposed it on the Ethiopian people without their consent. The result was just as the Ethiopian people predicted from the beginning; under TPLF rule, Ethiopia experienced ethnic conflicts and political turmoil incomparable to any other time in history.

The number of the TPLF regime's brutal suppressions of the Ethiopian people's opposition at gun point is countless. From the first day of its arrival in Addis Ababa, the minority clique had begun its power reign by spilling the blood of innocent civilians. The massacre of university students in Addis Ababa in 2001; in Nekemte, Ambo and other areas of the Oromo region in 2002; as well as the post 2005 elections turmoil in different parts of the country are but some of the few examples of the regime's gross crimes against the Ethiopian people. Following its own devious counsel that 'conflict among people prolongs stay in power,' the TPLF has continuously instigated ethnic clashes in different parts of Ethiopia for the past 16 years claiming the lives of thousands of people. The ethnic-base conflicts between the peoples of Gerina and Borena, Mejenger and Shiko, Guji and Borena, Sidama and Guji, Gude'o and Guji, Gamo and Dawro, Hadia and Kenbata, Silte and Gurage, Oromo and Harere, Afar and Somali, and the Nuer and Agnwak had erupted in different periods, caused the death of many people and are clear examples of the consequences of the TPLF regime's sub-national politics.
present wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 04:00
That stup'd wahabi and fake Oromo is not going to admite anything for you. Of course not.
He is just busy su'cking the minority kebesa and the Amara di'ck. I could see how the Amaras could help the way the oromara destroyed Ascari tplfs. But what is he thinking that the minority kebesas will help him with? Kkkkk

You told him the ascaris are slaves of the Tigreans like esayas and co. but does not want hear that :lol:

Awash wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 23:49
Deqi komarit aka ugum shabo and fake oromo
This is what your tegaru tyrants are doing to Eritrean elder, the No.1 elder of Eritrea.

Democrat

Post by Democrat » 21 Jul 2019, 04:26

Isayas Afeworqi is a Woyane spy and acting a viceroy of Tigray in Eritrea. But this is dangerous. Tigray should take back her districts. All Eritreans should that you are Tigrayans. Some of you are from Agame, some of you are from Adwa etc. But all the same you are Tigrayans.

All those who speak Tigrigna are Tigrayans be definition. Leave this crap called Eritrea. There was no Eritrea and there will be none. Italy has lost it's colonies. Eritrea thus should given back to Ethiopia.

Weyane.is.dead
Member+

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 21 Jul 2019, 11:31

Take it easy whatever it is that you are smoking :mrgreen: dumbrat aka judgementday aka tarik
Democrat wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 04:26
Isayas Afeworqi is a Woyane spy and acting a viceroy of Tigray in Eritrea. But this is dangerous. Tigray should take back her districts. All Eritreans should that you are Tigrayans. Some of you are from Agame, some of you are from Adwa etc. But all the same you are Tigrayans.

All those who speak Tigrigna are Tigrayans be definition. Leave this crap called Eritrea. There was no Eritrea and there will be none. Italy has lost it's colonies. Eritrea thus should given back to Ethiopia.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 21 Jul 2019, 13:05

ብጹዕ ወቅዱስ ርእሰ ሊቃነ ጳጳሳት አቡነ እንጦንዮስ ሳልሳይ ፓትርያርክ ዘሃገር ኤርትራ ዝሃብዎ ሰፊሕ መግለጺ

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 21 Jul 2019, 13:26

What did he say, about the weyane? This thread is about them, namely. Deflections, not appreciated.

Take now this advise from yours truly- an infinetely wiser man, than yourself.

OPEN A NEW THREAD, FOR THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE!
Awash wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 13:05

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 21 Jul 2019, 15:05

Just listen to the #1 elder, you moron zombie wedi40. Sidi biAlege.
Zmeselo wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 13:26
What did he say, about the weyane? This thread is about them, namely. Deflections, not appreciated.

Awash wrote:

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 21 Jul 2019, 15:33

I believe in this too,things change,the Church not.The Church has God given power.I will go to court against the TPLF.Meret abotatna.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 21 Jul 2019, 23:41

Here is what another Eritrean elder said. (We are speaking about what Eritrean elders say, aren't we?)

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 04:04

Nah, he didn't mention the weyane. Irrelevant, to this thread.
Awash wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 15:05
Just listen to the #1 elder, you moron zombie wedi40. Sidi biAlege.
Zmeselo wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 13:26

Awash wrote:

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 04:06

Yes, but in the CONTEXT of what they said about your beloved & precious weyane. Not about elders in general, you silly.

You always feel allergic, when your weyane is in anyway mentioned in a negative light.

Awash wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 23:41
Here is what another Eritrean elder said. (We are speaking about what Eritrean elders say, aren't we?)

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 04:53

The difference being, I'm not an Eritrean who'se pretending to be an Ethiopian here.

Asswash is an agame, pretending to be Eritrean. That's why, he's deflecting this thread. You can talk about Shaebia & insult them by opening a 1000 threads if you want to, but when you mention them in the CONTEXT of the weyane being criticized by an Ethiopian (sadacha) then it's something else.

Even sadacha, who isn't Eritrean, is asking him the same thing. Stop deflecting from the weyane, to Shaebia.

But it's ok, though. He's just exposing himself more & more, of who he really is.
present wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 04:22
So are you when shabia is mentioned in any negative way whatsoever :lol:
Zmeselo wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 04:06
Yes, but in the CONTEXT of what they said about your beloved & precious weyane. Not about elders in general, you silly.

You always feel allergic, when your weyane is in anyway mentioned in a negative light.

Awash wrote:

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 22 Jul 2019, 05:19

Zmeselo wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 05:52
You've díck fear, sewer rat. :lol:

Closet fa9! :lol:

That's your "jurisdiction"? :shock: Buhahahaha..f-n fa66ot, get the fück outta here.

Besides, he brought up the Elders in the context of what they said about your beloved weyane. That makes it HIS jurisdiction, you twat.

You harp about your "Eritrean Heritage" cos you got none, aray beles. Like honorable sadacha said, Ethiopians here LOL at the likes of you, biiatch.

Now you get lost, you bütt sníffing piece of cråp! :lol:
Awash wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 01:53
Sadacha Macca wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 20:26
Awash wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 17:51
Sadacha Macca wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 11:53
Awash wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 02:43

Akam bulte, you fake oromo. You are another one of those shabo stooges who pretend to be Ethiopian. Your nothing but an idiot Agame wedi komarit like your Agame tyrant. How else would an oromo fish the source Tekie Fissihtsion if he wasn't intimately acquainted with Eritrean politics. Fessfass Agame.

My angry tigrayan ethiopian brother:

Yes everyone who has a functioning brain can put 2 and 2 together and see that you're a tplf cyber cadre.
Who is agreeing with you here? Sister belaynesh present a well known tplf cyber cadre.
When anyone discusses the treachery of tplf and their members; what do you do? Deflect and change the subject.
Yet, you expect people to believe that you're Eritrean.
Why wouldn't i study the history of Sudan, Eritrea, somalia, and our country that we share Ethiopia?
Don't be angry my tigrayan brother, the oromo know u very well and laugh at how you and others try to convince yourself that you're anything other than a tigrayan from axum, shire, adwa, etc
Get lost, you lousy fake oromo. You're a typical shabo stooge who equates criticism of the tyrannical fascist agame regime notorious for its crimes against the eritrea people as woyane. The entire world knows have vicious your Agame regime is and are paying for the thousands of refugees fleeing the "gulag state," feeding and housing them in refugee camps throughout the region. Like your fellow Agame stooges, you're gullible enough to believe the opposit. Why would so many flee? Ask yourself, you moron Agame. Instead, you spend your time in Ethiopian website to defend the fascist junta by quoting Eritrean intellectuals like Tekiw Fissehatsion. Mushmush wedi komarit, leave the Eritrean people to fight their battle against tyranny and savagery of your Agame junta. Fessfass Agame.

My angry tigrayan ethiopian brother;

I never said the regime of isayas was democratic or what have you; but as usual, you've deflected attention away from the tplf and their notorious treachery, to discussing eritreans government.
You do that everytime and the only ones agreeing are your fellow tigrayan cyber trolls.
It doesn't take a genius to analyze the facts and think hmmmm perhaps awash is indeed a tigrayan cyber cadre who is here to deflect attention away from tplf and their cadres in anyway possible.
If you want to discuss the eritrean junta you can open your 10,000th post about it and see what commenters think.
But this is about the treachery about your beloved tplf heroes.
You stupid Agame fa'g'got, you brought up the Eritrean elders and what they said. That's my jurisdiction. Mushmush Agame shabo, you're the one who brought up the Eritrean people. If you stayed within Ethiopian bounday, you wouldn't hear from me. I'm not deflecting anything from woyane. I'm dealing with my Eritrean heritage you brought up. You fake oromo fa'g'got, I told you to get lost. Now, get lost.
You are just hated ignorants,I believe Awash is a true Eritrean as we know it.present,atleast have respect for Awash and the Eritreans,it is simply stupid.menm metfo neger slematnageregn lela lechemer alfelegem.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 22 Jul 2019, 06:36

Mushmush agame,
They allegedly said those "Tegaru". Well, your Agame tyrants, who have inflicted more suffering on the Eritrean people than all the previous tyrants combined, are deqi40 tegaru like your Agame self. Wedi kelbi.
You try to defend the indefensible, vicious animals every chance you get. Mushmush hamema.
Zmeselo wrote:

You always feel allergic,
your weyane is in anyway mentioned in a negative light.

Awash wrote:

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 06:57

Tekie Fessehazion, who'se the primary witness to whom they meant would:

for saying that büllshít!

They were talking about your weyane units they saw, who were there for training.
Awash wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 06:36
Mushmush agame,
They allegedly said those "Tegaru". Well, your Agame tyrants, who have inflicted more suffering on the Eritrean people than all the previous tyrants combined, are deqi40 tegaru like your Agame self. Wedi kelbi.
You try to defend the indefensible, vicious animals every chance you get. Mushmush hamema.
Zmeselo wrote:

You always feel allergic,
your weyane is in anyway mentioned in a negative light.

Awash wrote:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 22 Jul 2019, 07:03

Zombie, mushmush Agame:
They, like the other elder, were talking about your ancestors, mushmush wedi40.
Last edited by Awash on 22 Jul 2019, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 07:07

Few things are very important for me, though.

1. Weyane leadership, had the desire to reverse my country's Independence.

2. I'm 1000% sure, they initiated the so called border war. Look at their new Map, of that time.

3. Ethnic based politics, if you look at it without prejudice, it was the EPLF which was the first org. to loudly reject it & stand against it. It even led to severing of relations b/n the 2, at that time. You must be aware, of the "Tigray Manifesto" & what they did in Welqait & Afar too.

In Eritrea, there're problems but not ethnic or tribal ones; thanx to the EPLF's judicious handling of the subject and the fact that people from every tribe bled & died for the country together.
present wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 05:09
Ethinc based politics was invented 28 years ago. So we sometimes talk to tribalists in the language they understand.

Mentioning shabia in the context of weyane is natural because,ethnically, tplf leaders are Eritreans.And, ethincally, shabia leaders are Tigreans. That is what Awash is saying. Awash said Shabia elders are Tigreans and I said Tplf elders are Eritreans. So the wahabi was thinking esayas and the other shabia leaders as ethnically Eritreans, which is wrong. They are ethically Tigreans. Like Bereket is ethnically Eritrean.
Denying these fact is the problem
Zmeselo wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 04:53
The difference being, I'm not an Eritrean who'se pretending to be an Ethiopian here.

Asswash is an agame, pretending to be Eritrean. That's why, he's deflecting this thread. You can talk about Shaebia & insult them by opening a 1000 threads if you want to, but when you mention them in the CONTEXT of the weyane being criticized by an Ethiopian (sadacha) then it's something else.

Even sadacha, who isn't Eritrean, is asking him the same thing. Stop deflecting from the weyane, to Shaebia.

But it's ok, though. He's just exposing himself more & more, of who he really is.
present wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 04:22
So are you when shabia is mentioned in any negative way whatsoever :lol:
Zmeselo wrote:

Awash wrote:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 22 Jul 2019, 17:04

Zmeselo wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 07:07

2. I'm 1000% sure, they initiated the so called border war. Look at their new Map, of that time.
Listen to this bozzo. Didn't the EEBC tell the world that wedi komarit and his agame junta started the war? They also said Badme is inside Eritrea. Why cherry pick and accept the verdict on the border town but not who initiated it? Feger agame will always be feger agame.

I'm 1000% sure the Agame junta started the war to avoid implementation of the Eritrean constitution, conducting parliamentary elections, and the process of democratic transition. You see, the Agame and his henchmen would rather rule for life than give power to the rightful owners: the Eritrean people.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jul 2019, 17:32

Even your great hero, Saleh "skunis" Younus, doesn't believe in your cråp!
Eritrea: Outgunned No More

Tue, 22 Dec 1998

By Saleh AA Younis [email protected]

The OAU is slowly wising up to the fact that when Ms Susan Rice asked them to open their mouth and say Aaaaah, the strange elixir she poured was more poison than medicine. When we protested about Ms. Rice's inexperienced and requested more seasoned rice, we were lectured. When we questioned the likelihood of getting a fair deal given that her sidekick and assigned expert, Ms. Gåyle Smith is a confirmed TPLF groupie, we were outgunned by the smith.

What do we know now? In their two-week Africa tour, Ms. Rice and Ms. Smith, went to Angola: the president, Mr. Eduardo dos Santos, refused to see them. They went to Zimbabwe to visit the Host of Tyrants, Mr. Robert Mugabe. He kept them waiting in the lobby for so long Zimbabwe's inflation rate jumped up by another ten points. They went on a visit to the Congo; Mr. Kabila was not very nice. In fact, the only remotely nice person was their co-author in the abomination known as US-Rwanda plan, Mr. Kagame who, at least, had the decency to disassociate himself from the monster he helped create.

In one form or another, the OAU has, since June 10th, 1998, issued five reports on the Eritrea-Ethiopia conflict.. Of course, institutions being what they are, it is next to impossible for them to say,
My God! What were we thinking when we adopted the US Rwanda plan?
But they have been doing its equivalent: with each succeeding report, they have been edging closer and closer to neutrality.

The Ethiopian government doesn't quite see it that way. To them, what matters is that the OAU still insists that Eritrea withdraw from Badme and that the previous Ethiopian administration be installed. Never mind that the same OAU has called for the cessation of hostilities--which they have rejected despite their claim that they have "fully" accepted the OAU plan. Never mind that the OAU has called for an investigation into their invasion of Ad Murug in July 1997--which will expose their stealth occupation plan. Never mind that they have yet to submit a map that supports their loud claim on May 19, 1998 that such a map exists. Never mind that the call on Eritrea to withdraw is only a sign "of goodwill to our continental congress"--not a validation of their assertions.

To them, each OAU announcement is a welcome one since it has a ripple effect and is quickly endorsed by the EU and the UN. In the mind of the PM (and by PM I don't mean Prime Minister, I mean his former title, Propaganda Minister), what matters most is winning public opinion. It doesn't matter whether you do this by employing falsehood, lies and deceit, what is important is that you win in the endorsement game. What the PM will discover is what Dukakis and Mondale and Dole discovered here in the US: the endorsements you get from the "Fraternal Brotherhood of Parole Officers" and the "Association of The Faint- Hearted" is nice but absolutely meaningless unless it is coupled with support from the general population. What this means, dear PM, is that Eritreans are perfectly willing to play the diplomatic game but, in the end, we are not going to kiss off our sovereignty to win world opinion. Least of all to the OAU which is, A to Z, Algeria to Zimbabwe, composed of governments that year- in and year-out slit the throats of their citizens during the holy month of Ramadan (Algeria) or host murderous butchers and squander the state treasury (Zimbabwe). Thanks but no thanks.

A private citizen unconstrained by the straightjacket of diplomacy, I get to say what's on my mind. The Eritrean president cannot. Facing a motley assembly who, collectively, is probably responsible for more agony than any other group in God's green earth, he has to play the diplomacy game. And this time, we did well.

Having been a frequent critic of our diplomatic gaffes in the past, I must:

(a) Compliment the Eritrean Embassy staff for disseminating the information promptly. Usually, we hear about Eritrea's position from our good friend Seyoum Mesfin who, probably thinking he is teaching us a lecture in "Ye Ethiopia Tarik'' feels a patriotic obligation to supply a good dose of tall tales, exaggerations and flat out lies to any story. By the time Seyoum and the Ethio spokesperson are done spinning the Eritrean position dizzy across several time zones and forums, we generally have a hard time recognizing the pitiful mess we are asked to evaluate. But not this time.

(b)Compliment the president and the foreign ministers for taking the gloves off and pulling no punches and delivering speeches that were right on the Nakfa. Drue's was the equivalent of
I'll see your Ougadougou and raise you ten.
You asked for our response? Here's our response. Redeployment: acceptable but unnecessary. Investigation into the Bada incident: what is the point if you won't use that to modify your recommendations? Administration: Convince us as to why that makes sense. You think Ethiopia has accepted your proposal? Think again:
Ethiopia has not accepted the Framework Agreement but its own amended version.
AND THEN THE BOMBSHELL

<< On the humanitarian issue, as the Report that has been submitted to this Summit of the Central Organ makes clear that it is only Ethiopia that has committed gross violation of the human rights of Eritrean nationals in Ethiopia; while, on Eritrea's part, there is no
systematic or official action directed against Ethiopians in Eritrea,
Recommendation 8 must read to reflect this fact by dropping the clause "put an end to measures directed against the civilian population" and in 8 b) the word compensate must be added so that the last few words read
to compensate those persons who have been deported.
It's good to know that, when it comes to the abuse and misuse of civilian citizens, the OAU has come to the same conclusion that UNDP, the UN Commission for Human Rights and the EU have: it is Ethiopia and only Ethiopia that is committing these crimes. Generally, reports like these are issued and quickly buried so as not to embarrass Ethiopia. By shrewdly reading part of the contents- Drue- has now challenged the world media to report it. By now, there are only two westerners left who still tow the TPLF line: an AFP journalist assigned to Ethiopia (soon to be displaced) and an NGO bottom feeder and a Woodrow Wilson exiled assigned to Mekele (Witten).

After listing various clarifications and recommendations, Drue concluded his remarks as follows:
The remaining recommendations are positive and acceptable to Eritrea.
By Ethiopian standards, we now get to say,
Eritrea has accepted the OAU plan.
President Isaias, who no longer feels compelled to save Comrade Meles now that he has seen the Comrade's new friends, was even more blunt. If you want a formula for lasting peace, he told the OAU, get an unwavering commitment from Ethiopia that it respects Eritrea's colonial boundaries in a
precise, legal language that will require the opinion of legal experts and ensure a speedy resolution, instead of leading to differing interpretations and endless controversy.
Bingo. In my opinion, this is the only position we should not compromise on: Ethiopia MUST accept Eritrea's sovereignty once and for all. "Ye Ethiopia Tarik" tends to produce myth-intoxicated suprapatriots who want to make their mark by going north, young man. To spare future generations from the straying Alulas and Meneliks, we need a tight-proof border agreement.

Holding out on agreeing to Ethiopian "administration" of Badme, to me, is a good negotiation tool but, by the time the OAU is done implementing a demilitarized zone guarded by third parties for a limited time period, the administration will mean nothing more than a face-saving opportunity to give the Ethiopian government. It will be a six month opportunity to tell its hard core constituency that it has emerged triumphant and liberated Badme from the "arrogrant Shabbiyah." "Izi Dimtsi Hara Badme iyu" Another chapter in "Ye Ethiopia Tarik."

The president effectively demolished the Eritrea Is A Neighborhood Bully argument. This is patently silly when it comes from comrade PM Meles. Eritrea's dispute with Yemen? Funny you should mention that, comrade, but wasn't it your government who provided us with all the documents that support our case? Eritrea's dispute with Sudan? I seem to recall you having the same dispute with Sudan, comrade. And if we are so vile and you've been our closest partner for 20 years, what does that say about you?

The Eritrean prez made some recommendations to strengthen the Framework and make it more palatable to Eritrea: all, in my opinion, sensible. He asked the OAU not to fall for the same tricks poor Susan Rice fell for: the huff and puff of the Ethiopian War Machine. And he concluded as follows:
I am confident that the OAU, which through the tireless efforts of President Compaore and his colleagues in the High-Level Delegation has come closer than any other party to bridging the gap between the parties, will stay the course and help us achieve peace.
And what was the OAU's response. Officially, we are told by Ethiopia that they didn't accept our recommendations but read their statement and judge for yourself:

<< The Central Organ wishes to commend the two Parties for the confidence which they have placed in the OAU and for the cooperation they have extended to the OAU High Level Delegation in the performance of its mandate and for the restraint that they have shown.

<< The Central Organ urges the OAU High Level Delegation to remain seized with the dispute and calls on the two Parties to continue to cooperate with the Delegation with a view to creating the necessary conditions for the speedy implementation of the Framework Agreement. The Central Organ further urges both Parties to continue to exercise restraint.>>

The momentum in diplomacy has shifted. We are outgunned no more. Ethiopia's human rights record has been found wanting even by the standards of the abysmal OAU. All you folks in a hurry for peace, remember, Eritrea can have peace tomorrow morning; all we need to do is to surrender to the Ethiopian government's every little request. But lasting peace requires negotiation skills and scrupulous attention to detail. It, unfortunately, also requires a standing army and massive arms.

Which is why I was so sad when I first heard that Eritrea is purchasing MIG 29s. No, I wasn't sad that we are "wasting resources". Frankly, the people who feel we don't need fighter planes and heavy weapons must live in an imaginary world of rainbows and unicorns and harp music. I can tolerate this in little girls clutching teddy bears and fuzzy bearded academics at ivory towers but I simply don't understand it coming from people of my generation who lived the terror of helplessness of being outgunned. I am sad that we didn't have the MIGs much earlier: if we did, the Ethiopian government would never have dared bomb our capital.

I am elated that we finally have them. Outgunned no more. Finally, the distance from Addis to Asmara is exactly the same as the distance from Asmara to Addis.

Saleh AAY
SF Bay Area, CA USA
Awash wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 17:04
Zmeselo wrote:

Listen to this bozzo. Didn't the EEBC tell the world that wedi komarit and his agame junta started the war? They also said Badme is inside Eritrea. Why cherry pick and accept the verdict on the border town but not who initiated it? Feger agame will always be feger agame.

I'm 1000% sure the Agame junta started the war to avoid implementation of the Eritrean constitution, conducting parliamentary elections, and the process of democratic transition. You see, the Agame and his henchmen would rather rule for life than give power to the rightful owners: the Eritrean people.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 22 Jul 2019, 20:27

Awash wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 17:04
Zmeselo wrote:

Zombie,
Like I said, the Boundary Commission found wedi komarit guilty of starting the war.

...Among the more significant holdings of the Commission were: that Eritrea unlawfully invaded Ethiopian-controlled territory at the start of the conflict,[5]unlawfully conducted or permitted the killing, rape or abduction of civilians and the looting of property,[6] abused or provided improper care and treatment to Ethiopian prisoners of war,[7] and failed to provide expelled civilians with appropriate protection and treatment;[8]...
https://www.asil.org/insights/volume/13 ... age-awards