Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Axumawi
Member+

Weyannie 1936/1942

Post by Axumawi » 11 Jul 2019, 01:01

This festival is done exactly at the place where the conference was held in 1942.
Tigreans, Wollo(Oromo), Agew and Afar participated in the revolt.
The place is called May Derhu located in Hintalo W/Gwijirat
This song HINGIDU was done some 21 years ago and is considered official song of the festival.
The Qorbet he is wearing is where the resolutions of the conference were written.
That is why the Amara (not Amhara) and Hamsien do not understand what Weyannie means. All other peoples in Ethiopia and Eritrea know what it means.

Gen. Waqa Guttu the leader of Weyannie Bale, was once asked (in Kenya), why he does not call the EPRDF government against which he also fought, but was initially an ally, as Weyannie.
His answer was: The name Weyannie has special meaning to me, I had some fighters with me in Bale, those who fought in Weyannie. I feel like calling EPRDF as Weyannie would be undermining my friends.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Re: Weyannie 1936/1942

Post by Degnet » 11 Jul 2019, 14:13

Axumawi wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 01:01
This festival is done exactly at the place where the conference was held in 1942.
Tigreans, Wollo(Oromo), Agew and Afar participated in the revolt.
The place is called May Derhu located in Hintalo W/Gwijirat
This song HINGIDU was done some 21 years ago and is considered official song of the festival.
The Qorbet he is wearing is where the resolutions of the conference were written.
That is why the Amara (not Amhara) and Hamsien do not understand what Weyannie means. All other peoples in Ethiopia and Eritrea know what it means.

Gen. Waqa Guttu the leader of Weyannie Bale, was once asked (in Kenya), why he does not call the EPRDF government against which he also fought, but was initially an ally, as Weyannie.
His answer was: The name Weyannie has special meaning to me, I had some fighters with me in Bale, those who fought in Weyannie. I feel like calling EPRDF as Weyannie would be undermining my friends.

Entetegedfunas/entethadgunas abey mebetsahena.