Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 14:40

Thanks to the sound austerity measures the Eritrean gov't has taken, Eritrea is now the least indebted country in the WORLD.





The IMF, shows the same figures:

Last edited by Zmeselo on 08 Jul 2019, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 14:44



Last edited by Zmeselo on 08 Jul 2019, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 14:48

Ghideon Musa (@GhideonMusa) Tweeted:

Today in history July 8, 2017
Asmara inscribed as UNESCO World Heritage Site.




Axumawi
Member+
Posts: 6322
Joined: 28 Apr 2018, 00:31

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Axumawi » 08 Jul 2019, 16:18

You have to have money to borrow money.

That is the most fundamental rule of debt or credit.

If you do not have money in any form, you will not get money in another form.

Farmers used to borrow based on future plantation produce, which no one is sure if the planted seeds will produce a good harvest.

Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 16:29

Wrong!

Eritrea, from 2010- 13, was the "3rd most indebted country in Africa". Had Eritrea money, then?

At that time, the economy was hit hard by sanctions and other political factors.
Axumawi wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 16:18
You have to have money to borrow money.

That is the most fundamental rule of debt or credit.

If you do not have money in any form, you will not get money in another form.

Farmers used to borrow based on future plantation produce, which no one is sure if the planted seeds will produce a good harvest.


Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 17:05

Who knew, Qatar's headache was your headache? :lol:
Awash wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 16:50
You've got money? Slave labor money? Well, pay the man

https://www.law360.com/financial-servic ... ThmbpzCn70

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2 ... &source=48

Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 17:10


Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 19:20

Tesfalem Gebreslassie mezmur (@MezmurBest) Tweeted:

ኤርትራዊት ኣመሪካዊት ምርቕቲ ፖለቲካዊ ስነፍልጠት ኣድያም ሳይሞን፡ ዕለተ ምረቓኣ ኣብ ኣስመራ ጸምቢላቶ። ድሕሪ ዓመት ስራሕ ኮንትራት፡ ናብ ኤርትራ (2020) ተመሊሳ ሃገራዊ ኣገልግሎት ክትፍጽም ኢያ። #Sawa4peaceandDevelopmnet.








Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 26694
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Awash » 08 Jul 2019, 20:48


Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 26694
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Awash » 08 Jul 2019, 20:53

Deadbeat, pay off your debt. Mushmush Agame,
Qatar saved your Agame asz when your Agame asz was on fire.
Zmeselo wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 17:05
Who knew, Qatar's headache was your headache? :lol:
Awash wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 16:50
You've got money? Slave labor money? Well, pay the man

https://www.law360.com/financial-servic ... ThmbpzCn70

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2 ... &source=48

Digital Weyane
Member
Posts: 980
Joined: 19 Jun 2019, 21:45

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Digital Weyane » 08 Jul 2019, 21:16

My oil rich nation of Tigray will never give loans to the Eritrean regime changers. Never! Over my dead hero Meles' body!

Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 21:49

Are you Qatar's debt collector now, sheik al amoudi's boyfriend? :mrgreen:
Awash wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 20:53
Deadbeat, pay off your debt. Mushmush Agame,
Qatar saved your Agame asz when your Agame asz was on fire.
Zmeselo wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 17:05
Who knew, Qatar's headache was your headache? :lol:
Awash wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 16:50
You've got money? Slave labor money? Well, pay the man

https://www.law360.com/financial-servic ... ThmbpzCn70

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2 ... &source=48

Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 26694
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Awash » 08 Jul 2019, 21:52

What about the situation in Eritrea?

On the international stage, Eritrea’s position has drastically improved since this time last year. The country is now a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council, despite having one of the worst human rights records in the world.

On the one hand, this shows how much Eritrea has stepped out of its own shadow over the past twelve months. The notoriously reclusive state is now working with regional and global partners, instead of shutting itself off from the world.

The economic benefits of this are already becoming apparent with increased trade across the border with Ethiopia and economic partnership deals between the former rivals and there’s a whole world out there for Eritrea to start working with, now that much of the stigma against “Africa’s North Korea” is being challenged.

However, the positive change taking place in Eritrea right now doesn’t appear to be having any benefit on the life of average Eritreans. According to the UN, there has been no improvement in terms of human rights since the peace deal was signed in July last year while the state continues to target Christian groups and government critics...
https://eastafricamonitor.com/is-2019-t ... of-africa/

Digital Weyane
Member
Posts: 980
Joined: 19 Jun 2019, 21:45

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Digital Weyane » 08 Jul 2019, 21:55

You Eritrean regime changers are debt free because my country Tigray has refused to give you loans. Cry me the Awash river!

Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 21:56

While,

bark, the



marches on!
Awash wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 20:48

Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 26694
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Awash » 08 Jul 2019, 22:10

NameNational Debt to GDP Ratio Population
Japan 234.18% 126,860,301
Greece 181.78% 10,473,455
Sudan176.02%
Venezuela. 172.08% 28,515,829
Lebanon. 160.57% 6,855,713
Italy. 127.51% 60,550,075
Eritrea 127.34% 3,497,117
Barbados 127.31% 287,025
Cape Verde 126.66% 549,935
Portugal 117.54% 10,226,187
Mozambique 116.60% 30,366,036

pastlast
Member
Posts: 1199
Joined: 19 May 2019, 18:02

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by pastlast » 08 Jul 2019, 22:25

All this shows is that Isayas Afwrki ANSWERs to His Masters Whether He Likes TO or NOT! Self-Reliance and "AFRICAN Solutions to AFRICAN Problems" is just a SLOGAN and NOT A PRINCIPLE of Isayas Afwrki and PFDJ!
Now GO PAY off those you OWE Money to for your INCOMPETENCE. By the way BURUNDI is STILL BETTER THAN ERITREA!!

Axumawi
Member+
Posts: 6322
Joined: 28 Apr 2018, 00:31

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Axumawi » 08 Jul 2019, 23:21

What is the annual Budget of Eritrea? If there is such a thing in Eritrea?

How much money does Eritrea get from UAE for Assab?

How much money does Eritrea get from Saudi and UAE for services in the war on Yemen?

How much money does Eritrea get from Egypt for spy work and political work in Ethiopia?

How much money does Eritrea get from EU and US for various services against Djibouti, Sudan, South Sudan...?

Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 16820
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Eritrea: the least indebted country in the world.

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Jul 2019, 23:25

Give, source & date!

I know you don't read but as I explained to your brother axumawi, Eritrea was most indebted b/n 2010-2013.
Awash wrote:
08 Jul 2019, 22:10
NameNational Debt to GDP Ratio Population
Japan 234.18% 126,860,301
Greece 181.78% 10,473,455
Sudan176.02%
Venezuela. 172.08% 28,515,829
Lebanon. 160.57% 6,855,713
Italy. 127.51% 60,550,075
Eritrea 127.34% 3,497,117
Barbados 127.31% 287,025
Cape Verde 126.66% 549,935
Portugal 117.54% 10,226,187
Mozambique 116.60% 30,366,036

Post Reply