Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
dolphin

"I am Yemeni. I know myself to be a Yemeni. We are Yemenis. Apart from the royal family, Ethiopians are Arabs.

Post by dolphin » 26 Jun 2019, 07:38

1) In 2010, while discussing bilateral relations with the former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi in Addis Ababa, Meles said:

"I am Yemeni. I know myself to be a Yemeni. We are Yemenis. Apart from the royal family, Ethiopians are Arabs."

Apart from the the royal family, and with the exception of a few black groups, all the rest of Ethiopians are Arabs. Zenawi, the leader of the current revolution in Ethiopia, said

http://www.durame.com/2012/06/ethiopia- ... enawi.html

Zack

Re: "I am Yemeni. I know myself to be a Yemeni. We are Yemenis. Apart from the royal family, Ethiopians are Arabs.

Post by Zack » 26 Jun 2019, 09:11

Meles was a great diplomat but he was a coward though who didn't make tigray a greater place. Meles was simplistic and claimed Arab identity when in fact Yemenis and Arabs have been enemies of Abyssinia. But he was claiming Yemeni identity just for economic relations to strangle wedi Afom of asmara.

Dr Zackovich

kerenite

Re: "I am Yemeni. I know myself to be a Yemeni. We are Yemenis. Apart from the royal family, Ethiopians are Arabs.

Post by kerenite » 26 Jun 2019, 14:01

dolphin wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 07:38
1) In 2010, while discussing bilateral relations with the former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi in Addis Ababa, Meles said:

"I am Yemeni. I know myself to be a Yemeni. We are Yemenis. Apart from the royal family, Ethiopians are Arabs."

Apart from the the royal family, and with the exception of a few black groups, all the rest of Ethiopians are Arabs. Zenawi, the leader of the current revolution in Ethiopia, said

It was politically and economically (not historically) motivated then.

The smart meles played his card cynically. He knew gadaffi was a sicko dictator. He said what gadaafi wants to hear.

Gadaffi in one of the closed sessions of the arab league, he lectured the arab heads of states that shakespeare, the famous br. Was an arab and his real name was sheik bieer but the whites corrupted the name to shekespeare.. All the arab heads of states of course nodded.

My source, SadiQ almahdi who was the PM of the sudan then and who was present in the meeting. He narrated it in his short memoir.

AbyssiniaLady

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 27 Jun 2019, 12:02

kerenite wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 14:01

The smart meles played his card cynically. He knew gadaffi was a sicko dictator. He said what gadaafi wants to hear.

Gadaffi in one of the closed sessions of the arab league, he lectured the arab heads of states that shakespeare, the famous br. Was an arab and his real name was sheik bieer but the whites corrupted the name to shekespeare.. All the arab heads of states of course nodded.

My source, SadiQ almahdi who was the PM of the sudan then and who was present in the meeting. He narrated it in his short memoir.
The Tigrigna speakers clowns on both sides of the border think they are Yemenis, Meles was serious.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 27 Jun 2019, 12:22

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 12:02
kerenite wrote:

The Tigrigna speakers clowns on both sides of the border think they are Yemenis, Meles was serious.
I respectfully beg to differ, to the contrary, they harbor deep rooted hatred towards arabs and their utmost wish is to distance themselves from them (just read what the bigots write here constantly).

Regarding meles being smart (BTW I ain't his fan), he cynically blabbered some years back, that sitting with issayas for 10 minutes or is it 15 minutes is tantamount to reading 10 books or is it 11 books. Of course it was a diplomatic move to tame him lest he leaves ethiopia alone.

Some hgdef cadres took it at face value and they brag about it unashamedly. Lol..

AbyssiniaLady

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 27 Jun 2019, 16:51

kerenite wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 12:22
AbyssiniaLady wrote:
kerenite wrote:

I respectfully beg to differ, to the contrary, they harbor deep rooted hatred towards arabs and their utmost wish is to distance themselves from them (just read what the bigots write here constantly).

Regarding meles being smart (BTW I ain't his fan), he cynically blabbered some years back, that sitting with issayas for 10 minutes or is it 15 minutes is tantamount to reading 10 books or is it 11 books. Of course it was a diplomatic move to tame him lest he leaves ethiopia alone.

Some hgdef cadres took it at face value and they brag about it unashamedly. Lol..

Tigrayans and Eri Tigrinya routinely use anthropology and ethnology websites to spread their agenda, misinformation and false propaganda and hoping people will believe them, they spend all their time collecting Tigrayans/Eri Tigrinya, Amhara, Yemenis and Omanis pictures and comparing similarities, they are self loathing mountain gorillas who wishes they were Yemenis.

Hawzen

Post by Hawzen » 27 Jun 2019, 18:05

kerenite wrote:
dolphin wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 07:38

The smart meles played his card cynically. .............
Wedi Shire Kerenite,

You miss you idol Meles so badly. Don't you ??? I don't blame you though...The fact that life has never been the same for the useless Democratic Republic of Killil Tigray and it citizens after the sudden and disgraceful disappearance of the coward little frog.... :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF

Abe Abraham
Member+

Post by Abe Abraham » 27 Jun 2019, 18:34

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 16:51
kerenite wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 12:22
AbyssiniaLady wrote:
kerenite wrote:

Tigrayans and Eri Tigrinya routinely use anthropology and ethnology websites to spread their agenda, misinformation and false propaganda and hoping people will believe them, they spend all their time collecting Tigrayans/Eri Tigrinya, Amhara, Yemenis and Omanis pictures and comparing similarities, they are self loathing mountain gorillas who wishes they were Yemenis.