Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

The destiny of Tigray will be determined only by the people of Tigray

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 19 Jun 2019, 16:19

All Tigrayans are saying article 39 now and help others to do so,no more Ethiopia.

Above picture on the left you see an Axumite jar from thaousands years ago in the shape of a woman with a typical Tigrai women hairstyle found in Axum. On the right you see a modern typical young woman with the same hair style. The Tigrai people maintained their culture, language and history for a very long time.

Here is the partial interview:

The people of Tigrai have been governing themselves at least for three and half thousand years under organized and structured government with written laws and rules.

The ancient Damat or Yeha and Axumite Kingdoms, the newly found 3200 years old stalemate with modern typical Tigrai style masonry houses at Mai Adrasha near Enda Silasse, Shire which are in the heart of Tigrai are fine examples of Tigrai people’s advanced civilization and long history with their own well established functioning governments. The aim of this article is not to educate the reader the long and extraordinary history of Tigrai, but to expose the conniving and insidious nature of the mercenary team thrusting Ethiopia in to the edge of breaking point.

Last week Debretsion Gebremichael the Deputy President of Tigrai gave a short interview to the Ethiopian Reporter. In the interview Debretsion Gebremichael replied when he was asked the following pointed straight forward question, “So are you saying that the people want to secede from Ethiopia? Yes, there is a growing feeling among the public. It is only us who are saying that we shouldn’t resort to such feelings. We, as the regional government, are telling our people that those problems will be solved and we are telling them to be patient. However, the pressure from the public is different. People even tell me that I shouldn’t go for meetings to Addis Ababa. All those things pushed the people to the edge. They feel hopeless and are saying that we should secede from Ethiopia.”

Degnet
Senior Member+

Re: The destiny of Tigray will be determined only by the people of Tigray

Post by Degnet » 19 Jun 2019, 16:25

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:19
All Tigrayans are saying article 39 now and help others to do so,no more Ethiopia.

Above picture on the left you see an Axumite jar from thaousands years ago in the shape of a woman with a typical Tigrai women hairstyle found in Axum. On the right you see a modern typical young woman with the same hair style. The Tigrai people maintained their culture, language and history for a very long time.

The people of Tigrai have been governing themselves at least for three and half thousand years under organized and structured government with written laws and rules.

The ancient Damat or Yeha and Axumite Kingdoms, the newly found 3200 years old setelment with modern typical Tigrai style masonry houses at Mai Adrasha near Enda Silasse, Shire which are in the heart of Tigrai are fine examples of Tigrai people’s advanced civilization and long history with their own well established functioning governments. The aim of this article is not to educate the reader the long and extraordinary history of Tigrai, but to expose the conniving and insidious nature of the mercenary team thrusting Ethiopia in to the edge of breaking point.

Last week Dr. Debretsion Gebremichael the Deputy President of Tigrai gave a short interview to the Ethiopian Reporter. In the interview Dr. Debretsion Gebremichael replied when he was asked the following pointed straight forward question, “So are you saying that the people want to secede from Ethiopia? Yes, there is a growing feeling among the public. It is only us who are saying that we shouldn’t resort to such feelings. We, as the regional government, are telling our people that those problems will be solved and we are telling them to be patient. However, the pressure from the public is different. People even tell me that I shouldn’t go for meetings to Addis Ababa. All those things pushed the people to the edge. They feel hopeless and are saying that we should secede from Ethiopia.”
You are just an idiot,no body is talking about this.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 19 Jun 2019, 16:28

Degnet wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:25
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:19

The ancient Damat or Yeha and Axumite Kingdoms, the newly found 3200 years old setelment with modern typical Tigrai style masonry houses at Mai Adrasha near Enda Silasse, Shire which are in the heart of Tigrai are fine examples of Tigrai people’s advanced civilization and long history with their own well established functioning governments. The aim of this article is not to educate the reader the long and extraordinary history of Tigrai, but to expose the conniving and insidious nature of the mercenary team thrusting Ethiopia in to the edge of breaking point.

Last week Dr. Debretsion Gebremichael the Deputy President of Tigrai gave a short interview to the Ethiopian Reporter. In the interview Dr. Debretsion Gebremichael replied when he was asked the following pointed straight forward question, “So are you saying that the people want to secede from Ethiopia? Yes, there is a growing feeling among the public. It is only us who are saying that we shouldn’t resort to such feelings. We, as the regional government, are telling our people that those problems will be solved and we are telling them to be patient. However, the pressure from the public is different. People even tell me that I shouldn’t go for meetings to Addis Ababa. All those things pushed the people to the edge. They feel hopeless and are saying that we should secede from Ethiopia.”
You are just an idiot,no body is talking about this.
But we are talking about this all over Tigray except the piness cut by Amhara Degnet???

info

Post by info » 19 Jun 2019, 16:28

Tigraionline = ትግራይ ለቅሶ ቤት :lol: Why do you guys think you can pressure Ethiopia by crying about secession for the thousand times now? How many times should Ethiopians need to tell you that we will support your constitutional rights to use article 39 and secede. And what do you do next? You start the usual crying about secession allover again as if Ethiopia is holding you back. Wtf? You can go, ok! Bye!

Tog Wajale

Post by Tog Wajale » 19 Jun 2019, 16:31

Brother Halafi Dingai Dedebit Woorgach Agga*me Tigriayan Prostitute Who*re Agga*me:---- What Destiny, Pig, Pig, Pig, Pig.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 19 Jun 2019, 16:40

I am paging Oromia, Somali, Sidama, Wolayta to follow Tigray. When listen and follow Tigray good thing comes out always and this time will not be different from the previous experiments.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 19 Jun 2019, 16:43

Others do not need your help; but feel free to determine tigrayan fate. We know you are not confident enough to stand on your own, that's why you are begging others to leave the country too, so that you feel less scared of having Ethiopia and Eritrea (two potentially hostile foes) surrounding you on all sides.

Democrat

Post by Democrat » 19 Jun 2019, 16:58

Secession is not the solution. Tigray is ancient Ethiopia. We should first control the territories that belong to Aksumite Kingdom.Most of Gondar, Gojamme, Shoa and Eritrea was part of Aksumite Kingdom. We cannot leave out anceteral lands to other tribes.

We need to overthrow the government in Addis Ababa and install a government that respects the legacies of the Aksumite Empire or Kingdom.

TPLF has it's own hidden agenda. The likes of Debretsion are anti-Tigrayand anti-Ethiopia because they are halfcast from Eritrea. We need a new organisation that stands and fights for the legacies of Aksumite Kingdom. There should not be a country called Eritrea. Eritrea should be under Tigrayan or Ethiopia.

Facilitating the secession of Eritrea is wrong. We should reverse it. Aksum, Lalibella , Gondar are a continous cultral and legal entities. Tigray should thus stand for liberating Ethiopia from immigrants or anti-Ethiopia elements. Secession is not an option. If central government is anti-Tigray and pushes Tigray to secede, we need to overthrow the central government and not ask for secession. All Ethiopia belongs to Tigray. The Amhara are immigrants from West Africa and some of them are Aksumites. The Oromos also migrated from equatorial africa or southern africa. The Oromos were based in the Arrussi area.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 19 Jun 2019, 17:12

:
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:40
I am paging Oromia, Somali, Sidama, Wolayta to follow Tigray. When listen and follow Tigray good thing comes out always and this time will not be different from the previous experiments.
You had 27 long years to fulfill your nightmare and here you are still crying :mrgreen: Must we force you to go away? or would it be wiser for your party to call for the 39 now? Mengedun cherQ Yargilachihu.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hawzen

Post by Hawzen » 19 Jun 2019, 17:54

Brother ayte Halafi,

What else do you want to hear, brother. I believe brother info and brother Sadacha Macca are not from the same ethnic and most likely from the two biggest ethnics. Both of them have the same response/message to you and people like you. They are just wishing you good luck. They will not waste their resource to make you stay and probably they think that it is NOT worth it. In my understanding the way they see it is that It is like spending a dime to retrieve a nickel or may be even spending a quarter to retrieve a nickel :oops: :mrgreen: :lol: .

I am just hoping that you are not counting on Eritrea and the people of Eritrea when you make such decision. It is all you. In fact, we have unresolved issues and it will be much easier for Eritrea to handle it later when you have nobody to rely on.

info wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:28
Tigraionline = ትግራይ ለቅሶ ቤት :lol: Why do you guys think you can pressure Ethiopia by crying about secession for the thousand times now? How many times should Ethiopians need to tell you that we will support your constitutional rights to use article 39 and secede. And what do you do next? You start the usual crying about secession allover again as if Ethiopia is holding you back. Wtf? You can go, ok! Bye!
Brother info,

You are just such a merciless Ethiopian brother. I thought your comments are cold.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:43
Others do not need your help; but feel free to determine tigrayan fate. We know you are not confident enough to stand on your own, that's why you are begging others to leave the country too, so that you feel less scared of having Ethiopia and Eritrea (two potentially hostile foes) surrounding you on all sides.
Brother Sadacha Macca,

It looks like you realized how much the bread of Ethiopia has been giving away on impoverished Tigray killil to save lives. Now that they are demanding to separate from Ethiopia, Oromia does not have to send its resources to feed the people of Tigray if they decide to go their way.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 19 Jun 2019, 18:02

Hawzen wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 17:54
Brother ayte Halafi,

What else do you want to hear, brother. I believe brother info and brother Sadacha Macca are not from the same ethnic and most likely from the two biggest ethnics. Both of them have the same response/message to you and people like you. They are just wishing you good luck. They will not waste their resource to make you stay and probably they think that it is NOT worth it. In my understanding the way they see it is that It is like spending a dime to retrieve a nickel or may be even spending a quarter to retrieve a nickel :oops: :mrgreen: :lol: .

I am just hoping that you are not counting on Eritrea and the people of Eritrea when you make such decision. It is all you. In fact, we have unresolved issues and it will be much easier for Eritrea to handle it later when you have nobody to rely on.

info wrote:
Brother info,

You are just such a merciless Ethiopian brother. I thought your comments are cold.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
Brother Sadacha Macca,

It looks like you realized how much the bread of Ethiopia has been giving away on impoverished Tigray killil to save lives. Now that they are demanding to separate from Ethiopia, Oromia does not have to send its resources to feed the people of Tigray if they decide to go their way.

My dear Eritrean brother and neighbor;

I am not opposed to Tigrayan independence, but certain things must be worked out; such as land disputes they'd inevitably have with the rest of Ethiopia, how much of our debt will they take since they were the ones who did a lot of borrowing in our collective name, and etc.
Other than those crucial questions/issues; they have our blessings, as Oromos, to leave us, for good, never to bother us again!
Oromia will trade with eritrea via gondar and amharas and perhaps even Sudan.

info

Post by info » 20 Jun 2019, 04:12

Brother Hawzen,

I have been telling Halafi & Co. that secession for the poor Tigray people (not for Ethiopia) is the worst choice because of many reasons. The first being economical of course but also political. Tigray society will be split on this issue and fight with each other for many years to come. Add to that the border dispute with Eritrea and Ethiopia etc. Especially with Ethiopia it will have no end because of the lack of colonial boundaries. That means the strongest grabs as much land as it can and after a while when the balance of power shifts, the fight for land will start allover again. Where there is no colonial border there will be no end to settle the issue once and for all.

Anyway, I think I have done my part in advising them what is good for the poor Tigreans but if they are the idiots in town who want to test it then I say good bye and wish them all the best. For Ethiopia, nothing will change. If Tigray becomes independent today, tomorrow everything in Ethiopia functions as before, as if nothing happens. That is just the hard reality.

And btw, they have to go alone by themselves no one will follow them.

Hawzen wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 17:54
Brother ayte Halafi,

info wrote:
Brother info,

Sadacha Macca wrote:
Brother Sadacha Macca,