Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
present
Member+

Map From 1260. Unbelievable!, Mama Ethiopai!!

Post by present » 12 Jun 2019, 21:55

[/quote]

justo

Re: Map From 1260. Unbelievable!, Mama Ethiopai!!

Post by justo » 13 Jun 2019, 09:03

present wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 21:55
That is muslim calendar you moron, 1260 in the muslim calendar means 1864 in the common era calendar

present
Member+

Post by present » 13 Jun 2019, 11:40

Stup'id ascari kebesa :lol:

I never said it was "AD".

It's says it on the map, too! You stup'd kebesa.

And it's not 1864, it's 1844, can you read? :lol:

There are maps older than 1800, all over!!, Anyway.

justo wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 09:03
present wrote:
That is muslim calendar you moron, 1260 in the muslim calendar means 1864 in the common era calendar

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 13 Jun 2019, 12:34

Food for thought,

Of course the year indicated is in islamic calendar aka HIJRA or migration.

Muslims calendar (year) begins from the day prophet Mohamed (Pbuh) and his few companions were chased out of Mecca by the Qureshis and settled in Medina where he and his companions were welcomed with open arms by the residents of Medina and thus the first HIJRA.

How about the second hijra?

Perhaps many have no clue about the second hijra and which is interesting and of paramount importance for us horners, thus, the migration of the companions of the prophet to the horn (amongst them his daughter Rokia and her husband Othman bin affan, the later caliph) was considered as THE SECOND HIJRA. Mind you here too they were welcomed with open arms when they sought asylum.
Last edited by kerenite on 13 Jun 2019, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 13 Jun 2019, 12:39

kerenite wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 12:34
Food for thought,

Muslims calendar (year) begins from the day prophet Mohamed (Pbuh) and his few companions were chased out of Mecca by the Qureshis and settled in Medina where he and his companions were welcomed with open arms by the residents of Medina and thus the first HIJRA.

Perhaps many have no clue about the second hijra and which is interesting and of paramount importance for us horners, thus, the migration of the companions of the prophet to the horn (amongst them his daughter Rokia and her husband Othman bin affan, the later caliph) was considered as THE SECOND HIJRA.
It is history and nice to know,you are an educated person and still atbaki moslim.I don't want to judge,I wish you peace and happiness.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 13 Jun 2019, 13:49

Degnet wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 12:39
kerenite wrote:
Food for thought,

Perhaps many have no clue about the second hijra and which is interesting and of paramount importance for us horners, thus, the migration of the companions of the prophet to the horn (amongst them his daughter Rokia and her husband Othman bin affan, the later caliph) was considered as THE SECOND HIJRA.
It is history and nice to know,you are an educated person and still atbaki moslim.I don't want to judge,I wish you peace and happiness.
Degnet,

You know what, I have great respect for you while you are one of the few tigrians here who publicly claim that you are a tigrayan.

Back to the topic, I ain't a religious person, however, I don't expect that you want me to remain tight-lipped when my faith is ridiculed (do you?) and as such I react. If this makes me atbaQi or whatever then I am atbaQi.

Finally,

I respect your faith and I have never ever ridiculed it and I expect from others mutual respect.

Cheers!
Last edited by kerenite on 13 Jun 2019, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 13 Jun 2019, 13:52

kerenite wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 13:49
Degnet wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 12:39
kerenite wrote:
Food for thought,

Degnet,

You know what, I have great respect for you while you are one of the few tigrians here who publicly claim that you are a tigrayan.

Back to the topic, I ain't a religious person, however, I won't remain tight-lipped when my faith is ridiculed and as such I react. If this makes me atbaQi or whatever then I am atbaQi.

Finally,

I respect your faith and I have never ever ridiculed it and I expect from others mutual respect.

Cheers!
I understand you,much respect.Cheers.

info

Post by info » 13 Jun 2019, 15:35

Present, this is not an old map from 1844, this is a map that was recently made by an artist who lives in Sweden as a "mind experiment" to show how African could have looked like in the year 1844 if it was never colonized. So it is a map from around 2014 not from 1844. Here you have the full story: https://decolonialatlas.wordpress.com/2 ... n-1260-ah/

Btw, what is your recent beef with Eritreans? What triggered you? I think you should cool down. We have now peace with Eritrea and we should stop any hostility in my view. If we want to make peace with TPLF lead Tigray then this should never be at the expense of Eritrea or vise versa, that is a not a lasting peace. This is just my opinion.
present wrote:

present
Member+

Post by present » 13 Jun 2019, 21:52

Ascari info,

i already know about that, man. It does not matter who did and when. It's the truth and that is all it matters to me.

Regarding ascaris- you are one. I have always known that

info wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 15:35
Present, this is not an old map from 1844, this is a map that was recently made by an artist who lives in Sweden as a "mind experiment" to show how African could have looked like in the year 1844 if it was never colonized. So it is a map from around 2014 not from 1844. Here you have the full story: https://decolonialatlas.wordpress.com/2 ... n-1260-ah/

Btw, what is your recent beef with Eritreans? What triggered you? I think you should cool down. We have now peace with Eritrea and we should stop any hostility in my view. If we want to make peace with TPLF lead Tigray then this should never be at the expense of Eritrea or vise versa, that is a not a lasting peace. This is just my opinion.
present wrote: