Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Temt

Re: Asmara - the city of serenity

Post by Temt » 12 Jun 2019, 13:01

Selam/ wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 08:28
No question Asmara is a unique city in that it is a show case of art-deco and classical architecture. Its palm trees combined with the tropical highland breath, the building landmarks, cleanliness and serenity are remarkable. I would love to go back for a few weeks visit. I wonder though who owns all these historical buildings. Are they privately owned or just public properties?
Fed_Up wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 15:57
Many are privately owned with a strict guideline by the Government on renovating them. I remember, right after our independence, some owners of no so classical homes were painting them strange colors, which really made stick out negatively. I am not sure if that was poor taste or maybe that is the only color they could get or afford. But, I am glad the Municipality in Asmara told them to stop painting until further notice.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 12 Jun 2019, 13:50

pushkin wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 12:51
Kereneiti wedi Shire! Every Song Regarding Eritrea or Asmara doesn't represent Agames borrowed Yiakil banner.
Pushkin/ kuasmeda,

Thanks again for sharing sham's lovely song. Sham belongs to the tgre ethnic group and she hails from mensA. She has lovely voice.

Now....

Your shared the song babooray or anta baboor, hey! It was originally sang by wedi sheik in 1988.

But...where is wedi sheik? I heard, he has defected to canada some months ago. But...again but...some higdefites tell that his defection was not politically motivated rather privately while his son suffers from cancer and that's the only reason why he is in canada.

Finally...

TiEna yihabeley and thanks for sharing the tgre songs. Believe me I enjoyed them.

To conclude, I ain't any more wedi shire rather wedi wuQro.

gadaa2

Post by gadaa2 » 12 Jun 2019, 14:02

I hear only good things about asmera. Go Asmera. Beautiful people, esp,. the girls eMuha, Hello asmera

gadaa2

Post by gadaa2 » 12 Jun 2019, 14:08

By the way if possible calm it about what happened during dergu using in music which all people can enjoy. Most of us also suffered during the dergu not less than Eritrean. Just imagine what is happening now with Eritrean by the current leaders. Just it was a black time in our history and unless we forgive each other, we cannot move one.

Don't worry about the former dergu kids whose their father did harm Ethiopian and Eritrean, they will not do it again. No war again,we don't allow it.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 12 Jun 2019, 17:31

It makes sense to enforce strict historic conservation guidelines. Compare that with the dumbas$ planners and politicians in Addis who have been bulldozing the handsome Armenian/Indian heritages.
Temt wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 13:01
Selam/ wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 08:28
No question Asmara is a unique city in that it is a show case of art-deco and classical architecture. Its palm trees combined with the tropical highland breath, the building landmarks, cleanliness and serenity are remarkable. I would love to go back for a few weeks visit. I wonder though who owns all these historical buildings. Are they privately owned or just public properties?
Fed_Up wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 15:57
Many are privately owned with a strict guideline by the Government on renovating them. I remember, right after our independence, some owners of no so classical homes were painting them strange colors, which really made stick out negatively. I am not sure if that was poor taste or maybe that is the only color they could get or afford. But, I am glad the Municipality in Asmara told them to stop painting until further notice.

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jun 2019, 17:50

I would gladly listen to music, about stories of the suffering of your people too.
gadaa2 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 14:08
By the way if possible calm it about what happened during dergu using in music which all people can enjoy. Most of us also suffered during the dergu not less than Eritrean. Just imagine what is happening now with Eritrean by the current leaders. Just it was a black time in our history and unless we forgive each other, we cannot move one.

Don't worry about the former dergu kids whose their father did harm Ethiopian and Eritrean, they will not do it again. No war again,we don't allow it.