Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
fasil1235

Four Origins of the Amhara People

Post by fasil1235 » 08 Jun 2019, 05:23

๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ] ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ
Last edited by fasil1235 on 17 Jun 2019, 04:43, edited 6 times in total.

Khysion

Re: Three Origins of the Amhara People

Post by Khysion » 08 Jun 2019, 12:16

Definitely not Shewa! It used to be dominated by Muslims of Argobba, Harla and other Ethio-Semitic highland farmers and Cushitic nomads.

Shewa Sultanate ruled this area until they were disposed and colonized by Umar Walashma from Zeila, Ifat Sultanate. Ever since the Somali invasion in that province. The province population started to dwindle and they were harassed by Abyssinian raids. That's when Amhara moved into the region and settled across it.

According to most scholars. Their origins are Wollo, modern-day (Beta).

Genesis

Post by Genesis » 08 Jun 2019, 13:18

Fasil123,

Why are you try to belittle Amara? Who is the owner of Axum? even king lalibela was retreated to Amaras residing in Egypt during his fight in Ethiopia. Amara originated and created and ruled for a long time sitting in Axum. I dont understand where you are coming from? the map you put locate Amaras in few villages. at the same time you guys tell every one that Amara was an occupier blah blah. How on earth people small from small village create a feared empire for thousands of years. This my friend is an oxymoron, doesn't make sense at all. Amaras ruled the bigger ethiopia including nubia, somaliya and Yemen. do not think for a minute amaras are originated from small villages. fabricating stories wont help anyones cause. Amaras have a very good talent. they just sit and observe for a while, then once they identify the real enemy they will strike. there is no going back. since you are young you have no idea with whom you are dealing with. just wait and watch. all this will be in its proper place. I am not a prophet but I know about my people. they are sturdy. let me give you one exammple. one person in north gonder alone killed 12 trucks full of woyanie soldeirs and got 400 guns from them. (terara yanketekete tiwuld my [deleted]) that is what i am talking about. so dont fabricate stories, read real stories it is all over the world.

Abdelaziz
Member+

Post by Abdelaziz » 08 Jun 2019, 13:58

genderebis, abo zimbel ante bado-guregna jandereba gonderam midget, Fasil was being generous to put a village labeled Amara in the Kimant province you Gonderam mid'get janderebas mislabeled as Gonder. Fasil was generous to put another village in Misraq Agew/ Wello as Amara village. My friend, do not steal someone's land and history, Amhara are recently migrated Tigreans who speak the Tigrigna dialect called Amharic which was taking shape as a discernible and distinct creole no more than 400 years ago.

Do not confuse the beja Amara(r) tribe brought by Axumites as pows and settled in Gafat land.Today's begemidr( Begemidr is Gafatland) never been part of Gonder and is not related to Gonder. Gafat tribe lived Begemidr, it had nothing to do with Gonde, the Kimant land,Kimants called it Gonderoch. Amara tribe in Gofatland got its name from the Amarar beja Pows. Amarar POWs belonged to the Amarar tribe of beja. These Beja Pows settled by Axumites in Ga'fatland/'Begemidr, are now called amara, dropping the "r" of Amarar over the years. However Amhara is different from Amara/Amarar. Amharas are Tigreshewans, not related to Amara, children of Amarar, Beja tribe. Thus Amarars, or Amaras, are eternal POWs.
Last edited by Abdelaziz on 08 Jun 2019, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Genesis

Post by Genesis » 08 Jun 2019, 15:00

Abedeaziz

I can understand your argument. An inferior slave from Yemen cant have any substantial claim. Your ethinic is the lowest life form with single cell brain. you only think how to loot, no other value. sorry, to talk to you is making us beneath our dignified self. Time to cry yemeni Bantu. You think you won but it is only a matter of time before you meet you slave midjit. It takes a lot of energy for you eveen to respond to your slave name. coming soon, going to hell. kill yourself you coward, you have no idea what is in store for you. koshasha yeyemen bariya.

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 08 Jun 2019, 15:26

๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ] ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ
Last edited by fasil1235 on 17 Jun 2019, 04:42, edited 1 time in total.

AbebeB

Post by AbebeB » 08 Jun 2019, 16:08

fasil1235 wrote: โ†‘
08 Jun 2019, 15:26
Genesis wrote: โ†‘
08 Jun 2019, 13:18
Fasil123,

Why are you try to belittle Amara?

I'm not trying to belittle Amhara people I'm Amhara myself :lol: :lol:

fasil1235,
You are underestimating Amhara because you said they originate only from 3-4 areas. But their professors/ elites are claiming that they are ubiquitous like bacteria or menfes so that they can be at all places at onetime. kkkk

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 08 Jun 2019, 16:16

Amhara People predate Islam though, so You don't know what you are talking about!
Khysion wrote: โ†‘
08 Jun 2019, 12:16
Definitely not Shewa! It used to be dominated by Muslims of Argobba, Harla and other Ethio-Semitic highland farmers and Cushitic nomads.

Shewa Sultanate ruled this area until they were disposed and colonized by Umar Walashma from Zeila, Ifat Sultanate. Ever since the Somali invasion in that province. The province population started to dwindle and they were harassed by Abyssinian raids. That's when Amhara moved into the region and settled across it.

fasil1235

Re: Four Origins of the Amhara People

Post by fasil1235 » 08 Jun 2019, 16:16

Last edited by fasil1235 on 17 Jun 2019, 04:43, edited 1 time in total.

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 08 Jun 2019, 16:38

fasil1235 wrote: โ†‘
08 Jun 2019, 16:16
You chimlakas get offended by everthing weey guud you id'iots can't think that every tribe and langauge has a homeland and origin
Yes very true, Amhara people have a homeland and origin just like any other ethnic group. I guess the real thing to ask is who identifies as Amhara? Do they speak any other language besides Amharic? And what area have these people traditionally lived in for several generations spanning 3000 years?

In the Written Historical records was there an Ethnic group or kingdom that was called Amhara? I doubt that to be the case because I think Amhara is tied with Abyssinia, so someone who is Abyssinian wouldn't call themselves by the language they speak but by the Kingdom or empire they come from.

ie Americans speak English but Don't call themselves English, even though millions of Americans are of English descent. I think the Amhara are similar to a English-American status ( ie Amhara-Abyssinian).

And Tigrayans would be the other half of Abyssinia, ie Tigrinya-Abyssinians.

This problem of associating Language with Ethnic identity started with the writings of James Bruce who divided Abyssinia based on language even though Abyssinians divided along Kingdom and Chiefdoms and united as Abyssinia against Foreign Enemies.

Abdelaziz
Member+

Post by Abdelaziz » 08 Jun 2019, 16:50

The Gonderam Amarar do not belong to Gonder. It is the KImants who were settled there by Axumites. Kimants call Gonder "Gondoroch". Unlike the Amarar refugees, KImants, descendants of the Khamat Bejas settled by Axumite. Kimants do not call the land" Gonder", they call it Gondoroch. The Amarar Pows were settled by Axumites in gafatland, near debretabor, a place Axumites relabeled as Bejamidr. The Khamnt Bejas, ancestors of Kimants, were settled in Gondoroch.
Note Bejamird and Midribeja are different. Midribeja is the original home of Bejas(such as westeren Ar'tera) while Bejamidr is the place of resettlement of Bejas settlers called the Amarar, bejan POWs, who are now called Amara.
Thee KImants know their land and their history: Gondoroch belongs to them, not to the gonderam midgets, the Amarar beja settlers who sneaked in to Gonder, when they were evicted fromBejamidr in Gafatland when Giragn Mohammed defeated and evicted them from Debretabor and Gayint.

Look how the midget Gonderam Bejas, Amaras, stole the kimant Bejans off their musical culture and dance style. Seeing is believing Amarars are thieves of history and land, thankless eternal POWS, suffering serious inferiority complex towards their Tigrean captors who caught them as POWs in ancient Beja, the part of Beja now found in Sudan and Egypt, not the one in [deleted](Midribeja).
Last edited by Abdelaziz on 08 Jun 2019, 17:11, edited 3 times in total.

Misraq
Member+

Post by Misraq » 08 Jun 2019, 16:58

Abdelaziz wrote: โ†‘
08 Jun 2019, 13:58
genderebis, abo zimbel ante bado-guregna jandereba gonderam midget, Fasil was being generous to put a village labeled Amara in the Kimant province you Gonderam mid'get janderebas mislabeled as Gonder. Fasil was generous to put another village in Misraq Agew/ Wello as Amara village. My friend, do not steal someone's land and history, Amhara are recently migrated Tigreans who speak the Tigrigna dialect called Amharic which was taking shape as a discernible and distinct creole no more than 400 years ago.

Do not confuse the beja Amara(r) tribe brought by Axumites as pows and settled in Gafat land.Today's begemidr( Begemidr is Gafatland) never been part of Gonder and is not related to Gonder. Gafat tribe lived Begemidr, it had nothing to do with Gonde, the Kimant land,Kimants called it Gonderoch. Amara tribe in Gofatland got its name from the Amarar beja Pows. Amarar POWs belonged to the Amarar tribe of beja. These Beja Pows settled by Axumites in Ga'fatland/'Begemidr, are now called amara, dropping the "r" of Amarar over the years. However Amhara is different from Amara/Amarar. Amharas are Tigreshewans, not related to Amara, children of Amarar, Beja tribe. Thus Amarars, or Amaras, are eternal POWs.
Babe ๐Ÿ’‹

I have to say this at the cost of losing แ‰‚แŠ•แŒฅแˆญแข we have amharic texts, songs and poems that dates back to 700 years while tigrigna only dates back to 90 years kkkk

Jimmy

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 08 Jun 2019, 17:00

Abdelaziz
Member+

Post by Abdelaziz » 08 Jun 2019, 17:23

Mesraq Betraq the Adefam GonderamGuragay diqala old bi'tch, how is is your fistulated stinky poozpouch after you ravaged it with Megadil'dos while imagining my anaconda ripping it apart? Dirty qomaxamharubi'tch, you are too uneducated, born-liar aka Amharu and a terrible she'rmuta to know anything about the history of Tigrigna. FYI: Tigrigna writing from GundaGundo, Yaha and Midribahri dating 13th century is the oldest non-geez writing found in East Africa. Amharu creole is recent. Geez not Amharic served as language of the ruling court until recently. Amharic, the creole created by Tigreshewans, was declared official language in the middle of 20th century. Now open your Adefam QomaxaAmharu poozy and simply imagine it being penetrated, squeezed edge-to-edge, by my turgid anaconda slowly ripping it apart 8) :evil: 8) .

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 08 Jun 2019, 21:13

Last edited by fasil1235 on 17 Jun 2019, 04:42, edited 1 time in total.

Abe Abraham
Member+

Post by Abe Abraham » 08 Jun 2019, 21:48

Misraq wrote: โ†‘
08 Jun 2019, 16:58
Abdelaziz wrote: โ†‘
08 Jun 2019, 13:58

Babe ๐Ÿ’‹

I have to say this at the cost of losing แ‰‚แŠ•แŒฅแˆญแข we have amharic texts, songs and poems that dates back to 700 years while tigrigna only dates back to 90 years kkkk

Jimmy
The Amharas are originally a mixed race people whose origin lies in Eritrea. Tigrigna is the mother of Amharic. Amhara is derived from Amhare ( to let free ).

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 09 Jun 2019, 01:37

Ge'ez is the beginning of Amharic language Amhara has no relations to desert midget ferocious fe'sam Eritreans we Amhara come from Axum, Tigrays come from Yemen. Tigray means slave Amhara means free.

โ€ฃโ€ขAxumites naturally migrated to the Amhara provinces because they needed sufficient and bigger farmlands that were fertile.
โ€ฃโ€ขThroughout the rise of Islam, various non-muslim Yemeni people fled into modern-day Eritrea and Tigray region of Ethiopia.
โ€ฃโ€ขWhile these mean and hard Yemeni people came we Amharas (Axumites) sent these dishonourable Yemenites into Teff Plantations toward waterproof Tigrean farms
โ€ฃโ€ข Migration after migration caused Axumites to be outnumbered in northern Ethiopia and Eritrea by the many dishonourable foul and hard blooded Yemeni's
โ€ฃโ€ข Many Axumites by that time already lived in Amhara Provinces they enjoyed the rainy and lush fields of Amara.

What makes you think that the intelligent fourth most powerful empire Great Axum want to stay in bare hard waterproof lands of Tigrais? Don't you know the Axumites incorporated the unpopulated Amara regions into their Relm? Only dishonourable chimlakas think Axumites couldn't see the beauty of Amhara???

Axumite Amara

Amhara's Beauty

Last edited by fasil1235 on 09 Jun 2019, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

Abe Abraham
Member+

Post by Abe Abraham » 09 Jun 2019, 01:46

Halafi Mengedi,

The Amhara people have Syrian elements . That has been proven scientifically. Only the stupid argue about that . The Syrians came to our region not from Kenya or Sudan but through what is today Eritrea. That is where the Amhara-Eritrea connection begins. The same thing applies to Christianity.

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 09 Jun 2019, 02:00

Za Dengel

Post by Za Dengel » 09 Jun 2019, 14:37

Khysion wrote: โ†‘
08 Jun 2019, 12:16

I think Amara originated in Shewa. Their is tradition and linguistic proof for that. The origin of Amara is closely related to the origin of their closest sister the Argobba. And stop portraying Ifat as Somali when it largely wasnโ€™t. :lol:

And Shewa sultanate wasnโ€™t located in Shewa or at least largely. Quote from Tadesse Tamrat book,
โ€ข โ€œ- The specific meaning od Shewa as applied to this Muslim principality is very uncertain. In Christian documents the name applied to the whole plateau south of the Wenchit-Addabay gorge and extending as far south as the Awash river. There is nothing tangible to show that the Muslim "Sultanate of Shewa" ever included any of the districts in the highland area west of the edge of the plateau. All the identifiable place names in Prof. Cerulli's document were still Muslim in 'Amde-SIyon's reign, Ibido, pp. 25-32. And in that period they clearly referred to the hot lowland areas east of the Shewan plateau where the "Sultnateof Shewa" must also be sought. For Al-'Umari "Shawa" was one of the "mother cities" of Ifat together with BIqulzar, Sime, and Adal, op.c.it.., pp. 8-9.. By the time he wrote (I342-9) it cannot have referred to the Shewan plateau which was securely in the hands of 'Amde-Siyon and Seyfe-Aratd. Among the different contingents that joined Gragn at Biqulzar his chronicler mentions a group recruited from a Muslim tribe called Shoa together with those of Hargafa, and GIdayah" Futuh al Habasha, tr. Basset, p. 173. In the Ethiopian chronicles Hargaye and Gidayah are mentioned in reference to Muslim districts east of Awash and Dewaro, cf. Perruchon, J., Histoire des guerres d'Amde-Siton, pp. 283, 318, 321 Les Chronigues de Zaria Ya'eqo, cit., p.166. Guidi,I., "Le canzoni geโ€™ez Amarigna", cit., p. 63, X. Probably the Muslim tribe of Showa also referred to the same region. More interesting still, a district of Scioa is mentioned among the other Adali districts of Sim, Nafab, Gidaya and Dakar in a document about the sixteenth century, Cerulli, E. "Documenti arabi", cit., p. 57, and n.6.โ€