Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Somaliman

Re: What is the difference between Galla and Oromo!

Post by Somaliman » 09 Jun 2019, 20:06

Sadacha Macca wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 16:29
You can call us Galla, but do not cry if you get punched in the eye, or catch a swift kick to your ribs by a fierce Oromo warrior if you do so.
I remember the last time a habesha dude called an oromo friend of mines a ''galla,'' in my city, my oromo brother kicked his azzzzz up and down, and we all laughed about it, and we still do.

So yes, you are free to say as you wish: but you are not free from the consequences.

Sincerely,
Abba Sadacha-the fearless son of the Oromo nation.

I was talking in general.

However, be assured the last people I would call would be Ethiopians. We Somalis from Somalia respond to your greetings when we come across each other in the streets by courtesy, but that's it.

Rtt

Post by Rtt » 18 Jun 2019, 16:06

Za Dengel wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 12:54
Khysion wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 12:23
Za Dengel wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 10:03
Ifat and Adal territories might included some part of Somali area but their proper areas weren’t at least for Ifat. Also their founders weren't.
Let's not argue about this again. I've given you Ethiopian chronicles. We have long long oral traditions and medieval foreign sources to prove this is our history.

Umar Walashma the first Sultan of Ifat Sultanate was from Zeila. He took over the small Adal Kingdom centred in northern Somalia and started a new dynasty and conquered the Shewa Sultanate and turned it into a vessel state. Ifat Sultanate was indeed a multi-cultural empire but the population of the leading principality of Ifat Sultanate were no doubt the Somalis who were headquartered in Zeila.

Umar Walashma stated his grandfather was Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn also known as Aw Barkhaadle. Yes, the guy he claimed to be a descendant from was a well known and famous Somali scholar.

The Walashma Dynasty was a Somali dynasty that ruled both Ifat & Adal Sultanates. The dynasty claimed the origins of Sheikh Yusuf al-kowneyn (Aw Barkhaadle). A famous Somali scholar from Zeila. These two famous scholars you're seeing were famous for founding the Walashma Dynasty and Bale Sultanate.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Wah ... ty&f=false

You're conflating Somalis and Argobba history. Let me make you understand better. Argobba were rulers of Shewa Sultanate centred in central Ethiopia. They got conquered and ruled by northern Somalis who were expanding Ifat powers into central Ethiopia.

What you're really forgetting is Zeila was the metropolis, commercial and cultural hub for Ifat Sultanate. It was the capital of the entire kingdom.

When you look at powerful empires. Their capitals would be at the center of their people. Making someplace far away the capital inhabited by different people would be a threat because you would lose power. According to all medieval scholars that visited Zeila like Ibn Battuta, Ibn Sa'id and Ibn Khaldun confirmed it was predominantly inhabited by Somalis and claimed it the capital for their regional kingdom.
al-Umari and Maqrizi, a 14th and 15th century historian respectively, said Ifat spoke Abyssinian. The latter means an EthioSemitic language. Argobba and Amara were the native inhabitants with Argobba being the main one. Somali were just mercenaries used by them just like galla were used by Christian Ethiopia. Zeila was Somali but Ifat just conquered it. Proper Ifat was in northeastern Shewa and southern Afar.

And Shewa sultanate wasn’t located in Shewa but Haraghe. Some part of it might had included lowland Shewa but the proper area was in Haraghe. The founder might be Argobba or Harla.

I’m not being harsh but Somali weren’t civilized like you portraying them to be. :lol: Gragn wasn’t Somali. Somali were citizen of Adal but Adal elites were mostly non-Somali. If they were then why did Arab Fiq sometimes potrayed Somali in a negative light? :lol:
The term Ethio Semetic was invanted by white people's recently. Don't be so quick to claim ifat as yours. I wouldn't really on an Arab for lingustical analysis cause they didn't knew anything.

Rtt

Post by Rtt » 29 Jun 2019, 03:05

Khysion wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 12:23
Za Dengel wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 10:03
Ifat and Adal territories might included some part of Somali area but their proper areas weren’t at least for Ifat. Also their founders weren't.
Let's not argue about this again. I've given you Ethiopian chronicles. We have long long oral traditions and medieval foreign sources to prove this is our history.

Umar Walashma the first Sultan of Ifat Sultanate was from Zeila. He took over the small Adal Kingdom centred in northern Somalia and started a new dynasty and conquered the Shewa Sultanate and turned it into a vessel state. Ifat Sultanate was indeed a multi-cultural empire but the population of the leading principality of Ifat Sultanate were no doubt the Somalis who were headquartered in Zeila.

Umar Walashma stated his grandfather was Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn also known as Aw Barkhaadle. Yes, the guy he claimed to be a descendant from was a well known and famous Somali scholar.

The Walashma Dynasty was a Somali dynasty that ruled both Ifat & Adal Sultanates. The dynasty claimed the origins of Sheikh Yusuf al-kowneyn (Aw Barkhaadle). A famous Somali scholar from Zeila. These two famous scholars you're seeing were famous for founding the Walashma Dynasty and Bale Sultanate.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Wah ... ty&f=false

You're conflating Somalis and Argobba history. Let me make you understand better. Argobba were rulers of Shewa Sultanate centred in central Ethiopia. They got conquered and ruled by northern Somalis who were expanding Ifat powers into central Ethiopia.

What you're really forgetting is Zeila was the metropolis, commercial and cultural hub for Ifat Sultanate. It was the capital of the entire kingdom.

When you look at powerful empires. Their capitals would be at the center of their people. Making someplace far away the capital inhabited by different people would be a threat because you would lose power. According to all medieval scholars that visited Zeila like Ibn Battuta, Ibn Sa'id and Ibn Khaldun confirmed it was predominantly inhabited by Somalis and claimed it the capital for their regional kingdom.

:lol: :lol: Didn't you said that Sultanate of Ifat was an Argoba kingdom just before you made this comment? Your contradicting yourself :mrgreen:. If ifat was an Argoba kingdom, just like you said before, that means the walashama are also argoba, if they founded other kingdoms like adal. They can't be Argoba and Somali at the same time.

You somali people are creating fake fairytales just like the Habeshas to fell superior. Since when did bali kingdom was somali. Bali kingdom was built by sidamic people like sidama and hadiya groups and not by nomadic somali like yourself. You people like to claim everything as yours. I even saw some of your cousins claiming Dawro and other extinct kingdoms as theirs.

somali-prince

Post by somali-prince » 29 Jun 2019, 05:08

Sadacha

Hea asking you what is ILMA oromo and yet pretends to be somali. We sre upto day called ILMA somali which literally has the same meaningbasin oromo. Glad that yiu can smell fakers from miles away.

On the issue of galla according to numerous books i have read, was coined by somalis which simply meant the 'pagans'.it is derogatory and should not be used at all. Oromos and Somalis are two sides of the same coin. We are related culturally libguistically but polar opposite on politics. That doesnt mean that we forget our kinship though.

Hawdian

Post by Hawdian » 29 Jun 2019, 10:19

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 13:05
Somaliman wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 15:45
Be assured you're closer to Tigrayans more than I could be as you're a chameleon Afar bitc.h switching identity by convenience! You can fool the newcomers on this forum but not me!
"Gaal/Gaalla/Gaallo" which means infidel, merciless, barbaric, thief etc
In Somali, 'Gaal' does only mean non-Muslim Period! It doesn't have any of those connotations that you're proudly but ignorantly listing out! Therefore stop talking about what you haven't got a clue about, and most of all your baseless extrapolation.

In addition, there's only 'gaal', and 'gaalo', which is the plural of 'gaal', in Somali, thus there's nothing called "Gaalla/Gaallo" in Somali. Again, keep such bullshit with yourself. Those words don't even exist in Somali, which apparently you don't seem to speak well - needless to add that you're only laying yourself open to ridicule!

There's no tangible evidence whatsoever that suggests the word "Gaal" meant anything else other than 'camel' in Somali prior to the appearance of the white colonialism in the continent. And to date, 'Gaal' is only referred to western whites and without any pejorative connotation. If we had to call someone 'Gaal/Gaalo', I believe Amharas would have been the best candidates, since for most Somalis Ethiopia used to be synonymous with Amhara prior to Ogaden War.

Someone with your IQ should have a low voice too! Just a thought!

I lived in Djibouti for well over 20 years and I read, write and speak Somali fluently, Gaal/Gaalla/Gaallo means infidel, merciless, barbaric, thief (Someone like you) and Geel mean Camel.

Go to images.google.com and type Somali Geel.
Be assured you're closer to Tigrayans more than I could be as you're a chameleon Afar.
You are such a douchebag..

Afar's are more closely related to Somalis than to your Tigrayans people and linguistically, Somalis, Afar and Eritrean Saho share like 95 percent of their vocabulary, You and Halafi Mengedi are by far the dumbest Tigrayan seniors in this forum.

I love you baby girl :lol: :lol:

You know more Somali than our brother.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 29 Jun 2019, 14:24

You know more Somali than our brother.

How does this chameleon Afar bit.ch know "more Somali" than me! Or did you fall in love with her and you've got to say anything that you deem helpful to reconcile with her! Or are you trying to discredit my Somali simply because I've contradicted and rejected the fabricated assertion that it was Somalis who have coined "Gaalla" to describe Oromos people! Whichever one has motivated you, just be careful about what you're saying! Just a thought!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 29 Jun 2019, 15:27

somali-prince wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 05:08
Sadacha

Hea asking you what is ILMA oromo and yet pretends to be somali. We sre upto day called ILMA somali which literally has the same meaningbasin oromo. Glad that yiu can smell fakers from miles away.

On the issue of galla according to numerous books i have read, was coined by somalis which simply meant the 'pagans'.it is derogatory and should not be used at all. Oromos and Somalis are two sides of the same coin. We are related culturally libguistically but polar opposite on politics. That doesnt mean that we forget our kinship though.

You little idiot calling yourself Somali prince,

Why better not call yourself 'a king', because if you call yourself 'a prince', you need to have a king around, or a queen!

If you have to believe whatever you read in books, then you need to read more books to learn that you should not believe whatever you read in books, I'm afraid!

We are related neither culturally nor linguistically. It doesn't mean that Somali and Oromo languages are related to each other, simply because they both belong to the Afro-asiatique language family. Two or more languages can be said to be related to each other when they share more the 50% of vocabulary - and as far as I know, we do not even have 1% of vocabulary in common. In addition, we do not have any particular kinship with Oromo people, other than as fellow Africans, and there's no coin between us, let alone being one on each side. Therefore, keep the crap in your arse and don't bring it over here as it smells deadly.

P.S. I've asked about ILMA OROMO, because I've sensed a similarity in Somali and wanted to check it out. But, again, it doesn't mean that languages have common words or phrases that they're systematically related to each other.

And don't forget to read more books before you dare to bring your mouth up here again. Just a thought!

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 29 Jun 2019, 15:43

Somaliman wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 15:27
somali-prince wrote:
Sadacha

Why better not call yourself 'a king', because if you call yourself 'a prince', you need to have a king around, or a queen!

If you have believe whatever you read in books, then you need to read more books to learn that you should not believe whatever you read in books, I'm afraid!

We are related neither culturally nor linguistically. It doesn't mean that Somali and Oromo languages are related to each other, simply because they both belong to the Afro-asiatique language family. Two or more languages can be said to be related to each other when they share more the 50% of vocabulary - and as far as I know, we do not even have 1% of vocabulary in common. In addition, we do not have any particular kinship with Oromo people, other than as fellow Africans, and there's no coin between us, let alone being one on each side. Therefore, keep the crap in your arse and don't bring it over here as it smells deadly.

P.S. I've asked about ILMA OROMO, because I've sensed a similarity in Somali and wanted to check it out. But, again, it doesn't mean that languages have common words or phrases that they're systematically related to each other.

And don't forget to read more books before you dare to bring your mouth up here again. Just a thought!
Tigrayan-Man,

1) Where's your proof that two languages have to have at least 50% of the same vocabulary to be considered ''related''?
PROVE IT, DO NOT EXPECT US TO JUST TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT.

2) You contradicted yourself. You said just because the oromo and somali language are of the same family tree, it doesn't mean that they are related at all. How can two languages who are apart of the same family tree, NOT be related, even distantly? There's a reason why they were grouped together, in the first place, by those who have knowledge of linguistics, my grasshopper baking friend!!

And what books did you read to come to your conclusions sir? can you name them here?

and I'll leave a few quotes here to smash your silly argument/points:

''The languages of the Somali and the Oromo are quite distinct, and mutually unintelligible, but possess so many fundamental characteristics in common, that there is ample evidence of their close relationship, even if it cannot be proved that modern Somali is actually derived from Oromo.
There has always been considerable trade between the inhabitants of Aden and Southern Arabia and those of the Somali coast, and the Semitic element in Somali is sufficient proof of the local tradition that the present Somali race had its origin in a Mohammedan colonization from Southern Arabia.

If we compare the vocabularies of the three languages: Arabic, Oromo and Somali, we find many words having a root common to all three, such as the Somali words: Aba (father), Wil (boy), Faras (horse).
The majority of words common to Arabic and Somali are found to be technical or legal terms, or names of utensils or articles of commerce not native to the country. These are obviously borrowed direct from the Arabic and have no bearing on the relationship of the languages. But in a few Somali verbs the Arabic root can be recognized, such as Ghad (take), carry; akhri (read), Ibi (sell), buy; Gajo (be hungry).

On the other hand a large number of words in ordinary use are common to Oromo and Somali, but are not of Arabic origin. These have simple and elementary meanings, and include many verbs.
The Somali numerals are common to Oromo, except: 1, 6, 10, and a 100, and are all quite different from the Arabic.''

[A Grammar of the Somali Language: With Examples in Prose and Verse and an Account of the Yibir and Midgan Dialects
Book by John William Carnegie Kirk, pages 5-8]

''Of all the Oromo races-the Somalis are those who have been most touched by foreign influences and mingled with foreign elements. Agreeably to their situation they have been thrown into close intercourse with Arabs, have connected themselves very nearly with Islam, and have on the coast devoted themselves to trade and navigation after the Arab model.
Great part of them belong to a pronounced form of coast people, but most Somalis are yet herdsmen, departing little from the Oromo type. They may have once been further from it than they are now, when they held a more independent position in the interior, especially in the Harar district, now inhabited by Oromos. At that time a higher civilization flourished in the land; ruined buildings speak of a larger population and more prosperous tillage of the soil, with artificial irrigation. Driven back to the east-ward as the Somalis were by the Oromos, there still remain groups of them who, just like the Masai, undertake raids for cattle and ivory in the Oromo and Masai countries.''

[The History of Mankind, Volume 2
By Friedrich Ratzel, page 498-499

https://www.facebook.com/lammitoo/posts ... 9218915130

Hawdian

Post by Hawdian » 29 Jun 2019, 18:25

Somali and Galla vocabulary is very minimal. You can count with two hands the number of common words. Somali has more words in common with Saho and Afar than Galla for example.

I explained this awhile back.
Hawdian wrote:
31 Dec 2014, 07:48

The Somali people named the Oromo Gaallo, which in turn the Western world and Abyssinia adopted in their own ways. These two often begun spelling it different but the most popular is the Westernized "Galla".

The word has its origins in the Somali language. In the olden days for a Somali, you were either a Muslim, Amxaaro (Christians) or Gaal in our region. The reason the name Gaallo became synonymous with Oromo is simply because the Oromo tried to invade the Somalis countless times. So they became a great enemy, which in large was not a Muslim like the Somali. So the name Gaallo was used on them.

The word Gaallo means infidels or non-believers. For a singular the correct way is Gaal while Gaallo is plural.
The Ajuraan kingdom would face one more major external threat before its decline from the Oromo kingdom located in modern-day Southern Ethiopia, which also sought to expanded and control Ajuraan economic power in the mid-17th Century.

However, the Oromo kingdom was unsuccessful in its efforts and following the ‘Gaal Madow wars’ which were conducted by the Ajuraan, left the Oromo kingdom all but defeated and quickly dissolved. Following the Gaal Madow wars in the mid-17th Century, the Ajuraan kingdom began to decline in power, bringing with it the establishment of the Gobroon Dynasty (18th-19th Century); led by a former military officer of the Ajuraan kingdom which controlled some areas that previously belonged to the Gareen Dynasty in East Africa (Southern Somalia & East Kenya).
Gaal madow means "black infidel". The reason for this is in the past Somalis always clashed with Western nations such as the Portuguese. Though they were Christians, they were regarded as non-believers since they were not Muslims. All of a sudden here is another non-Muslim neighbor (Oromo) waging war on the Muslim Somalis------hence Gaal Madow.

There are confused kids who claim to be Somali that need education 101 on Somali. See below for an example.
Aliyareh1 wrote:Dear masud

Somalis are not enemy of Oromo.Hawdian is a danger person ,he is not Somali.You will never find a single Somali using Galla for Oromo.All his writings are to instigate hate between the two brothers people.Most of Somalis never heard Galla.
The town starting or finishing by gal,have meanings related to camels not to the word Galla.

For example GAlCayo means the place where the camels left.
In the south and east of Somali country
Camels are called gaal

In the Nord west and west of Somali country
Camels are geel
So hadian is a lyre.

Now see the picture below from Google translator. Google still not perfect but you have the idea.

The kid above doesn't know the difference between Gaal and Geel. Not even close.

The world Gaallo/Gaal is not used as a derogatory as Abyssinians do. For Somalis simply they were not Muslims and nothing offensive. They had to fight them to stop them expanding into Somali territory but ultimately the Somalis defeated the Oromo and either converted them, assimilated them into Somali society or chased them north. Fleeing Oromos would later clash with Abyssinia.

The Somalis who call camels Gaal are a minority and often hybrid or assimilated with Gaalla origins. The Borana and their Garre cousins for example call camels Gaal. The proper Somali calls camels GEEL and why would a Somali name his favourite animal to his enemy?

Geel (singular), Geela (plural)

Video title: Watch the beauty of the region and the camels in a land of lush (prosperity)

Somali poetry and the role camels play

https://i.postimg.cc/MKfQsbT5/Screensho ... 085105.jpg

Gaal (singular), Gaallo (plural) also Gaallada is used as plural term. The difference between Gaallo and Gaallada is one is Infidels and the is The Infidels.

The video title is: How does Islam treat The Infidels?

Ras Hawdian-----Just educating the region.
Last edited by Hawdian on 29 Jun 2019, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 29 Jun 2019, 18:47

^^ Agame boy:

None of that proved that somali is closer to saho/afar, nor did any of it prove that you can count on two hands the words the two languages have in common.
All you did was randomly rant as usual, this time, providing your layman's ''opinion'' on the origin of the term galla (as if any of us actually are, when what really matters is the politics/power dynamics of TODAY).

Hawdian

Post by Hawdian » 29 Jun 2019, 18:55

Waaqist Gaalla

We have nothing in common. Stop begging us.

We understand you looking for someone to help you with Amhara and Tigrais but no thanks.

Your Lemma brother slaughtered their Generals in a cold blooded act, fight your war.

Somalis don't trust Galla. There's reason why we named you that.

Quoting the diary of a clueless passing by white infidel, who probably spent a week in the region, doesn't make it a biblical fact. Papers from whites mean the world to a Galla but not me. I use their diaries to wipe my [deleted] after looting coffee from Gallas :mrgreen:

I am a Somali. I know my language, history and enemies of my fathers.

Begging won't make you any more special than the Christian Amhara sitting in Wollo, Shoa, and Gondar minding his business.
Last edited by Hawdian on 29 Jun 2019, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 29 Jun 2019, 19:04

Sadacha Macca wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 15:43
Somaliman wrote:
somali-prince wrote:
Sadacha

If you have believe whatever you read in books, then you need to read more books to learn that you should not believe whatever you read in books, I'm afraid!

Tigrayan-Man,

1) Where's your proof that two languages have to have at least 50% of the same vocabulary to be considered ''related''?

2) You contradicted yourself. You said just because the oromo and somali language are of the same family tree, it doesn't mean that they are related at all. How can two languages who are apart of the same family tree, NOT be related, even distantly? There's a reason why they were grouped together, in the first place, by those who have knowledge of linguistics, my grasshopper baking friend!!

And what books did you read to come to your conclusions sir? can you name them here?

''The languages of the Somali and the Oromo are quite distinct, and mutually unintelligible, but possess so many fundamental characteristics in common, that there is ample evidence of their close relationship, even if it cannot be proved that modern Somali is actually derived from Oromo.
There has always been considerable trade between the inhabitants of Aden and Southern Arabia and those of the Somali coast, and the Semitic element in Somali is sufficient proof of the local tradition that the present Somali race had its origin in a Mohammedan colonization from Southern Arabia.

If we compare the vocabularies of the three languages: Arabic, Oromo and Somali, we find many words having a root common to all three, such as the Somali words: Aba (father), Wil (boy), Faras (horse).
The majority of words common to Arabic and Somali are found to be technical or legal terms, or names of utensils or articles of commerce not native to the country. These are obviously borrowed direct from the Arabic and have no bearing on the relationship of the languages. But in a few Somali verbs the Arabic root can be recognized, such as Ghad (take), carry; akhri (read), Ibi (sell), buy; Gajo (be hungry).

On the other hand a large number of words in ordinary use are common to Oromo and Somali, but are not of Arabic origin. These have simple and elementary meanings, and include many verbs.
The Somali numerals are common to Oromo, except: 1, 6, 10, and a 100, and are all quite different from the Arabic.''

[A Grammar of the Somali Language: With Examples in Prose and Verse and an Account of the Yibir and Midgan Dialects

''Of all the Oromo races-the Somalis are those who have been most touched by foreign influences and mingled with foreign elements. Agreeably to their situation they have been thrown into close intercourse with Arabs, have connected themselves very nearly with Islam, and have on the coast devoted themselves to trade and navigation after the Arab model.
Great part of them belong to a pronounced form of coast people, but most Somalis are yet herdsmen, departing little from the Oromo type. They may have once been further from it than they are now, when they held a more independent position in the interior, especially in the Harar district, now inhabited by Oromos. At that time a higher civilization flourished in the land; ruined buildings speak of a larger population and more prosperous tillage of the soil, with artificial irrigation. Driven back to the east-ward as the Somalis were by the Oromos, there still remain groups of them who, just like the Masai, undertake raids for cattle and ivory in the Oromo and Masai countries.''

I don't know how many times I've to repeat this:

I'm not saying Oromo and Somali languages do not have common words, phrases, or certain grammatical aspects. But that doesn't mean they're related to each other. For instance, Russian, Bengali, Latin, Persian, and German belong all of them to the same Indo-European languages, yet they're distinct to each other, even though Russian has more words in common with Latin than Somali and Oromo have in common. The type of relationship you're describing can be spotted in almost all languages around the world. For example, all languages spoken in Europe have a few common words, phrases, and grammatical features, except the Basque, Greek, and Finnish. But, again, that doesn't mean their languages (and people) are all related to each other from linguistics point of view. Imagine Bengali people claiming to be related to Russians, or Punjabi to Germans simply because all their languages belong to the same Indo-European languages!

We don't mind that Oromo people claim that Somalis and Oromos are related. But what we're very careful about is that such claim doesn't pave the way gradually for Oromos ending up either calling themselves Somali, or calling us Oromo, or claiming that we're both one people - and that day would be the beginning of the end of the Somali ethnic. Waddo halaq mareen!

P.S. Don't expect me to believe whatever those European explorers and Eurocentric historians, who in the past claimed that there was no such thing as African history and that the history of Africa began with the history of the Europeans in Africa, have written about Africa and its people.

Hawdian

Post by Hawdian » 29 Jun 2019, 19:07

Well said Somaliman. This guy is not sincere like all Galla. They can fool an Amhara with their fakeness and switching between identities and faiths but not a Somali. We know them far too well.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 29 Jun 2019, 19:45

Hawdian wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 19:07
Well said Somaliman. This guy is not sincere like all Galla. They can fool an Amhara with their fakeness and switching between identities and faiths but not a Somali. We know them far too well.

They've already started and you can see on YouTube a few Oromo either claiming that they're Somali, or we Somalis are all Oromo. They're also playing religious cards to assimilate Somalis, and you know how Somalis are extremely hospitable to Muslims in particular. They pretend to be your brother, but the day when they feel well rooted, all you would get from them is telling you, "ku soo fariiso".

Hawdian

Post by Hawdian » 29 Jun 2019, 19:58

Very well said Somaliman. We know Galla and their DNA. They can pretend to be angels, human and civil to Amhara but such fakeness doesn't work with us, we see through them.

Galla are quick to play the Muslim/religion card but have you ever seen Galla dig deep into his pockets and even donate $36 to an Islamic cause? There are cities in the Diaspora where Galla are majority yet you will never find them build a mosque. They can't even build them in the Madagascar project known as Oromia let alone foreign lands.

It only takes 10 Somalis to put something together and we see Galla come to us once a week.

Galla cannot part with his $1 and see that for a noble cause. That's unIslamic and that's why I don't buy their game.

Even Amhara will never see Galla donate to a church nor build one. Galla wants house, beer and his injera then go out to beg in the religious card.

Even mosques in Oromia are built by charities, foreign donors, Somalis and Amhara Muslims.

Don't believe them. Ever seen Galla take part in Islamic causes? Sadacha says there's 20 million of them, name just one and what is his cause? Please don't name some Galla mixing Waaq, Islam and Christianity somewhere in the bushes.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 29 Jun 2019, 20:09

Let him keep calling us Tigrayans, we don't mind as we know who we are. But he has to make sure he digests what we're saying.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 29 Jun 2019, 20:10

Hawdian wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 18:55
Waaqist Gaalla

We understand you looking for someone to help you with Amhara and Tigrais but no thanks.

Your Lemma brother slaughtered their Generals in a cold blooded act, fight your war.

Quoting the diary of a clueless passing by white infidel, who probably spent a week in the region, doesn't make it a biblical fact. Papers from whites mean the world to a Galla but not me. I use their diaries to wipe my [deleted] after looting coffee from Gallas :mrgreen:

Begging won't make you any more special than the Christian Amhara sitting in Wollo, Shoa, and Gondar minding his business.
Agame Atheist,

I know you are mad because you didn't prove any of the points you made; yet expect us to take your word at face value, as if you were some scholar or linguistics expert. LOL! You dismiss any and all proof that does not support your outlandish and unsubtantiated claims, yet expect us to blindly believe everything you say, despite obviously seeing you are too blinded by hatred to ever be non-biased/and or, impartial.
I know I have in common with an agame atheist; no need to state the obvious.

Only an agame would beg the Amaras indirectly for help fighting Oromos, you keep exposing yourself.
A so called Somali would not care who allied with who in Ethiopia; that's a fact, jack.

1 Agame cannot claim to speak on behalf of millions of Somalis. Even 1 Somali, cannot claim to speak on behalf of a nation of millions.

Stating you're somali, on an internet forum so that none of us can truly verify you claims; means nothing.
You can be an european or even an asian, for all we know; and none of us would ever truly know.
Anyone can claim to be something on the internet.

Hawdian

Post by Hawdian » 29 Jun 2019, 20:18

Galla beggar

No body is begging Amhara but I respect them because they keep true to themselves and don't change names, religion and DNA like Galla.

Are you Mohammad or Mikael? Who we talking to today?

Besides Amhara leaves no stone unturned to spend his last dollar on his Church against all odds.

We, Somalis, are the same.

Then there's the Galla between the two of us.

No point carrying this conversation with you anymore. I have said my stance. Not a fan of Gallas.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 29 Jun 2019, 20:20

Sadacha Macca wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 20:10
Hawdian wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 18:55
Waaqist Gaalla

Agame Atheist,

I know you are mad because you didn't prove any of the points you made; yet expect us to take your word at face value, as if you were some scholar or linguistics expert. LOL! You dismiss any and all proof that does not support your outlandish and unsubtantiated claims, yet expect us to blindly believe everything you say, despite obviously seeing you are too blinded by hatred to ever be non-biased/and or, impartial.
I know I have in common with an agame atheist; no need to state the obvious.

Only an agame would beg the Amaras indirectly for help fighting Oromos, you keep exposing yourself.
A so called Somali would not care who allied with who in Ethiopia; that's a fact, jack.

1 Agame cannot claim to speak on behalf of millions of Somalis. Even 1 Somali, cannot claim to speak on behalf of a nation of millions.

Stating you're somali, on an internet forum so that none of us can truly verify you claims; means nothing.
You can be an european or even an asian, for all we know; and none of us would ever truly know.
Anyone can claim to be something on the internet.

You can be an european or even an asian
Why not Martian!

What you forget is that Hawdian is also from Ethiopia!

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 29 Jun 2019, 20:22

Somaliman wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 19:04
Sadacha Macca wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 15:43
Somaliman wrote:
somali-prince wrote:
Sadacha

Tigrayan-Man,

I don't know how many times I've to repeat this:

I'm not saying Oromo and Somali languages do not have common words, phrases, or certain grammatical aspects. But that doesn't mean they're related to each other. For instance, Russian, Bengali, Latin, Persian, and German belong all of them to the same Indo-European languages, yet they're distinct to each other, even though Russian has more words in common with Latin than Somali and Oromo have in common. The type of relationship you're describing can be spotted in almost all languages around the world. For example, all languages spoken in Europe have a few common words, phrases, and grammatical features, except the Basque, Greek, and Finnish. But, again, that doesn't mean their languages (and people) are all related to each other from linguistics point of view. Imagine Bengali people claiming to be related to Russians, or Punjabi to Germans simply because all their languages belong to the same Indo-European languages!

We don't mind that Oromo people claim that Somalis and Oromos are related. But what we're very careful about is that such claim doesn't pave the way gradually for Oromos ending up either calling themselves Somali, or calling us Oromo, or claiming that we're both one people - and that day would be the beginning of the end of the Somali ethnic. Waddo halaq mareen!

P.S. Don't expect me to believe whatever those European explorers and Eurocentric historians, who in the past claimed that there was no such thing as African history and that the history of Africa began with the history of the Europeans in Africa, have written about Africa and its people.
Let me ask you this tigrayan man: do you even re-read or put ANY semblance of thought into what you post?
How can two languages share vocabulary, but not be related AT ALL? That is what you are saying now-that these two languages are NOT RELATED at all, but somehow, share some vocabulary. You are denying ANY RELATION between these two languages, while i am acknowledging a small but considerable relation between them.
How on earth does that/your false claims make sense?
Re-read what I posted, the people who did the research said they were distinct languages, yes, but that they shared a sufficient amount of vocabulary to classify them as being RELATED LANGUAGES.

A secure person, in his identity, whether somali or not: should feel threatened by their neighbors saying they are related, or even going as far as saying they share a common ancestry: the only way to completely erase an identity is to commit ethnocide (research this term) and that would never occur. You are failing to make a coherent point kind sir, I'd suggest quitting while you're BEHIND.

P.S. those ''europeans'' took the time to learn words from 3-4 languages (oromo, afar, somali, etc) and then did comparisons, so if they provide proof such as that, to substantiate their claims, which is the mathematics equivalent of providing proof for your work....its safe to say their claims in this regard hold more weight than the opinions of two tigrayan internet trolls who have yet to provide any proof to REFUTE these claims..