Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sun
Member+

Re: What is the difference between Galla and Oromo!

Post by sun » 01 May 2019, 18:51

Ideaforum wrote:
01 May 2019, 05:22
This senseless meaning is from TPLF rats! You always try to give dividing comments! This never helped anyone even you ga*gs! If Oromo doesn’t like any word that is enough! TPLF rats are always afraid of the innocent, loving and brave Oromo! It is because once Oromo creates unity the it is difficult for thieves to survive!! Thieves are basically TPLF rats!!

pibor wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 21:23
Galla is derogatory word that came from somali language
Ideaforum,

You are the only one who is ahead of all of these clueless bickering and time wasting folks since you understood as to why such divisive topics are introduced. Such topics are introduced not for increasing understandings and knowledge but for creating divisions and diverting attention from the main issue. And tplf has been good at it and is also good at it now here laughing loud when clueless folks prefer to climb dry tree branches and keep throwing dry peanuts at each other. Dear forumers don't get trapped by tplf traps and waste your scarce time resources chewing old rubber soles with no end in sight. Get life and define the current problems and suggest unifying solutions that are based on equality and justice for all. Araat Nexxib!
8)

EPRDF

Post by EPRDF » 01 May 2019, 18:53

Za Dengel wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 14:04
Some Muslim Oromo groups used to prefer to be called galla than Oromo because the latter for them denoted being pagan. Watch Donald Levin ESAT interview.
Za Dengel

Where did you get this from that Muslims prefer to be called Galla?

Back in the days during the emperor's era the Hararghe, Arsi and Bale Muslim Oromos used to be known as Qottu. If you went to these regions back then and tried to communicate you hear they saying Affan Qotun beyta means do you know Qotu language, khotu seni hiinsodatiin kaana maanan Qottu meaning come get in don't be afraid this is Qottu house to show they are welcome people.

I do not know this word has completely disappeared now but back in days the Muslim quarter of Oromo society used to identify itself as Qottu. Galla was refered to Shoa and Wollega mainly to Christian Oromos even by the Muslim Oromos aka Qottus.
And that was well accepted by the Shoa Oromos as well, it had never been a problem. If you were tried to converse them in affan Qottu, they used to tell you anna affan Qottu hindubenuu anni Shewa gallan dubanna meaning I don't speak Qottu I speak shawa gallan dialect.

Obbo AfranQallo come and approve or disapprove this message.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 01 May 2019, 19:15

EPRDF wrote:
01 May 2019, 18:53
Za Dengel wrote:
Some Muslim Oromo groups used to prefer to be called galla than Oromo because the latter for them denoted being pagan. Watch Donald Levin ESAT interview.
Za Dengel

Back in the days during the emperor's era the Hararghe, Arsi and Bale Muslim Oromos used to be known as Qottu. If you went to these regions back then and tried to communicate you hear they saying Affan Qotun beyta means do you know Qotu language, khotu seni hiinsodatiin kaana maanan Qottu meaning come get in don't be afraid this is Qottu house to show they are welcome people.

I do not know this word has completely disappeared now but back in days the Muslim quarter of Oromo society used to identify itself as Qottu. Galla was refered to Shoa and Wollega mainly to Christian Oromos even by the Muslim Oromos aka Qottus.
And that was well accepted by the Shoa Oromos as well, it had never been a problem. If you were tried to converse them in affan Qottu, they used to tell you anna affan Qottu hindubenuu anni Shewa gallan dubanna meaning I don't speak Qottu I speak shawa gallan dialect.

hmm... 8)

To a large extent you are confused and confusing others for your own reasons. "Qottu" simply means farmer. So it is like community of people being referred to by their profession which is universal in nature. It is like having the profession of black smith and then being called Hanna Smith, John Smith, Barbara Smith, etc.
Last but not least it is more than enough to ban the label "Galla" because Oromos don't accept it since all varities of oromo enemy rats are using it to tease and demean the Oromos just like some of those Klansmen, white fascists and Nazi poisonous serpents are calling the great black people who worked hard and built the great white house as N!ggers just to tease and insult. :mrgreen:

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 01 May 2019, 19:27

sun wrote:
01 May 2019, 18:51
Ideaforum wrote:
01 May 2019, 05:22
This senseless meaning is from TPLF rats! You always try to give dividing comments! This never helped anyone even you ga*gs! If Oromo doesn’t like any word that is enough! TPLF rats are always afraid of the innocent, loving and brave Oromo! It is because once Oromo creates unity the it is difficult for thieves to survive!! Thieves are basically TPLF rats!!

pibor wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 21:23
Galla is derogatory word that came from somali language
Ideaforum,

You are the only one who is ahead of all of these clueless bickering and time wasting folks since you understood as to why such divisive topics are introduced. Such topics are introduced not for increasing understandings and knowledge but for creating divisions and diverting attention from the main issue. And tplf has been good at it and is also good at it now here laughing loud when clueless folks prefer to climb dry tree branches and keep throwing dry peanuts at each other. Dear forumers don't get trapped by tplf traps and waste your scarce time resources chewing old rubber soles with no end in sight. Get life and define the current problems and suggest unifying solutions that are based on equality and justice for all. Araat Nexxib!
8)
I don't think you should be obsessed with the TPLF, since almost everything that has been attributed to it existed prior to its arrival to power. Stop talking naively like those lazy khat & clanism obsessed with Issaks in the north of Somalia who blame Siad Barre for every misery of theirs - even though they were part & parcel of the regime and they're now doing even worse than what they have been accusing him of.

Solutions do not emerge out of the blue up and functional; they need vital platforms to be born on, nourished, baby-sited, cherished, believed in and trusted - NOT out of an emotion. Just a thought.

Rtt

Post by Rtt » 01 May 2019, 20:04

Khysion wrote:
01 May 2019, 15:26
Rtt wrote:
01 May 2019, 05:08
Their are many theories about the origin of Galla word, but I'm sure it didn't originated in somali. Their is no written evidence to back up your claim. Your just being a somali, taking credit for everything that doesn't belong to you.

The Oromos first had contact with amhara and other ethinc groups during their migration before somalis. They were even called Galla even before their migration. Its highly possible the name coming from a river called galan which they were bordered by. And somalis didn't had that much contact with other ethinc groups for them to lend a word. Why would amhara and other minority groups take a name from somalis when they were hostile to one onother ?

Za Dengel : I don't think "AbyssinianLady" is an Oromo mix. I've seen him/her insulting Oromo too many times for her to not be one. I don't think he/she is somali either cause she addmited to that above by saying she lived their for 20 years. If she was somali, she would not have said that. I think afar is higly possible.
Somalis had contact with Abyssinians and other ethnic groups during the Ifat period. Even in ancient times, the Somali city-states had contacts with Axum. Oromo migration began in the 16th century. What nonsense are you talking about? Somalis had long borders with Oromos. The Ajuran Empire called them "Gaal madow" and Adal Sultanate called them "Gaal madow" until other groups under Somalis in Adal Sultanate used our word and it spread to Abyssinia. The Abyssinians simply Semiticized that word "Galla" but the original word was called "Gaal". Somalis used to call Oromos gaal.

I do have evidence. You should read the book called The Cambridge History of Africa
Ifat and Adal were in the North part of somali while oromos originally were in the very south Bale Mountains. Ajuran is very close to oromos but you have no written evidence to back up your claim.

The Galla name was first used by amharas in a map made by an Italian guy. And I'm sure amharas didn't had that much contact, if any, with Ajuran kingdom for them to borrow a word.

I think the name Galla came from the galan river which also was mentioned in that old map. Remember that the Oromos were first attacking other minority tribes and amhara before going to destroy adal. Don't you think the amharas would have a name for them that whole time ? How and why did they called them Galla first, before adal knew of their existence ? Since it has no meaning in amharic, the river theory makes much sense that yours!

By the way, adal started in 1415, while the first Galla word was recorded in 1459. It highly possible for that name being used internally before the map was even made. Don't you think the time line is a bit off to support your claim ? It even highly possible for the amharas to know about "galla" name before adal was even born. And what ancient contact with Axum are you talking about ?

temple

Post by temple » 02 May 2019, 01:54

Somalis, what does "Eidagalla"?

Khysion

Post by Khysion » 02 May 2019, 03:31

Somaliman wrote:
01 May 2019, 16:33
If someone who should shut their [deleted] mouth (and even their arse) is apparently you, idiot, because you're talking about what you haven't got a clue about. Keep your crap with your mates at Somali cafeterias, where retards like you can talk without being listened to by anyone. All you're saying is, Somalized, Amharanized, influenced. Show us a single evidence. You're talking through your arse.
I feel like I'm talking to the wall. Don't ever quote me again f@[ deleted ]. I posted a screenshot and a book from linguistics since Galla term is not found in any other habesha sub-languages or Oromo dialects.

I have a history background so if I were you. I'd be ashamed to argue with someone with more knowledge. Please stay silent.

Khysion

Post by Khysion » 02 May 2019, 03:37

Rtt wrote:
01 May 2019, 20:04
Ifat and Adal were in the North part of somali while oromos originally were in the very south Bale Mountains. Ajuran is very close to oromos but you have no written evidence to back up your claim.

The Galla name was first used by amharas in a map made by an Italian guy. And I'm sure amharas didn't had that much contact, if any, with Ajuran kingdom for them to borrow a word.

I think the name Galla came from the galan river which also was mentioned in that old map. Remember that the Oromos were first attacking other minority tribes and amhara before going to destroy adal. Don't you think the amharas would have a name for them that whole time ? How and why did they called them Galla first, before adal knew of their existence ? Since it has no meaning in amharic, the river theory makes much sense that yours!

By the way, adal started in 1415, while the first Galla word was recorded in 1459. It highly possible for that name being used internally before the map was even made. Don't you think the time line is a bit off to support your claim ? It even highly possible for the amharas to know about "galla" name before adal was even born. And what ancient contact with Axum are you talking about ?
I gave you a book for my written evidence straight from the linguistics. Now you want to give credit to Amhara lol? Ask any Oromo and they'll tell you that word originates from the Somali language. Galla is not found in any other Habesha sub-languages or Oromo dialects.

Abyssinia traded with both Ajuran and Adal. Before the Oromo migration, Adalites & Abyssinians would have several meetings to end the war and to start countering Oromo threat. Italians? Somalis were using these references since the medieval period.

I fail to see the correlation between the Ganale river and Galla river. Somalis basically referred Oromos as pagans. It's not an insult. Just means they had a different belief system compared to Somalis.

Rtt

Post by Rtt » 04 May 2019, 14:55

Khysion wrote:
02 May 2019, 03:37
Rtt wrote:

I gave you a book for my written evidence straight from the linguistics. Now you want to give credit to Amhara lol? Ask any Oromo and they'll tell you that word originates from the Somali language. Galla is not found in any other Habesha sub-languages or Oromo dialects.

Abyssinia traded with both Ajuran and Adal. Before the Oromo migration, Adalites & Abyssinians would have several meetings to end the war and to start countering Oromo threat. Italians? Somalis were using these references since the medieval period.

I fail to see the correlation between the Ganale river and Galla river. Somalis basically referred Oromos as pagans. It's not an insult. Just means they had a different belief system compared to Somalis.
Read page 39 of the book ; the oromo of Ethiopia 1300-1850 with great emphasis of Gibe region

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 04 May 2019, 15:47

gaala means camel in afaan oromo too, by the way, agamesion aka hawdian.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 04 May 2019, 17:54

Sadacha Macca wrote:
04 May 2019, 15:47
gaala means camel in afaan oromo too, by the way, agamesion aka hawdian.

Excellent findings! Very interesting! Kudos to Sadacha Macca a thousand times.

For ill-wishers and those inhabited by ignorance, let me deceive you one more time by ascertaining the findings of Sadacha Macca to prove that's genuine with the following examples in which "Gaala" is put in context simply meaning 'camel':

Dhugaatii aadaa jaallatamoo warra Kaazaak keessaa koowuumiis, isa aannan fardaa irra hojjetamuu fi fayyaadhaaf faayidaa guddaa akka qabu yaadamu, akkasumas shuubaat, dhugaatii furdaa xiqqoo hadhaaʼuu fi aannan gaala irra hojjetamu ni argamu.

Among Kazakhs’ favorite drinks are koumiss, which is made from mare’s milk and is said to provide many health benefits, and rich, slightly sour shubat, made from camel’s milk.

Haa taʼu malee, wantoota guguddaa Seericha keessatti ibsaman akka laayyootti kan ilaalan taʼuun isaanii, gaala isa bookee irra baayʼee guddaa fi akka sirna amantiitti xuraaʼaa taʼe liqimsuu wajjin tokko dha.—Lewwoota 11:4, 21-24.

Yet, the way they disregard weightier matters of the Law is like swallowing a camel, also a ceremonially unclean animal, only far larger. —Leviticus 11:4, 21-24

Suutuma suuta namoonni karaa deemuudhaan muuxannoo hin qabnellee dunkaana dhaabuufi buqqisuu dabalatee Taaraa maanguddicha suuta jedhanii gaala ykn harreerra kaaʼuu baratan.

Gradually, even the less experienced travelers became more adept at making and breaking camp and helping aged Terah to get comfortably situated atop a camel or a donkey.

Za Dengel

Post by Za Dengel » 07 Jun 2019, 09:56

EPRDF wrote:
01 May 2019, 18:53
Za Dengel wrote:
Za Dengel

I found it on Donald Levin interview on ESAT. I’m not sure if he specifically said Muslim Oromo but he said Oromo.

Za Dengel

Post by Za Dengel » 07 Jun 2019, 10:03

Rtt wrote:
Khysion wrote:
01 May 2019, 15:26
Rtt wrote:
01 May 2019, 05:08
Their are many theories about the origin of Galla word, but I'm sure it didn't originated in somali. Their is no written evidence to back up your claim. Your just being a somali, taking credit for everything that doesn't belong to you.

The Oromos first had contact with amhara and other ethinc groups during their migration before somalis. They were even called Galla even before their migration. Its highly possible the name coming from a river called galan which they were bordered by. And somalis didn't had that much contact with other ethinc groups for them to lend a word. Why would amhara and other minority groups take a name from somalis when they were hostile to one onother ?

Za Dengel : I don't think "AbyssinianLady" is an Oromo mix. I've seen him/her insulting Oromo too many times for her to not be one. I don't think he/she is somali either cause she addmited to that above by saying she lived their for 20 years. If she was somali, she would not have said that. I think afar is higly possible.
Somalis had contact with Abyssinians and other ethnic groups during the Ifat period. Even in ancient times, the Somali city-states had contacts with Axum. Oromo migration began in the 16th century. What nonsense are you talking about? Somalis had long borders with Oromos. The Ajuran Empire called them "Gaal madow" and Adal Sultanate called them "Gaal madow" until other groups under Somalis in Adal Sultanate used our word and it spread to Abyssinia. The Abyssinians simply Semiticized that word "Galla" but the original word was called "Gaal". Somalis used to call Oromos gaal.

I do have evidence. You should read the book called The Cambridge History of Africa

Ifat and Adal territories might included some part of Somali area but their proper areas weren’t at least for Ifat. Also their founders weren't.

gadaa2

Post by gadaa2 » 07 Jun 2019, 11:52

A question for all of you. The Oromo doesnot know this word called G. I never came across people who call them selves such.
Ok my questions come, that if some people want to fight these people psychologically by calling names and writing books about them, there must be something.

Truely Oromo are sons of brave, we don't need to change the name of anyone to defeat them and chase enemy to one of the inhabitable areas on earth.
While others need not hire psychologist to demoralize people "Aba Baharey in my mind, by selling there back hole, the help of Portugal, Egypt and Turkey to just make few warlords raise for few decades. Tell me what has Oromo get help from anyone to reach here? Nothing. Relay on yourself and you can become one of the branded true African son.

Khysion

Post by Khysion » 07 Jun 2019, 12:23

Za Dengel wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 10:03
Ifat and Adal territories might included some part of Somali area but their proper areas weren’t at least for Ifat. Also their founders weren't.
Let's not argue about this again. I've given you Ethiopian chronicles. We have long long oral traditions and medieval foreign sources to prove this is our history.

Umar Walashma the first Sultan of Ifat Sultanate was from Zeila. He took over the small Adal Kingdom centred in northern Somalia and started a new dynasty and conquered the Shewa Sultanate and turned it into a vessel state. Ifat Sultanate was indeed a multi-cultural empire but the population of the leading principality of Ifat Sultanate were no doubt the Somalis who were headquartered in Zeila.

Umar Walashma stated his grandfather was Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn also known as Aw Barkhaadle. Yes, the guy he claimed to be a descendant from was a well known and famous Somali scholar.

The Walashma Dynasty was a Somali dynasty that ruled both Ifat & Adal Sultanates. The dynasty claimed the origins of Sheikh Yusuf al-kowneyn (Aw Barkhaadle). A famous Somali scholar from Zeila. These two famous scholars you're seeing were famous for founding the Walashma Dynasty and Bale Sultanate.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Wah ... ty&f=false

You're conflating Somalis and Argobba history. Let me make you understand better. Argobba were rulers of Shewa Sultanate centred in central Ethiopia. They got conquered and ruled by northern Somalis who were expanding Ifat powers into central Ethiopia.

What you're really forgetting is Zeila was the metropolis, commercial and cultural hub for Ifat Sultanate. It was the capital of the entire kingdom.

When you look at powerful empires. Their capitals would be at the center of their people. Making someplace far away the capital inhabited by different people would be a threat because you would lose power. According to all medieval scholars that visited Zeila like Ibn Battuta, Ibn Sa'id and Ibn Khaldun confirmed it was predominantly inhabited by Somalis and claimed it the capital for their regional kingdom.

Za Dengel

Post by Za Dengel » 07 Jun 2019, 12:54

Khysion wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 12:23
Za Dengel wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 10:03
Let's not argue about this again. I've given you Ethiopian chronicles. We have long long oral traditions and medieval foreign sources to prove this is our history.

Umar Walashma the first Sultan of Ifat Sultanate was from Zeila. He took over the small Adal Kingdom centred in northern Somalia and started a new dynasty and conquered the Shewa Sultanate and turned it into a vessel state. Ifat Sultanate was indeed a multi-cultural empire but the population of the leading principality of Ifat Sultanate were no doubt the Somalis who were headquartered in Zeila.

Umar Walashma stated his grandfather was Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn also known as Aw Barkhaadle. Yes, the guy he claimed to be a descendant from was a well known and famous Somali scholar.

The Walashma Dynasty was a Somali dynasty that ruled both Ifat & Adal Sultanates. The dynasty claimed the origins of Sheikh Yusuf al-kowneyn (Aw Barkhaadle). A famous Somali scholar from Zeila. These two famous scholars you're seeing were famous for founding the Walashma Dynasty and Bale Sultanate.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Wah ... ty&f=false

You're conflating Somalis and Argobba history. Let me make you understand better. Argobba were rulers of Shewa Sultanate centred in central Ethiopia. They got conquered and ruled by northern Somalis who were expanding Ifat powers into central Ethiopia.

What you're really forgetting is Zeila was the metropolis, commercial and cultural hub for Ifat Sultanate. It was the capital of the entire kingdom.

When you look at powerful empires. Their capitals would be at the center of their people. Making someplace far away the capital inhabited by different people would be a threat because you would lose power. According to all medieval scholars that visited Zeila like Ibn Battuta, Ibn Sa'id and Ibn Khaldun confirmed it was predominantly inhabited by Somalis and claimed it the capital for their regional kingdom.
al-Umari and Maqrizi, a 14th and 15th century historian respectively, said Ifat spoke Abyssinian. The latter means an EthioSemitic language. Argobba and Amara were the native inhabitants with Argobba being the main one. Somali were just mercenaries used by them just like galla were used by Christian Ethiopia. Zeila was Somali but Ifat just conquered it. Proper Ifat was in northeastern Shewa and southern Afar.

And Shewa sultanate wasn’t located in Shewa but Haraghe. Some part of it might had included lowland Shewa but the proper area was in Haraghe. The founder might be Argobba or Harla.

I’m not being harsh but Somali weren’t civilized like you portraying them to be. :lol: Gragn wasn’t Somali. Somali were citizen of Adal but Adal elites were mostly non-Somali. If they were then why did Arab Fiq sometimes potrayed Somali in a negative light? :lol:

Khysion

Post by Khysion » 07 Jun 2019, 14:00

Za Dengel wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 12:54
al-Umari and Maqrizi, a 14th and 15th century historian respectively, said Ifat spoke Abyssinian. The latter means an EthioSemitic language. Argobba and Amara were the native inhabitants with Argobba being the main one. Somali were just mercenaries used by them just like galla were used by Christian Ethiopia. Zeila was Somali but Ifat just conquered it. Proper Ifat was in northeastern Shewa and southern Afar.

And Shewa sultanate wasn’t located in Shewa but Haraghe. Some part of it might had included lowland Shewa but the proper area was in Haraghe. The founder might be Argobba or Harla.

I’m not being harsh but Somali weren’t civilized like you portraying them to be. :lol: Gragn wasn’t Somali. Somali were citizen of Adal but Adal elites were mostly non-Somali. If they were then why did Arab Fiq sometimes potrayed Somali in a negative light? :lol:
Let me educate you and debunk your points since you're largely uneducated about history.

Al-Umari and Maqrizi classed all Cushitic people living in the Horn as Abyssinian but mass Arab scholars of that time distinguished Abyssinia and the Somali peninsula.

As for Somalis and their civilizations. During medieval times, they were the most sophisticated people in Africa at that time producing the greatest kingdom at that time. I'm guessing you haven't studied the Ajuran Empire? Well, learn about their achievements from below. Abyssinia was inferior in every way when you compare their civilization elements to the Ajuran Empire. Somalis have always been more advanced than the Abyssinians. :lol:

At the end of the day, the Walashma Dynasty emerged in Zeila and belong to a Somali origin. None of this is disputed. Shiekh Abi-Bakr Al Alawi, a medieval Harari historian, states in his book that Aw Barkhaadle is Somali from Zeila who is the father and founder of the Walashma Dynasty.

I mean your major Habesh scholar testifies to this after finding the evidence. He has PhD for east African history so I trust him because he knows what he's talking about. Majority of scholars agrees with him too.

Book: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q0p ... la&f=false

You're contradicting yourself. Shewa Sultanate was centred in Shewa inhabited by Argobba, Harla and other Muslim Ethio-Semitic and Cushitic people. Yes, but they got conquered by Ifat Sultanate that emerged from northern Somalia and its capital was Zeila meaning that was the core of the population. The place you keep talking about was a vessel state for Ifat.

The Portuguese traveller met Ahmed Gragn. He said he was born in Zeila. He was fluent in Somali and the majority of his troops were Somali that came from the Adal Sultanate. He mostly hanged around with Somalis and no other evidence suggest he was fluent in other languages except Somali. He confirmed his ethnicity.

Read his book called The Portuguese Expedition to Abyssinia in 1541-1543

Another Ethiopian source that agrees Ahmed Gragn was no doubt Somali.

Book: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=gU_ ... la&f=false

Just give it up. Ifat/Adal Sultanates were northern Somali kingdoms. The Walashma Dynasty was a Somali Dynasty decedent from a famous Somali scholar called Aw Barkhaadle. Majority of Adal famous cities and ruins are Somali cities: Zeila, Berbera, Dakkar, Abasa, Amud, Bulhar, Dire Dawa, Hargeisa, Burco, Borama and Aw Barre. Adal cities outside of Somali territory are Harar and Aussa but the majority of the ruins are found in Somaliland and no archaeologists disputes this.

Zack

Post by Zack » 07 Jun 2019, 14:40

Gallas are the people who lived south of Abyssinia. Oromo is a name adopted in the 1970s

Dr Zackovich

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 09 Jun 2019, 16:03

Although I believe people should be called with the names they feel comfortable with, keep opposing to be called Galla seems to be counterproductive at least in the short run as it's only contributing to the continuation of being called Galla - since names don't just disappear like tears in the rain! But this doesn't mean you've to accept to be called with a name which you're not happy with either. Just a thought!

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 09 Jun 2019, 16:29

You can call us Galla, but do not cry if you get punched in the eye, or catch a swift kick to your ribs by a fierce Oromo warrior if you do so.
I remember the last time a habesha dude called an oromo friend of mines a ''galla,'' in my city, my oromo brother kicked his azzzzz up and down, and we all laughed about it, and we still do.

So yes, you are free to say as you wish: but you are not free from the consequences.

Sincerely,
Abba Sadacha-the fearless son of the Oromo nation.