Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Dawi

5ቱ የኦሮሞ ንቅናቄዎች ተሰብስበው አዲሳባ "ኬኛ" ማለታቸው ለኔ እሰየው ነው፣ ስላዲሳባ እናወራለን! ስለ አንድነትም! - ዶ/ር ዳኛቸው አሰፋ

Post by Dawi » 25 Apr 2019, 02:56

5ቱ የኦሮሞ ንቅናቄዎች ተሰብስበው አዲሳባ "ኬኛ" ማለታቸው ለኔ እሰየው ነው፣ ስላዲሳባ እናወራለን! ስለ አንድነትም! - ዶ/ር ዳኛቸው አሰፋ

Dr. Dagnachew is thinking out of the BOX!

He considers that meeting where 5 Oromo nationalists including OLF declaring AA 'ኬኛ"! As a watershed moment! For them it is transitioning from Ethiopia the "Imperial/Colonial power" Narrative to "Ethiopiawinet" one! He considers it as a huge progress! WOW!

He said, Hope is alive in Ethiopia! More than ever!

I can't say it any better. I guess we were all duped into believing 5 Oromo organizations saying AA "ኬኛ"! as a threat to our existence. Not!

There is light at the end of the tunnel! 8)

Dawi

Re: 5ቱ የኦሮሞ ንቅናቄዎች ተሰብስበው አዲሳባ "ኬኛ" ማለታቸው ለኔ እሰየው ነው፣ ስላዲሳባ እናወራለን! ስለ አንድነትም! - ዶ/ር ዳኛቸው አሰፋ

Post by Dawi » 25 Apr 2019, 03:38

kibramlak wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 03:08
Yes but he has still misunderstood them. AA kegna is a part of independent oromia. He didnt see from that angle.
kibramlak,

That is a good point but, an over simplified one. It takes our assumption that the "independent" section of the Oromo movement is the strongest of all?

Well TPLF was a good example on that type of scenario for me; they started with Tigrai Manifesto, supported the Eritrean independence as a "colonial" to quickly turning to an ultimate Ethiopian "unionists".

Not only that, they fought with ONLF tooth and nail, to the point of wiping out entire villages from the face of the earth; at the end of the day, Abdi Ilay became the Judge, Jury, and Executioner of Somalia! They inflicted more damage to "Ogaden" than HIM/Derg combined.

Having said that, I expect ODP becoming the same down the line when it comes to defending Ethiopia. I am with Dr. Dagnachew! My only wish today is, for them to hopefully remain at peace with Eritrea.
Last edited by Dawi on 25 Apr 2019, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.

gurre

Re: 5ቱ የኦሮሞ ንቅናቄዎች ተሰብስበው አዲሳባ "ኬኛ" ማለታቸው ለኔ እሰየው ነው፣ ስላዲሳባ እናወራለን! ስለ አንድነትም! - ዶ/ር ዳኛቸው አሰፋ

Post by gurre » 25 Apr 2019, 03:44

Look, you can interpret it the way it fits you. But i have seen both part I and part II of the interview with the LTV woman. Even she see seems to be surprised by the good doctor’s answers to her questions, kind of becoming “more christian than the pope himself”.Me, i put him in the same category with the long list of home sick returnees, which PM Abiye cleverly diagnosed their sickness and gave them a cure in the form of different handouts and promises.
Dawi wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 02:56

Dr. Dagnachew is thinking out of the BOX!

He considers that meeting where 5 Oromo nationalists including OLF declaring AA 'ኬኛ"! As a watershed moment! For them it is transitioning from Ethiopia the "Imperial/Colonial power" Narrative to "Ethiopiawinet" one! He considers it as a huge progress! WOW!

He said, Hope is alive in Ethiopia! More than ever!

I can't say it any better. I guess we were all duped into believing 5 Oromo organizations saying AA "ኬኛ"! as a threat to our existence. Not!

There is light at the end of the tunnel! 8)

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 25 Apr 2019, 04:10

gurre wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 03:44
Look, you can interpret it the way it fits you. But i have seen both part I and part II of the interview with the LTV woman. Even she see seems to be surprised by the good doctor’s answers to her questions, kind of becoming “more christian than the pope himself”.Me, i put him in the same category with the long list of home sick returnees, which PM Abiye cleverly diagnosed their sickness and gave them a cure in the form of different handouts and promises.
gurre,

Yeah! For those who didn't see the whole show please do. This LTV interview is one of the few positive ones out there.

Dr. Dagnachew a "home sick returnees"?

if I am not mistaken, he was there for most of the 27 years of EPRDF rule!

Don't give too much credit to Abiy's "swindling" abilities. There is no way he can dupe everyone like that.

The Prof. only said, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Is that too much for Ethiopians to hope for? I don't think so.

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 25 Apr 2019, 04:13

Dawi,
Those who are proponents of "independent oromia" are not the strongest ones, I do agree with you. They are even minority with links from jawar kegna invasion attempt.

That said, behind the AA kegna there is still a desire to bring a complete "map of oromia" under one admin. As to the "independent" desire, there is indeed a similarity with tplf's initial manifesto and what they have decided later on.

In fact, tplf had no intention to rule Ethiopia. However, when they realized that Ethiopia is like a fertile milking cow with huge opportunity, they opted to milk the cow for building and realizing their independent Tigray when the time comes. Unfortunately, they had not thought their demis comes so fast.

Same way, the likes of extremist Oromos had the intention to create independent oromia as per the Oromos and support they get from Arabs and Germans. However, once they got key gov positions now, they claim less about independent oromia because its always the fertile cow to keep milking.

In my view, their claim of AA kegna is one of the stup!dest thought ever as if the people living there are like a pack of grains ready to be exported or shipped.

On the other front, with this kegna claim, we can have the opportunity to explore history and bring it to the table if AA is really for the kegna group or if Shewa itself belongs to oromo altogether. Asa gorguari zendo yawotal ,, woyim,, yekotun sword bila ye bibtuan talech,, aynet new negeru.

Anyway, I agree with dr dagnachew's view for the opportunity of opening up history. But I still doubt about the ethiopiwinet spirit of the kegna group.

Dawi wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 03:38
kibramlak wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 03:08
Yes but he has still misunderstood them. AA kegna is a part of independent oromia. He didnt see from that angle.
kibramlak,

That is a good point but, an over simplified one. It takes our assumption that the "independent" section of the Oromo movement is the strongest of all?

Well TPLF was a good example on that type of scenario for me; they started with Tigrai Manifesto, supported the Eritrean independence as a "colonial" to quickly turning to an ultimate Ethiopian "unionists".

Not only that, they fought with ONLF tooth and nail, to the point of wiping out entire villages from the face of the earth; at the end of the day, Abdi Ilay became the Judge, Jury, and Executioner of Somalia! They inflicted more damage to "Ogaden" than HIM/Derg combined.

Having said that, I don't have any illusion of ODP becoming the same down the line when it comes to defending Ethiopia. I am with Dr. Dagnachew! My only wish today is, for them to hopefully remain at peace with Eritrea.