Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
yaballo
Member
Posts: 2887
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 02:30

COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by yaballo » 24 Apr 2019, 19:57

COMMUNIQUE: The Sidama people & its Ejjetto youth rejects Abiy's typical habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama attempt to create its own Kilil.







Breaking:

Ejjeetto Rejects an Invitation for Discussion That Potentially Derails Nation’s Move toward Constitutionally Guaranteed Right to A Sidama National Regional State.

Press Statement by the Sidama Ejjeetto.

April 24, 2019

It is extremely necessary to understand that the Sidama nation has repeatedly paid ultimate sacrifices with its son’s and daughter’s precious lives for several decades, in particular during the last 27 years seeking genuine self-rule that has been denied to the nation by the EPRDF’s government.

It is also necessary to note that, the Sidama nation has fulfilled constitutionally stipulated pre-requite that entitles the nation to a regional self-rule during its July 18, 2018 Sidama Zone Council’s unanimous decision to be a national regional state. Ironically, instead of honouring the constitution, the rulers of the country are obliviously embarked on intimidation of the Sidama human rights activists including Ejjeetto, attempting to inculcate in the psyches of the activists deceitful subterfuges and trying to bribe the indicated groups with the objectives of dived-and-sabotaging the Sidama’s aspiration to be a national regional state.

The Sidama nation strongly believes that the nation, at its final phase of its demands expects nothing other than the notification of the fixed date for running of the referendum for SNR-Statehood. Neither dialogue with members of the federal and SNNPRS leadership who are obliviously attempting to divert the constitutional course of the Sidama’s strides toward national regional statehood, nor explicit or implicit coercion of the Sidama Ejjeetto and reformist Sidama leadership will be tolerated by the united and peacefully moving Sidama nation.

The Ethiopia government’s leadership that remained oblivious and silent during the Sidama’s firm demands as the nation staged on a repeated peaceful demonstrations, now coming up with such divisive unconstitutional approach at the critical juncture in our history needs to be wholly rejected by the Sidama nation. The Sidama’s peaceful demonstrations for example included the gathering of the Sidama elders (Ciimmeeyye) in the capital’s traditional ceremonial square ‘Guudumale and their subsequent deliberation that fully endorsed the national movement of the Sidama and its Ejjeetto for self-rule; Gaado I, Gaado II and Gaado Furra (Sidama Women and Girls peaceful Demonstration of April 09, 2019) during which the leadership now attempting to call the Sidama nation for dialogue and discussion of unknown outcome remained chillingly silent and, at worst disrespectful of our nation.

The Sidama nation wholly rejects such blind-walking to an unknown end; and such attempts however will yield no fruit as our peaceful and constitutional struggle for self-rule continues with a unified and purpose driven objective, with larger vigour, strong and unwavering commitment and determination. It is imperative that, our demand is legal and constitutional that needs no more dialogue and discussion whose objective is malicious, but it needs constitutionally guaranteed rights to be legally and officially addressed by only fixing the date for referendum as a matter of urgency.

Until the federal and regional governments abide with the constitutional rule of the country to fix and notify our nation of the date, we won’t have any agenda for any discussion with any person whose objective could potentially hamper our peaceful move towards asserting our national regional statehood.

Finally, cognizant of the remaining days for the Sidama referendum before the deadline are only 85; during this remaining time if the SNNPRS’s council and federal election board fail to fix the date and agree to managing and running of the referendum instead of wasting their time on unconstitutional matters; we the Sidama Ejjeetto with our wider nation use the power of our unity to force the Sidama zone to unilaterally declare the SNRS on the 19th of July 2019. Therefore, we strongly advise the Ethiopian government to respect our nation and exercise civil way of handling legally and constitutionally guaranteed right of our nation instead of playing cat-mouse game. Besides, the Sidama nation remains civil and legally obedient to the provisions of the country’s constitution.

The Sidama Ejjeetto, Hawassa, Sidama, Ethiopia

April 24, 2019







Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 1381
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 24 Apr 2019, 20:09

It is mind boggling why the Sidamas and others are not allowed to have their own Region...per the constitution. If the Hararis with only 16k people can form a kilil, any other tribal groups should be able too..lol This is the complete melt down of the so called garbage aka constitution. There is no pick and choose in a legal system...either implement it or throw it in to the garbage bin where it belongs.

It will be a federation with all groups and sub groups administering themselves and proportionally represented at the federal level...or Geographical Federation with emphasis on cultural identity preservation (not politicizing identity) or else the rest is just nonsense and wasting time and resources.

Ijjeto is another arm of the mencha knight.. aka Jawar and, hopefully he will pull some strings to see thru the Sidamas' plight.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+
Posts: 31062
Joined: 30 May 2010, 23:04

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 24 Apr 2019, 20:26

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:09
It is mind boggling why the Sidamas and others are not allowed to have their own Region...per the constitution. If the Hararis with only 16k people can form a kilil, any other tribal groups should be able too..lol This is the complete melt down of the so called garbage aka constitution. There is no pick and choose in a legal system...either implement it or throw it in to the garbage bin where it belongs.

It will be a federation with all groups and sub groups administering themselves and proportionally represented at the federal level...or Geographical Federation with emphasis on cultural identity preservation (not politicizing identity) or else the rest is just nonsense and wasting time and resources.

Ijjeto is another arm of the mencha knight.. aka Jawar and, hopefully he will pull some strings to see thru the Sidamas' plight.
Your logic is right but the true story is totally diffferent, Sidama agreed to be part of the collision of Southerns and all the money budgeted to all southerns were poured to Awasa city in the name of all southerns but after the city developed the Sidama wants it by themselves not with the other southern ethnics. So, Sidama is not honest about the whole situation had Awasa was remote farm land they may not ask to be self Kilil. If the last 27 years was dark for them, how did Awasa and all the projects including the industrial park created and why they are asking their own kilil now the Woyane constitution???

Horus
Senior Member
Posts: 14369
Joined: 19 Oct 2013, 19:34

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by Horus » 24 Apr 2019, 21:00

ያቤሎ፤

በሬ ሆይ፣ በሬ ሆይ ሳሩን አየህና ገደሉን ሳታዪ ተባለኮ !!

ኤጀቶ (ጦረኛ ማለት ነው) የተባለ የቄሮ ቅሪት፣ የጃዋር ዉሃ አመላላሽ ቡድን ፈጥረህ ሲዳማን፣ ደቡብን ብቻ ሳይሆን ያንተንም፣ የሁልሽንም ክልል የተባለው የመለስ ቂጣ ፍርክስክሱ እየወጣ ነው ።

ሲዳማ ክልል ይሁን ማለት ደቡብ 54 ክልል ይሁን ማለት እንደ ሆነ ያልገባችሁ የፖለቲካ መሃይሞች !!! ደቡብ 54 ክልል ነው የሚሆነው ። በደቡብ አንድም ከአደረ/ሃረሬ የሚያንስ ጎሳ የለም፤ ከየም እስከ ኮንሶ እስከ ሙርሲ!!!

የደቡብ 54 ክልል መሆን ደሞ በአትዮጵያ ያሉት ክልል ተብዬ የመለስ ቂጣዎችን ያፈራችሳቸዋል ። ለዚህም ገና ኦሮሞ ባ4 ወይም በ6 ነው የሚከፈለው ፣ ወዘተርፈ

ከፊታችህን ያለው የመፍትሄ ብርሃን ክልሎን ሁሉ ማፍረስ ወይም 88 ክልሎችን ማወጅ ነው ። በደቡብ ባሁን ሰአት 10 የክክል ማመልከቻ የገባ ሲሆን፣ የቀሩት 44ቱ ዝግጅት ላይ ናቸው !!!

yaballo
Member
Posts: 2887
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 02:30

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by yaballo » 24 Apr 2019, 21:26

ሆረስ፤

ወሬ ብቻ! .. እና ሁሉም 54ቱ የደቡብ ጎሳዎች ክልል ሆነን ራሳችንን እናስተዳድራለን ካሉ ችገሩ መኑ ላይ ነው?? .. የራሳቸውን ሕዝብ እንኳ መመገብ ያልቻሉ ጎሳዎችን የሚወክሉ ፈክ/fake ኢትዮ-አክራሪዎችን ምን አገባቸው?? .. NOTE: እነኚህ ሁሉ የደቡብ ጎሳዎች ከዓፄ ሚኒሊክ ወረራ በፊት በራሳቸው ነገስታት ሲተዳደሩ አልነበሩም?



Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 1381
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 25 Apr 2019, 12:26

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:26
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:09
It is mind boggling why the Sidamas and others are not allowed to have their own Region...per the constitution. If the Hararis with only 16k people can form a kilil, any other tribal groups should be able too..lol This is the complete melt down of the so called garbage aka constitution. There is no pick and choose in a legal system...either implement it or throw it in to the garbage bin where it belongs.

It will be a federation with all groups and sub groups administering themselves and proportionally represented at the federal level...or Geographical Federation with emphasis on cultural identity preservation (not politicizing identity) or else the rest is just nonsense and wasting time and resources.

Ijjeto is another arm of the mencha knight.. aka Jawar and, hopefully he will pull some strings to see thru the Sidamas' plight.
Your logic is right but the true story is totally diffferent, Sidama agreed to be part of the collision of Southerns and all the money budgeted to all southerns were poured to Awasa city in the name of all southerns but after the city developed the Sidama wants it by themselves not with the other southern ethnics. So, Sidama is not honest about the whole situation had Awasa was remote farm land they may not ask to be self Kilil. If the last 27 years was dark for them, how did Awasa and all the projects including the industrial park created and why they are asking their own kilil now the Woyane constitution???
Aite Halafi,

The sidama conundrum is the bellwether of what is to come very soon in the Ethiopian political landscape. Given the opportunity and the conducive environment prevailing in the country to promote politics solely based on identity, every little village eventually will put a request to be a killil. This idea is fully supported by the current constitution and I am not sure if there is any way around it ...unless of course constitutional amendment. This will go counter to TPLF over zealous pretension of defender of the constitution.

Like you said, once the Sidamas saw that Hawassa is developed with shared resources of over 30 million people, they want to claim it as their own. Do you not see the parallel between their claim and what is claimed by the "kegna" movement over Addis? I also need to remind you that in multiples of your posts, you openly advocated for TPLF to shift resources of the Country to Tigrai before calling for the 39th. So I kinda found it hypocritical for you to negate the Sidamas' quest.

As you perfectly pointed out before, Hawassa was initially founded by none other than the great grandson of Emperor Yohannes during the reign of Hailesilassie. The City however, grew in leaps and bounds in the past two decades to became one of the beautiful multi cultural cities in the country. Its development has a lot to do with its being the melting pot of Ethiopians and, its location. It has been considered as one of the most frequented gate away internal tourist destination. However, it is turning in to a ghost town because of the Ijjetos and the greedy narrow minded politicians. It will be reduced in to nothing if the lawlessness continues unabated and, when the people who made it what it is leave the City once status is declared as only for Sidamas'. Case in point.. Harar and Dire dawa and how fast they down-spiraled.

It isn't the Sidamas' quest per se that is the problem. It rather is the TPLF/OLF/EPLF crafted supreme legal document of the county that you call the constitution. You may want to not accept the facts but, it still doesn't make the argument false. I argue for the full implementation of the constitution not because I believe it is the best legal document, but rather for it will bare naked the danger of politics of ethnicity, thereby leading the nation to come to an honest discussion as to how to move forward.

Sam Ebalalehu
Member
Posts: 995
Joined: 23 Jun 2018, 21:29

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 25 Apr 2019, 13:09

To say the demands of the Sidama “activists” is the desire of the the Sidama people is disingenuous. That lie have been repeated for the last half century over different geographical areas of Ethiopia, and some people seemed to have believed it as a fact. There were no Oromos secessionist movements. The Oromonega speaking Ethiopians spread all over Ethiopia. But the Wellega oromo activists , taking a clue from their German missionary guidance, principally chosen to be the spokespersons of the Oromo desires. But there was was no such thing. The Oromos desire was the desires of Amharas, Gurages, Tigres , Welaytas and so on : To create a better Ethiopia in which the future Ethiopians will have a better life than the current ones. The multiplication of the new ethnic politics pimps whether it is from the Amhara, Sidama, or Silte it is not to promote the interest of the people in whose name that they claim to fight. It is a new business.

Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 1381
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 25 Apr 2019, 13:36

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 13:09
To say the demands of the Sidama “activists” is the desire of the the Sidama people is disingenuous. That lie have been repeated for the last half century over different geographical areas of Ethiopia, and some people seemed to have believed it as a fact. There were no Oromos secessionist movements. The Oromonega speaking Ethiopians spread all over Ethiopia. But the Wellega oromo activists , taking a clue from their German missionary guidance, principally chosen to be the spokespersons of the Oromo desires. But there was was no such thing. The Oromos desire was the desires of Amharas, Gurages, Tigres , Welaytas and so on : To create a better Ethiopia in which the future Ethiopians will have a better life than the current ones. The multiplication of the new ethnic politics pimps whether it is from the Amhara, Sidama, or Silte it is not to promote the interest of the people in whose name that they claim to fight. It is a new business.
Sam, you are one of the very few reasonable ones on this forum and, your says are important.

You only have pointed the problems which we all agree on. A few elites from different groups consider themselves the de facto leaders of their kin and, spew venomous discourse in the already fragile political atmosphere. Now the problems seem to have been growing exponentially while the solution arithmetical. It isn't like most of us didn't advocate for unity of the country with a merit based system and, special protections of cultural heritages. However, the system brought to life by TPLF long 27 years ago, is still there and, some at the helm are basking in it. We may all call out the spoilers and the detractors until the cow comes home. However, I have yet to see meaningful and workable solutions to be forwarded for us to debate on.

We, as citizens of one of the poorest nations in the world, have for the most part same aspirations regardless of our ethnic heritage. However, I am not sure if I can say same with certainty with the people who are supposedly leading the country. PM AA is our best option as it seems for now, to move the discussion in the right direction. We also should not be denying the glaring fact that by the flaws of the very political structure that he is governing with, his hands are tied. He has to answer to two masters whose priority is intrinsically contradictory. What can we do to break the impasse?

Portlandia
Member
Posts: 1057
Joined: 31 May 2016, 08:56

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by Portlandia » 25 Apr 2019, 13:51

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 12:26
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:26
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:09
It is mind boggling why the Sidamas and others are not allowed to have their own Region...per the constitution. If the Hararis with only 16k people can form a kilil, any other tribal groups should be able too..lol This is the complete melt down of the so called garbage aka constitution. There is no pick and choose in a legal system...either implement it or throw it in to the garbage bin where it belongs.

It will be a federation with all groups and sub groups administering themselves and proportionally represented at the federal level...or Geographical Federation with emphasis on cultural identity preservation (not politicizing identity) or else the rest is just nonsense and wasting time and resources.

Ijjeto is another arm of the mencha knight.. aka Jawar and, hopefully he will pull some strings to see thru the Sidamas' plight.
Your logic is right but the true story is totally diffferent, Sidama agreed to be part of the collision of Southerns and all the money budgeted to all southerns were poured to Awasa city in the name of all southerns but after the city developed the Sidama wants it by themselves not with the other southern ethnics. So, Sidama is not honest about the whole situation had Awasa was remote farm land they may not ask to be self Kilil. If the last 27 years was dark for them, how did Awasa and all the projects including the industrial park created and why they are asking their own kilil now the Woyane constitution???
Aite Halafi,

The sidama conundrum is the bellwether of what is to come very soon in the Ethiopian political landscape. Given the opportunity and the conducive environment prevailing in the country to promote politics solely based on identity, every little village eventually will put a request to be a killil. This idea is fully supported by the current constitution and I am not sure if there is any way around it ...unless of course constitutional amendment. This will go counter to TPLF over zealous pretension of defender of the constitution.

Like you said, once the Sidamas saw that Hawassa is developed with shared resources of over 30 million people, they want to claim it as their own. Do you not see the parallel between their claim and what is claimed by the "kegna" movement over Addis? I also need to remind you that in multiples of your posts, you openly advocated for TPLF to shift resources of the Country to Tigrai before calling for the 39th. So I kinda found it hypocritical for you to negate the Sidamas' quest.

As you perfectly pointed out before, Hawassa was initially founded by none other than the great grandson of Emperor Yohannes during the reign of Hailesilassie. The City however, grew in leaps and bounds in the past two decades to became one of the beautiful multi cultural cities in the country. Its development has a lot to do with its being the melting pot of Ethiopians and, its location. It has been considered as one of the most frequented gate away internal tourist destination. However, it is turning in to a ghost town because of the Ijjetos and the greedy narrow minded politicians. It will be reduced in to nothing if the lawlessness continues unabated and, when the people who made it what it is leave the City once status is declared as only for Sidamas'. Case in point.. Harar and Dire dawa and how fast they down-spiraled.

It isn't the Sidamas' quest per se that is the problem. It rather is the TPLF/OLF/EPLF crafted supreme legal document of the county that you call the constitution. You may want to not accept the facts but, it still doesn't make the argument false. I argue for the full implementation of the constitution not because I believe it is the best legal document, but rather for it will bare naked the danger of politics of ethnicity, thereby leading the nation to come to an honest discussion as to how to move forward.
Look at this f*ck, when did you build Harar? Actually you’re right Harar was built on the skulls of your dead ancestors, their bones still fresh. Oh I remember it like yesterday when your family were taken as slaves to Arabia and with that money the walls of harar was built. What a great history I think you should brag about it, more on here. Your people are not builders but mules, an embarrassment to humanity

Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 1381
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 25 Apr 2019, 14:26

Portlandia wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 13:51
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 12:26
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:26
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:09
It is mind boggling why the Sidamas and others are not allowed to have their own Region...per the constitution. If the Hararis with only 16k people can form a kilil, any other tribal groups should be able too..lol This is the complete melt down of the so called garbage aka constitution. There is no pick and choose in a legal system...either implement it or throw it in to the garbage bin where it belongs.

It will be a federation with all groups and sub groups administering themselves and proportionally represented at the federal level...or Geographical Federation with emphasis on cultural identity preservation (not politicizing identity) or else the rest is just nonsense and wasting time and resources.

Ijjeto is another arm of the mencha knight.. aka Jawar and, hopefully he will pull some strings to see thru the Sidamas' plight.
Your logic is right but the true story is totally diffferent, Sidama agreed to be part of the collision of Southerns and all the money budgeted to all southerns were poured to Awasa city in the name of all southerns but after the city developed the Sidama wants it by themselves not with the other southern ethnics. So, Sidama is not honest about the whole situation had Awasa was remote farm land they may not ask to be self Kilil. If the last 27 years was dark for them, how did Awasa and all the projects including the industrial park created and why they are asking their own kilil now the Woyane constitution???
Aite Halafi,

The sidama conundrum is the bellwether of what is to come very soon in the Ethiopian political landscape. Given the opportunity and the conducive environment prevailing in the country to promote politics solely based on identity, every little village eventually will put a request to be a killil. This idea is fully supported by the current constitution and I am not sure if there is any way around it ...unless of course constitutional amendment. This will go counter to TPLF over zealous pretension of defender of the constitution.

Like you said, once the Sidamas saw that Hawassa is developed with shared resources of over 30 million people, they want to claim it as their own. Do you not see the parallel between their claim and what is claimed by the "kegna" movement over Addis? I also need to remind you that in multiples of your posts, you openly advocated for TPLF to shift resources of the Country to Tigrai before calling for the 39th. So I kinda found it hypocritical for you to negate the Sidamas' quest.

As you perfectly pointed out before, Hawassa was initially founded by none other than the great grandson of Emperor Yohannes during the reign of Hailesilassie. The City however, grew in leaps and bounds in the past two decades to became one of the beautiful multi cultural cities in the country. Its development has a lot to do with its being the melting pot of Ethiopians and, its location. It has been considered as one of the most frequented gate away internal tourist destination. However, it is turning in to a ghost town because of the Ijjetos and the greedy narrow minded politicians. It will be reduced in to nothing if the lawlessness continues unabated and, when the people who made it what it is leave the City once status is declared as only for Sidamas'. Case in point.. Harar and Dire dawa and how fast they down-spiraled.

It isn't the Sidamas' quest per se that is the problem. It rather is the TPLF/OLF/EPLF crafted supreme legal document of the county that you call the constitution. You may want to not accept the facts but, it still doesn't make the argument false. I argue for the full implementation of the constitution not because I believe it is the best legal document, but rather for it will bare naked the danger of politics of ethnicity, thereby leading the nation to come to an honest discussion as to how to move forward.
Look at this f*ck, when did you build Harar? Actually you’re right Harar was built on the skulls of your dead ancestors, their bones still fresh. Oh I remember it like yesterday when your family were taken as slaves to Arabia and with that money the walls of harar was built. What a great history I think you should brag about it, more on here. Your people are not builders but mules, an embarrassment to humanity
The battle of CheleQo took only 30 minutes and, the rest is what we still are living with. :mrgreen: Please let's not go there. Three decades after the occupation of TPLF and its satellite slaves, the City is getting water supply once every two months. :lol: :lol: I can understand if you are talking about embezzlement of public funds at the grand scale to just renovate the Ras Mekonnen hall, now renamed as Galma Emir Nur.. :lol: ain't that a building you got built by those you alleged to have chopped their skulls? You should erect a statue like anolle for them.

I do admire the ingenuity of the people who built the wall that still is standing to protect the city from the surrounding Oromo invaders. I give credit where it is due and, of course speak the truth as evidenced by written historical accounts. The majestic house of the great traveler Arthur Rimbaud is also something significant to talk about too as a historical relic.

I don't descend down low and talk about you know, the organic sewage system and all that :lol: :lol: the walled part of the city is known for ..I ain't like you who is quick to run a foul mouth :mrgreen: The mules are useful animals too... :mrgreen:

Portlandia
Member
Posts: 1057
Joined: 31 May 2016, 08:56

Re: COMMUNIQUE: Sidama people rejects Abiy's typically habesha machiavellian plots to derail Sidama Self-rule.

Post by Portlandia » 25 Apr 2019, 15:32

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 14:26
Portlandia wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 13:51
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 12:26
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:26
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 20:09
It is mind boggling why the Sidamas and others are not allowed to have their own Region...per the constitution. If the Hararis with only 16k people can form a kilil, any other tribal groups should be able too..lol This is the complete melt down of the so called garbage aka constitution. There is no pick and choose in a legal system...either implement it or throw it in to the garbage bin where it belongs.

It will be a federation with all groups and sub groups administering themselves and proportionally represented at the federal level...or Geographical Federation with emphasis on cultural identity preservation (not politicizing identity) or else the rest is just nonsense and wasting time and resources.

Ijjeto is another arm of the mencha knight.. aka Jawar and, hopefully he will pull some strings to see thru the Sidamas' plight.
Your logic is right but the true story is totally diffferent, Sidama agreed to be part of the collision of Southerns and all the money budgeted to all southerns were poured to Awasa city in the name of all southerns but after the city developed the Sidama wants it by themselves not with the other southern ethnics. So, Sidama is not honest about the whole situation had Awasa was remote farm land they may not ask to be self Kilil. If the last 27 years was dark for them, how did Awasa and all the projects including the industrial park created and why they are asking their own kilil now the Woyane constitution???
Aite Halafi,

The sidama conundrum is the bellwether of what is to come very soon in the Ethiopian political landscape. Given the opportunity and the conducive environment prevailing in the country to promote politics solely based on identity, every little village eventually will put a request to be a killil. This idea is fully supported by the current constitution and I am not sure if there is any way around it ...unless of course constitutional amendment. This will go counter to TPLF over zealous pretension of defender of the constitution.

Like you said, once the Sidamas saw that Hawassa is developed with shared resources of over 30 million people, they want to claim it as their own. Do you not see the parallel between their claim and what is claimed by the "kegna" movement over Addis? I also need to remind you that in multiples of your posts, you openly advocated for TPLF to shift resources of the Country to Tigrai before calling for the 39th. So I kinda found it hypocritical for you to negate the Sidamas' quest.

As you perfectly pointed out before, Hawassa was initially founded by none other than the great grandson of Emperor Yohannes during the reign of Hailesilassie. The City however, grew in leaps and bounds in the past two decades to became one of the beautiful multi cultural cities in the country. Its development has a lot to do with its being the melting pot of Ethiopians and, its location. It has been considered as one of the most frequented gate away internal tourist destination. However, it is turning in to a ghost town because of the Ijjetos and the greedy narrow minded politicians. It will be reduced in to nothing if the lawlessness continues unabated and, when the people who made it what it is leave the City once status is declared as only for Sidamas'. Case in point.. Harar and Dire dawa and how fast they down-spiraled.

It isn't the Sidamas' quest per se that is the problem. It rather is the TPLF/OLF/EPLF crafted supreme legal document of the county that you call the constitution. You may want to not accept the facts but, it still doesn't make the argument false. I argue for the full implementation of the constitution not because I believe it is the best legal document, but rather for it will bare naked the danger of politics of ethnicity, thereby leading the nation to come to an honest discussion as to how to move forward.
Look at this f*ck, when did you build Harar? Actually you’re right Harar was built on the skulls of your dead ancestors, their bones still fresh. Oh I remember it like yesterday when your family were taken as slaves to Arabia and with that money the walls of harar was built. What a great history I think you should brag about it, more on here. Your people are not builders but mules, an embarrassment to humanity
The battle of CheleQo took only 30 minutes and, the rest is what we still are living with. :mrgreen: Please let's not go there. Three decades after the occupation of TPLF and its satellite slaves, the City is getting water supply once every two months. :lol: :lol: I can understand if you are talking about embezzlement of public funds at the grand scale to just renovate the Ras Mekonnen hall, now renamed as Galma Emir Nur.. :lol: ain't that a building you got built by those you alleged to have chopped their skulls? You should erect a statue like anolle for them.

I do admire the ingenuity of the people who built the wall that still is standing to protect the city from the surrounding Oromo invaders. I give credit where it is due and, of course speak the truth as evidenced by written historical accounts. The majestic house of the great traveler Arthur Rimbaud is also something significant to talk about too as a historical relic.

I don't descend down low and talk about you know, the organic sewage system and all that :lol: :lol: the walled part of the city is known for ..I ain't like you who is quick to run a foul mouth :mrgreen: The mules are useful animals too... :mrgreen:
The information you’re gathering on the conditions of harar is useless to you since it doesn’t concern you at all. These issues are for the natives that includes oromo. Before tplf Ethiopia was still an embarrassment to the world, everyone know this.Do you see why tigrayans and many others would rather side with oromo then someone who wants to claim their homelands like a parasite? Do you know why jawar went to harar and said hararis own the land? It’s very clear oromo was egged on by abyssinians to cause trouble in harar and he realized this

Post Reply