Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Will TPLF ever be able to "regain" power in Ethiopia again?

Post by DefendTheTruth » 19 Apr 2019, 10:42

I think TPLF is not yet dethroned like many people try to imply in their comments and endless "analyses" but I do agree that it is no more in the driver's seat like it used over the last quarter of a century in our country. But it is also clear that they are still co-decider at the highest level with regard to all important political issues in the country today, like on issues relating to the current ethnic based "federal system".

Worse yet the structural deficit of the EPRDF (the ruling party in the country) gives them a very good opportunity in leveraging their influences in the "collective" decision making process at the party level.

If they somehow manage to ever recapture the state power by any means, we have also many things to remind us our very recent past memory about them and I don't think they ever enjoy that easy ride any more!

Ethiopia: Former jail to become museum

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Will TPLF ever be able to "regain" power in Ethiopia again?

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 19 Apr 2019, 10:55

No ethnic can dominate the country if the country exists because every ethnic is empowered, educated and put a system to run his own if things do not pan out the way the common goal disappears. Tigray does not have any ambition to come to federal and all Tigrayans to serve the vast country the way they did and Tigray was at disadvantage but now everyone is at home and everyone thinks about our own problems and they are confronting them in all directions. Come 5 years from now and see what will look like Tigray if there is no war interruption.
Last edited by Halafi Mengedi on 19 Apr 2019, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 19 Apr 2019, 11:31

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 10:55
No ethnic can dominate the country if the country exists because every ethnic is empowered, educated and put a system to run his own if things do not pan out the way the common goal disappears. Tigray does not have any ambition to come to federal and all Tigrayans to serve the vast country the way they did and Tigray was at disadvantage but now everyone is at home and everyone thinks about our own problems and they are confronting them in all directions. Come 5 years from now and see what will look like Tigray if there is war interruption.
Ato Halafi,

I was talking about TPLF and you are talking about "Tigrayan". So, I thjink we are talking about two different entities and perhaps issues.

If you are planing to put Tigray into the second laboratory of making an African Singapor and thereby succeed then I will be happy for you, mengedun cherk yerglachiw.

EPRDF

Post by EPRDF » 19 Apr 2019, 12:11

Obbo defend,

Why you worry only about TPLF? No ethnic party will ever gain power in Ethiopia from now on, NEVER.
That includes OLF, ONC,OFD,ODP and you name it.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 19 Apr 2019, 13:37

EPRDF wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 12:11
Obbo defend,

Why you worry only about TPLF? No ethnic party will ever gain power in Ethiopia from now on, NEVER.
That includes OLF, ONC,OFD,ODP and you name it.
I don't know about what you are labouring yourself to say but the last time I checked the party currently in power in the country is an entirely ethnic based party. Have you organised yourself around a non-ethnic based party and hoping to challange the power from those ethnic based parties?

If no, which is a logical answers at least upto now, then please keep your "NEVER" back into your pocket when you come here again the next time.

Having said that may I ask if you even tried to open the link i encluded into my post and got a slight impression of what my post was all about? I doubt you did.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 19 Apr 2019, 13:52

I will try to answer. The TPLF of 1991 will never resurrect. It had been buried for good. At that time the three other parties’ politicians were not independent in their thinking. Deviating from the TPLF political orthodoxy was a “carrier” killer to them. Well, we now have a different political calculus. Just to give an obvious example the Amhara faction of EPDRF currently is not run by politicians who call the people they claim to represent “temketegnas.” As for the make- believe that is going on that EPDRF still alive and kicking, it might not change soon. The four parties might need each to have relevance in short run. But in the new alliance TPLF is one of the junior parties. It is hard to come up with a scenario a party that represents the interest of six million Ethiopians out of more than hundred million will have a political dominance again. I would hate to state — like my former sentence implies— that every ethnic politicians think for the very interest of the ethnic group he or she was born from, but EPDRF believes that. Who am I to discredit our political “ geniuses” understanding of Ethiopian political calculus ?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 19 Apr 2019, 14:22

Sam Ebalalehu,

my concern was in fact not much about the political power of TPLF in the future as it was about the scene I saw in the link I included in my first post. It is disheartening to see fellow human being causing such a pain on another fellow human being, it is even worse when you know that this is happening on one's own fellew citizen of a country we all have in common, this is beyond my comprehension, to say the least and for lack of other words.

About TPLF has lost power, have not lost power, would ever come back or not could be explained, I think, by the facts on the ground, which tell us something not that unclear about the issue.

Before two or so days there was a heated discussion in the media about the so called declaration (meglecha) of the EPRDF Central Committe in conclusion of its regular meeting. This is not an easy thing, that is where the future program of the current government is formulated and delegated to the executive, which essentially oversees the implementation of those programs at the government level.

Many people expected the remaining parties would (even without the consent of TPLF) grow up and deliever some taff decisions that would help the country to pull out from the many challanging situation currently the country is in.

Instead they remaind faithful to their usual and ritual chor and we are told with that "don't expect any big thing from us" in the coming and forseable future. They said, "you are left at our mercy and we are EPRDF", in my view at least.

We don't know who played which role and in which direction but it should be clear that at the meeting it was all "business as usual" and this is the highest organ in the country's power structure today. I am not a politician but that is my view on the issue.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 19 Apr 2019, 14:47

DefendTheTruth wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 10:42
I think TPLF is not yet dethroned like many people try to imply in their comments and endless "analyses" but I do agree that it is no more in the driver's seat like it used over the last quarter of a century in our country. But it is also clear that they are still co-decider at the highest level with regard to all important political issues in the country today, like on issues relating to the current ethnic based "federal system".

Worse yet the structural deficit of the EPRDF (the ruling party in the country) gives them a very good opportunity in leveraging their influences in the "collective" decision making process at the party level.

If they somehow manage to ever recapture the state power by any means, we have also many things to remind us our very recent past memory about them and I don't think they ever enjoy that easy ride any more!

Ethiopia: Former jail to become museum
Defend,

Yes, TPLF is no longer dominant in political power but, have their economic influence intact. The speech Dr. Debersion made in that Lemma becoming the Defense Minister show was interesting. The DR seemed to be very hopeful of the future of the country and at the end asked "Chefe Oromia" to do the right thing by bringing back the displaced Tigreans.

My take is TPLF can play a critical role in setting the future of the country. They know the root cause of the problem is youth unemployment. They are trying to deal with it now and have tried to tackle it while at the helm of political power by trying to create jobs for mainly "Tigreans" first and then possibly scaling it up to country level. They succeeded in creating close to 100,000 jobs and close to a million direct and indirect Tigrean beneficiaries. That was documented by someone you apparently loathe for some unknown reason, Ermias Legesse.

Suffice is to say, "EFFORT" & others job creation schemes for "Tigrai first" didn't go well with the rest of Ethiopians; it ended up dislodging them from political power.

The possibility of TPLF coming back to the top depends on how they play their existing "Economic power" from this day forward. Making it inclusive from the get go is a no brainier.

As far as the video you posted, how many "dungeon Museums" we are going to have in the country? We should compensate the victims somehow to be taken care of and move on. Abdi Iley is in prison while Samora and others are rewarded. Go figure!

Cheers!

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 19 Apr 2019, 15:01

How the f**k do you say tplf economy structure is in good shape as if tigray is a country or have it's own currency or resources?
It is surviving from the ethio federal govt coffers just like the rest of the regions.
Yeah may be what it stole from Ethiopia for the last 27 years might last for 6 months the most, but what happens when it all dries out?
You filthy agames can not see beyond your snotthy noses.
You are warned and since you believe that you are invincible with some one's balls, you would be surprised soon when sh*it hits the fan and say "what went wrong here".
It is about time that you start becoming good boys and girls speaking Amharic and be a part of the ethio federal govt taking your percentage of your population size benefit from your mother Ethiopia.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 19 Apr 2019, 15:07

Dawi,

seeing what they have done (or was done under their own auspices of power in the country) with regard to the scenes similar to the video i linked in my first post, an economic miracle that would come from TPLF to benefit Ethiopia is a miniscule for me. Ke fitfitu fitu, yebal yelem?

Debretsion or someone else can make very high pitched rhetoric but the deeds his group has done (will do) make the difference on the ground, and in this regard please refer to the meglacha they gave at the conclusion of the so called EHADIG Meker bet sebseba.

I don't know Ermias Legesse and I have never seen him in my real life and I don't know any significan role he has played or would play in the country and I don't have a clue why I should be concerned about some yeketeme wonbede who became the makers of kings perhaps in order to take care of his big belly (hodam boy, if you like) and I am not sure about how you came to the idea that I loathe him. For what? Please believe me, I am honest with you here, I don't think that he is someone who is a significant figure in the political scene of the country for me.

The inept diaspora is good a making a hero from zero, like we have seen in the case of the likes of Jawar Mohammad before, and now they are harvesting their own making, while I am having fun of the show.

Nagaan, obboleessa.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 19 Apr 2019, 15:13

Cigar wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 15:01
How the f**k do you say tplf economy structure is in good shape as if tigray is a country or have it's own currency or resources?
It is surviving from the ethio federal govt coffers just like the rest of the regions.
Yeah may be what it stole from Ethiopia for the last 27 years might last for 6 months the most, but what happens when it all dries out?
You filthy agames can not see beyond your snotthy noses.
Cigar,

It begs the question, whether TPLF is still part of EPRDF? I say it is!

The last time I checked the largest business conglomerate in Ethiopia is EFFORT.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 19 Apr 2019, 15:43

DefendTheTruth wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 15:07
I don't know Ermias Legesse and I have never seen him in my real life and I don't know any significan role he has played or would play in the country and I don't have a clue why I should be concerned about some yeketeme wonbede who became the makers of kings perhaps in order to take care of his big belly (hodam boy, if you like) and I am not sure about how you came to the idea that I loathe him. For what? Please believe me, I am honest with you here, I don't think that he is someone who is a significant figure in the political scene of the country for me.
Defend,

On ESAT's Ermias, I go with Horus on that. He is the best Ethiopian Political Analyst today from inside EPRDF and out.

That is what I mean; you just went as far as insulting him for nothing; that was what I am questioning. Him, Eskinder and Tedros (Reyot) are the bomb!

I happen to like the volatile Jawar too! He is not just an "ethnic demagogue" but, a knowledgeable analyst. He gets carried away sometimes; we also see him coming back to reality quick and correcting himself in action.

His defense of Eskinder & counsel was case in point.

Wordpad

Post by Wordpad » 04 Jan 2024, 19:36

Abiye Ahmed genocide Tigray