Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2019, 08:53

I just listed, what the people's priorities are. How they're achieved- yes- it's another story altogether.

The trust issue isn't easy to gauge, because opinion polls are not taken in Eritrea. So you might, or might not be right.

Zack

Post by Zack » 15 Apr 2019, 09:20

Opinion polls can be held in the diaspora. I don't think western democracy can work in Eritrea ,atleast not liberal democracy freedom of lgtb and what not since it's a more conservative society . What's important is economic change transparency and to some extend individual freedom. I think these are the most important things. Human capital is most important asset. If the govt doesn't use it's people to uplift the economy especially with a very young population such as Eritrea.

Dr Zackovich

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 15 Apr 2019, 09:41

Zacky,
Did you say " western democracy " doesn't work in Eritrea? How do we know if we haven't tried it?
How about voting with your feet aka African migration? That seems to be working.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 15 Apr 2019, 12:55

Doctor Zackarov,
Of course the Eritrean people deserve change from these savage tyrants and the zombie stooges.

YAY

Post by YAY » 22 Apr 2019, 00:16

Dear Zack: Yes, political change is necessary in Eritrea

I don't know what you mean/understand by political change in general, or in Eritrea. The formation of the Eritrean republic needs to be completed, and PFDJ and Issaias Afwerki are not against it. It is obvious that preparations need to be made, and each effort demands time. In addition, Eritrea-Ethiopia agreements need to be approved by the Eritrean Parliament and peace consolidated by the Government of Eritrea. I believe change is coming, though not all at once.
Zack wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 06:54
Or is the current path the right way now I am not the one fixated on wedi afoms rule . Whether positive or negative but what needs to be done is some change because politicial preperation is needed. Because with out change the unexpected can happen. Now I don't believe what happend to Sudan or Libya can happen Eritrea because these are Arab States. Eritrea is not an Arab country. So my question is what kind of change can we expect and what kind of change do Eritreans want.

Dr Zackovich

Zack

Post by Zack » 22 Apr 2019, 17:32

That's why an Eritrean parliament needs to be established real fast.. the badme case was the whole conflict. How long has it been almost a year. Since Ethiopia and Eritrea made official peace.

Dr Zackovich