Abe Abraham
Member+

Re: Amhara = Agew! Two sides of the same coin

Post by Abe Abraham » 13 Apr 2019, 21:00

EPRDF wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 19:50
Abe Abraham wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 19:42
Agew is a name given to Amhara warriors by an english explorer.

AGEW = WEGA
Agaw and their Zagew dynasty were there at that corner of our world since time immemorial. So which explorer you are talking about?
I thought you have a sense of humour. There are Agews in Tigray and Amhara lands.

EPRDF

Post by EPRDF » 13 Apr 2019, 21:25

I thought you have a sense of humour. There are Agews in Tigray and Amhara lands.
Yes I know that what is your point. Agaws are not living only in Amhara and Tigray lands, but they also live inside Eritrea too.Trace of history records indicates that Blen Ethnics of Eritrea are descendants of the medieval time the once great Agaw. Actually we wrong to say that they are living in Amhara and Tigray land, these Amhara Tigray lands we call it may belong to Agaws. They are indigenous, aboriginal people in that area. They are living in their ancestral homeland.

Abe Abraham
Member+

Post by Abe Abraham » 13 Apr 2019, 21:52

EPRDF wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 21:25
Yes I know that what is your point. Agaws are not living only in Amhara and Tigray lands, but they also live inside Eritrea too.Trace of history records indicates that Blen Ethnics of Eritrea are descendants of the medieval time the once great Agaw. Actually we wrong to say that they are living in Amhara and Tigray land, these Amhara Tigray lands we call it may belong to Agaws. They are indigenous, aboriginal people in that area. They are living in their ancestral homeland.
I was trying to correct your wrong understanding of the Agew in their pure state both culturally and ethnically.

Zack

Post by Zack » 14 Apr 2019, 07:47

Agew are not Amara and amara are not agew . Ages Are separate ethnic group with own language and culture they live with amhara in gojam. They are also found in Eritrea as billen agew are mostly hated by habasha because of queen Judith.

Dr Zackovich

Za Dengel

Post by Za Dengel » 14 Apr 2019, 11:41

EPRDF wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 19:38
Za Dengel wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 09:18
EPRDF wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 14:44
To say Agew is Amhara is wrong, it is the opposite..Amhara is Agew.

Amhara is an ethnic group that transformed itself from Agew/Tigre and Oromo mixture to today's Amhara. It is a group or a collection of christian elements of these groups and later further incorporated the rest in the south through assimilation.

That is why always controversy arouse whenever talks begun about Amhara national identity.

My thorough research on Amhara ethnic origin led me to the conclusion that Amhara should not even be a member in the house of Semitic linguistic groups. Amhara belongs more to Cushitics linguistics circles like Agaw, Kambata and Oromo. Amharic just borrowed and added Semetic words from Tigre, Guraghe, Adere and Argoba and claims to be Semitic, which is a wrong perception that needs to be rectified.

Amhara's DNA would defenitely matchs that of Agaw and Oromo. No doubt.
Uneducated galla,

The fusion theory is not accepted by credible scholars anymore. Amara directly descended from a group who spoke proto Amaraign-Argobba language. Later on Amara mixed and assimilated others but so did Tigrean or Oromo or Agew.

Oromo ppl nowadays are mixture of Oromo, Amara, Harari, Gafat, Gurage, Sidama, Hadiya, etc... But this doesn’t mean the first Oromo were mixure of this ppl.
Wendime Za Dengel,

Calling me Gala does not purify your Oromo/Agaw blood from your vein.

There is no such a thing called Amhara as an ethnic. There might be existence of a pocket of first Agaw transformed Amharas lived in sayint centuries ago but they are all gone, vanished long ago. Today you and almost all of you Amharas are descendents of Agaw/Oromo and Tigre respectively and that will be determined based on you geographical location.

Accept your Oromo/Agaw heritage, accept what your are and live with it. You will earn a peace of mind at the end. Trust me on this.
[/quote]
If there is no Amara ethnic group then there is also no Tigrean, Oromo, etc ethnic groups. But this isn’t true. Amara have their own distinct language, culture and identity which are different from Tigrean, Oromo, etc ones. Yes there are many Amara who are largely descendants of Agew, Tigrean, Oromo, etc. But there are some who are descendants of the original Amara and those original Amara descended largely from proto Amarigna-Argobba language speakers and this group further descended largely from proto Transversal south Ethiopic speakers and this group descended largely from proto south EthioSemitic speakers and this group largely descended from proto EthioSemitic speakers and this group descended from proto Semitic speakers.

Semitic originated in Ethiopia and the claim that Semitic came to Ethiopia from outside and mixed with Agew and other Cushitic/Omotic languages to create Amarigna in specific and EthioSemitic languages in general is wrong.

Telomerase

Post by Telomerase » 14 Apr 2019, 11:59

Guys,

Qimant talk, dance and live like amharas. They are some of rich culturally endowed amharas like all Agews are. The amharas are very comprehensive groups.

Axumawi
Member+

Post by Axumawi » 14 Apr 2019, 17:00

Telomerase wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 11:59
Guys,

Qimant talk, dance and live like amharas.
This has to be the funniest I have heard lately.

From Isayas doing Hindu dance to you writing this..you folks are amazing.

Does Bilen talk, dance and live like Hamasien too? lol

Very elementary math..

Qimanti met both Oromo and Amhara at Gonder.
Gonder was capital for 300 years
Give yourself 200 years and add to it.

Qimanti did not know Oromo or Amhara 600 years ago from Adam.

Axumawi
Member+

Post by Axumawi » 14 Apr 2019, 17:11

Abe Abraham wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 21:52
EPRDF wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 21:25
I was trying to correct your wrong understanding of the Agew in their pure state both culturally and ethnically.
You are wasting your time, that kind of logical thinking and naming in time and space, does not work with Ethiopians.

Oromo is direct and immediate descendant of Adam and Eve
Amhara is direct and immediate descendant of Adam and Eve

The competition is who is older and who is younger of the two childrens of Adam and Eve.
If they are twins, they will still compete as to who came out first from Eve herself. lol

There are 7 Agews in their unadulterated form this time. The rest have all become other peoples, not Agew anymore.

mollamo

Post by mollamo » 14 Apr 2019, 19:53

Can any one define Amhara and tell me where Amhara comes from? is there a tribe called Amhara in history?

Axumawi
Member+

Post by Axumawi » 14 Apr 2019, 20:01

mollamo wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 19:53
Can any one define Amhara and tell me where Amhara comes from? is there a tribe called Amhara in history?
That is dangerous and most difficult question.