Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Telomerase

EAL is not only Eth. Pride, but also African, the credit goes

Post by Telomerase » 13 Mar 2019, 23:33

to the people who labor at EAL for wages that are not in par with the international market. Most airlines fail because of high operating costs. Labor cost for EAL is very low. Connecting African cities is the mission of the company. That is awesome. The risk for EAL is, maybe it is expanding, at this rate is too fast and too high. The company must be highly leveraged. Those brand airplanes such as the dreamliner and even the 737 Max series cost a lot of money. Hopefully, passenger demand remains the same for the airline is a real pride for the people of Ethiopia.

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: EAL is not only Eth. Pride, but also African, the credit goes

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 14 Mar 2019, 00:05

Telomerase, you make my day. Thank you. This is my argument: we all Africans should be proud of our best performance. EAL is one of our best performance. Yes, one could accuse me that I value EAL more than it worth because I am an Ethiopian. That statment is half true. I would be way overjoyed if any African country has the reputation EAL has. Guys, the Boeing 738, whatever the number stopped flying all over the world because the world believes in EAL first rate performance.

info

Re: EAL is not only Eth. Pride, but also African, the credit goes

Post by info » 14 Mar 2019, 04:56

Telomerase wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 23:33
to the people who labor at EAL for wages that are not in par with the international market. Most airlines fail because of high operating costs. Labor cost for EAL is very low. Connecting African cities is the mission of the company. That is awesome. The risk for EAL is, maybe it is expanding, at this rate is too fast and too high. The company must be highly leveraged. Those brand airplanes such as the dreamliner and even the 737 Max series cost a lot of money. Hopefully, passenger demand remains the same for the airline is a real pride for the people of Ethiopia.
You are 100% right. Nice to hear this from our our neighbors.