Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

The Mindless Menace of Compliance

Post by teodroseIII » 07 Feb 2019, 18:48

Two days ago, I made a resolution and swore that I would not partake in the absurdity of the State of the Union address. Rather than indulging indignity, I took the occasion to share my story in an attempt to encourage more people to have heartfelt conversations instead of bludgeoning each other with partisan cudgels. After publishing my article, I was determined to not succumb to temptation; I refused to flip on the television and watch the kabuki dance that was poisoning the public airwaves.

I was proud of myself; not only did I not watch the carnival in Congress, I barely talked about it that evening. Alas, my success story ran head first into a wall of speculation and post-game analysis that flooded my social media newsfeed the ensuing morning. One post in general repulsed me to no end, I gad reflex induced by a picture of Nancy Pelosi “clapping back and throwing shade” at Trump shared by a friend—my break from fatuous politics lasted less than 12 hours. Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!

This feeling of distaste—prodded by two political septuagenarians and supposed leaders of “the free world” acting like extras on the Jersey Shore—only magnified throughout the day. I took to Twitter to vent my spleen and waged a relentless campaign against this ongoing disintegration of civility. One tweet led to another; each one more acerbic than the one that preceded it. By the time I arrived home, whatever optimism I stored up as a consequence of writing about my journey from hardship to renewal dissipated. As I reveled in spite, I was unwittingly diminishing my spirit.

This morning, I woke up ready to go all in like a gambler in Vegas—I was itching to loosen a blowtorch and incinerate the entire media-politico complex. I told my wife about my plans and how I was going to take a sledgehammer to Trump, Pelosi, Democrats, Republicans and the...continued...

Read full article at: https://ghionjournal.com/mindless-menace-compliance/

Gual Mekelle

Re: The Mindless Menace of Compliance

Post by Gual Mekelle » 08 Feb 2019, 02:57

why dont you write about the injustice of massive arrest of our tigray leaders by dictator abey so we can respect you.

teodroseIII

Re: The Mindless Menace of Compliance

Post by teodroseIII » 08 Feb 2019, 15:55

When and if Abiy comes after Tigray people the same way TPLF assassinated Ethiopians and harassed the people, I will be the first one to speak out and condemn Abiy. But I shall cry no crocodile tears for the arrest of the very people who were unleashing hell for 27 years against ALL OF OUR PEOPLE, including our Tigray haweys and hafteys.