Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo

Why was Debretsion invited to the Um Hajer-Gondar border opening

Post by justo » 11 Jan 2019, 16:39

It is obvious that Abiy has no jurisdiction over Tigrai. He cannot implement any policy or collect federal tax there. Abiy shouldn't fraternalise with Debretsion unless Debretsion acknowledges Abiy's rule and starts paying tax. Debretsion cannot have it both ways, rebel and still get to come to dinner.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Why was Debretsion invited to the Um Hajer-Gondar border opening

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 11 Jan 2019, 17:05

Because Omni Hajor, Gash Setit and Tessenne are pure Tigray lands, there is a document the Italian asked permission Tigray to use the areas for domestic grazing until they left and Eritrea became part of Ethiopia.
Last edited by Halafi Mengedi on 11 Jan 2019, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 11 Jan 2019, 17:27

Info, I don't think he's the real boss but just a front.

While he was in Omhajer, for instance, ppl were calling PM Abyi names & recently blocked military trucks.

I think they're playing the game of, "good cop- bad cop"!

justo

Post by justo » 11 Jan 2019, 17:56

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 17:05
Because Omni Hajor, Gash Setit and Tessenne are pure Tigray lands, there is a document the Italian asked permission Tigray to use the areas for domestic grazing until the left and Eritrea became part of Ethiopia.
I didn't expect he would dare to show up, in case the yellow helicopter makes a landing.

Wasn't it around that very same area the criminal Kinfe Dagnew was apprehended?

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 11 Jan 2019, 18:12

justo wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 16:39
It is obvious that Abiy has no jurisdiction over Tigrai. He cannot implement any policy or collect federal tax there. Abiy shouldn't fraternalise with Debretsion unless Debretsion acknowledges Abiy's rule and starts paying tax. Debretsion cannot have it both ways, rebel and still get to come to dinner.
He has more right to be there than you funny man coming here now and then with your trash.

justo

Post by justo » 11 Jan 2019, 18:16

I think Eritrea should guarantee the integrity of the corridor, I don't think the hooligans that were calling Abiy and Gedu Leba would dare to attack an Eritrea registered truck

Cartmann

Post by Cartmann » 11 Jan 2019, 19:47

Brother Justo,

I think it is obvious you can't ignore the region that borders both Eritrea and the Amhara region. Pragmatism is more important in politics than emotion. For us it does't change anything. But for Ethiopia it is important because the actions of the TPLf militias is drawing the country closer to conflict. Rightly, PM Abby has chosen patience than action over Tigray region. If conflict starts between the federal government and the reneged region Tigray, things will get ugly. It refreshes the need of the other Ethiopians to avenge on TPLF militias, and certainly the anger can radiate towards the people of Tigray. PM Abby needs to balance it carefully. He is being criticized for applying double standard, i.e while he is taking military actions in other regions, he is restraining himself from taking action on Tigray region. He should be careful because that can degrade the popular support he enjoys. So inviting Debretsion was logical. He knows the direction that Tigray is following leads to disaster, Addy and Isaias know the conflict with Tigray region can go out of control. Who know it can even develop to genocide with all the hate. So this is one attempt to diffuse things. It is upto the Tigray region now to confuse patience with weakness, or cooperate in moving forward.

justo

Post by justo » 12 Jan 2019, 02:08

Cartmann wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 19:47
Brother Justo,

I think it is obvious you can't ignore the region that borders both Eritrea and the Amhara region. Pragmatism is more important in politics than emotion. For us it does't change anything. But for Ethiopia it is important because the actions of the TPLf militias is drawing the country closer to conflict. Rightly, PM Abby has chosen patience than action over Tigray region. If conflict starts between the federal government and the reneged region Tigray, things will get ugly. It refreshes the need of the other Ethiopians to avenge on TPLF militias, and certainly the anger can radiate towards the people of Tigray. PM Abby needs to balance it carefully. He is being criticized for applying double standard, i.e while he is taking military actions in other regions, he is restraining himself from taking action on Tigray region. He should be careful because that can degrade the popular support he enjoys. So inviting Debretsion was logical. He knows the direction that Tigray is following leads to disaster, Addy and Isaias know the conflict with Tigray region can go out of control. Who know it can even develop to genocide with all the hate. So this is one attempt to diffuse things. It is upto the Tigray region now to confuse patience with weakness, or cooperate in moving forward.
I agree with you brother Cartmann. Pragmatism is good policy, and patience gold. What we are seeing today is a cat and mouse game, I don't think there will a war in the region in the foreseeable future, TPLF is gradually watering down the effects of Game Over, and Isaiais and Abiy need to guarantee the integrity of Game Over and enforce its perimeters. I don't think Debretsion will much except foam for few days if he was to be disrespected, he more than anybody else knows the gravity of his crimes

eden

Post by eden » 12 Jan 2019, 11:07

i think aforqi wants tplf in mequelle (and not in addis). for him, as long as tplf exists within its region, it's a force for peace and stability of his reime. there are forces in the rest of ethiopia that dream of navy without sea. this is a potential threat.

tplf, unlike some in Ethiopia, doesn't have designs on aseb masawa. aforqi appreciates that. that's why debretsion is an asset from Aforq's perspective.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 12 Jan 2019, 11:21

eden wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 11:07
i think aforqi wants tplf in mequelle (and not in addis). for him, as long as tplf exists within its region, it's a force for peace and stability of his reime. there are forces in the rest of ethiopia that dream of navy without sea. this is a potential threat.

tplf, unlike some in Ethiopia, doesn't have designs on aseb masawa. aforqi appreciates that. that's why debretsion is an asset from Aforq's perspective.
You think you're being smart here but those you plan to outsmart will be insulted. A very typical TPLF cadre nature of course!

euroland

Post by euroland » 12 Jan 2019, 11:27

Halafi Adgi
I heard the moon is also part of Tigray.
This greedness and always wanting someone's property or land is why you Agames are hated and hunted liked a rabbis dog all over East Africa and surrounded by arch enemies in all directions of Tigray. Keep dreaming...so far, your dreams only produced your own demice.
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
Because Omni Hajor, Gash Setit and Tessenne are pure Tigray lands, there is a document the Italian asked permission Tigray to use the areas for domestic grazing until they left and Eritrea became part of Ethiopia.

justo

Post by justo » 12 Jan 2019, 12:11

eden wrote:

I don't think Game Over means having a venomous snake alive confined to its quarters. Like Tamagne says, you cannot tame a snake and carry it in your pockets as a pet. And the barren kilil, BTW, is more of a cause of trouble than a buffer from trouble. And if we want to use it as a buffer against anything it doesn't require having the snake TPLF alive.

eden

Post by eden » 12 Jan 2019, 12:46

Correct me if I'm wrong but TPLF is the only organized group that clearly states aseb masawa belong to Eritrea. ARENA, Aregawi's new group and SebHidri are not as clear.
justo wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 12:11
And if we want to use it as a buffer against anything it doesn't require having the snake TPLF alive.

justo

Post by justo » 12 Jan 2019, 13:33

eden wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 12:46
Correct me if I'm wrong but TPLF is the only organized group that clearly states aseb masawa belong to Eritrea. ARENA, Aregawi's new group and SebHidri are not as clear.
justo wrote:
And if we want to use it as a buffer against anything it doesn't require having the snake TPLF alive.
TPLF cannot be taken at face value. Its stated position means nothing. We usually ignore that and read its intention in its actions. It gave Abiy 100 % of its votes in the last selection of PM by the EPRDF, while at the same time trying to assassinate him. So when it comes to the TPLF stated positions mean nothing.

Cartmann

Post by Cartmann » 12 Jan 2019, 13:49

justo wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 13:33
eden wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 12:46
justo wrote:
TPLF cannot be taken at face value. Its stated position means nothing. We usually ignore that and read its intention in its actions. It gave Abiy 100 % of its votes in the last selection of PM by the EPRDF, while at the same time trying to assassinate him. So when it comes to the TPLF stated positions mean nothing.
Brother justo, you nailed it. I was about to say the same. What Edu Gual Zena is saying is typical argument from the Tigrayans. But no one said more than TPLF militias that they respect Eritrea's sovereignty, and no one worked more than the TPLF militias to destroy Eritrea. They are untrustworthy. What they say and do are different. We all know it too well.

Cartmann

Post by Cartmann » 12 Jan 2019, 13:52

euroland wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 11:27
Halafi Adgi
This greedness and always wanting someone's property or land is why you Agames are hated and hunted liked a rabbis dog all over East Africa and surrounded by arch enemies in all directions of Tigray. Keep dreaming...so far, your dreams only produced your own demice.
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
Brother Euroland,

Don't be too hard on Halaf Mengedi. He is a good man, depending on whether has seen Amhara ghost in his dream or not. :lol:

Cowboy Humera

Post by Cowboy Humera » 12 Jan 2019, 15:06

eden wrote:

You are correct and that's exactly what I have been telling people on this forum for the last 9 years. We TPLF have no desire to use military force to return the Assab and Massawa ports to Tigrai. We prefer peaceful means to achieve our goals. We prefer sanctioning Eritrea skillfully and peacefully over waging a full blown out war. We have already promised Eritreans that if they hand over Assab and Massawa to Tigrai peacefully, we will protect Eritrea from the Wesf'attam Dergists who are dreaming about having a navy. I will drop my laptop in a second to go and defend Eritrea if Eritreans peacefully hand over Assab and Massawa to my beloved Tigrai. Anyone who is wise can read that our TPLF manifesto doesn't make any mention of war, but the peaceful return of Assab and Massawa to Tigrai in accordance to Tigrai laws. We are a nation of laws.

Our TPLF message to tyrant Issayas is: ሁለት ግመሎች ሰርቆ ጎንበስ ጎንበስ አያዋጣም::

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jan 2019, 15:18

Some of them are very honest, though. :lol:

Let's give credit, where credit is due.

euroland

Post by euroland » 12 Jan 2019, 15:20

Brother Carmann
I agree with you, he isn't a bad person...at least he is not hiding his heart under a sweet words. I like his honesty. However, it amazes me to read his endless bravado for years...only to end up with his beloved Weyane to be under 6 feet.
Cartmann wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 13:52
euroland wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 11:27
Halafi Adgi
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
Brother Euroland,

Don't be too hard on Halaf Mengedi. He is a good man, depending on whether has seen Amhara ghost in his dream or not. :lol: