Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Mereja.TV

መንግስት የለም ለምትሉ አለም እየመሰከረልን ነው - ጠ/ሚ ዐብይ አህመድ

Post by Mereja.TV » 09 Jan 2019, 04:51

Dawi

Re: መንግስት የለም ለምትሉ አለም እየመሰከረልን ነው - ጠ/ሚ ዐብይ አህመድ

Post by Dawi » 09 Jan 2019, 05:51

I know, Abiy sounded narcissistic but, I still love it because he was correct.
Mereja.TV wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 04:51

gurre

Post by gurre » 10 Jan 2019, 08:46

This is one of the most absurd explanation coming out of PM Abiy. Foreign(western) acceptance does not necessarily mean doing good domestically, there are/were a hell lot of merc. leaders admired and supported by the west(Alem).
He might have changed things which were already unsustainable with or without him, but he left the whole Woyane infrastructure intact and what we are witnessing from his appointees in the military brass, the attorney general ..etc is simply bizzare and suspect.

I think he thinks he can ride Ethiopians by mere sweet talking in Amharic.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 10 Jan 2019, 09:39

I would have chosen to stick with the argument that the existence of a government should not be measured by the number of citizens it put in prison. Yes that the world at large as Abiy said believed there has been an Ethiopian government that was trying to change the country for the better. That the Ethiopian government exists the world acknowledges. So do the great majority of Ethiopians. But both the world and the great majority of Ethiopians are in anxiety when It was asked does the government succeed?
There are valid reasons for concern. One of the OLF factions that kills and terrorizes the people it says it will “liberate” should have been dealt with in time. These are people who have no the slightest shade of liberator character. The regional and the federal government kept quiet for long when citizens were raped, tortured and killed by the so called liberators. Yes, even people who are a committed supporter of the Abiy government were compelled to ask where was the government?
That a former security chief who was among other things allegedly accused of trying to kill the new prime minister had been living in Mekele. In so defying his arrest, Getachew Assefa was denying the existence of a prime minister called Abiy, denying the existence of a parliament that elected him, and not acknowledging the law that was written that the parliament was acted upon. Yes, Ethiopians and the world at large are in anxiety. And yes you have the power to reduce that anxiety to a manageable level.