Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus

Ethiopia - From Tribal Cycle Theory To Democratic Election Cycle Practice

Post by Horus » 09 Jan 2019, 02:35

I know this is a topic for a full book. But I can't do that now. May be a Masters degree candidate or a dissertation can take it up. Starting from the Era of the Princes and until now, essentially we had a Long Tribal cycle sequence of rise of fall of tribe based rules, dynasties and short lived regimes. Solomonic cycles, Amara cycles, Tigray cycles, Oromo cycles …..

Each Tribal dynastic Cycle used situational circumstance to control political, cultural and econmoic resources of the time to rise to power and rule. Then each regime became unjust, corrupt, and lawless and declined and died. I am no even counting Derg rule as a cycle because it was so strange and brief in its existence.

The Tigray tribal cycle is the shortest in our history.

Oromo is coming to this tribal cycle phenomena at a very wrong time. It is coming to power as a tribe at the very moment the Ethiopian nation is preparing for a New Type of Cycle, a Democratic Election Cycle. This is why all these tribal Oromos are nervous and afraid of Abiye led concept of Election Cycle.

Abiye is looking forward. He notices that tribalism is a narrow and unsustainable foundation of a dynasty. Look at Tigray - it is a land of confusion and fearful uncertainty because it lacked thinking leaders.

This is 2019. no tribal theory can fly. Tribalism is dead. Now dynasties are built on democratic competition and electoral cycles where a corrupt and bad leader is removed by the next election, not by the other tribe!!!!

Think about it. I am Horus.
Last edited by Horus on 09 Jan 2019, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.

Horus

Re: Ethiopia From Tribal Cycle Theory To Democratic Election Cycle Practice

Post by Horus » 09 Jan 2019, 03:04

Ho Yes. Please tell NAMA tribalists to read a little bit of history before their next tribal adventure. This is the era of Democratic Election Cycles, not another Amara tribal dynastic cycle !!!