Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca
Member+
Posts: 9230
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 16:46

The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 06 Jan 2019, 21:27

Sadacha's history corner:

''The British invasion of Ethiopia will be watched by the world with deep interest. The British have already landed upon the soil of Abyssinia, and it remains to be seen what opposition barbarism can bring against the refinement of civilized warfare.
The Oromo cavalry are described as very formidable, numbering some 20,000; and if a combination of the warlike tribes is made under King Tewodros, the British may find in them a foe hard to conquer.
The question, too, arises, whether the African king will give up his prisoners if conquered. It may be matter of state policy to kill them, to do which he would not hesitate, if advantage or revenge could be attained.''

[Ballou's Monthly Magazine, Volumes 27-28, Pg 119]

pibor
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: 11 Oct 2018, 12:00

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by pibor » 06 Jan 2019, 21:40

British did not fear from nothing
Especially not from primitive african tribes

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14338
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Zack » 06 Jan 2019, 21:41

The galla were amhara subjects how can any one fear galla. The moment the galla sees an amhara he bows his head and most likely never raises his head.Though the amharas clever by half boost the moral of the galla, when ever they need an adventure in order to use them in the battlefield to fight some advesery whether they are Italians or Sudanese Mahdi forces or in some cases the Brits or in some cases against the Somalis in the far east. The gallas are guns for hire.Tewedros was a little coward who killed himself when surrounded by the British raj forces from India. The true king of Abyssinia who changed the history of the horn was Menelik. This is the man who defeated Italians build this great empire used diplomacy conquered the gallas. And left a legacy never to be forgotten.


Dr Zackovich

Sadacha Macca
Member+
Posts: 9230
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 16:46

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 06 Jan 2019, 22:01

Zack wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 21:41
The galla were amhara subjects how can any one fear galla. The moment the galla sees an amhara he bows his head and most likely never raises his head.Though the amharas clever by half boost the moral of the galla, when ever they need an adventure in order to use them in the battlefield to fight some advesery whether they are Italians or Sudanese Mahdi forces or in some cases the Brits or in some cases against the Somalis in the far east. The gallas are guns for hire.Tewedros was a little coward who killed himself when surrounded by the British raj forces from India. The true king of Abyssinia who changed the history of the horn was Menelik. This is the man who defeated Italians build this great empire used diplomacy conquered the gallas. And left a legacy never to be forgotten.


Dr Zackovich


agame boy, if the ''galla,'' are so weak, why did they, unarmed, chase your TPLF GODS to Mekelle?
sounds like you suffer from envy. oromos beat you in everything-more land, more resources, more manpower, etc...
SO YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO HATE us and cry, good sir.
I know you want to insult oromos by using amharas, so u can provoke oromo to insult amharas, and vice-versa; it's the oldest cyber agame troll trick in the book.
at least, try something new kid. be more creative/original. tell your agame bosses to pay for you to go back to agame cyber cadre school so u can learn new tricks.
yes menelik was strong indeed, so strong that he depended on oromo warriors for his protection, and they saved his life on at least two occasions-but of course an agame troll would never discuss this part of Ethiopian history! :lol:

Misraq
Member+
Posts: 6505
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 19:43
Location: Zemunda

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Misraq » 06 Jan 2019, 22:20

Brother sadacha

Agame Zack always have his goal to irritate Oromos and he does it in a crafty way by painting Oromos as subjects of Amhara. The subject you brought is the fear of the Brits at the time which has truth in it.

Agames WMD weapon of mass distraction is to make Oromos and Amharas not sea eye to eye. Without such tactic, agame is in the league of minorities like welayta, hadiya or kunama


Jimmy

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14338
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Zack » 09 Jan 2019, 10:15

Fake history will not take gallas any where in Ethiopia gallas have no leading role in Ethiopia. And they will never have.


Dr Zackovich

Za Dengel
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: 30 Jun 2018, 10:22

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Za Dengel » 09 Jan 2019, 10:40

Most of the so called galla soldiers of Welo were in fact Amara. Even most of the nobility of Welo were non galla. Ras Mikael of Welo for example was Amara on his mother side and 75% Amara on his father side. He was only less than 25% galla.

Sadacha Macca
Member+
Posts: 9230
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 16:46

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 09 Jan 2019, 12:21

Zack wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 10:15
Fake history will not take gallas any where in Ethiopia gallas have no leading role in Ethiopia. And they will never have.


Dr Zackovich
Agame boy, don't be mad and envious, you still have the headless emperor yohannes and great grasshopper recipes to share with us.
Meanwhile oromo are leading your azzz today as they did in the past, so you can die from your envious heart breaking for all I care.

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14338
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Zack » 10 Jan 2019, 08:24

Emperor Yohannes was a true king Negus he died fighting he was never conquered like the small galla who were domesticated animals of menelik.



Dr Zackovich

AbyssiniaLady
Member
Posts: 2199
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 10 Jan 2019, 11:25

Zack wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 21:41
The galla were amhara subjects how can any one fear galla. The moment the galla sees an amhara he bows his head and most likely never raises his head.Though the amharas clever by half boost the moral of the galla, when ever they need an adventure in order to use them in the battlefield to fight some advesery whether they are Italians or Sudanese Mahdi forces or in some cases the Brits or in some cases against the Somalis in the far east. The gallas are guns for hire.Tewedros was a little coward who killed himself when surrounded by the British raj forces from India. The true king of Abyssinia who changed the history of the horn was Menelik. This is the man who defeated Italians build this great empire used diplomacy conquered the gallas. And left a legacy never to be forgotten.


Dr Zackovich

A mentally deranged Tigrayan troll wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 21:41
The true king of Abyssinia who changed the history of the horn was Menelik. This is the man who defeated Italians build this great empire used diplomacy conquered the gallas. And left a legacy never to be forgotten.

You pulled that out of your unwashed aids infested Tigrayan a.s.s, Menelik was an illiterate negro and a primitive puppet of the West who had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of modern day Ethiopia, he was a criminal azzhole, And btw, Abyssinia and Ethiopia are different countries with different histories and Ethnic groups.

Ethiopia is a creation of the European powers which will eventually break up into many smaller independent countries.



Abyssinia, Oromiya & Somalia historical map.

Za Dengel
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: 30 Jun 2018, 10:22

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Za Dengel » 10 Jan 2019, 13:19

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 11:25
Zack wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 21:41
The galla were amhara subjects how can any one fear galla. The moment the galla sees an amhara he bows his head and most likely never raises his head.Though the amharas clever by half boost the moral of the galla, when ever they need an adventure in order to use them in the battlefield to fight some advesery whether they are Italians or Sudanese Mahdi forces or in some cases the Brits or in some cases against the Somalis in the far east. The gallas are guns for hire.Tewedros was a little coward who killed himself when surrounded by the British raj forces from India. The true king of Abyssinia who changed the history of the horn was Menelik. This is the man who defeated Italians build this great empire used diplomacy conquered the gallas. And left a legacy never to be forgotten.


Dr Zackovich

A mentally deranged Tigrayan troll wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 21:41
The true king of Abyssinia who changed the history of the horn was Menelik. This is the man who defeated Italians build this great empire used diplomacy conquered the gallas. And left a legacy never to be forgotten.

You pulled that out of your unwashed aids infested Tigrayan a.s.s, Menelik was an illiterate negro and a primitive puppet of the West who had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of modern day Ethiopia, he was a criminal azzhole, And btw, Abyssinia and Ethiopia are different countries with different histories and Ethnic groups.

Ethiopia is a creation of the European powers which will eventually break up into many smaller independent countries.



Abyssinia, Oromiya & Somalia historical map.
Menelik conquered and domesticated your galla and Somali ppl. :lol:

There is no such thing as Oromiya before 1983 EC. The country Abyssinia and post 4th century Ethiopia are the same. It’s just that we call it Habesha or Ethiopia and Europeans call it Abyssinia.

Sadacha Macca
Member+
Posts: 9230
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 16:46

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 10 Jan 2019, 13:30

Zack wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 08:24
Emperor Yohannes was a true king Negus he died fighting he was never conquered like the small galla who were domesticated animals of menelik.



Dr Zackovich

yohannes the agame got his head chopped off, and he went to war with muslims and killed many of them
yet u pretend to be muslim, but u praise the killers of muslims. more proof=that you are an agame cadre.
and the oromo were the ones leading Meneliks army and they saved his life at least twice; that's the hard facts that agames cannot swallow.
sorry agame boy, keep being envious and full of hate, it'll only hurt u, not us! :lol: :lol:

gadaa2
Member
Posts: 1937
Joined: 15 Oct 2013, 15:40

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by gadaa2 » 10 Jan 2019, 13:33

I think if Tewdros was not harsh on his in laws of Wello Oromo, None of the British could have crossed Ethiopia. Evenif the agame boys allow them because they want to prostitute like ZACK, the mountains, the land escape and the experience of horse caveley wont let any Solato cross to Ethiopia. The brutality of Tewdros and especially after the Queen Masawet (Werkitu) son was murdered by Tewdros, thing went bad to keep the union together. Although the Wolloye begged the crazy king by giving him their only beloved daughter for a marriage QeunTewabche he wonted more control of the whole region a central system which was not accepted at the time. That is why the wello Oromo warlords support the escape of Minilik from prison and helped him become kings because to some extent. Minilik was more decentralized than Tewdros to some extent. Ethiopian history looks like a movie so.

gadaa2
Member
Posts: 1937
Joined: 15 Oct 2013, 15:40

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by gadaa2 » 10 Jan 2019, 13:40

Sadacha Macca wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 13:30
Zack wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 08:24
Emperor Yohannes was a true king Negus he died fighting he was never conquered like the small galla who were domesticated animals of menelik.



Dr Zackovich

yohannes the agame got his head chopped off, and he went to war with muslims and killed many of them
yet u pretend to be muslim, but u praise the killers of muslims. more proof=that you are an agame cadre.
and the oromo were the ones leading Meneliks army and they saved his life at least twice; that's the hard facts that agames cannot swallow.
sorry agame boy, keep being envious and full of hate, it'll only hurt u, not us! :lol: :lol:
Even the down fall of Yohanis and the story of his head is related to his killing of the Wello Muslim Oromo. Had he be more civilized and not be crazy about religion and kept Wello as a good friend of him, Yohanis head will stay intact together and would have been buried in Tigray. The moment you fought even one province of your power is so weak. That is why we warn the current regime also be careful and don't fight with your own people.

kerenite
Member
Posts: 1672
Joined: 16 Nov 2013, 13:15

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by kerenite » 10 Jan 2019, 13:48

Sadacha Macca wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 13:30
Zack wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 08:24
Emperor Yohannes was a true king Negus he died fighting he was never conquered like the small galla who were domesticated animals of menelik.



Dr Zackovich

yohannes the agame got his head chopped off, and he went to war with muslims and killed many of them
yet u pretend to be muslim, but u praise the killers of muslims. more proof=that you are an agame cadre.
and the oromo were the ones leading Meneliks army and they saved his life at least twice; that's the hard facts that agames cannot swallow.
sorry agame boy, keep being envious and full of hate, it'll only hurt u, not us! :lol: :lol:

That's why I wrote earlier that I am intending to believe the good abyssyinia lady.

Kahsay mircha (the headless) killed in cold-blood thousands of wello and tigray muslims according to contemporary historians.

Ironically he is dr. Zakovich's hero, a somali MUSLIM.

Man!!! This is mind-boggling.

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14338
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by Zack » 10 Jan 2019, 15:29

Abyssinian lady nonsene menelik built and created Ethiopia before he defeated the Italians he conquered much of the gallas a decade or so earlier. Stop rewriting history you can never change history.


Dr Zackovich

AbyssiniaLady
Member
Posts: 2199
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: The British feared that Tewodros and Oromos would unite in 1868!

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 10 Jan 2019, 20:08

Za Dengel wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 13:19

Menelik conquered and domesticated your galla and Somali ppl. :lol:

There is no such thing as Oromiya before 1983 EC. The country Abyssinia and post 4th century Ethiopia are the same. It’s just that we call it Habesha or Ethiopia and Europeans call it Abyssinia.
That's wishful thinking but okay..

P.s. the terms ( Ethiopia, Habesha, Abyssinia) = --------> foreign words that has no meaning in all different Ethiopian languages.


A mentally deranged Tigrayan troll wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 15:29
Abyssinian lady nonsene menelik built and created Ethiopia before he defeated the Italians he conquered much of the gallas a decade or so earlier. Stop rewriting history you can never change history.


Dr Zackovich

You will say anything if it fits your agame agenda but you can't change facts on the ground, the creation of modern day Ethiopia as a nation was established by the European powers and the Ethiopian artificial borders were drawn by the European not by the beloved lunatic, Don't give him credit in something He has no part whatsoever, He was nothing but a lapdog.

Post Reply