Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
pibor

Chinese workers eat Hyena meat in Somaliland

Post by pibor » 30 Dec 2018, 12:56

Masud
Member+

Re: Chinese workers eat Hyena meat in Somaliland

Post by Masud » 30 Dec 2018, 14:15

Somalis eat hyena meat and the Chines are slaughtering hyena to sell its meat to Somalis. Eating hyena meat is common culture among Somalis.
Watch the below video when Hawidian is feasting on hyena meat with his colleagues and families.

pibor

Post by pibor » 30 Dec 2018, 14:28

Hawdian wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 03:25
boy

Amh
Khysion wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 17:56
You.
is this true?
somalis really eat hyena meat? :lol:

Khysion

Post by Khysion » 02 Jan 2019, 14:41

pibor wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 14:28
is this true?
Carnivore animals are forbidden within the Somali culture. Go look it up on Xeer system. Only Camel, Cattle, Sheep, Goat, Chicken and Seafood is allowed, the rest is a no-no.

As for what happened on the Tweet. Do you know the Somali language and did you not read his other Twitter posts? He explains the entire situation. You'll see the local Somalis surprised and standing around him. Read his posts.

There is your answer.
Last edited by Khysion on 02 Jan 2019, 19:52, edited 3 times in total.

Khysion

Post by Khysion » 02 Jan 2019, 18:49

Masud wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 14:15
Somalis eat hyena meat and the Chines are slaughtering hyena to sell its meat to Somalis. Eating hyena meat is common culture among Somalis.
Watch the below video when Hawidian is feasting on hyena meat with his colleagues and families.
Now I'm exposing you for your slandering and jealousy towards Somalis. Carnivore meat is absolutely forbidden within the Xeer system of Somali culture.

The first video was a bunch of Hyena's attacking and eating other wild animals.

Second video. People don't look Somali and their language is NOT Somali.

Third video. Again NOT speaking in the Somali language.

All three title video's are not only fake but has fewer views. You can tell it was made by you or some ignoble Ethiopian. :lol:

I'm not going to entertain you basement dwelling trolls. :arrow:

Hawdian

Post by Hawdian » 04 Jan 2019, 19:26

pibor wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 14:28
Hawdian wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 03:25
boy

Amh
Khysion wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 17:56
You.
is this true?
Not true. Don't listen to the Galla boy who doesn't even know his true father since the mother is allowed to sleep with the whole town.

The Chinese are working in a remote village. The hyena killed the livestocks of nomads. They asked for help from the guards at the Chinese camp. When they shot it the Chinese decided to eat it.

Galla boy is mad because we always enslaved him and his submissive Galla pagans.

Abe Abraham
Member+

Post by Abe Abraham » 06 Jan 2019, 12:43

https://eshaykh.com/halal_haram/is-hyen ... d-somalia/

Is Hyena’s meat Halal?

Posted on August 25, 2012 by Staff Dar al-Iftaa Al-Missriyyah

Question:

Assalmu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatu.

Thanks for your work. Keep it up. Ours is nothing but dua for you and your colleagues. I am an ardent seeker of knowledge from Nairobi, Kenya.

My Question is recently, a well known Wahhabi Cleric in Nairobi, Kenya with a big clout within the Somali Community in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia and many parts of the world has caused a storm by declaring the meat of hyena halal contrary to the believe of many Muslims in the region. From Kismayu to Garissa there is frenzy in the business of hyena meat. Please clarify on the position of Shariah on this issue.

Your Prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

Answer:

wa `alaykum salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

Your question has already been answered. Please read here.

Staff

This Saudi scholar is clearly stating that it is permissible.

This Saudi scholar after stating the different opinions from the main schools of thought in Islam makes his own conclusion : Hyenas eat human flesh therefore eating their meat should be prohibited.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 06 Jan 2019, 13:57

Besides the debate on whether hyena meat is permissible (of course from Islamic point of view), the question that's seldom been brought up is this: Is there really a substantiated need for hyena meat?

If it was permitted during the prophet (PBUH), it was because there was a pressing sustenance need! Could we, nowadays, claim that there's nothing out there to eat in the Arabian Peninsula, for instance, where this issue is often raised, thus people should be allowed to terrorise, hunt down, and devour the poor hyena!

Some years ago, the wicked cult known as Al-Shabab, made hyena meat permissible in Somalia, a country that exports over 5 million animals annually, making the livestock an important mainstay in the country's economy!

Abe Abraham
Member+

Post by Abe Abraham » 06 Jan 2019, 15:40

Somaliman wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:57
Besides the debate on whether hyena meat is permissible (of course from Islamic point of view), the question that's seldom been brought up is this: Is there really a substantiated need for hyena meat?

If it was permitted during the prophet (PBUH), it was because there was a pressing sustenance need! Could we, nowadays, claim that there's nothing out there to eat in the Arabian Peninsula, for instance, where this issue is often raised, thus people should be allowed to terrorise, hunt down, and devour the poor hyena!

Some years ago, the wicked cult known as Al-Shabab, made hyena meat permissible in Somalia, a country that exports over 5 million animals annually, making the livestock an important mainstay in the country's economy!
West Africans have what they call Jungle Meat and it is relatively cheap. The Arabs likewise hunt hyenas to get cheap meat.

gadaa2

Post by gadaa2 » 06 Jan 2019, 15:44

Yes somewhere in this tread I heard the people there eat hyena too. They seems fake muslim as they are fake fighters too.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 06 Jan 2019, 17:49

The bush meat that you're referring to is not available across West Africa (and Central Africa), but only in the villages located in the vicinity of a forest, where it's sold cheaper or expensive depending on the supply and demand at the market. It's consumed as a necessity and means of survival and it represents the only source of meat for those poor villagers who are farmers and do not raise any animals.

Whilst hyena meat is very expensive and is mostly consumed by lavish Saudis who consider it as a unique and scrumptious delicacy at the expenses of the extinction of the hyena population, alas . In addition, they also consume it because they believe that hyena meat is beneficial to man’s health, even though there's no scientific evidence whatsoever to support such belief!

Abe Abraham wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 15:40
Somaliman wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:57

West Africans have what they call Jungle Meat and it is relatively cheap. The Arabs likewise hunt hyenas to get cheap meat.

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 06 Jan 2019, 18:29

As for eating the meat of hyena, this is Halal (lawful). It was related by Imam Ahmad and the four compilers of Sunan on the authority of `Abdul-Rahman ibn `Abdullah ibn Abu `Ammar who said: I said to Jabir, "Is it permissible to hunt hyenas?" He said, "Yes." I said, "Is it permissible to eat their meat?" He said, "Yes." I said, "Did the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say so?" He said, "Yes." May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

http://www.alifta.net/Fatawa/FatawaChap ... 1&BookID=7

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 06 Jan 2019, 18:50

As I’ve clearly noted in my first comment, the question is not whether hyena meat is halal or haram, from Islamic perspective. But it’s rather whether the lavish style of life of a bunch of wealthy Saudis warrants the extinction of the poor animal!

Sadacha Macca wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 18:29
As for eating the meat of hyena, this is Halal (lawful). It was related by Imam Ahmad and the four compilers of Sunan on the authority of `Abdul-Rahman ibn `Abdullah ibn Abu `Ammar who said: I said to Jabir, "Is it permissible to hunt hyenas?" He said, "Yes." I said, "Is it permissible to eat their meat?" He said, "Yes." I said, "Did the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say so?" He said, "Yes." May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

Cigar
Member+

Post by Cigar » 06 Jan 2019, 23:03

If killing chicken, cows, sheep, fish .....is ok why is it not ok killing dogs, hyenas, lions, cats or even humans.....not ok.
Stop being selective which animals you kill to eat and not eat.
Just say no to killing animals for your consumption. Be a vegan.
You were not born with aquired taste bud. You are indoctrinated by your family members and society.
I challenge you to watch the following video to the end.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5213064735

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 06 Jan 2019, 23:22

You're mixing the unmixibles!

Unlike the other animals in your list, hyenas are endangered species - in danger of extinction - with less than 5000 left in the world!

BTW, do not count on me to watch "the video in the link", as I do not use facebook.

Cigar wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 23:03
If killing chicken, cows, sheep, fish .....is ok why is it not ok killing dogs, hyenas, lions, cats or even humans.....not ok.
Stop being selective which animals you kill to eat and not eat.
Just say no to killing animals for your consumption.
You were not born with aquired taste bud. You are indoctrinated by your family members and society.
I challenge you to watch the following video to the end.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5213064735

Cigar
Member+

Post by Cigar » 06 Jan 2019, 23:48

So with your extinction logic, may be we need to slaughter people and eat them too. Because we are overpopulating the world.
In 1974 Ethios population was 50 million and now it is over a 100 million.
LOL.
You are funny. So people should not kill hyenas because they are being extinct?
How about don't kill all kinds of amimals?
Too bad you don't have access to the link.
Trust me, you would have changed your mind about killing only the animals which you like and not the others for your meals.
Just like we were born with no religion attached to us, like wise we are brainwashed by our cultures about which animals we should slaughter or not.
We humans are scum bags.
It is us who should be cooked for meals.
Then only then would we feel sorry for all creatures.

Khysion

Post by Khysion » 07 Jan 2019, 05:34

Sadacha Macca wrote:

Are you retarded? Carnivore animals are haram within Islam. It's not lawful.

If an animal eats meat, i.e. is carnivorous, that does make the animal forbidden just for this reason. It would be forbidden for one of the following three reasons:

1. The animal has fangs.

2. The (bird) animal has talons.

3. The animal eats carrion or other filth (like vultures). In Arabic, this is called "Jalalah".

So Hyena not only eats meat but has fangs so it makes it forbidden to eat.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 07 Jan 2019, 13:50

It’s depressing to see that most Muslims’ reasoning is captive from halal/haram perspective and cannot figure out beyond – as if life were binary! Their thinking only revolves around halal/haram – and nothing else, and their lenses don’t seem to capture anything beyond this halal/haram aperture, alas!

I rather prefer the idiotic argument of “Cigar”! It’s not stagnant, at least, as it figures out things from different angles!

The fact that hyena is in danger of extinction, with only less than 5000 left in the world, seems for you to be irrelevant. But what is relevant for you is rather from man’s beneficial perspective of whether eating its meat is halal or haram! This is a typical example of most Muslims’ reasoning!

Khysion wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 05:34
Sadacha Macca wrote:

If an animal eats meat, i.e. is carnivorous, that does make the animal forbidden just for this reason. It would be forbidden for one of the following three reasons:

1. The animal has fangs.

3. The animal eats carrion or other filth (like vultures). In Arabic, this is called "Jalalah".

Abe Abraham
Member+

Post by Abe Abraham » 08 Jan 2019, 14:02

Khysion wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 05:34
Sadacha Macca wrote:

1. The animal has fangs.

Sadacha Macca is right. Listen to him. Yes, according to logic you wouldn't eat hyena's meat just like that of pork but in Islam people follow what the Quran and the Sunnah say not individual reasoning.

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 08 Jan 2019, 17:50

Retarded agame sion,

http://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/88523/

There's a hadith that directly makes hyena meat halal, so it's an exception, and that's the stronger opinion according to scholars