Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus

The Gurage Mood

Post by Horus » 06 Dec 2018, 03:31

WE SHALL NEVER ALLOW LOSERS TO STEAL OUR MOOD, OUR ETERNALLY POSITVE OUTLOOK ON LIFE !!!

ENJOY SOME RECENT RELEASES !!! LONG LIVE ETHIOPIA, LONG LIVE GURAGE !!!

Horus

Re: The Gurage Mood

Post by Horus » 06 Dec 2018, 03:45

Horus

Post by Horus » 06 Dec 2018, 03:50

present
Member+

Post by present » 06 Dec 2018, 03:53

I love the Gurages. They are positive, hard working, and above all- a hell of pro Ethiopians. I grew up with them. They are one of the greatest people of Ethiopia!! We are proud to share their culture and wisdom!

Oh God, they don't compromise with Ethiopia and Ethiopiansim- my type of people!!!!!

Nice video, it depects their positive profile!

Horus wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 03:31
WE SHALL NEVER ALLOW LOSERS TO STEAL OUR MOOD, OUR ETERNALLY POSITVE OUTLOOK ON LIFE !!!

ENJOY SOME RECENT RELEASES !!! LONG LIVE ETHIOPIA, LONG LIVE GURAGE !!!

Horus

Post by Horus » 06 Dec 2018, 03:58

present
Member+

Post by present » 06 Dec 2018, 04:00

I love this video too!. Like I said, I grew up with Gurages, Alembray is loved by them. They play it all the time at every occasion!

Horus wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 03:45

Horus

Post by Horus » 06 Dec 2018, 04:31

Present,

I am happy you are enjoying this culture. You know through histroy people mix with other cultures and genes but they always leave their trace. In our case there are 3 songs we use to identify these origins even those folks speak a slightly shifted or altered dialect. One is Alem Bire - It means alem beautiful. Bire (Alem Berhan is an expression of sort of total beauty). The other is Yebo lale (original a type of religious praise- it menas 'let it be so high, very high). It is geez. The other one is called 'Yah wore' = it is a song of admiration. So, I find these folks known by identities like Selte singing this ancient rituals and it is amazing what time does. You would amazed how close and related are all of Ethiopian people. It is ignorant that is keeping apparat. Kair !!

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 06 Dec 2018, 09:17

I think silte originally was a distinct gosa.. but they have been living alongside gurage for hundreds of years. Of course intermarriage between them is quite common.. most guraghes have oromo ancestry too. .. recently, I found out how guraghes view other ethnics and themselves. Quite shocking how the look down on MareQos, sidamas, hadiyas and the likes of southern tribes!! History tells us guraghes themselves are the results of southern and northern tribes 😆

present
Member+

Post by present » 06 Dec 2018, 11:44

Horus

Thanks for the clarifications. I was not aware yene lale was Geez even though I am not surprised. The three songs of beauty, high, and admiration have powerful effect on the characteristics of Gurages that I always admire. No wonder why they are positive people.

Mitimitaye,
From my experience with Gurages, I don't believe they look down upon anyone. They get misread due their pride and positive outlook, it appears, just like the Ethiopians get misjudged for our pride!
Horus wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 04:31
Present,

I am happy you are enjoying this culture. You know through histroy people mix with other cultures and genes but they always leave their trace. In our case there are 3 songs we use to identify these origins even those folks speak a slightly shifted or altered dialect. One is Alem Bire - It means alem beautiful. Bire (Alem Berhan is an expression of sort of total beauty). The other is Yebo lale (original a type of religious praise- it menas 'let it be so high, very high). It is geez. The other one is called 'Yah wore' = it is a song of admiration. So, I find these folks known by identities like Selte singing this ancient rituals and it is amazing what time does. You would amazed how close and related are all of Ethiopian people. It is ignorant that is keeping apparat. Kair !!