Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus

Woyane & Tribalists Anarchy in Gurage: Voice of Maskan

Post by Horus » 05 Dec 2018, 20:05

South Killil breaking down at its seams. So long as there is Woyane invented tribalism, there will be no peace. But the people can stop it by persistently demanding law and order. They must overcome killilism and tribalism and anarchy by Chat -Hooka addicts.

What is taking place here is part and parcel of what TPLF and its local servants are doing in every killil -Amara, Benishangul, Oromo, Ogaden, Afar and Gambella. The people, if united , can stop it.

Last edited by Horus on 06 Dec 2018, 00:01, edited 2 times in total.

sun

Re: Woyane & Tribalists Anarchy in Gurage

Post by sun » 05 Dec 2018, 20:20

Why don't you talk to Obbo Mirage Fageessa? :P

Horus

Post by Horus » 05 Dec 2018, 20:45

Sun,
You are right. It is those TPLF servants Sidama and Selte who are trying to irritate Gurage because it was mainly Gurage and Gamos who voted for Abiye and the Shigute and the Fergessa are really upset, it seems. As I have always said, a dead body until it is buried will continue to give the nasty smell. In time they will be cleaned up. If the South killil tribalists give killil status to Sidama, most other tribes will demand the same and that will be the end of South. Personally, that will a blessing in disguise. Let us how these tribalists are going to conduct the next election.

As we speak, Oromo organizations including ODP are talking to form a single Oromo party, which logical. Amara is trying to do the same.

So, we are asking Muferiat which way she is leading the killil to - splitting every one of the 54 tribes or uniting them in some form of multi-ethnic regional structure? That is the question.

Does she have the gravitas and skill and fairness to do just that, we shall see.
Last edited by Horus on 05 Dec 2018, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

eden

Post by eden » 05 Dec 2018, 21:12

servants Selte
So, we are asking Muferiat
Does she have the gravitas
you didn't mention zeynu jemal, elias shkur but muferyat. aren't you being "tribalist" yourself? or may be i'm missing something?

your analysis suffers because you bring in weyane where it doesn't belong. this is my observation on many of you with anti ethnic based federalist views.

Horus

Post by Horus » 05 Dec 2018, 21:51

eden,

You are not missing anything. To me they are all the same. The only difference is Muferiate is the top power in South government and also minister of law and order of the nation. With your position, you are accountable. As far as I am concerned they are tribalists. Of course Siraj is a tigray servant. I did not say that about Muferiat or Zeynu. But the people asked her to stop killing by hidden hands. How many times are they going to beg her. I personally know the historical conflict between Maskan and Mareko but it was pretty much solved over the year and now it is the enemies of Gurage who are fueling it. As long as I remeber Selte was Gurage and I have family friend who are Selte and still consider themselves Gurage. It was Meles who created this split because we refused to follow his divisive tribal agenda. The conflict between Kenbena and Gurage is literally Woyane era sinister agenda. The people are asking for law and order. How is that attacking Muferiat. Yes, She is Selte and Sidama and Tigray controlled South killil elevated Selte to call the shots at the expense of other Gurage tribes. That is not fair and Gurage says - Stop it.

Horus

Post by Horus » 05 Dec 2018, 22:10

Gurage needs law and order not tribal drama …. baqa

Horus

Post by Horus » 06 Dec 2018, 00:00

Horus

Post by Horus » 06 Dec 2018, 00:00

mitmitaye

Re: Woyane & Tribalists Anarchy in Gurage: Voice of Maskan

Post by mitmitaye » 06 Dec 2018, 09:54

Horus,

It's guraghe-maskan, demanding to be Kilil by pushing marekos. They are organizing, getting help from other guraghes and collecting arms to kill their neighbors-- mareQos! I'm actually shocked to hear that guraghes think kililzm is what they support. They are demanding to be Kilil.

The problem b/n maskan and mareQos was not created by tplf.. my own grandfather a maskan from Goyben had killed many mareQos and he's considered Jegina. That was way before tplf arrival.

Marekos are very small in number. My understanding is that the maskans are settlers and hard working people. Or at least late comers to butajira and surroundings. mareQos had been pushed around by oromos and guraghes.. they are still there trying to survive.. the best thing for all is that to live in peace and respect in their God given country-- Ethiopia! Ethbic and language based Kililzm is bad and should be dismantled!!

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 06 Dec 2018, 09:56

mitmitaye wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 09:54
Horus,

It's guraghe-maskan, demanding to be Kilil by pushing marekos. They are organizing, getting help from other guraghes and collecting arms to kill their neighbors-- mareQos! I'm actually shocked to hear that guraghes think kililzm is what they support. They are demanding to be Kilil.

The problem b/n maskan and mareQos was not created by tplf.. my own grandfather a maskan from Goyben had killed many mareQos and he's considered Jegina. That was way before tplf arrival. Or Mengistu's derg time!

Marekos are very small in number. My understanding is that the maskans are settlers and hard working people. Or at least late comers to butajira and surroundings. mareQos had been pushed around by oromos and guraghes.. they are still there trying to survive.. the best thing for all is that to live in peace and respect in their God given country-- Ethiopia! Ethbic and language based Kililzm is bad and should be dismantled!!

gadaa2

Post by gadaa2 » 06 Dec 2018, 13:33

Can one explain on vocabulary I know? I know Gurages, Silte, Gurage Kistana, Oromo/Gurage Soddo. What is this new category (mareQosin, maskan ) compare to these which I have already know? These days things are getting tough in the horn. What a sad.

Horus

Post by Horus » 06 Dec 2018, 14:29

mitmitaye,

First of all, I don't think you are Gurage. I don't think your grandfather is Maskan because you made basic error. You stated that Selte were distinct people before they joined Gurage. What was their distinct language? Selte language is classified as one of the Gurage Semitic languages. Now I am asking you is the current Selte language Semitic or Cushitic? For your information authentic Selte language so close to Kastana (north Gurage) that they are intelligible to each other. Selte developed this new identity because when they were converted to Islam by Gran, they were mixed his soldiers (Adals) and later when Oromos pushed and Oromoized Zewai Gurage, Azernet Gurage, Hulbareg Gurage and Selte (all of them known as East Gurage) Selte got Oromo mix like Siraj Fergessa.

The same way your story about Maskan & Mareko is only partly true. My mother is Maskan and I know the history of the conflict. Mareko was Zelan and Semi-zelan people and they had the habit persistent cattle driving (cattle stealing) and culture of Qula mesileb that Maskan and Some Kastana Gurages had to dig holes and build walls to get respite from the persistent Mareko invaders. After 1950s it was solved and now it back thanks to woyane tribal killilism.

You talked about why Gurage is asking for killil. No, if Ethiopia is divided into other form of regionalism, that is fine with Gurage. Gurage is a self ruling people. But others form kilils and try to rule over Gurage, that will not happen. Gurage will create its own state and government to represent itself. Self-government and regional satehood has nothing to do the size your land. It is your political and cultural right. Yes, we oppose tribalism, yes we hate kililism but others cannot form their killils and make us part of their kilil and rule over Gurage. Gurage is a free self-ruling people. You said you are Maskan, do you know about the depth of Gurage legal and social systems like Gordena, Kicha, yejoka etc..?

geda22,

Gurage has north, east and west. Folks like selte and other I mentioned above east Gurage. Kastana (so called Sodo) and others are North Gurage. By the way Sodo is name of place not people. That is you have Wolaita Sodo and Gurage Sodo. The newly minted Jeda is Kastana-Oromo mixed folks at the very north who used go by Kastana and OLF made them Oromos those are like president Girma, Birru etc. These bilingual Gurage-Oromos.

Folks like Maskan and Welene are closer to Kastana in the linguistic dialect.

Sebat Bet Gurage is West including Chaha, Ezza, Enda Gagn, Aklil, Mihur, Gumar and others.

Now you know how vast and large Gurage people were before they were pushed down to South west from north east and north west from south-east into their current small territory by centuries of Oromo expansion. Remeber the entire zewai valley region was Gurage. Those people you find on Zewai Island are Gurage known as Zai, Hurbarege, etc.

Medo

Post by Medo » 06 Dec 2018, 16:00

Asking of gurages a region seems logical but they should be inclusive to others not exclusive like this. When gurages get a region then other minority kushites will get zone. Win win. But you! How come you ask region while you call federalism tribalism? You are confusing things. Siltes were Muslims before ahmad guray through missionary just lik fatagar bale shirka Hady(Alaba) sultanets. It is your pagan tribes that that were amharized by minilik and became amhara dreaming fake debtera teret telling brainwashed funny dudes with no evidence at all.

gadaa2

Post by gadaa2 » 06 Dec 2018, 16:39

Thanks Horus. So many Gurage sub clan then? Pre 1991, I know only Gurage now so many what a poletics

Horus

Post by Horus » 06 Dec 2018, 22:21

Medo wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 16:00
Asking of gurages a region seems logical but they should be inclusive to others not exclusive like this. When gurages get a region then other minority kushites will get zone. Win win. But you! How come you ask region while you call federalism tribalism? You are confusing things. Siltes were Muslims before ahmad guray through missionary just lik fatagar bale shirka Hady(Alaba) sultanets. It is your pagan tribes that that were amharized by minilik and became amhara dreaming fake debtera teret telling brainwashed funny dudes with no evidence at all.
medo,

Control your anger, it will kill you! Yes, Gurgages opposes tribal federalism and will continue to fight for non-tribal scientific division of Ethiopia into some other administrative regions called what ever name. Now in the mean time if 85 tibes ask for killil? well Gurge will to be repesented some how. Now wait and see these fake Meles killils changing.

The point is why are angry at Gurage. Ah, many be we are doing somethnig right, right?

Gurage demands Law and Order now !!!!

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 07 Dec 2018, 08:19

Horus wrote:
mitmitaye,

First of all, I don't think you are Gurage. I don't think your grandfather is Maskan because you made basic error. You stated that Selte were distinct people before they joined Gurage. What was their distinct language? Selte language is classified as one of the Gurage Semitic languages. Now I am asking you is the current Selte language Semitic or Cushitic? For your information authentic Selte language so close to Kastana (north Gurage) that they are intelligible to each other. Selte developed this new identity because when they were converted to Islam by Gran, they were mixed his soldiers (Adals) and later when Oromos pushed and Oromoized Zewai Gurage, Azernet Gurage, Hulbareg Gurage and Selte (all of them known as East Gurage) Selte got Oromo mix like Siraj Fergessa.
You are right I'm not Gurage and I didn't claim to be one. Read my post again. I stated that my grand father a Gurage from meskan... I have no gosa! I'm a product of many gosas. I feel Ethiopian & I'm Ethiopian first and most. And I'm proud of that.

Regarding the identity of my grandfather and hundreds of my extend maskan family who dwell in butajira and surroundings, they are/feel as Gurage as you are. And doesn't matter what you think of them.

Regarding Silte, I don't have to be Gurage to know the politics of it. In mid 90s they were rejected as Gurage by gurages! Why do you want them now? Actually, sodo gurages were considered the 'purest' and the rest, including sebat bet, were less of Gurage. Am I wrong?

BTW, language isn't necessary an indication of ancestry :idea: sematic& cushitic has nothing to do with bloodline. Hence, ethiopic is the new term to describe our Ethiopian langauge. Most Ethiopian languages are very much related to each other. Name it sematic, cushitic and omotic.. none are imported. Even Gurage language has a lot of oromigna sounding words. Also, lots of intermerriages between them..

Will be answering the rest later..

Medo

Post by Medo » 07 Dec 2018, 08:51

Horse feres da stupid. I won't insult gurages for you stubborn behaviour because I know them well. Probably, you are not what you claim. 83 tribes need kill..kkkkk you see 83 tibes have their distinct size and width. That wat ok. :lol: :lol:

Horus

Post by Horus » 07 Dec 2018, 13:40

Medo wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 08:51
Horse feres da stupid. I won't insult gurages for you stubborn behaviour because I know them well. Probably, you are not what you claim. 83 tribes need kill..kkkkk you see 83 tibes have their distinct size and width. That wat ok. :lol: :lol:
Ante qoshasha woyane - why don't ssssuuut you big mouth. Mehayim.

Medo

Post by Medo » 08 Dec 2018, 07:09

Do you see yourself as representative of gurage? Gm soddo. You are haylaselase era born old dog. Irrelevant now. You should be put in museum. Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk