Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: It Pays Well to be a Sheepdog of the Establishment

Post by teodroseIII » 04 Dec 2018, 23:54

One doesn’t have to be Nostradamus to predict what was going to transpire when Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez arrived in Washington DC. It was a matter of time before Alexandria succumbed to the status quo and fell in line behind the neoliberal Democrat establishment. In short order, this rebel from the Bronx transformed into a lapdog of the very entrenched interests she purportedly ran against.

The most obvious sign of Alexandria’s capitulation to the DNC order is her decision to support Nancy Pelosi for House Speaker. She actually had the temerity to call Pelosi the most progressive candidate when she announced her backing of Nancy the corporate crony. Let me clarify one thing, I don’t put any stock in labels like liberal, progressive or any of these political affiliations that do nothing but divide people while hiding the invisible hands of the moneyed cabal that run our nation through coercion. However, calling Pelosi a progressive is like calling [deleted] Cheney a compassionate conservative.

As galling as Alexandria’s support of Pelosi is, that is but the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how she has transmuted her pledge on her way to becoming yet another sheepdog of the establishment. The reason why our politics is broken is because demagogues on both sides have perfected the art of blaming the other side while pretending their side are the good guys. In reality, the pox is on both sides of the aisles. Democrats and Republicans alike—as well as the entirety of our political system—survive intact through subterfuge; tribalism is deployed with ruthless efficiency to distract the public from the fact that our government has been hijacked by corporate courtiers working on behalf of their plutocratic benefactors.

A truth teller would indict the bipartisan swamp that is endemic of our politics instead of presenting one-sided rants. Sadly, Alexandria chose to become another sham artist, instead of using the bully pulpit the good people of New York City gave her to reveal the insidious face of the duopoly, she insists on blaming Republicans only while keeping mum about the malfeasance of the very party she joined. This is not shocking of course, in a way I don’t blame her, she is doing what most of us do when we witness misdeeds at our place of employment. Nonetheless, I can only be so forgiving, the average American is not actively treading on the hopes of ...continued...

Read full article at: https://ghionjournal.com/sheepdog-of-the-establishment/