Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
simbe11

ጎጃም ሲተከል አገው ሲነቀል!!!

Post by simbe11 » 06 Nov 2018, 13:04

ጎጃም ሲተከል አገው ሲነቀል!!!

በቀድመው ጊዜ አገውና ጎጃም በአንድነት በደጋው የጎጃም ምድር ይኖሩ ነበር:: የሁለቱ ህዝብ ባንድ የሚኖሩበት አካባቢ ቁጥራቸው እየበዛ ሲሄድ ወደ ቆላማው ዳሞት መውረድ እንዳለባቸው አሰቡ:: ማንኛቸው መሄድ እንዳለባቸው ግን መስማማት አልቻሉም ነበር:: ይህን ችግር ለመፍታት ከሁለቱም ወገን የተወከሉ ሽማግሌዎች ሽምግልና ተቀመጡ:: በወቅቱ ሽማግሌቹ ተማክረው ያመጡት መላ አስደናቂ ነበር:: ከሁለቱም ወገን ጎበዛዝት ተመርጠው የገመድ ጉተታ እንዲወዳደሩና ያሸነፈው ወገን ባለበት እንዲረጋ ተሸንፊው ደግሞ ከተምጫ ማዶ ዳሞት ሄዶ እንዲሰፍር ባሉት መሰረት አገው ተምጫን ተሻግሮ ዳሞት ላይ እስካሁን ድረስ አለ::

ምንም እንኳን ይህ ክስተት አገው ሲነቀል! ጎጃም ሲተከል! በመባል ቢታወቅም አገው ከምድሩ ሳይነቀል የሁለቱም ርስት ከነበረው ዳሞት ሰፍሮ ይኖራል::

ሰው መሆን ተሻለ

simbe11

Re: ጎጃም ሲተከል አገው ሲነቀል!!!

Post by simbe11 » 06 Nov 2018, 14:11

minilikze3rd wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 13:48
No you are wrong, the buda GudelaAmharay is not from Gojam, Agew is original owner of Ghion, which was renamed Gojam by AbaGojam of Nejo, western welega, Oromia. This is true history, the name Gojam is Oromifa, but the original Ghion was used by Axumite Tigrignas and the local Agews there. GudelaAmharay the boody buda timbansazer is neither from Wello, Gojam or Gonder, he will be evicted back to Southeastern shewa, from where Gragn mohammed kicked them out in the16th century.
BTW, the names Wello and Dessie are also Oromifa just like Yeju, Kombolcha, Bati, Ambasel, WereIlu, werehimano, werebabu, mersa ,weyesa, karakore, cheffa, and hundreds of other Ejolie names still found in that ye Emis Etabi-smelling province.
That is why we agazians still say, " Amharay Adi yeblu, Semay Andi yeblu."
I don’t know what “ye emis etabi” smells like because I have never tasted it and it’s not in my future plan. You might have some expertise in that regard though.

Za Dengel

Post by Za Dengel » 09 Jan 2019, 11:40

It’s "አገው ሲነቀል ጨዋ አማራ ሲተከል" not “ጎጃም ሲተከል አገው ሲነቀል”.

This saying originated when Amara settlers moved in mass from Bete Amhara (south Welo) and Shewa to East Gojjam in the 14th century. This massive settlement was started during Amda Seyon I reign but intensified during Dawit I period. Many of the Agew of that area were evicted and some were assimilated. Gradually east Gojjam was transformed into an Amara country.

Za Dengel

Post by Za Dengel » 09 Jan 2019, 11:46

By the way the pre and post 17th century Damot are different. The old Damotwas located south of Abbay in Welega area. The new Damot in what is today West Gojjam. Many of the Agew who were evicted during the 14th and 15th century Amara settlement in East Gojjam went to new Damot/West Gojjam.