Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Revelations

[Reuters] Ethiopia, Eritrea to jointly develop ports on Eritrea's Red Sea Coast

Post by Revelations » 11 Jul 2018, 11:53

DDIS ABABA (Reuters) - Ethiopia and Eritrea will jointly develop ports on Eritrea’s Red Sea coast, Ethiopia’s state broadcaster said on Monday, the day after the leaders met and agreed to normalize relations after a 20-year military standoff.

“In their meeting, the leaders agreed to restore ties and resume flights by the carriers of both countries. In addition, they agreed to participate in the development of ports,” the state-owned Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethi ... SKBN1JZ0RM

Revelations

Re: [Reuters] Ethiopia, Eritrea to jointly develop ports on Eritrea's Red Sea Coast

Post by Revelations » 11 Jul 2018, 21:44

Ethiopia says re-opening roads to Eritrea's Red Sea ports a priority

ADDIS ABABA (Reuters) - Landlocked Ethiopia wants to make the re-opening of two roads connecting it to two of Eritrea’s Red Sea ports a priority in the two nations’ reconciliation process, a government spokesman said on Wednesday.

n a move that ended a 20-year military stand-off, the Horn of African neighbours agreed on Monday to open embassies, develop ports and resume flights.
The historic reconciliation could transform politics and security in the volatile Horn region, which lies along one of the world’s busiest shipping routes.

Ethiopian government spokesman Ahmed Shide said on Wednesday that the reopening of two critical roads leading to the ports of Assab in Eritrea’s south and Massawa in the north would benefit the whole region.

“The unfolding developments will not only benefit our peoples, but the entire Horn of Africa region will be a part of these developments,” Shide was quoted as saying in an interview published on the Eritrean information ministry’s website.

Also on Wednesday, Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s chief of staff wrote on Twitter that Ethiopian and Eritrean passport holders would be able to travel to the other country and obtain visas on arrival.

The changes are sweeping away years of hostility and raising hopes in both countries for a lucrative peace dividend.

Access to the ports of Assab and Massawa could greatly help Ethiopia’s push to boost their exports and increase hard currency earnings, analysts say.

The country of 100 million is heavily dependent on ports in tiny neighbour Djibouti, but since Abiy took office, has also negotiated access to a port in Sudan.

https://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... 11TU-OZATP

Revelations

Re: [Reuters] Ethiopia, Eritrea to jointly develop ports on Eritrea's Red Sea Coast

Post by Revelations » 11 Jul 2018, 23:31

Ha! It's all about the ports now.

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jul 2018, 01:54

It's in the 5 point- plan, the two leaders agreed to implement. With the airports & telephone lines opening, the next- move is to open the ports & roads to Ethiopia. This move will help Abyi consolidate the gains made within Ethiopia & it will help to soften the military stance of Tgray killil, in the long run. It detaches & distances the people, from TPLF.

Plus, it gives Djibouti a heartattack. 😀

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 12 Jul 2018, 11:40

We don't have any evil intentions towards Djibouti. A friend in need is a friend in deed! God bless Djibouti!
Zmeselo wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 01:54
It's in the 5 point- plan, the two leaders agreed to implement. With the airports & telephone lines opening, the next- move is to open the ports & roads to Ethiopia. This move will help Abyi consolidate the gains made within Ethiopia & it will help to soften the military stance of Tgray killil, in the long run. It detaches & distances the people, from TPLF.

Plus, it gives Djibouti a heartattack. 😀

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jul 2018, 12:00

Really?

A very expensive (for Ethiopia) business transaction the weyane made, you call it what? Friendship?

It's as if an addict is calling his pusher, for a friend.

As for me, by giving Djibouti a "heartattack", I actually meant giving the obese Guelleh & his regime, a heartattack. And it's my personal prerogative, to wish that.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 12 Jul 2018, 12:10

Yes, not just friends but they are our brothers too. If the TPLF didn't make a good deal, that's not their fault, is it? They are in business to make money. And yes, you can have ill will towards them. I'm Just stating that mine is good will towards my Djiboutian brothers and sisters. May god bless them!
Zmeselo wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 12:00
Really?

A very expensive (for Ethiopia) business transaction the weyane made, you call it what? Friendship?

It's as if an addict is calling his pusher, for a friend.

As for me, by giving Djibouti a "heartattack", I actually meant giving the obese Guelleh & his regime, a heartattack. And it's my personal prerogative, to wish that.

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jul 2018, 12:46

Anchi demmo kesew belay wereja yememsel flagotish altefam ale, aydel?

God will bless them, alright.

Into the pits, they'll go.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 12 Jul 2018, 12:54

clearly you may not know this but prayer only works in the positive/affirmative not in the negative. Therefore, your prayers will not be answered.

Says Reve who was raised with the deep teachings of Ethiopia Orthodox Church. Our roots are deeply planted in it so its teachings are in our bones.

Zmeselo wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 12:46
Anchi demmo kesew belay wereja yememsel flagotish altefam ale, aydel?

God will bless them, alright.

Into the pits, they'll go.

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jul 2018, 13:02

My statement, was not a prayer. Read it again!
It's an assertion! A certainty!

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 12 Jul 2018, 16:45

Your thoughts are your prayers. The negative ones will weigh you down not those you think of negatively.
Zmeselo wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 13:02
My statement, was not a prayer. Read it again!
It's an assertion! A certainty!