Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Revelations

Ethiopia must probe and prosecute culprits of recent killings: U.N.

Post by Revelations » 08 Mar 2018, 20:13

Abdur Rahman Alfa Shaban

The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein has expressed concern over the reinstatement of a state of emergency (SOE) in Ethiopia – the second in the last two years.

Zeid was delivering his remarks on global update of human rights concerns at the 37th seccion of the Human Rights Council on March 7, 2018.

Whiles applauding reforms started announced in January 2018 and which was being rolled out by way of prisoner releases, the U.N. human rights chief said recent reports of killings needed to be investigated and perpetrators brought to book.
I am concerned about the declaration of a second State of Emergency last month. Reforms can only be carried out successfully through truly inclusive dialogue and political processes.
“In Ethiopia, I welcome the release of more than 7,000 detainees in January and February, including several high profile figures.

“I urge the authorities to investigate and prosecute those responsible for recent killings in the country, and I reiterate my request for access to affected regions,” he said.

He also weighed in on the need for government to commit to reforms and to do so in the spirit of inclusive dialogue. The country is currently under a six-month state of emergency imposed to quell spreading violence. The government has admitted a violent fightback of the measure especially in the Oromia region.

The SOE was imposed barely twenty four hours after the resignation of Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn. The ruling EPRDF is set to pick his successor over the weekend. Desalegn who took the post in 2015 says his decision is to allow the party to fully pursue reforms.

“I am concerned about the declaration of a second State of Emergency last month. Reforms can only be carried out successfully through truly inclusive dialogue and political processes,” Zeid who visited Ethiopia last year stressed.

http://www.africanews.com/2018/03/09/et ... llings-un/

========================================================================

7 March 2018

In Ethiopia, I welcome the release of more than 7,000 detainees in January and February, including several high profile figures. I am concerned about the declaration of a second State of Emergency last month. Reforms can only be carried out successfully through truly inclusive dialogue and political processes. I urge the authorities to investigate and prosecute those responsible for recent killings in the country, and I reiterate my request for access to affected regions.

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Page ... 2&LangID=E
Last edited by Revelations on 09 Mar 2018, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: UN Human Rights High Commissioner Update on Ethiopia

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 08 Mar 2018, 21:55

Ahiyawn Ferto Dawlawn??? Wedet new tega tega, take your article 39 and cash it and do what ever you want. Had you given us that kind of choice when you were in power you could have averted the 30 years constant war pig greedy???

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 08 Mar 2018, 22:42

Your blabber doesn't make sense. No one is stopping you from using your article 39 and seceding from Ethiopia except the fact you have limited resources and you're used to eating like you've never done in your whole life.
Halafi Mengedi wrote:Ahiyawn Ferto Dawlawn??? Wedet new tega tega, take your article 39 and cash it and do what ever you want. Had you given us that kind of choice when you were in power you could have averted the 30 years constant war pig greedy???

Ethoash

Post by Ethoash » 09 Mar 2018, 02:02

Revelations wrote:Your blabber doesn't make sense. No one is stopping you from using your article 39 and seceding from Ethiopia except the fact you have limited resources and you're used to eating like you've never done in your whole life.

RealBull,

as a child did u ever played ቁማር (ብይ) once u lost your ብይ u no longer own it... what Ato HD, saying is very simple Ethiopia or Amhara had the Tigray and Eritrea before 1991 Derg could have offered article 39 to TPLF AND EPLF and done with it...just what North Sudan did and kept his power ... after 1991... once TPLF win over the Derg Ethiopian no longer own TIgray, it belong to TPLF not only Tigray the whole Ethiopia belong to TPLF ... remember u surrender everything end there and u no longer own Amhara region or Gondar state or every the whole Ethiopia belong to TPLF then how on earth u tell TPLF to take Tigray and go when u dont have even Gondar let alone Tigray .... at this junction tplf CALL THE SHOT... that means TPLF can offer OLF independent or face the same faith like Amhara if oromo win game over ...

let me repeat myself TPLF only have the right to offer u article 39 not u... u dont own nothing u lose everything in 1991... u r alive because of TPLF MERCY otherwise they could have cut u down if u have resisted ...

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 09 Mar 2018, 11:20

Ethiopia must probe and prosecute culprits of recent killings: U.N.

The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein has expressed concern over the reinstatement of a state of emergency (SOE) in Ethiopia – the second in the last two years.

Zeid was delivering his remarks on global update of human rights concerns at the 37th seccion of the Human Rights Council on March 7, 2018.

Whiles applauding reforms started announced in January 2018 and which was being rolled out by way of prisoner releases, the U.N. human rights chief said recent reports of killings needed to be investigated and perpetrators brought to book.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs3UB3wUkAAR6po.jpg[/imgwrap]The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein has expressed concern over the reinstatement of a state of emergency (SOE) in Ethiopia – the second in the last two years.

Ethoash wrote:
RealBull,

as a child did u ever played ቁማር (ብይ) once u lost your ብይ u no longer own it... what Ato HD, saying is very simple Ethiopia or Amhara had the Tigray and Eritrea before 1991 Derg could have offered article 39 to TPLF AND EPLF and done with it...just what North Sudan did and kept his power ... after 1991... once TPLF win over the Derg Ethiopian no longer own TIgray, it belong to TPLF not only Tigray the whole Ethiopia belong to TPLF ... remember u surrender everything end there and u no longer own Amhara region or Gondar state or every the whole Ethiopia belong to TPLF then how on earth u tell TPLF to take Tigray and go when u dont have even Gondar let alone Tigray .... at this junction tplf CALL THE SHOT... that means TPLF can offer OLF independent or face the same faith like Amhara if oromo win game over ...

let me repeat myself TPLF only have the right to offer u article 39 not u... u dont own nothing u lose everything in 1991... u r alive because of TPLF MERCY otherwise they could have cut u down if u have resisted ...

Revelations

Re: Ethiopia must probe and prosecute culprits of recent killings: U.N.

Post by Revelations » 09 Mar 2018, 20:03

በአዲስ አበባ የሚገኙ ሁለት የዩናይትድ ስቴትስ አምባሳደሮች በቴለርሰን ጉብኝት ላይ

ሙሉውን ከተያያዘው የድምፅ ፋይል ያገኛሉ።

https://amharic.voanews.com/a/4288344.html

Lilay

Re: Ethiopia must probe and prosecute culprits of recent killings: U.N.

Post by Lilay » 10 Mar 2018, 08:24

Revelations -- Oh, I see ! so you are relying on others to get you to power now? I thought you were telling us you would be in Menlik palace in 6 months time, right? What happen now? What happens to Arbognoch Ginbar military in Gondar? How pathetic can you guys be? You fight your own battle or live in peace. No one is going to fight for you.

]Abdur Rahman Alfa Shaban

I am concerned about the declaration of a second State of Emergency last month. Reforms can only be carried out successfully through truly inclusive dialogue and political processes.
“In Ethiopia, I welcome the release of more than 7,000 detainees in January and February, including several high profile figures.

“I urge the authorities to investigate and prosecute those responsible for recent killings in the country, and I reiterate my request for access to affected regions,” he said.

He also weighed in on the need for government to commit to reforms and to do so in the spirit of inclusive dialogue. The country is currently under a six-month state of emergency imposed to quell spreading violence. The government has admitted a violent fightback of the measure especially in the Oromia region.

The SOE was imposed barely twenty four hours after the resignation of Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn. The ruling EPRDF is set to pick his successor over the weekend. Desalegn who took the post in 2015 says his decision is to allow the party to fully pursue reforms.

“I am concerned about the declaration of a second State of Emergency last month. Reforms can only be carried out successfully through truly inclusive dialogue and political processes,” Zeid who visited Ethiopia last year stressed.

========================================================================

7 March 2018

In Ethiopia, I welcome the release of more than 7,000 detainees in January and February, including several high profile figures. I am concerned about the declaration of a second State of Emergency last month. Reforms can only be carried out successfully through truly inclusive dialogue and political processes. I urge the authorities to investigate and prosecute those responsible for recent killings in the country, and I reiterate my request for access to affected regions.

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Page ... 2&LangID=E[/quote]