Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

Post by DefendTheTruth » 07 Mar 2018, 14:10

Like to be expected some people still feel that they deserved to treat others just like they see it fit, for short of other words to describe the matter at hand.

Once again Germany will take pride in treating "others" differently than the usual way. "The nation on trial", like some in the medai dubbed it in the past, seems not willing to draw a lesson from its past.

"Four-time Olympic champion Sir Mo Farah says he was racially harassed by security staff at a German airport."

""The guy is touching me up like crazy. Pure harassment. Pure, pure, harassment," Farah wrote."

DefendTheTruth

Re: "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Jul 2018, 14:13

The list keeps growing for "the nation on trial".

The three people here (Mo Fahah, Jerom Boating and now Mesut Ozil) have managed to get their respective experiences in "the nation on trial" come to the day light but for thousands of others their similar experiences on a daily basis keep unfortunately still in the darkness even today in the 21st century.

Mo Farah experienced the treatment he himself posted on the net and then the so called "media organisations" started to report on it.

Before that (in the year 2016, to be more exact) a german politician was reported to have said "Germans do not want Boating as a neighbor" a superstar who has represented "his" country for a number of years as a member of the national football team, including of course during their win of the world-cup in Brazil four years go.

The latest in the row is now Mesut Ozil, another national team member of the German foot-ball association, who also coincidentally stems from parents who are reportedly said to be from Turkey originally. Mesut himself is said to be a third generation turkish migrant family.

Mesut reportedly decided to play for Germany instead of Turkey when he was recruited to the national team, now when the team lost in the first round of world cup in Russia, he is no more a hero, but a son of a "migrant family" who is not good enough to have even his own political opinion.

The German Football Association (DFB) is reportedly said in a statement it released after Mesut quit the team, reportedly because of "racism and disrespectful" he experienced in the team in the last few weeks and months, "this has nothing to do with racism" and by extension trying to tell the world there is no racism in their country. They had an opportunity to be on the right side of history by admitting that racism is a problem in their own country and many other parts of Europe. They choose to deny this, very unfortunate.

Mesut has reportedly said: "when we win I am a German, when we lose then I am a migrant" and the football association calling it this has nothing with racism.

This will be not the last incident and I am sure that I will come back to this thread sometime in the future.

Degnet

Re: "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

Post by Degnet » 23 Jul 2018, 16:06

DefendTheTruth wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 14:13
The list keeps growing for "the nation on trial".

The three people here (Mo Fahah, Jerom Boating and now Mesut Ozil) have managed to get their respective experiences in "the nation on trial" come to the day light but for thousands of others their similar experiences on a daily basis keep unfortunately still in the darkness even today in the 21st century.

Mo Farah experienced the treatment he himself posted on the net and then the so called "media organisations" started to report on it.

Before that (in the year 2016, to be more exact) a german politician was reported to have said "Germans do not want Boating as a neighbor" a superstar who has represented "his" country for a number of years as a member of the national football team, including of course during their win of the world-cup in Brazil four years go.

The latest in the row is now Mesut Ozil, another national team member of the German foot-ball association, who also coincidentally stems from parents who are reportedly said to be from Turkey originally. Mesut himself is said to be a third generation turkish migrant family.

Mesut reportedly decided to play for Germany instead of Turkey when he was recruited to the national team, now when the team lost in the first round of world cup in Russia, he is no more a hero, but a son of a "migrant family" who is not good enough to have even his own political opinion.

The German Football Association (DFB) is reportedly said in a statement it released after Mesut quit the team, reportedly because of "racism and disrespectful" he experienced in the team in the last few weeks and months, "this has nothing to do with racism" and by extension trying to tell the world there is no racism in their country. They had an opportunity to be on the right side of history by admitting that racism is a problem in their own country and many other parts of Europe. They choose to deny this, very unfortunate.

Mesut has reportedly said: "when we win I am a German, when we lose then I am a migrant" and the football association calling it this has nothing with racism.

This will be not the last incident and I am sure that I will come back to this thread sometime in the future.
It is very sad,a lovely person.