Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Tiffany Haddish and Eritrea: We Can Go Home and Eskista Again

Post by teodroseIII » 06 Mar 2018, 10:52

It was a moment that brought me to tears. Watching Tiffany Haddish give a tribute to her Eritrean heritage and observing joys emanating from a person who witnessed her fair share of tribulation was a testimony of her resilience and a hope for all of us. There is depth to Tiffany that is found once you travel behind her humor and understand her life narrative. The funniest comedians are usually the ones who have experienced the most turbulence.

All art that moves us is because there is a stroke of pain in the paint strokes that reminds us of ourselves. I was touched by Tiffany’s joy and her journey to rediscover a home she never knew because I too know the ennui of being disconnected from a place I only remember through traces of memory and flashes of remembrances. Watching the video of Tiffany visiting Eritrea is a beautiful reminder that we can all go home again even if we are visiting for the first time.

Tiffany’s journey back to her roots was one fraught with emotional hurdles. Her connection to Eritrea ran through the genes of a father she only met as an adult. Here is one thing I am certain of, the source of all art is woe. Like most laugh out loud comedians, Tiffany was struck by tragedy on countless occasions throughout her life. At the age of three, she lost her connection to her father Tsihaye Haddish as he left his wife and their children to...continued...

Read full article at https://ghionjournal.com/tiffany-haddish-and-eritrea/