Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Dawi

(P#1)ግብፅን ያስደነገጣት የኢትዮጵያ እርምጃ፣ ኢትዮጵያ የግብፅና አሜሪካ ሴራ ሰለባ እንዳትሆን (P#2) ኤርትራ ብትፈልግም ባትፈልግም ወደ አረቡ አገሮች ሚሊተሪሊ ኤኮኖሚካሊ ፖለቲካሊ ትቆራኛለች፤ ኢትዮጵያ ይህ እንዳይሆን ሃላፊነት አለባት(አብዱል/መ - በሸገር ካፌ)

Post by Dawi » 03 Jan 2018, 04:01

XXX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkNb368hCrg
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Dawi on 03 Jan 2018, 05:20, edited 2 times in total.

Zmeselo
Member+

Re: (P#1)ግብፅን ያስደነገጣት የኢትዮጵያ እርምጃ፣ ኢትዮጵያ የግብፅና አሜሪካ ሴራ ሰለባ እንዳትሆን (P#2) ኤርትራ ብትፈልግም ባትፈልግም ወደ አረቡ አገሮች ሚሊተሪሊ ኤኮኖሚካሊ ፖለቲካሊ ትቆራኛለች፤ ኢትዮጵያ ይህ እንዳይሆን ሃላፊነት አለባት(አብዱል/መ - በሸገር ካፌ)

Post by Zmeselo » 03 Jan 2018, 07:21

It's a waste of time & energi, to debunk what this man said- point by point. Besides, our perspective on Eri-Ethio relations is well known in this forum.

So avoiding that part, I'd like to focus on Eri- Arab relations.

Shaebia, has always been REALISTIC.

It's a fact, whether we like it or not, our immediately geographical neighbours: are the arabs. Hence, one of the reasons why, arabic was chosen as a working language ( not a National language) in Eritrea and why all the leadership is fluent in arabic.

The arab leadership has always seen the EPLF suspiciously, since the rapture with the ELF. The ELF leadership, had done its best to falsely paint the EPLF, as an- anti muslim org.

This image was corrected after independence, to the point that arab leaders and intellectuals, bombarded President Isaias with incredulous questions as to why Eritrea doesn't join the Arab League, on his trips to Arab countries. Some, even had the gall to call him an Arab, based on how proficient in Arabic he is.

This gist of his answers, to their queries:

1. Being an Arab, is not a qualification for joining the League, considering that even the Nation of Suriname, is a member.

2. We will join the League, when we start seeing it achieve something substantial, which until now, we haven't seen any. The League, is a lame duck.

3. Who are you to tell me, whether I'm an Arab or not? How dare you? I met a lot of Egyptians here in Cairo, very proficient in the English language. Are they English now, too?

Etc.

The reason I brought this up, is to say:

ERITREA NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE FOR SALE!

WE HAVE SACRIFICED FATHERS, MOTHERS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO ACHIEVE HER!!!!!!!

Dawi

Re: (P#1)ግብፅን ያስደነገጣት የኢትዮጵያ እርምጃ፣ ኢትዮጵያ የግብፅና አሜሪካ ሴራ ሰለባ እንዳትሆን (P#2) ኤርትራ ብትፈልግም ባትፈልግም ወደ አረቡ አገሮች ሚሊተሪሊ ኤኮኖሚካሊ ፖለቲካሊ ትቆራኛለች፤ ኢትዮጵያ ይህ እንዳይሆን ሃላፊነት አለባት(አብዱል/መ - በሸገር ካፌ)

Post by Dawi » 03 Jan 2018, 12:09

Zmeselo wrote:This gist of his answers, to their queries:1. Being an Arab, is not a qualification for joining the League, considering that even the Nation of Suriname, is a member.2. We will join the League, when we start seeing it achieve something substantial, which until now, we haven't seen any. The League, is a lame duck.3. Who are you to tell me, whether I'm an Arab or not? How dare you? I met a lot of Egyptians here in Cairo, very proficient in the English language. Are they English now, too?Etc.The reason I brought this up, is to say: ERITREA NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE FOR SALE!
C'mon Zmeselo! Everything is for sale with the right price.

On the serious side, this is the first time I heard Isaias had said, "Who are you to tell me I'm an Arab" to the Egyptians? It is a respectable position to take; It is nice to know he still holds some "Zeray Deres-ness" feeling in him.

What Abdul suggested then was to keep Isaias independent; by not pushing Eritrea too far with "no war no peace" towards the Arabs; he said, Ethiopia should accommodate more and create peace.

When Meles raised the Nile issue in Egypt a long time ago and that Egyptian minister tried to bully him by saying "who is Meles to talk about Nile"? The answer was, "I will show the Arabs who I am made of!"

Well today, GERD is being built; as Abdul pointed out, protected with a military capacity to defend it & Egypt will pay huge price if it touches it; further more, Sudan has lined up with Ethiopia for good, to protect its interest. 8)
Zmeselo wrote:It's a waste of time & energi, to debunk what this man said- point by point.
"Debunk" what? You have nothing to debunk. Abdul didn't say anything negative towards you in the first place.

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 03 Jan 2018, 16:21

Dawi wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:This gist of his answers, to their queries:1. Being an Arab, is not a qualification for joining the League, considering that even the Nation of Suriname, is a member.2. We will join the League, when we start seeing it achieve something substantial, which until now, we haven't seen any. The League, is a lame duck.3. Who are you to tell me, whether I'm an Arab or not? How dare you? I met a lot of Egyptians here in Cairo, very proficient in the English language. Are they English now, too?Etc.The reason I brought this up, is to say: ERITREA NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE FOR SALE!
C'mon Zmeselo! Everything is for sale with the right price.

On the serious side, this is the first time I heard Isaias had said, "Who are you to tell me I'm an Arab" to the Egyptians? It is a respectable position to take; It is nice to know he still holds some "Zeray Deres-ness" feeling in him.

What Abdul suggested then was to keep Isaias independent; by not pushing Eritrea too far with "no war no peace" towards the Arabs; he said, Ethiopia should accommodate more and create peace.

When Meles raised the Nile issue in Egypt a long time ago and that Egyptian minister tried to bully him by saying "who is Meles to talk about Nile"? The answer was, "I will show the Arabs who I am made of!"

Well today, GERD is being built; as Abdul pointed out, protected with a military capacity to defend it & Egypt will pay huge price if it touches it; further more, Sudan has lined up with Ethiopia for good, to protect its interest. 8)
Zmeselo wrote:It's a waste of time & energi, to debunk what this man said- point by point.
"Debunk" what? You have nothing to debunk. Abdul didn't say anything negative towards you in the first place.
Dawi,

Zmeselo is a smart guy. What he has written makes a lot of sense. Eritreans have studied the Arabs for centuries and know very well how to deal with them. Abdul shouldn't worry about a Red Sea country behaving in way that fits with its geographic location and importance.

----
ኢትዮጵያ የግብፅና አሜሪካ ሴራ ሰለባ እንዳትሆን :roll: :roll: