Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abdisa

Migrant-Rights.Org: Refugees from Tigray Pretend to be Muslims and Change Their Names When Migrating to Arab Countries

Post by Abdisa » 01 Jan 2018, 21:42

“They have no idea what they might face, what to do in a challenging situation, and many of them don’t even speak Amharic, let alone English or Arabic. Most of them speak other Ethiopian languages [Tigrigna], which puts them at a distinct disadvantage.”

[Stories of Origin] Failed migrations and the community approach

In the concluding part of our four-part series, we look at the psychological impact of failed migration and the new regulation on which Ethiopia hedges its bets.

Jan 1 2018
Vani Saraswathi
The writer is the Associate Editor and Director of Projects at Migrant-Rights.org.

A young girl, no more than 15, clutches her passport and stands in line at the immigration counter. Her boarding pass says Jeddah. As soon as she clears immigration, an older male and female companions snatch the documents away from her. She doesn’t look surprised. Her shoulders stoop under the weight of the airbag that holds all her worldly possessions. The three then join a slightly larger group of women in the waiting area of the departure terminal.

It’s a narrative without borders. Migration is a means to an economic end. It is also seen as a protection, to escape domestic violence, poverty and prostitution. It’s symptomatic of what happens to girls in patriarchal societies.
  • They feel they should pretend to be Muslims if they are not, so change their names to reflect a new persona.”
Read More...
https://www.migrant-rights.org/2018/01/ ... -conclude/

Abdisa

Re: Migrant-Rights.Org: Refugees from Tigray Pretend to be Muslims and Change Their Names When Migrating to Arab Countries

Post by Abdisa » 01 Jan 2018, 23:54

The Arabic title of the video says....
"Ethiopian Tigray refugees retaliate for deportation"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG! Look at what the Agame did to the Saudi Airlines :shock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSYPcc6gkrE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSYPcc6gkrE

Dawi

Re: Migrant-Rights.Org: Refugees from Tigray Pretend to be Muslims and Change Their Names When Migrating to Arab Countries

Post by Dawi » 02 Jan 2018, 00:46

Abdisa - you were brutal with the kids. Why?

Are you concerned for the Saudi Air or the children's plight?

There is no magic bullet but, "developmental state" is the fastest way to get out of poverty.
Bwendimu wrote: » 20 Dec 2017, 21:42
My main purpose of travelling to Abyssinia ( Amara and Tigirai) was to see all with my eyes. What I saw proofed what I used to argue all along. Tigires never benefited from TPLF rule of Ethiopia but the TPLF members. The majority of Tigires are struggling like any other Ethiopian. If they live better they earn it because they work very hard. I don't know if you believe this. The Amara peasant life is changing fast.
I used to tell my readers don't judge people as if they are a single individual. They all got their own individuality. Some are cruel like the maikelawi investigeter who fed Oromos their own feces and forced them drink urine. Don't forget there are so many colaboraters from Amara and Oromo. There is a rulling class led by TPLF in Ethiopia that is different from any ethnic group they claim represent. It is under Lamma team OPDO is changed but before the OPDO was nothing but the other coin of TPLF. To morrow team Hagos can rise in TPLF and divert the front from its destructive pass.
As for now let me tell you Tigires in Tigirai are very innocent of both TPLF crimes and development.
Dr. Debresion has admitted what Bwendimu wrote above.

As the root cause is poverty, to get out of it, government in Africa need to address the fastest way of providing education, health and building infrastructure.

Ethiopia has done a good job in all three areas although the quality has been questioned and the government has tried to address it. They have increased salaries of teachers for one.

They have done well in building infrastructure. The rail to Djibouti is going to lower cost of transport and energy becoming the cheapest in Africa, with the Hydro powers coming in line lowering energy cost, we will attract more FDI to do manufacturing to create employment.

You stopping opposing GERD shall help. :P
Abdisa wrote:
The Arabic title of the video says....
"Ethiopian Tigray refugees retaliate for deportation"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG! Look at what the Agame did to the Saudi Airlines :shock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSYPcc6gkrE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSYPcc6gkrE

Degnet

Post by Degnet » 02 Jan 2018, 04:13

Dawi,
Leave about what you are supporting now and accuse this idiot of his rudeness,zerbabi wedi [deleted]

Degnet

Post by Degnet » 02 Jan 2018, 04:29

yesewn moral lemetal yemifelg wesha ye wesha lij new,with all respect to Awash,who needs them here.