Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus
Member+

Political Fools & Tribal Emotionalists Are Surprised By Abadula's Woyane Trick & Flip-Flop Drama. Why?

Post by Horus » 30 Dec 2017, 01:44

XXX
BECAUSE THEY DON'T GRASP THE ESSENCE OF POLITICS, TRIBAL WOYANE TRICKS AND NEVER GRASP WHAT IT MEANS TO HOLD AN ETHIOPIAN AGENDA INSTEAD OF IMMATURE ETHNIC CONFUSION AND EMOTIONAL ORGY. I AM HORUS - I DON' MINCE WORDS. KER !

BY THE WAY THIS IS ALSO A GOOD POINT OF LEARNING FOR DR. BERHANU. DON'T TRUST TRIBAL SELF-SEEKERS. BASIC TEST: ETHIOPIAN AGENDA !

READ:

http://mereja.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151981

yaballo

Re: Political Fools & Tribal Emotionalists Are Surprised By Abadula's Woyane Trick & Flip-Flop Drama. Why?

Post by yaballo » 30 Dec 2017, 04:02

Not really.

Ethiopia's brutal rulers always had a tribal agenda & never your silly 'Ethiopian agenda'.

The country has always been a tribal/ethnic apartheid empire; where either the Amhara or their banda tigre cousins had all the powers & indulged in state-terrorism, machiavellian power plays of divide-&-rule, the art of pitting one tribe against the other in order to squash dissent & debilitating byzantine intrigues that kept Ethiopia as nothing more than a giant prison for its 80+ tribes.

Before the banda tigre tribal hegemony & empire, there was an Amhara one & your beloved Menelik II was the most accomplished Amhara tribalist, where the rest of Ethiopia was nothing more than a brutalised milk cow forced to feed his Shoan Amhara co-tribalists in particular & Amhara in general.

Of course, he [Menelik II] too had his own 'Abba Duulas', 'Bereket Simons', 'Haile Mariam Desalegn' & other trusted banda collaborators from non-Amhara tribes.

In fact, banda tigres did nothing more than copy-&-paste Menelik's Amhara tribal apartheid system & somehow improved on it. Tribal empire & tribal favouritism have been the NORM in Ethiopia politics, never the EXCEPTION. :idea:

kibramlak

Re: Political Fools & Tribal Emotionalists Are Surprised By Abadula's Woyane Trick & Flip-Flop Drama. Why?

Post by kibramlak » 30 Dec 2017, 15:06

yaballo wrote:Not really.

Ethiopia's brutal rulers always had a tribal agenda & never your silly 'Ethiopian agenda'.

The country has always been a tribal/ethnic apartheid empire; where either the Amhara or their banda tigre cousins had all the powers & indulged in state-terrorism, machiavellian power plays of divide-&-rule, the art of pitting one tribe against the other in order to squash dissent & debilitating byzantine intrigues that kept Ethiopia as nothing more than a giant prison for its 80+ tribes.

Before the banda tigre tribal hegemony & empire, there was an Amhara one & your beloved Menelik II was the most accomplished Amhara tribalist, where the rest of Ethiopia was nothing more than a brutalised milk cow forced to feed his Shoan Amhara co-tribalists in particular & Amhara in general.

Of course, he [Menelik II] too had his own 'Abba Duulas', 'Bereket Simons', 'Haile Mariam Desalegn' & other trusted banda collaborators from non-Amhara tribes.

In fact, banda tigres did nothing more than copy-&-paste Menelik's Amhara tribal apartheid system & somehow improved on it. Tribal empire & tribal favouritism have been the NORM in Ethiopia politics, never the EXCEPTION. :idea:

Here we go again, I am curious to hear if there was ethnic based politics ever existed in Ethiopia before TPLF. Aba Dulla affiliates are making U turn in this form, lol. No one was cared about Dula or Simon, both are good for nothing. I think, this is a good news for others

present
Member+

Post by present » 30 Dec 2017, 18:36

Yaballo is an ascari so of course he is going to say that. Italians screwed the the ascaris up they hate to see others be free and themselves. Ethiopias never been tribalists. That is why Oromo and Amara were able to unit when they needed. Imagine a unity with ascari tribalists, it will be like marrying a nasty b!tch, you will never be happy in the house becasue every time she opens her nasty mind you will be disgusted

Horus
Member+

Post by Horus » 30 Dec 2017, 21:03

Kibramlak,

That is exactly my feeling. As the saying goes, bad theory is rectified by good practice. Tribal 'theory' is a bad theory. It is the good tribal practice of the likes of Abadula that confirms its fallacy. Those who were too quick to dance to the tricks of folks like Abadula can sit with disappointments. Only the total rejection of tribalism called by 1001 names (national question, bla bla ...) can we even begin to have a shot at genuine democracy and federalism in Ethiopia.

Those of us who see the true content of modern day tribal "politics", should be bold enough to call for the total discarding of TPLF manufactured killils and call for new methods of organizing diversity in Ethiopia. But, so long as present tribal structures are allowed or accepted there will never be democracy in Ethiopia.

Fed_Up

Post by Fed_Up » 30 Dec 2017, 23:06

I hate to say I told you so....only puzzinet Agamew is happy with the development. Now what?? ዝም ጭጭ እንደ ባግዳድ ወይስ ጥሎ መውደቅ እንደ ወንዶቹ? እስኪ አማራ ኦሮሞ ምን እንደሚያደርጉ እንይ... የወይኔ ንቀት ኢትዬጵያዊያን ላይ ለከት አጥቷል:: ያው እንግዲህ እረ ጎራው .... ዘራፍ ... ቅቅቅ

ወይ መአልቲ ቅቅቅቅ

minilikze3rd

Post by minilikze3rd » 01 Jan 2018, 02:59

hate to say I told you so....only puzzinet Agamew is happy with the development. Now what?? ዝም ጭጭ እንደ ባግዳድ ወይስ ጥሎ መውደቅ እንደ ወንዶቹ? እስኪ አማራ ኦሮሞ ምን እንደሚያደርጉ እንይ... የወይኔ ንቀት ኢትዬጵያዊያን ላይ ለከት አጥቷል:: ያው እንግዲህ እረ ጎራው .... ዘራፍ ... ቅቅቅ

ወይ መአልቲ ቅቅቅቅ
Faakedup the [deleted] hamasine,
Anchi bidatam hamasine lesbo, you better not brag too much about the prowess of your Tigreweyane masters and liberators, at least we the half Amaras like myself and the full Amaras such as abaymado and amdetsion do share the respected agazian-Tigre religion, culture and history, but you and gallas have nothing in common with agazian Tigres, because they did not even want you to write in their alphabets, period! And you can't name and shame present as galla-amara on one hand and appreciate him as agame on the other hand, unless you are a duplicitous subhuman, a typical ho'moshenay, liar and double-speaker that is.

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 Jan 2018, 08:19

Horus wrote:Kibramlak,

That is exactly my feeling. As the saying goes, bad theory is rectified by good practice. Tribal 'theory' is a bad theory. It is the good tribal practice of the likes of Abadula that confirms its fallacy. Those who were too quick to dance to the tricks of folks like Abadula can sit with disappointments. Only the total rejection of tribalism called by 1001 names (national question, bla bla ...) can we even begin to have a shot at genuine democracy and federalism in Ethiopia.

Those of us who see the true content of modern day tribal "politics", should be bold enough to call for the total discarding of TPLF manufactured killils and call for new methods of organizing diversity in Ethiopia. But, so long as present tribal structures are allowed or accepted there will never be democracy in Ethiopia.
Horus the hypocrite,

Why expose yourself in such a short-message and tell us how little you'r understanding of the topic that you seem to present and trying to sound a politcal guru, who can "salvage" Ethiopia?

How can someone be able to call for a "total rejection of tribalism called by 1001 names" and at the same time try to sound someone who could also "organizing diversity in Ethiopia"?

Could you tell us about your "organiszing diversity" in more detail, how should it look like, or even define it and add a bit of more elaboration?

How did you express yourself with regard to your "new method of organizing diversity in Ethiopia" in your lengthy statement before a week or so, The Most Basic National Mission of Ethiopia or did you even raise any importance of your "new method of organizing diversity in Ethiopia" ? Or why was it failing in your "basic national mission"?

I was in fact expecting for you to come back and defend your own claim that you made less than a week before my view where I tried to formulate the nature of Ethiopia's long-lasting problem and and suggested a possible solution celebrate our diversity to defend our unity. The two must be set in balance and both can’t succeed without the other prevailing

But you were a disappointment, and don't try to act please, just because many people who can offer better chose not to participate on this forum (any more) for whatever reason, but they too are still stakeholders, and don't forget that in trying to sound a guru who can offer all the solutions but you are defiant in your empty bravado

Horus
Member+

Post by Horus » 01 Jan 2018, 15:17

Defend the Truth,

Guru is not an insult. The ancient Egyptian priests were called Gurus. In Sanskrit, Guru is title of wisdom. As you well know 'Gurz' is the Gurage term for Elder and 'gurzina' literally means 'shimgilina'. So I have to do more to get that title.

I have carefully read your opinion. If you remember, a massive amount of debate and analysis has been done on federalism in the 1990s and a little later. So, people are tired of saying the same thing.

You want to balance unity and diversity. There is no balance between unity and diversity. It is a logical fallacy. A reality is whole. When the whole is divided, it ceases to be that reality. There could a new whole. But that new whole is not a division.

The balance is between democracy and unity. The balance between individual rights and collective responsibility. Here is why there is no balance between tribal division and national unity.

Democracy is about power, the power to decide who gets what and how. It is about the distribution of resources, benefits, and the method there of.

Tribalism is about group power, a claim of group control of resources by its own tribe by exclusion of other tribes. Precisely for this reason tribal category is never a political decision making tool or method.

The reason is this. Tribes are not of the same size. Every tribe has different population size.

In democracy, the unit of counting, hence the unit of distribution and assumption of rights and duties is the INDIVIDUAL PERSON (be it legal or natural person).

So, to use tribes of different sizes, regions, resources etc as unit of political structures (organizing methods), the ORIGINAL SIN of politics. It is the most basic defect of political thinking and of course tragic political practice.

Tribe as unit of political calculation (politics is a system of calculation and negotiation) produces a permanent system of injustice, ethnocracy, kleptocracy, autocracy, authoritarianism and any combination of those.

Its effect is ethnic cleansing, genocide, mass eviction, dislocation, chaos and permanent inter-racial wars.

You asked for a new way of organizing diversity.

I want to read multiple books by Dr. Berhanu. The way to solve this matter is as follows.

The first step is to agree that our political system will not be based on tribal, ethnic, or religious categories.

The second principle to agree that the foundation of our political system is the free human individual (freedoms and liberties ) of each person.

The third principle is to design most just, progressive, efficient and practical grouping methods as the structures of the federal national system.

The selection criteria must follow the fundamental core modern democratic values such as does it secure the full liberties of the individual, does it enhance the full human development potential of the individual, is it efficient for economic development, communication, national security etc...

On most of those details, the people will vote on them. They are not tribal claims and inter-tribal power games. These are national discourses on choosing the best ways of structuring the entire nation as one integrated political, economic, social and cultural systems.

All of the DIVERSITIES - TRIBE, GENDER, REGION, CLIMATE, WATER, LAND, AIR, NATURAL RESOURCE - ELEMENTS THAT NO SINGLE TRIBE CREATED ARE MERE PARTS AND PIECES OF THE ABOVE INTEGRATED SYSTEM

In any event. The purpose of national unity is not to prop up tribes and their eternal division and wars. The purpose of national unity is the protect the rights and liberties of the individual and his/her full human development.

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 Jan 2018, 16:03

Horus,

why try to read something that was't written? You start your lengthy speech with words related to tribe, tribal, ethnocracy, kleptocracy, etc. and end with the same words. Fact is that you can't show where I tried to talk in favoure of those phenomena.

I tried to express my view on the importance of democracy with the words like "Somebody can’t make a true democracy where it can’t also ensure the principle of equal opportunities for all of the citizens of the country" and if you think there is a call for those words you used then please come back and prove me wrong.

I didn't read Dr. Berhanu's book that you referred to but if you don't mind please elaborate about how he tried to present his view with regard to celeberating our diversity. Did he took stance, for example, with respect to the different languages in the country in making up what makes Ethiopia what it is. We can't go overseas and borrow an Ethiopia that we wish to have, rather we have to adjust ourselves to the reality of the Ethiopia that we already have and build it, a homegrown solution that is based on the real problem at hand.

Did Dr. Berhanu for example take stance on the significance of the different languages in the country in the new Ethiopia he and co. envisaged to build in the future? If yes how, if no why?

I don't know much about his political program and I didn't read him that much but i hear people complain about him as someone who is trying to re-install the system which was previously tried and failed. In my view that is what amounts to trying to do the same thing all over again and try to tell the outcome will be different this time around, unless that must be a kind of joke.

In general what you wrote is not related to what I treid to express as my view in the link I provided above, unless you are trying to write about something you wish I have said, for whatever reason.

Repeating again and again "tribal, tribal, tribal ..." doesn't do the job either, like trying to bring everything under the same and only one entity that is without any kind of differentiation within it, which has failed and will also fail in the future, because it doesn't take the reality on the ground into consideration, in the claimed solution, in my view at least.

Horus
Member+

Post by Horus » 01 Jan 2018, 16:29

Defend z truth,

We already have a tribal group that does not read in power. It would be insanity to debate the virtue of tribalism with someone who does not read. If you don't read, Berhanu why should I waste my time with you? did you read what I said above? If you remember, a massive amount of debate and analysis has been done on federalism in the 1990s and a little later. So, people are tired of saying the same thing.
Bye!

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 Jan 2018, 17:21

Perhpas the bigger insanity could lie in trying to do same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, if you get it.

I am not much interested in the volume of those papers or analyses as in their conclusion with respect to the issue at hand here. How did they address the issue of "celeberating our diversity..." in the said papers and analyses with respect to federalism, if they did, if they didn't, then why? This is a simple question, I guess.

If there is one, then there shouldn't be a resean for you to hold it back, isn't it? If there was one, then you should have incorporated it in the lengthy paper you presented recently under "The Ethiopian National Agenda..." as a reference, yeah?

Horus
Member+

Post by Horus » 01 Jan 2018, 23:48

Defend....,

UNITY IS CELEBRATED. DIVERSITY (DIFFERENCE) IS TOLERATED. GET YOUR LOGIC IN ORDER. ETHIOPIA IN UNITY. CELEBRATE ETHIOPIA. TRIBE IS CHAOS. AT BEST TOLERATE TRIBE UNTIL IT GOES AWAY.

Let us get off this matter.