Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo
Member
Posts: 1478
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Tigrai money laundering via Eritrea

Post by justo » 06 Dec 2018, 23:49

Tigray merchants are selling their goods at a very cheap price in Eritrea, without earning any profit, probably even losing some money in the process.

Why are they doing it, many ask. They are doing this for money laundering purposes.

Tigrai merchants know that Abiy is soon going to change the Birr to flash out criminally appropriated Birr in the coffers of EFFORT and other Tigrai merchants. So the Tigrians are trying to get ahead of this and convert as much money as possible to other currencies, including dollar and Nakfa.

Actually in Eritrea, they are insisting on getting paid in Nakfa or dollar, they don't accept Birr, which supposedly is their own currency

justo
Member
Posts: 1478
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Tigrai money laundering via Eritrea

Post by justo » 07 Dec 2018, 00:33

Isaias and Abiy should coordinate and change Birr and Nakfa simultaneously, they should give some time for EFFORT to changes its Birr into Nakfa and then print new Nakfa and Birr at the same time and confiscate the dirty money in the hand of EFFORT. The dollars, the Yen and the Renminbi outside Ethiopia, Abiy can always get back by mobilising international support

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+
Posts: 25630
Joined: 30 May 2010, 23:04

Re: Tigrai money laundering via Eritrea

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 07 Dec 2018, 00:37

justo wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 23:49
Tigray merchants are selling their goods at a very cheap price in Eritrea, without earning any profit, probably even losing some money in the process.

Why are they doing it, many ask. They are doing this for money laundering purposes.

Tigrai merchants know that Abiy is soon going to change the Birr to flash out criminally appropriated Birr in the coffers of EFFORT and other Tigrai merchants. So the Tigrians are trying to get ahead of this and convert as much money as possible to other currencies, including dollar and Nakfa.

Actually in Eritrea, they are insisting on getting paid in Nakfa or dollar, they don't accept Birr, which supposedly is their own currency
This is the exact thing I said few minutes ago in another thread, how the me'egema moron Sawa trying to fool educated people. If Abiy had a plan to changed the currency Birr in the country why Tigrayans sale their finished products and crops at cheap price instead of buying at any price in order to convert their holds Birr to avoid the Abiy master plan??? Ata Tire Qofo ras do you understand the logic, you talk without any thought what you are saying???

justo
Member
Posts: 1478
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Tigrai money laundering via Eritrea

Post by justo » 07 Dec 2018, 00:46

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 00:37
justo wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 23:49
Tigray merchants are selling their goods at a very cheap price in Eritrea, without earning any profit, probably even losing some money in the process.

Why are they doing it, many ask. They are doing this for money laundering purposes.

Tigrai merchants know that Abiy is soon going to change the Birr to flash out criminally appropriated Birr in the coffers of EFFORT and other Tigrai merchants. So the Tigrians are trying to get ahead of this and convert as much money as possible to other currencies, including dollar and Nakfa.

Actually in Eritrea, they are insisting on getting paid in Nakfa or dollar, they don't accept Birr, which supposedly is their own currency
This is the exact thing I said few minutes ago in another thread, how the me'egema moron Sawa trying to fool educated people. If Abiy had a plan to changed the currency Birr in the country why Tigrayans sale their finished products and crops at cheap price instead of buying at any price in order to convert their holds Birr to avoid the Abiy master plan??? Ata Tire Qofo ras do you understand the logic, you talk without any thought what you are saying???
They are doing just that, you moron!

Buying goods in Ethiopia at expensive prices to change their Birr into commodities, and selling goods cheap in Eritrea to change their Birr into Nakfa. What part of it is difficult for you to understand?

justo
Member
Posts: 1478
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Tigrai money laundering via Eritrea

Post by justo » 07 Dec 2018, 00:49

The problem is in Ethiopia, nobody is buying anything from them or selling anything to them, it is a total silent boycott. That is why they are focusing on Eritrea

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+
Posts: 25630
Joined: 30 May 2010, 23:04

Re: Tigrai money laundering via Eritrea

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 07 Dec 2018, 01:18

justo wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 00:49
The problem is in Ethiopia, nobody is buying anything from them or selling anything to them, it is a total silent boycott. That is why they are focusing on Eritrea
When you have Birr and the birr is going to be scrapped, do you convert it to something else like any kind of food crops and cash crops and then free from Birr and then once the birr is changed to another currency you sale them??? You told us Tigrayans are selling their finished goods, food and cash crop very cheap in Eritrea because the know Abiy is going to change the currency in the country. What school did you go to think that way moroney???

justo
Member
Posts: 1478
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Tigrai money laundering via Eritrea

Post by justo » 07 Dec 2018, 01:27

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 01:18
justo wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 00:49
The problem is in Ethiopia, nobody is buying anything from them or selling anything to them, it is a total silent boycott. That is why they are focusing on Eritrea
When you have Birr and the birr is going to be scrapped, do you convert it to something else like any kind of food crops and cash crops and then free from Birr and then once the birr is changed to another currency you sale them??? You told us Tigrayans are selling their finished goods, food and cash crop very cheap in Eritrea because the know Abiy is going to change the currency in the country. What school did you go to think that way moroney???
Anta dedeb, are you dement?

I told you they are doing both. They are converting Birr into non-perishable commodity in Ethiopia by buying at a high price. At the same time they are selling other perishable commodities in Eritrea cheaply to convert Birr to Nakfa. The keywords are perishable and non-perishable commodities if you understand the difference, buying non-perishable commodities in Ethiopia and selling their perishable commodities in Eritrea. You're talking about my field of expertise, moron!

As I told you, the problem is that there is a silent boycott in Ethiopia, so nobody is buying from you or selling to you

justo
Member
Posts: 1478
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Tigrai money laundering via Eritrea

Post by justo » 07 Dec 2018, 23:20

It is good that Tigrai is defiant and not apologetic, this will make it less likely that people will forget or forgive the crimes

Post Reply