Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Somaliman
Member+

Re: Somaliland rebellion 1978-1991

Post by Somaliman » 31 Aug 2024, 09:13

There has never been such thing as "The Somaliland War of Independence."

In case you didn't know it, anyone can edit any document on Wikipedia to their liking, as it's an open source. References from Wikipedia are not even allowed in academic writings.

The conflict was about a ragtag separatist militia hosted, funded, and armed by Ethiopia, calling itself (SNM) messed with the government soldiers in the north.

The statue of the fighter plane in Hargeisa is completely a fake one. No plane has bombed civilians in the north.

By the way, Siad Barre's government was not defeated by this militia, as his fate was rather decided in the south.

Dama

Post by Dama » 31 Aug 2024, 10:04

Somaliman

You brush over many facts. I dont know where to begin to correct you. You seem to tell lies in daylight.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 31 Aug 2024, 16:58

Dama wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 10:04
Somaliman

You brush over many facts. I dont know where to begin to correct you. You seem to tell lies in daylight.

Please stop calling crap you got from Wikipedia facts. As I've told you, anyone can publish and/or edit any crap they want on Wikipedia.

Not a single Ethiopian has the capacity to challenge me on the history of my country, leave alone correcting me. Not because it's on my country, but I know it better than any Ethiopian.

Zack

Post by Zack » 31 Aug 2024, 17:20

Somaliman actually you are wrong on this. The snm was a separatist movement though they claimed they weren’t . I have listens to an interview with the late abdulahi yusuuf he said the reason why we could not form a joint alliance with the snm . Was because they had a sepratist ideology . It was an interview Don by the the famous bbc Somali journalist abdisalam Hereri. Where Abdilahi explained the difference between his ssdf and the snm . It was ideological

Dr Zackovich

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 31 Aug 2024, 17:29

Zack wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:20
Somaliman actually you are wrong on this. The snm was a separatist movement though they claimed they weren’t . I have listens to an interview with the late abdulahi yusuuf he said the reason why we could not form a joint alliance with the snm . Was because they had a sepratist ideology . It was an interview Don by the the famous bbc Somali journalist abdisalam Hereri. Where Abdilahi explained the difference between his ssdf and the snm . It was ideological

Dr Zackovich

How am I wrong, as you're exactly repeating what I've said?

Dama

Post by Dama » 31 Aug 2024, 17:38

Somaliman wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 16:58
Dama wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 10:04
Somaliman

Please stop calling crap you got from Wikipedia facts. As I've told you, anyone can publish and/or edit any crap they want on Wikipedia.

Not a single Ethiopian has the capacity to challenge me on the history of my country, leave alone correcting me. Not because it's on my country, but I know it better than any Ethiopian.
Anyone can publish and edit wikipedia. This not news to me. Whats news to me is such peer-published, peer-reviewed and editted information on wikipedia is all lies.

Youre just comical!

Zack

Post by Zack » 31 Aug 2024, 17:39

You said there was no such thing as independence somaliland liberation war being fought them being a sepratist isn’t that what they wished to achieve or am I missing something

Dr Zackovich

Dama

Post by Dama » 31 Aug 2024, 17:59

Somaliland never accepted union with Italian Somalia.

"The Act of Union, 1961, for all of Somalia was widely rejected in the former State of Somaliland in a referendum held on 20 June 1961; with half of the population in the State of Somaliland (the north-west of nascent Somali Republic), the major cities of the former British protectorate voted against the ratification of the constitution – Hargeisa (72%), Berbera (69%), Burao (66%) and Erigavo (69%) – all returning negative votes."

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 31 Aug 2024, 18:08

Zack wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:39
You said there was no such thing as independence somaliland liberation war being fought them being a sepratist isn’t that what they wished to achieve or am I missing something

Dr Zackovich

It all depends on what you call a war! If you call a ragtag separatist group hosted and funded by Ethiopia crossing the border and trying to create disorder playing hit and hide among the population, which was not supporting them in their majority, a war, leave alone "Somaliland liberation war", then call it as you like, if that's what pleases you, albeit the fact is entirely different. I reiterate, there has never been such thing as "Somaliland liberation war."

C'mon, you know perfectly well that your knowledge on issues in Somalia is rudimentary and your accounts are only based upon what people have told you at cafeterias.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 31 Aug 2024, 18:12

Dama wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:59

"The Act of Union, 1961, for all of Somalia was widely rejected in the former State of Somaliland in a referendum held on 20 June 1961; with half of the population in the State of Somaliland (the north-west of nascent Somali Republic), the major cities of the former British protectorate voted against the ratification of the constitution – Hargeisa (72%), Berbera (69%), Burao (66%) and Erigavo (69%) – all returning negative votes."

You're only parroting crap you've copied from Wikipedia and nothing else.

Zack

Post by Zack » 31 Aug 2024, 18:31

Somaliman wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:08
Zack wrote:

Dr Zackovich

It all depends on what you call a war! If you call a ragtag separatist group hosted and funded by Ethiopia crossing the border and trying to create disorder playing hit and hide among the population, which was not supporting them in their majority, a war, leave alone "Somaliland liberation war", then call it as you like, if that's what pleases you, albeit the fact is entirely different. I reiterate, there has never been such thing as "Somaliland liberation war."

C'mon, you know perfectly well that your knowledge on issues in Somalia is rudimentary and your accounts are only based upon what people have told you at cafeterias.

I am very familiar with the region to be honest I visited the north in 1987 as a very young fellow I was about 8 or 9 years old I went with my aunt there .and I remember we were always avoiding the main roads. Because at that time blockade or isbaaros were being set by the snm miltia . Especially in between kalabaydh and wajaale. My point was call it a war or not a war there was a conflict there between the govt and the rebels and rebels intentions was what they call liberation . Or to secede . So how was it not independence liberation wasn’t their intention to be independent to begin with hence the declaration in 91 .

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 31 Aug 2024, 18:47

Zack wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:31
Somaliman wrote:
Zack wrote:

Dr Zackovich

I am very familiar with the region to be honest I visited the north in 1987 as a very young fellow I was about 8 or 9 years old I went with my aunt there .and I remember we were always avoiding the main roads. Because at that time blockade or isbaaros were being set by the snm miltia . Especially in between kalabaydh and wajaale. My point was call it a war or not a war there was a conflict there between the govt and the rebels and rebels intentions was what they call liberation . Or to secede . So how was it not independence liberation wasn’t their intention to be independent to begin with hence the declaration in 91 .
No, it wasn't a war at all, leave alone a liberation, or an independence one. It was purely an infiltration of a ragtag group for a power struggle similar to Abdullahi Yusuf's or General Aidid's ragtag groups; all the fuc'kers were hosted, funded, and armed by Ethiopia, and they were all up to taking up Barre's position. They were all after power and nothing else. This is a fact.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 31 Aug 2024, 19:44

Zack wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:31
Somaliman wrote:
Zack wrote:

Dr Zackovich

As for their declaration in 1991, you would need to listen to Cali Khaliif Galeydh and Siilaanyo (a former president of this enclave) both, as you may know, passed away a while ago. Initially it had nothing to do with independence; hence, the late friction between Galeydh and Siilaanyo, as they were both signatories to such a declaration.

The main foundation of their declaration was this: Since Somalia was getting broken down, they said let's try to pacify our neighbourhoods and wait and see, all of them eyeing on villa Somalia, Mogadishu. But since the struggle for power for this damn villa had intensified and that they had realised that their chances were slim, they made such a declaration of seceding from the rest of the country, when there wasn't any united country to secede from in the first place

Zack

Post by Zack » 31 Aug 2024, 19:50

i will try to listen to those interviews thanks for the reference

By the way i dont think Siilaanyo has died though ma maqal geeridisa galaydh aun died though.

Dr Zackovich

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 31 Aug 2024, 20:14

Zack wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 19:50
i will try to listen to those interviews thanks for the reference

By the way i dont think Siilaanyo has died though ma maqal geeridisa galaydh aun died though.

Dr Zackovich

I thought Siilaanyo had died, as I haven't heard of him for years.

Listen to Prof. Cali Kaliif in particular accusing Siilaanyo of having failed to respect their declaration of 1991. He gave extensive speeches on this issue. I personally met him and also know the family of his wife, including his wife.

Dama

Post by Dama » 31 Aug 2024, 21:30

Somaliman wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:12
Dama wrote:

Yes, I do because its true. You lie without shame. Listen to Dr. Edna Adan. She says almost exactly the same political history of the troubled union between the.north and south or British and Italian Somalia.
Listen to her you will learn a lot.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 31 Aug 2024, 21:57

Dama wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 21:30
Somaliman wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:12
Dama wrote:

Yes, I do because its true. You lie without shame. Listen to Dr. Edna Adan. She says almost exactly the same political history of the troubled union between the.north and south or British and Italian Somalia.
Listen to her you will learn a lot.

This witch is not a doctor at all. She's a midwife. She has never studied medicine.

I saw her once on YouTube while saying to white people that this breakaway region had been known as Somaliland for 3000 years, clearly hinting that she had contracted your Ethiopian falsehood.

By the way, you fuc'king dirty Agame Abel Qael, Thomas H, Abo, etc go care about your own stinking poverty-stricken Agame people. If you run out of usernames, just call yourself Agame beggar.