Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus
Senior Member+

THE HISTORIC ETHIOPIA-SOMALILAND AGREEMENT WILL BE SIGNED ON MARCH 1, 2024

Post by Horus » 26 Feb 2024, 02:48

ON THE 128th ANNIVERSARY OF THE BATTLE OF ADWA, THAT IS MY PREDICTION.

Horus
Senior Member+

Re: THE HISTORIC ETHIOPIA-SOMALILAND AGREEMENT WILL BE SIGNED ON MARCH 1, 2024

Post by Horus » 26 Feb 2024, 03:15

SAMO KU WAAR

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 26 Feb 2024, 04:04

You will be served a Turkey dinner with gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and all.

If you prefer the Turkey meat raw, just ask! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Right

Post by Right » 26 Feb 2024, 09:17

Horus,
If the March 1st signing is true, do you think the MoU is about to be signed hastily. I know we don’t have a functioning parliament to ratify it and we don’t have a legal team to look into it. The public have no idea what is agreed upon. Above all Abiye is not a trust worthy guy to do anything and he deliberately kept it secret. There was a guy called Dr Yacob h/m who is specialized in this kind of thing, I don’t know if he is still alive, if he is it would be good for him to comment on it.
I am for a broad and thoroughly worked out 100 years agreement that includes Somalia and puntland into consideration. I mean for the sake of stability Somalia and puntland must get some bones an incentive to make them comfortable. It needs a skillful diplomacy to pull that kind of breakthrough. I do believe it is the future.
It is an honest question and need your honest view.
Eritreans please stay out of this conversation.

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Feb 2024, 10:21

Right wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 09:17
Horus,
If the March 1st signing is true, do you think the MoU is about to be signed hastily. I know we don’t have a functioning parliament to ratify it and we don’t have a legal team to look into it. The public have no idea what is agreed upon. Above all Abiye is not a trust worthy guy to do anything and he deliberately kept it secret. There was a guy called Dr Yacob h/m who is specialized in this kind of thing, I don’t know if he is still alive, if he is it would be good for him to comment on it.
I am for a broad and thoroughly worked out 100 years agreement that includes Somalia and puntland into consideration. I mean for the sake of stability Somalia and puntland must get some bones an incentive to make them comfortable. It needs a skillful diplomacy to pull that kind of breakthrough. I do believe it is the future.
That stands out and beg the question, if you have ever passed by an honesty, including your multiple nicks in here.

We all have nicks but not so rich like you, by any stretch of an imagination.

BTW.: Dr. Yacob is alive and kicking the enemies from behind, his works on Asab and the rest of historic ports of Ethiopia keep the enemies all night long awake.

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 26 Feb 2024, 10:26

Once again, Horus is foolish enough to honor and trust what Abiy Ahmed and Shimeles are doing. Shame on this idiot

Abere

Post by Abere » 26 Feb 2024, 10:36

More likely than not, the MoU could be signed on March 1, 2024. Signing the deal is great but even if it takes sometimes it shall be noted this deal has a 100% probability of being realized. As to the issue of transparency of the contents of the deal or approved by parliament, it is fifty fifty matter. There are issues in certain country where the President dully uses his/her executive power and others not. It depends and what classified issues in the underlying overall agreement does or does not exist. I think the issue is upon the signature, will Ethiopia automatically recognize Somaliland ( already recognized unofficially) but in ink?

Right

Post by Right » 26 Feb 2024, 10:54

Brother Misraq,
Do you agree on principle that the future of Ethiopia’s maritime aspirations lies on the eastern part of Ethiopia? Mainly Somalia, Djibouti and Kenya? What is your view on that?

Right

Post by Right » 26 Feb 2024, 11:06

Abere,
Don’t you think not knowing exactly what is in the MoU is very concerning for the public? Do you really trust Abiye Ahmed Ali to do anything positive for the future of Ethiopia? Because I don’t.
Although, in principle, I support the idea of working with Somali Land and Somalia, the agreement should wait until a legitimate government is in power so it can be looked at throughly with transparency for both parties. Rushing and pushing this issue hard at this juncture may only work for people with an agenda that Ethiopia’s interest is not necessarily their priority.

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 26 Feb 2024, 11:31

Right wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 10:54
Brother Misraq,
Do you agree on principle that the future of Ethiopia’s maritime aspirations lies on the eastern part of Ethiopia? Mainly Somalia, Djibouti and Kenya? What is your view on that?
Brother Right,

We can't think of the future while our very existance as people and nation is in a question mark. So lets leave the future to the future and focus on the present. Most of you are numb enough to recognize what OneG/OLF/OPDO/ORomuma is doing which is distroying the country and undoing the social fabrics, religious institutions...etc. Even the worst external enemy won't do such crime on our people and for you to think Abiy and Shimeles brings some value for future is really insane.

By the way, the TPLF used similar tactic to gain public support and legitmacy through Millenium Dam. What did the millenium Dam brought for the poor people who are being killed or displaced? nothing right. The MoU shiiiit won't bring anything for the average joe while Abiy and Shimeles are in power. So we don't need to give them legitimacy by consuming their propuganda, sit and sleep on it.

Right

Post by Right » 26 Feb 2024, 11:36

Brother Misraq, your message is “let us focus on the enemy at hand and avoid PP’s trap of distraction”. Agreed, you have a good point.

Abere

Post by Abere » 26 Feb 2024, 12:10

Right,

I very well share your concern. The absence of a legitimate and consensus government is the source of all the chaos currently Ethiopia is experiencing. Abiy Ahmed the most thug of all the thugs. Access to sea is the top most interest of all Ethiopians. He pulled this agenda untimely, so the country is now facing a pre-term delivery. Thus, how should the country go a head about this premature delivery so as to sustain life and becomes useful is important. Both Left and Right the people of Ethiopia is surrounded by enemies, there is no fraction of moment to have a little bit of a break. In third world Africa, the PM or President is a thug, the parliament does what the thug does. So, under ideal political system citizens have the right to freedom information; given their trust to the system it may not even cause dust; and the PM/pres have some degree of latitude to use executive power - for everything does not require a hearing.

In any case, access to sea is essential for Ethiopia. It is a necessity.
size]

Right wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 11:06
Abere,
Don’t you think not knowing exactly what is in the MoU is very concerning for the public? Do you really trust Abiye Ahmed Ali to do anything positive for the future of Ethiopia? Because I don’t.
Although, in principle, I support the idea of working with Somali Land and Somalia, the agreement should wait until a legitimate government is in power so it can be looked at throughly with transparency for both parties. Rushing and pushing this issue hard at this juncture may only work for people with an agenda that Ethiopia’s interest is not necessarily their priority.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 26 Feb 2024, 12:20

ውድ ወገኖች፤

ይህ የኢትዮጵያዊያን ውይይት ስለሆነ ባማርኛ አደርገዋለሁ።

አንድ፣
ከላይ አርዕስቱ ላይ የተናገርኩት አረፍተ ነገር ሁለት ነገሮች አሉት፤ አንዱ ጭብጥ (ፋክት) ሲሆን ሌላው ግምት (ኦፒኒየን) ናቸው ። ስምምንቱ ይሰረዛል ያላችሁ ተሳስታችኋል፤ ስምምንቱ የመጨረሻ ረቂቁ አልቆ ለፊርማ ተቃርቧል ። ይህ ፋክት ለመሆኑ ሳጂድ የሚባለው ፓኪስታናዊ ሪፖርት አድርጓል ።

በማርች 1 ቀን ይፈረማል ያልኩት እኔ ነኝ ። ይህን ያልኩት የአቢይ አህመድ አስራር፣ አሁን አድዋን በመጠቀም የሕዝብ ድጋፍ ለማግኘት፣ ገጽታውን ለመቀባት ካለው የታወቀ ባህሪ በመነሳት ነው ። ነገር ግን ትልቁና ቁልፉ ቁም ነገር መቼ ነው የሚፈረመው ሳይሆን ስምምነቱ ደረጃ በደረጃ በሂደት ወደ ፊት እየሂደ መሆኑ ነው ።

ሁለት

ስምምነቱ በፍጥነት ወደ ፊት እንደ ሚገፋ ትላንት አበረና እኔ ያደረግነውን ውይይት ተመልከቱት ። ሃስን ሴክ ከቱርክ ጋር ያደረገው ስምምነት የኢሚሬትን ጥቅም ከፍተኛ አደጋ ላይ ስለጣለ ኢሚሬቶች የሶማሌላንድ አገርነት በፍጥነት ታውጆ ቱርክን ለማስቆም ይፈጥናሉ ነበር ያልነው ትላንት ። ዛሬ የሰማነው ያንን የሚያረጋግጥ ነው ። ከዚህ በመነሳት ነው ሰነዱ በቅርብ ይፈረማል ብዬ የማምነው ። ወጣም ወርደ መፈረሚያው ቀን ምንም ማለት አይደለም ።

ስለፊርማው ዝርዝር ይዘት ዛሬም ወደ ፊትም አቢይ ብዙ የሚነግረን አይመስለኝም ። የዲክታተሮች ጠባይ ስለሆነ ፣ ፓርላማ የሚባል ነገርም ስለሌለን ድምጽ የሚሰጡ ከሆነም የታዘዙትን ያደርጋሉ ። ይልቅስ በሱማሌላንድ ተቀናቃኝ ካላኖች እና የተሻለ ፓርላማ ስላላችው እውነቱን ከነሱ እንሰማለን ።

ይህ በእኛ ቁጥጥር ስር ያለ ጉዳይ አይደለም ፤ በስልጣን ላይ ያለ መንግስት ነው አገሩን ወክሎ ከሌሎች አገሮች ጋር ስምምንት የሚገባው ። ሕዝቡ በስምምነቱ ካልተስማማ በግዜ ሂደት ይሽረዋል ። የዉጫሌ ውል በአድዋ ጥርነት ተሽሯል ለምሳሌ ።

ሶስት፤
ይልቅስ ጠቃሚው ውይይት አቢይ አህምድ ለሶማሌላንድ የሚሰጠው ጥቅማ ጥቅሞች ምን ሊሆኑ ይችላሉ? እነዚህ እንኩታዎች ኢትዮጵያን በረጅሙ በምን በምን መልክ ሊጎዱ ይችላሉ የሚሉት ነጥቦች ናቸው ። በወዲያኛው በኩልም ሶማሌላንድ ለኢትዮጵያ ምንድን ነው የምትስጠው ፣ እነዚህ ስጦታዎችስ ኢትዮጵያን በረጅሙ እንዴት ሊጠቅሙ ወይም ሊጎጉ ይችላሉ የሚሉት ነጥቦች ናችው ።

አራት፣
ምን ግዜም የማይለወጠው ሳይንስ ግን ይህ ነው ፤ መንግስት ይመጣል ፣ መንግስት ይሄዳል። ሕዝብና አገር ዘላለማዊ ናችው። መንግስት ባንድ የታሪክ ወቅት ሕግ ያወጣል፣ ያ ሕግ በግዜ ለውጥ ይሻራል ይለወጣል ። ይህ ስምምነት እስከነ ችግሮቹ የአፍሪካ ቀንድን ጂኦኢኮኖሚክስ የሚለውጥ ይሆናል ። ሌላው ቀርቶ ኢትዮጵያን የከበቧት እስከ 10 የሚደርሱ ወደቦች ሁሉም ለሃራጅ ይወጣሉ፣ የኢኮኖሚክስ ሕግ ስለሆነ!

ጤነኛ ስለሆነ ውይይታችን ይቀጥል!

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 26 Feb 2024, 12:59

Just to say something. We, who visit ER, have the right to air our opinions no matter how diverged from reality they are. I observed though most opinions reflect what we desire to happen than what really happened. The Ethiopian and the Somaliland governments have not reached such an agreement overnight. I do think the negotiation was going through a period of time. The negotiators could not be as ignorant as some of us think them to be. They might have anticipated opposition to the agreement, and I believe, and their agreement took into account such opposition. The Turkey marathon of recent days has been given too much attention. It is unnecessary. If Ethiopia and Somaliland stick to the agreement that they made, Turkey might have a little, if any, influence to change the course.

Asmara

Post by Asmara » 26 Feb 2024, 13:26

Right wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 09:17
Horus,
Good luck with your MoU. For all we care you can make agreememts with any country in the region. All we ask is to respect Eritrean sovereighnity and territorial integrity. The rest it is between Ethiopian goverment and the country you pick to make an agreement with. If you succeed making a 100 or 1000 years agreement with the breakawy Somaliland.... good luck. It won't have any bearing on Eritrea.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 26 Feb 2024, 13:28

ቀውጢው ዓብይ የአድዋ በዓልን አስታኮ ስምምነቱን ፈርመናል ቢል አይደንቀኝም።

አንደኛ፣ ይዘቱን እስካሁን ማንም አያውቅምና ከመፈንጠዝ በፊት ምንድነው ዝርዝሩ ብሎ መጠየቅ ተገቢ ነው።

ሁለተኛ፣ በዲፕሎማቲክ መንገድ ካልተፈታ በስተቀር፣ ቀጠናው ቀውጢ ከመሆን ባሻገር ስምምነቱ ፋይዳ አይኖረውም። የሃገር ውስጥ ያለውን የፖለቲካ ውጥረት ለማርገብ ብቻ ተብሎ፣ በተጭበረበረና በተድበሰበሰ መልክ በጥድፊያ ከሚደረግ ውል፣ ጊዜ ፈጅቶ በግልፅ፣ በሰላምና በህጋዊ መስመር የተፈፀመ ስምምነት ይመረጣል፣ ፅናቱም ዘላቂ ይሆናል። ስለዚህ ስምምነቱ ስራ ላይ እስካልዋለ ድረስ ሲሞቦሊክ symbolic ሆኖ ነው የሚቀረው። ምክንያቱም ስምምነት ማለት ስምምነት እንጂ ረብሻ ማለት አይደለም።

ሶስተኛ፣ ዓብይ ስምምነቱን ለሌላም እኩይ ተግባር እንደሚጠቀምበት እርግጠኛ ነኝ። ልክ እዚህ ፎረም ላይ እንዳሉት ካድሬዎች ውሉን እንደ መሳሪያ ተጠቅሞ ያልደገፉትን ህዝቦች የሃገር ጠላት ወይንም የግብፅ ሰላይ እያለ ወደ እስር ቤት ማጎሩን አስፋፍቶ ይቀጥልበታል። ለወደብ መዋጮና ያልሰጠና ቦንድ ያልገዛም ኢ-ኢትዮጵያዊ ይባላል።

Abere

Post by Abere » 26 Feb 2024, 14:07

<<... በዲፕሎማቲክ መንገድ ካልተፈታ በስተቀር፣ ቀጠናው ቀውጢ ከመሆን ባሻገር ስምምነቱ ፋይዳ አይኖረውም።>> ሾተላዩ Al Sisi ግብፅ :mrgreen:

የኢትዮጵያ እና የሶማሊላንድ ጉዳይ ሌላ በዚህ ጉዳይ ማን ምን አባቱ ያገባዋል። ወሬም :lol:
የፓለቲካ ሾረፋ ሌላ የአገር ብሄራዊ ጥቅም ሌላ። ለሾረፋ ፍለጋ የአገር ጥቅም አይታረድም። የኢትዮጵያ ብሄራዊ ል ኡላዊነት ውስጥ የማንም መደራደሪያ አይደለም። እንኳን ቀጠናው ለምን አህጉር እና አለማት አይቀወጡም። ኢትዮጵያ ለቀጠናው ማን ነው የመስዋዕት በግ ያደረጋት። የማንም ሾረፋም እያምታታ ቢጽፍ የኢትዮጵያ የቀይ ባህር ፍላጎት አይደለም በውል እንደገና አፍሪካ ቀንድ ተቀጥቅጣ እንደ አገር ትሰራለች እንጅ 150 ሚልዮን ህዝብ ለአረብ እና ለግብጽ ሲባል አይታፈንም።

Selam/ wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 13:28
ቀውጢው ዓብይ የአድዋ በዓልን አስታኮ ስምምነቱን ፈርመናል ቢል አይደንቀኝም።

አንደኛ፣ ይዘቱን እስካሁን ማንም አያውቅምና ከመፈንጠዝ በፊት ምንድነው ዝርዝሩ ብሎ መጠየቅ ተገቢ ነው።

ሁለተኛ፣ በዲፕሎማቲክ መንገድ ካልተፈታ በስተቀር፣ ቀጠናው ቀውጢ ከመሆን ባሻገር ስምምነቱ ፋይዳ አይኖረውም። የሃገር ውስጥ ያለውን የፖለቲካ ውጥረት ለማርገብ ብቻ ተብሎ፣ በተጭበረበረና በተድበሰበሰ መልክ በጥድፊያ ከሚደረግ ውል፣ ጊዜ ፈጅቶ በግልፅ፣ በሰላምና በህጋዊ መስመር የተፈፀመ ስምምነት ይመረጣል፣ ፅናቱም ዘላቂ ይሆናል። ስለዚህ ስምምነቱ ስራ ላይ እስካልዋለ ድረስ ሲሞቦሊክ symbolic ሆኖ ነው የሚቀረው። ምክንያቱም ስምምነት ማለት ስምምነት እንጂ ረብሻ ማለት አይደለም።

ሶስተኛ፣ ዓብይ ስምምነቱን ለሌላም እኩይ ተግባር እንደሚጠቀምበት እርግጠኛ ነኝ። ልክ እዚህ ፎረም ላይ እንዳሉት ካድሬዎች ውሉን እንደ መሳሪያ ተጠቅሞ ያልደገፉትን ህዝቦች የሃገር ጠላት ወይንም የግብፅ ሰላይ እያለ ወደ እስር ቤት ማጎሩን አስፋፍቶ ይቀጥልበታል። ለወደብ መዋጮና ያልሰጠና ቦንድ ያልገዛም ኢ-ኢትዮጵያዊ ይባላል።