Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Somaliman

The Security Council Today Unanimously Adopted a Resolution

Post by Somaliman » 02 Dec 2023, 08:00

Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Federal Government of Somalia, Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2714 (2023).

Recognizing the benchmarks reached on implementing the security transition, the Somalia Transition Plan and the national security architecture, the Security Council today unanimously adopted a resolution lifting the arms embargo on the Federal Government of Somalia.

Unanimously adopting draft resolution 2714 (2023) (to be issued as document S/RES/2714(2023)), the 15-nation Council — acting under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations — decided to lift the arms embargo established in resolution 733 (1992), as amended. The organ further called on the Federal Government of Somalia to, inter alia, implement the national weapons-and-ammunition-management strategy and promote further professionalization, training and capacity-building for all Somali security and police institutions.

https://press.un.org/en/2023/sc15511.doc.htm

eritrea

Re: The Security Council Today Unanimously Adopted a Resolution

Post by eritrea » 02 Dec 2023, 08:04

It was about time. congra. Somalia.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 02 Dec 2023, 08:12

Somalian,

Why did you forget that it was the Agames who destroyed Somalia's hope for renaissance in 2006-7. The Islamic courts were sweeping through the land and exhausted Somali factions were laying down their arms. There was hope that the chaos was coming to an end. But the TPLF thugs, who were facing condemnation for their brutal theft of the 2005 elections, decided to betray the people of Somalia and invaded it at the behest of the USA. and yet, you put your total support behind these criminal renegades.

tarik
Senior Member+

Post by tarik » 02 Dec 2023, 08:40

Somaliman wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 08:00
Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Federal Government of Somalia, Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2714 (2023).

Recognizing the benchmarks reached on implementing the security transition, the Somalia Transition Plan and the national security architecture, the Security Council today unanimously adopted a resolution lifting the arms embargo on the Federal Government of Somalia.

Unanimously adopting draft resolution 2714 (2023) (to be issued as document S/RES/2714(2023)), the 15-nation Council — acting under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations — decided to lift the arms embargo established in resolution 733 (1992), as amended. The organ further called on the Federal Government of Somalia to, inter alia, implement the national weapons-and-ammunition-management strategy and promote further professionalization, training and capacity-building for all Somali security and police institutions.

https://press.un.org/en/2023/sc15511.doc.htm
Congratulations 2 our Somalian brothers and it's about time i should add. But also i want my Somalian brothers 2 be very careful of z evil zionist puppet west's sneaky all of z sudden change of heart, why and they should ask what is the hidden agenda of being nice to Somalia? Add it also with the question of evil galla-agame abiy's wanting Red-Sea, always be smart and think ahead of evil white ppl and their arab and african puppets aka house N!ggers sneaky style. Either way we Eritreans shall stand with our Somalian brothers no matter what. Once again CONGRATULATIONS 2 OUR SOMALIAN BROTHERS and INSHALLAH SOMALIA AND OUR SOMALIAN BROTHERS SEE MORE HAPPINESS AND GREAT TIME INSHALLAH!!!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 02 Dec 2023, 08:42

eritrea wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 08:04

Thank you guys from Eritrea.

The only one who would be unhappy about this is Kenya, which has lately been teasing Somalia in multi ways.

In 1977, Kenya was shi.tting its pants for fear of being invaded by Somalia, to the extent that it had gathered former OAU dignitaries for them to beg Somalia to not invade Kenya.

Former Somali Vice President, Hussein Kulmiye Afrah, was dispatched to Kenya to assure Kenyans that Somalia was not going to invade Kenya. Look at how proud and magisterial he is, while his Kenyan counterpart looks like a chicken in the rain!

See, the Somali delegation got accompanied all the way to their plane. While nowadays, Kenya holds Somali MPs at Nairobi airport for hours and makes them miss their flights as it pleases for no reason whatsoever.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 02 Dec 2023, 09:00

sesame wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 08:12
Somalian,

Why did you forget that it was the Agames who destroyed Somalia's hope for renaissance in 2006-7. The Islamic courts were sweeping through the land and exhausted Somali factions were laying down their arms. There was hope that the chaos was coming to an end. But the TPLF thugs, who were facing condemnation for their brutal theft of the 2005 elections, decided to betray the people of Somalia and invaded it at the behest of the USA. and yet, you put your total support behind these criminal renegades.

you put your total support behind these criminal renegades.
I wonder who that you is referring to, as neither I nor Somalia have ever supported the TPLF thugs, masterminded by the ugly midget Zenawi!

The so-called Islamic Courts were as evil as Al Shabab is and didn't have the Somali support in general.

What you don't know is that Al Shabab has evolved from the so-called Islamic Courts - and that neither of them should exist.

BTW, are you tired of calling me Agame, as you're now calling me "Somalian"?

Jaegol

Post by Jaegol » 02 Dec 2023, 09:54

I had a debate with a naive Eritrean friend yesterday and he was arguing with me that “a strong and united democratic Ethiopia “ is good for the Horn of Africa :lol: :lol: :lol: I threw at him the history of united Somalia was formidable threat to its neighbors but once it fragmented… it became a threat to itself but not to its neighbors…. Ethnically federated Ethiopia is the same thing…. Fragmentation can be good for peace in the region …🙏 you just confirmed my argument with your example of Kenya vs Somalia of before and now.

As far as the arms embargo lifting, I bet you the ferenjis and Arabs will benefit more than the somalis out of this lifting… lack of armies was not the root cause of the problem… I bet they want to arm Somalis warlords with heavy weapons tanks, drones with borough loan money …and that will not help the people
Somaliman wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 08:42
eritrea wrote:

The only one who would be unhappy about this is Kenya, which has lately been teasing Somalia in multi ways.

In 1977, Kenya was shi.tting its pants for fear of being invaded by Somalia, to the extent that it had gathered former OAU dignitaries for them to beg Somalia to not invade Kenya.

Former Somali Vice President, Hussein Kulmiye Afrah, was dispatched to Kenya to assure Kenyans that Somalia was not going to invade Kenya. Look at how proud and magisterial he is, while his Kenyan counterpart looks like a chicken in the rain!

See, the Somali delegation got accompanied all the way to their plane. While nowadays, Kenya holds Somali MPs at Nairobi airport for hours and makes them miss their flights as it pleases for no reason whatsoever.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 02 Dec 2023, 15:17

Jaegol wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 09:54
I had a debate with a naive Eritrean friend yesterday and he was arguing with me that “a strong and united democratic Ethiopia “ is good for the Horn of Africa :lol: :lol: :lol: I threw at him the history of united Somalia was formidable threat to its neighbors but once it fragmented… it became a threat to itself but not to its neighbors…. Ethnically federated Ethiopia is the same thing…. Fragmentation can be good for peace in the region …🙏 you just confirmed my argument with your example of Kenya vs Somalia of before and now.

As far as the arms embargo lifting, I bet you the ferenjis and Arabs will benefit more than the somalis out of this lifting… lack of armies was not the root cause of the problem… I bet they want to arm Somalis warlords with heavy weapons tanks, drones with borough loan money …and that will not help the people
Somaliman wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 08:42
eritrea wrote:

You guys debate whether a strong and united Ethiopia is good or bad for the HoA.

Guess what- we Somalis never debate anything about Ethiopia. In fact, we don't give a fu.ck about Ethiopia whether it's strong and united or weak and fragmented.
united Somalia was formidable threat to its neighbors
You're dead wrong. Somalia has never been a threat to anyone.

I bet they want to arm Somalis warlords with heavy weapons tanks, drones
Again, you're wrong. They won't be able to arm Somali warlords, as these do not exist any longer. Currently, there are no warlords in Somalia.

Abere

Post by Abere » 02 Dec 2023, 15:49

The question will African countries babysit Somalia by sending troops to safeguard them from terrorist Al Shabab? I think the security council is recklessly putting dangerous weapons into the hands of terrorists easily. They will have their hands in it the next morning? What Somalia just like many African countries need the most is not Weapons but investment in economy and knowledge. In the world of knowledge economy, Africa does not need weapons depots, but institute of technology and industry. As the world knows, Somalia is a clan based society with too much influence of the Arab world that inhibits modernization and civilization. I think the right support would have been removing weapons from the streets of Somalia.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 02 Dec 2023, 16:36

sesame wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 08:12
Somalian,

Anti terogabit gwal torserawit weyzero smsma,

There is no such thing as somalian, they are called SOMALI AND NOT SOMALIAN learn moron Mishmishti gwal kelbi DiQala aadug. Learn grammar.

Lately, I noticed that you are after me calling me agamite. You gwal komarit the agames are more related to you than to me.

And you daughter of a [deleted], stop displaying the gruesome images of dead bodies. It is not verified if they are all tigrians. Perhaps 50% of them could be eritreans.

Anti gwal kelbi, stop calling me agamite... Mishmishti gwal komarit. :evil:

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 02 Dec 2023, 17:07

Abere wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 15:49
The question will African countries babysit Somalia by sending troops to safeguard them from terrorist Al Shabab? I think the security council is recklessly putting dangerous weapons into the hands of terrorists easily. They will have their hands in it the next morning? What Somalia just like many African countries need the most is not Weapons but investment in economy and knowledge. In the world of knowledge economy, Africa does not need weapons depots, but institute of technology and industry. As the world knows, Somalia is a clan based society with too much influence of the Arab world that inhibits modernization and civilization. I think the right support would have been removing weapons from the streets of Somalia.

FYI, the useless AU soldiers are decisively leaving Somalia next year and we'll see if their respective countries will pay them $1400 a month, as that's what they're paid while in Somalia doing absolutely nothing for Somalia. Its' the Somali soldiers that have been fighting Al Shabab and not these baboons.

FYI, again, there are no weapons to remove from the streets in Somalia, as no one carries weapons on the street in Somalia.

BTW, it's not a raw meat eating baboon that tells us whether we need arms or investment. This is none of your business.

Abere

Post by Abere » 02 Dec 2023, 17:20

Why are you getting so emotional and mad about my view? You know you are on Ethiopians forum, but when you cannot handle the heat you said it is none of my business. Well, it is unlikely Somalia will be liberated from Al Shabab in the immediate future. Since you talked of raw meat, have you ever tasted raw fish meat? I guess it may be more pleasant than grasshopper that most Somalian love to eat or the camel meat or milk you salivating for. By the way Camel meat is the same as donkey for most Ethiopians, it is a taboo. You cannot help it, it is cultural difference. But you cannot tell me it is cultural difference to arm terrorist Al Shabab with weapons and litter the streets with dangerous weapon. Clan based organization harbors elements of anti-civilization. That is what I am talking about. Let us not forget, Somalia is still a failed state.
Somaliman wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 17:07
Abere wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 15:49

FYI, the useless AU soldiers are decisively leaving Somalia next year and we'll see if their respective countries will pay them $1400 a month, as that's what they're paid while in Somalia doing absolutely nothing for Somalia. Its' the Somali soldiers that have been fighting Al Shabab and not these baboons.

FYI, again, there are no weapons to remove from the streets in Somalia, as no one carries weapons on the street in Somalia.

BTW, it's not a raw meat eating baboon that tells us whether we need arms or investment. This is none of your business.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 02 Dec 2023, 18:27

Zombie baboon,

As I told you in the not-too-distant past, you come to this forum to kill your boredom and loneliness and want to interact with someone for hours arguing about your nonsense.

I'm the wrong person, look further, zombie.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 02 Dec 2023, 19:23

Ok, I will stop calling you Agamite and call you Agamian. :lol: :lol: :lol: You call a person from Italy, Italian, from India, Indian, and from Somalia, Somalian. similarly, you call an Agame from Tigray, Agamian. ቆማል፡ ጨርቅኻ ከደርብየካየ። Now get an aereal view of Keren tsaeda because that is the only view you will ever get.

kerenite wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 16:36
Anti terogabit gwal torserawit weyzero smsma, ላይ

There is no such thing as somalian, they are called SOMALI AND NOT SOMALIAN learn moron Mishmishti gwal kelbi DiQala aadug. Learn grammar.

Lately, I noticed that you are after me calling me agamite. You gwal komarit the agames are more related to you than to me.

And you daughter of a [deleted], stop displaying the gruesome images of dead bodies. It is not verified if they are all tigrians. Perhaps 50% of them could be eritreans.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 02 Dec 2023, 20:16

sesame wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 19:23
Ok, I will stop calling you Agamite and call you Agamian. :lol: :lol: :lol: You call a person from Italy, Italian, from India, Indian, and from Somalia, Somalian. similarly, you call an Agame from Tigray, Agamian. ቆማል፡ ጨርቅኻ ከደርብየካየ። Now get an aereal view of Keren tsaeda because that is the only view you will ever get.

kerenite wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 16:36
Anti terogabit gwal torserawit weyzero smsma, ላይ

The difference is that Italian, Indian, Brazilian, Russian, etc., are not ethnicities but nationalities, and they're all named after their respective countries, in addition, they all come from their respectives countries only.

While Somali is not a nationality but an ethnicity, and all Somalis do not necessarily come from Somalia. Neither are Somalis named after Somalia, as Somalis existed prior to the formation of Somalia. It's the other way round, indeed. It's rather Somalia that has taken its name after Somalis.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 02 Dec 2023, 20:36

Italian can be regarded as ethnicity just a Somalian is. Italians have the same language, culture and history. At one time, they even had one religion. What makes Somalians different? The fact that they live in different countries. So what? There are millions of Italians living in the USA, Canada, France and so on. Germans don't just live in Germany. Millions live in Austria, Switzerland and Netherlands. You may read about the German ethnicity here!. You may prefer to be called Somali but that is just Arabic for Somalian! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 02 Dec 2023, 21:04

You're wrong. let me educate you a bit free of charge.

Italian is not an ethnicity but a nationality.

Italians are composed of a number of ethnicities that include Greek, Norman, Spanish, Latin, Falisci, Osker Umbrians, Aequer, Marser, Samnites, Sabeller, Pikener, Volsker, Etruscans, Celts, Lombards, Veneti, Germanic and proto Germanic, etc.

Somali is not the Arabic word for "Somalian".

You should better stop it here, as you're only exposing your ignorance. Just a thought!

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 02 Dec 2023, 22:08

Somali is as Arabic as SawaHili as afriqi as Arebi as amriki as hindi as Habeshi as Sudani as Mesri as Meqribi as Hooti as Yemeni. You may have thought it to be Somalian but it is the Arabic form!

But why do you call yourself Kerenite if you are a Somalian!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 03 Dec 2023, 09:16

You may read about the German ethnicity here!
German is not an ethnicity but nationality, just like Italian, Russian, Brazilian, etc.,

You shouldn't believe and treat whatever you read in Wikipedia as an absolute truth.

I've never called myself Kerenite, it's you who's seeing Kerenite in everyone.
You like Kerenite, don't ya? In case you would like to invite him for a shag, I would be happy to be in his place and even call myself Kerenite, Please let me know.
Last edited by Somaliman on 03 Dec 2023, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 03 Dec 2023, 09:41

Your father Somalian, your nama Agame, born in Keren, Is that why you are so confused.

If German is not an ethnicity, what makes Somalian an ethnicity?
:lol: :lol: :lol: