Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+
Posts: 6371
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 16:32

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by DefendTheTruth » 30 Oct 2021, 06:03

Educator wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 21:50
ethiopianunity,

Yes, you are 100% correct. But I am so curious how and why these so called educated people are not able to form a sentence in a single language.
ethiopianunity wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 21:38
Educator,

This is not merely the problem of Dr Berhanu, it is the current educated politicians as well among many individuals. When it comes to leaders, since they make impact, it would be an issue. Note: India has this problem as well.
Thanks God, when geredHead now turns to a preacher of Ethiopian Unity.

Amen to that.

But they also say, old habits die hard, or something like.

I have said repeatedly in here that my english is poor, hope will be forgiven for the shortcoming.

Naga Tuma
Member+
Posts: 5013
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 00:27

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Naga Tuma » 03 Nov 2021, 16:27

ጥቅም ያላቸዉ ከሆኑ ስለዚህ ርዕስ ሳስብ ቆይቼ ከላይ ያለዉን ሀሳቤን ስፅፍ የዘነጋሁኝ ሶስት ተጨማሪዎች፥

ኣንደኛ ከባህል ኣባቶች እና ዐዋቂዎች ሊመነጩ የሚችሉ ትምህርት ሲነሳ ዶክተር ገመቹ መገርሳ ኣንድ ጊዜ የተናገረዉ የማይረሳ ነዉ። ቃል በቃል ባይሆንም ሀሳቡ እሱ የተማረዉ ከሶስት ትምህርት ቤቶች ነዉ። ኣንደኛ የኢትዮጵያ ትምህርት ቤት፣ ሁለተኛ የፈረንጅ ትምህርት ቤት፣ ሶስተኛ የቦረና ማህበረስብ ባህል ትምህርት ቤት። ኣክሎም ከሶስቱ ትምህርት ቤቶች የበለጠ የተማረዉ ከቦረናዉ ማህበረሰብ ትምህርት ቤት ነው ብሎ ነበር፣ በትክክል ካስታወስኩ። የቦረና ማህበረሰብ ትምህርት ቤት ተምሮ ንግስት ሳባን መዝለፍ እንዴት እንደቻለ ባይገባኝም እነዚህ ሶስት ትምህርት ቤቶች ሄጄኣለሁ ማለቱ ኣስተዋይነት ይመስለኛል።

ሁለተኛ ተጨማሪ ሀላፊነቱ የየትኛዉ ተቋም መሆኑን ባላዉቅም የኢትዮጵያን የረጅም ጊዜ ታሪክ የሚመጥን ከኣሜሪክ ኮንግረስ ወይም የቫቲካን ቤተ መጻህፍት ወይም ላይብራሪዎች ያላነሱ ያስፈልጋታል ብዬ ኣስባለሁ። አቅሙ ሊኖር እንደማይችል ኣስባለሁ። ቢሆንም አቅጣጫ ለማስያዝ መወጠን የሚቻል ይመስለኛል። ለዚህ ደግሞ ከትምህርት ሚኒስቴር የበለጠ ሀላፊነት ያለበት ያለ ኣይመስለኝም።

ሶስተኛ ተጨማሪ እያንዳንዱ ትምህርት ቤት የተቋሙን መዛግብት ወይም ርኮርድስ እንዴት ማቆየት እንደሚችል ኣላዉቅም። ይህም በጣም ትልቅ አቅም ይጠይቃል። ቀስ በቀስ ግን ኣቅጣጫ መያዝ ይችላል። እያንዳንዱ ተማሪ እና ቤተስብ ከጅምሩ ጀምሮ የየራሱን መዛግብት ሆነ ብሎ እንድያስቀምጥ ሲማር ኣብሮ ቢመከር እያንዳንዱ ቤተሰብ የወደፊት ግዙፍ ላይብረሪ አካል መሆን ይችላል ማለት ነዉ።

ይህ ሁሉ ኣሁን ታስቦበት እየተሰረበት ሊሆን ይችላል። እንደ ኣንድ ዜጋ እነዚህ ምኞቴ ናቸዉ ለማለት ነዉ።

Naga Tuma
Member+
Posts: 5013
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 00:27

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Naga Tuma » 03 Nov 2021, 21:39

I continue to be fascinated by this topic from a distance because education has been my passion for a long time now.

I don't have a fraction of Professor Berhanu Nega's teaching credentials. So, I don't mean to lecture my passion here especially given that I have little information about how education has been going on the ground in Ethiopia for a long time now.

I have taught briefly both in Ethiopia and here in the U.S. before moving on. I received positive feedbacks from my students in both places. My mentor, a very highly accomplished Professor who is a graduate of a top University in his field in the US, told another Professor who told me once that I have got better student evaluation scores than him.

Those are value-added experience to being a student myself for a long time. So, I have anecdotes that could be of help in thinking about the advancement of education in Ethiopia. I hope that my personal observations don't come across as boasting about my academic inclinations. I am sure there are countless anecdotes from many places to be told. I wish that such anecdotes continue to find more consolidated traction in terms of advancing education in Ethiopia.

I wanted to elaborate on what I meant earlier by focusing on the brain's, any brain's, power to receive and process concepts than register countless memories. I am not a neuroscientist, which means I can't make a scientific attempt at explaining how a brain does them. I am dependent on my simplistic intuitive thinking and lifetime experience.

I have quickly reviewed the Education and Training Policy posted on the website of the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia. Then I wanted to read another, which refers back to the same document.

I understand that a government policy is just that, a policy of that government. I was looking for a document with a completely academic tone.

A document with a completely academic tone that I have been looking for is one that defines education at all levels, from kindergarten to philosophical doctorate, in terms of the development and cognitive skills of the brain. If I remember correctly, when I was most probably in elementary school, I came across a small book that defined the hierarchy of local education from ድያቆን to ክህነልሂቅ. I have been asking for a while now if the word ክህነልሂቅ isn't the root word for the English word knowledge.

In a conceptual sense, a reincarnation of that kind of book that defines brain motor development versus its power to receive and process knowledge in order to advance academics in Ethiopia is the kind of document I have been looking for. It is possible that it may be somewhere and I missed it.

It appears to be that many of us unwittingly underestimate the power of that reception and processing by any brain. I am suggesting this having argued on this forum in the past that intelligence quotient (IQ) is not a very objective metric to reveal how intelligent a brain is. The latter is about a capacity and the former is about what is in the space of that capacity from a historical dividend.

I read the suggestion of "ancient mystery" here as an unwitting testament to that argument. I would argue that Ethiopians are more likely to have a higher IQ on Ethiopian ቅኔ than most other people in the same way that Indians may have a higher IQ on Sanskrit, or the Chinese about Confusion, or the Europeans about Enlightenment, and so on.

In order to elaborate on what I mean by focusing more on concepts instead of memory, I often remember one of the reflections of Albert Einstein's mind, one of the greatest minds of all time if not the greatest of all time. He is quoted to have said: "Never memorize something that you can look up."

This reflection reminds me of my minuscule anecdotes that I have been thinking to be potentially helpful input to continue the advancement of academies in Ethiopia.

During my freshman in college in Ethiopia, I remember a famous Indian Professor giving us a conceptually loaded test in a required Physics course. I liked the concepts and did well in the test, giving me an about ten or so percentage point edge over the second-highest score in the class, if I remember it correctly. My friends can correct me if my recollection is wrong.

The score is not the point here. I heard that upon handing back the test results, the Professor wanted to talk to me privately. I went to his office promptly. After I arrived and sat down in front of him, he asked me a simple question. Paraphrased, he asked me if I got the test beforehand. I was able to quickly collect myself after hearing the surprising question and responded calmly: "No, I did not." If I remember correctly, those are the exact words that I said to him. I think he quickly got my distaste for his question. He then said that I was quiet in class and then let me leave.

He was the professor who introduced the physics of jet propulsion to his class.

During my second year in college, I remember a word problem in a test for a required Mechanical Drawing course. In the word problem, there was a word, attic, that I don't remember coming across before. I don't think I was alone because I remember the voices of classmates about the question as we were working on it while the instructor stepped out. I understood the problem from the context and did the drawing. After I was done with it, I made a rare move to not care about showing my work to others. So, I held it up with my left hand and continued to work on other problems, bowing down my head. The instructor came back and saw what I was doing. He promptly came to me and asked me to put it down. Putting up my work for my classmates that made noise was intentional but I tried to make it appear that it was inadvertent. To this day, I do not know if any of my classmates saw it or understood what I was trying to do. However, the instructor revealed that he knew exactly what I was doing even though he didn't punish me for it. On my scored test paper, he wrote: "Missed this part while trying to show your work to the class." To the best of my recollection, that is a word-for-word quote of what he wrote.

Then again, that is not the point here. The point is a brilliant Mechanical Engineer could be considerate about the versatility of his students in the English language in Ethiopia. I have thought all along that the word attic in the word problem is what took many of my classmates off guard and led to not doing very well on an otherwise easy drawing problem. If the instructor took the time to add a descriptor for the word attic, instead of just copying the word problem for a test of a Mechanical Engineering course, I don't think it would take many off guard.

Another time in a test of another instructor, I misread the meaning of the word overlook to mean look at closely. My quick reading of the test didn't render me to focus on something that is to overlook than to look at closely, especially in the context of a test.

These are anecdotal examples of what I mean by the difference between educating and testing.

During my first year in a graduate college here in the U.S., the very highly accomplished Professor had a simple question on his test. I am sure that everybody in that class, including undergraduate students and an American Ph.D. student, knew how to calculate the area of a rectangle and a triangle. There is also something called Hydraulic Radius in the field of Hydraulics. In addition, there is an assumption about this variable that is valid for a rectangle but invalid for a triangle. The one thing that every student needed to realize in a problem in the test in order to solve it correctly was to remember the assumption that is invalid for a triangle. Nobody else solved it correctly, which gave me a more than ten percentage point edge over the second-highest score in the test.

Again, these are anecdotal stories that I find personally painful to share because I don't like sharing personal stories like these for public consumption. At the same time, I feel the urge to do it if it can help make the advancement of academies in Ethiopia more solid in due course and if it can elucidate that getting outstanding scores, at least sometimes, is nothing more than getting some simple concepts straight. I think that I have learned that it is getting the simplest of concepts straight that carries anyone through the enlightened world.

Horus
Senior Member+
Posts: 23551
Joined: 19 Oct 2013, 19:34

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Horus » 04 Nov 2021, 02:09

Naga Tuma,
As there are so many emergent issues demanding urgent attention, I am unable to respond to your comment but let me just say this . I think the documents you read on MOE page deal with policies, directions and plans. They are management documents. If I understood you correctly, you are thinking about teaching and learning content materials such curriculum specification, course contents, etc. Also you may be thinking about the types of cognitive and learning psychologies, academic or intellectual structures of grade levels as well as pedagogical theories and model (teaching theories and models) .... and so on. Those types of questions are I guessing to be answered by the teaching staff and curriculum staff. It is a huge world and requires a lotof time to make any meaningful discussion at the level of depth you are asking. Peace!

Naga Tuma
Member+
Posts: 5013
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 00:27

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Naga Tuma » 04 Nov 2021, 17:46

Horus wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 02:09
Those types of questions are I guessing to be answered by the teaching staff and curriculum staff.
Horus,

In that case, my suggestions would be putting a burden on the Ministry of Education. I have been under the impression that it is the responsibility of the Ministry of Education as an oversight agency, instead of teaching staff and curriculum staff, to develop certain levels of standard for all levels.

I think that whose responsibility it is to establish the standard needs to be clearer, the sooner the better.

Horus
Senior Member+
Posts: 23551
Joined: 19 Oct 2013, 19:34

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Horus » 04 Nov 2021, 21:37

Naga Tuma wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 17:46
Horus wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 02:09
Those types of questions are I guessing to be answered by the teaching staff and curriculum staff.
Horus,

In that case, my suggestions would be putting a burden on the Ministry of Education. I have been under the impression that it is the responsibility of the Ministry of Education as an oversight agency, instead of teaching staff and curriculum staff, to develop certain levels of standard for all levels.

I think that whose responsibility it is to establish the standard needs to be clearer, the sooner the better.
Yes, may be you should contact MOE dept. of curriculum. They will know.

DefendTheTruth
Member+
Posts: 6371
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 16:32

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education

Post by DefendTheTruth » 06 Mar 2022, 15:15

DefendTheTruth wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 15:46
Horus wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 01:52
እኔ እንደ ገባኝ፣ እንደ ማንምነውና የዶ/ር ብርሃኑ እምነትና መመሪያ ነው ብዬ የማምበው ይህ ነው። መመሪያ ምንም ምስጢር የለውም። ሙሉ መርሁ በአንድ መስመር ለገለጽ ይችላል ። Ethiopia will have world class education and products of the Ethiopian education system will be of equal competence and expertise with global market competencies and skill sets. An Ethiopian MD will have the requisite trainings and skills required by a clinic in NY and London. A PhD in physics will have same academic rigor and intellectual preparation to teach at MIT in Mass. This is guideline. This will be the measure of performance by Ethiopian professors and graduates of all levels. Ditto!

Yes Dr. Berhanu raised the need for educational academic infrastructures - cutting edge labs, cutting teaching technologies, teaching methods, materials, and in fact capable higher education leadership and management systems as well high caliber army of teachers. But the very education infrastructure is part of the transformation process .

My suggestion is Abiy and Berhanu need to recruit education managers and educators from the skill rich Ethiopian diaspora.
Horus,

Meles Zenawi left his signature of taking the Ethiopian Education Quality level from one of the top in Africa to the bottom of all that we have today. It is a big opportunity for Prof. Berhanu to undo this major damage to the future of the country and bring back a quality education to the country.

A country devoid of learned people is a country already condemned to backwardness and misery, especially in today's world competitive socio-economic order.

Even at my age the Derg era education was rigorus enough to make Ethiopian students competitive with the rest in the world, perhaps not much practice oriented but theoretically there were many many students scoring top level points, in Ethiopia and beyond.

Woyane killed the country by building enclaves for everybody and telling them not to leave those delimited areas and didn't stop there. It also told them you should gain an education also only on your village level, no more.

University presidents were recruited from loyalists and then from those available from the respective villages alone, two level of recruiting. Once you are loyal, then you need also to be from the respective village. That essentially killed the Ethiopian brain, in addition to the physical one of course.

The policy was started before 30 or so years and the result is becoming effective today and we are living under it. If Prof. Berhanu may introduce the changes now, the effect will only be realised after decades, the current ailment will persist with us for a number of decades to come and we will going to feel the pain in the meanwhile.

He can make a name for himself and leave behind a lasting legacy for the country, it is not unimportant position in my view.
ሁሉንም ነገር በንቅናቄ ባያደርግ ፕሮፍሰር ብርሃኑ ጥሩ ስራ ላይ ያለ ይመስላል።

ንቅናቄ ፣ ንቅናቄ ፣ ንቅናቄ ፣ ንቅናቄ ፣ ንቅናቄ

DefendTheTruth
Member+
Posts: 6371
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 16:32

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 May 2022, 07:48

It seems that Prof. Berhanu launched a massive national course of action: to rescue the lost generation. In the modern era those who lack adequate education can be considered as those who are lost. The nation needs to rescue its lost future.


Horus
Senior Member+
Posts: 23551
Joined: 19 Oct 2013, 19:34

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Horus » 29 May 2022, 21:48

Of Course, professor Berhanu is on a historic mission to transform the Ethiopian education. His Ethiopian Diaspora Peace Corps program aim to establish a program where second generation English native diaspora Ethiopian provide one or two years of English language teaching to the 30 million Ethiopian students. From the get go this is most popular initiative getting heart-warming support by the academic Ethiopian diaspora. For example, in this DC meeting, the see the famous professor of graphic arts - Professor Achamyeleh Debela and other influentials. similar program in knowledge and technology transfer is needed.

By the way, this is not a program for first generation diaspora who may speak good English with accent. This is American and British born Ethio Americans, British ethiopians, Ethio-Canadians etc who can educate authentic English to Ethiopians student at all levels.

Selam/
Member+
Posts: 6386
Joined: 04 Aug 2018, 13:15

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Selam/ » 30 May 2022, 17:41

I don’t want to sound pessimistic but without seeing the details of the program, I am doubtful about the practicality of an Ethiopian Diaspora Peace Corps to save the disastrous education system from further downfall, thank to woyane thugs. Who is going to finance the program? It’s a big deal for any Ethiopian diaspora to get a 2-year break from work and life. It’s even more difficult to pick up things from where they’re left off. It would be more practical if the government abolishes the tribal politics that’s driving away many diaspora scholars and create a favorable environment for them to permanently return to the motherland. They could then extend the peace corps services to the second generation Ethiopian diaspora, who could serve in person during summer break and virtually through out the year.
Horus wrote:
29 May 2022, 21:48
Of Course, professor Berhanu is on a historic mission to transform the Ethiopian education. His Ethiopian Diaspora Peace Corps program aim to establish a program where second generation English native diaspora Ethiopian provide one or two years of English language teaching to the 30 million Ethiopian students. From the get go this is most popular initiative getting heart-warming support by the academic Ethiopian diaspora. For example, in this DC meeting, the see the famous professor of graphic arts - Professor Achamyeleh Debela and other influentials. similar program in knowledge and technology transfer is needed.

By the way, this is not a program for first generation diaspora who may speak good English with accent. This is American and British born Ethio Americans, British ethiopians, Ethio-Canadians etc who can educate authentic English to Ethiopians student at all levels.

Horus
Senior Member+
Posts: 23551
Joined: 19 Oct 2013, 19:34

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Horus » 30 May 2022, 20:14

Selam/
The ministry of education consists of more than 30 million students, between 800,000 and one million teachers and get the 2nd largest budget next to the military. only 1 expense item test taking tablet - it is going to purchase 1 million of them for 400 million dollar. If managed well, this is a huuuuge institution. The diaspora peace corps will be a drop in the bucket.

But, you are talking about different things.

The policy of the ethnocratic regime vs. the diaspora is a whole different political issue. In my view, we should a dual citizenship right and vote on Ethiopian election. It is only then the diaspora will be able to trust the government as its own and invest its hard gained wealth in Ethiopia. As we speaking, Abiy views the diaspora a dollar milk cow. That is already failing.

So attaching the specific narrow education project with the general political problem of the regime and the diaspora in correct.

moreover, the 2nd generation diaspora we talking about is a whole different class of people. These folks who are successful in their counties of birth, most likely professionals and a lot of self supporting through their own resources and/or various mechanism such as NGOs.

As for the abolition of the tribal system - it is both political and cultural. Culture changes by a processes contact with a different culture. Ethiopian students contact with 2nd generation Ethiopian diaspora is probably the most powerful cultural contact that will shake up the tribal culture in Ethiopia.

As far as politicization of education, it is Berhanu's singular demand on Abiy to take up the job that no tribal political condition and criteria within the education system. He has demanded to remove ethnic measurements and expectation as ethnic promotional criteria. That is one of the changes.

So abolition of the tribal political system is a struggle for the political sphere, not of the ministry of education. So conditioning any reform or transformation of education of the political process is not correct. That will confusing the categories.

It is the responsibility of the political class to fix the tribal political problem. It is the responsibility of Berhanu and MoE to provide quality education to the 30 million children without ethnic/ political interference.

in short, Berhanu knows how this initiative will be funded. He told those in the meeting that his team was working hard on the initiative for the last 6 month.

Selam/
Member+
Posts: 6386
Joined: 04 Aug 2018, 13:15

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Selam/ » 30 May 2022, 22:02

I am a huge proponent of dual citizenship & the diaspora has been pushing for a quick passage of a bill enabling them to participate in Ethiopia’s political system. Abiy can’t have it both ways: get the cash & yet deny citizenship & voting right.

Education has been already politicized and, unfortunately, it will continue to be politicized. The recent ESLCE debacle was a result of years of woyanes ethnic politics. There will never be a legitimate test result as long as the examiner, the teacher, the students & the police officers are from the same ethnic group. I didn’t make up that statement. Berhanu did. But I have witnessed first hand in Oromia & Amhara how the system has become flawed.

The same thing is happening in higher education. An Oromo student in Amhara College will most likely perform less than his or her Amhara counterparts. Likewise, an Amhara will most probably decline an admission to Oromia college but if s/he is enrolled, their grades will never be merit based.

Do you think an Oromo diaspora scholar will be willing to teach in Gondar University? Most probably, an Amhara academic will only serve in Amhara region for various reasons. People feel more safe to serve in the region that they came from. They might even get rejected if they choose to cross ethnic boundaries. It’s a messed up situation, my friend.

Horus wrote:
30 May 2022, 20:14
Selam/
The ministry of education consists of more than 30 million students, between 800,000 and one million teachers and get the 2nd largest budget next to the military. only 1 expense item test taking tablet - it is going to purchase 1 million of them for 400 million dollar. If managed well, this is a huuuuge institution. The diaspora peace corps will be a drop in the bucket.

But, you are talking about different things.

The policy of the ethnocratic regime vs. the diaspora is a whole different political issue. In my view, we should a dual citizenship right and vote on Ethiopian election. It is only then the diaspora will be able to trust the government as its own and invest its hard gained wealth in Ethiopia. As we speaking, Abiy views the diaspora a dollar milk cow. That is already failing.

So attaching the specific narrow education project with the general political problem of the regime and the diaspora in correct.

moreover, the 2nd generation diaspora we talking about is a whole different class of people. These folks who are successful in their counties of birth, most likely professionals and a lot of self supporting through their own resources and/or various mechanism such as NGOs.

As for the abolition of the tribal system - it is both political and cultural. Culture changes by a processes contact with a different culture. Ethiopian students contact with 2nd generation Ethiopian diaspora is probably the most powerful cultural contact that will shake up the tribal culture in Ethiopia.

As far as politicization of education, it is Berhanu's singular demand on Abiy to take up the job that no tribal political condition and criteria within the education system. He has demanded to remove ethnic measurements and expectation as ethnic promotional criteria. That is one of the changes.

So abolition of the tribal political system is a struggle for the political sphere, not of the ministry of education. So conditioning any reform or transformation of education of the political process is not correct. That will confusing the categories.

It is the responsibility of the political class to fix the tribal political problem. It is the responsibility of Berhanu and MoE to provide quality education to the 30 million children without ethnic/ political interference.

in short, Berhanu knows how this initiative will be funded. He told those in the meeting that his team was working hard on the initiative for the last 6 month.

Horus
Senior Member+
Posts: 23551
Joined: 19 Oct 2013, 19:34

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Horus » 30 May 2022, 23:24

selam,
ክርክራችን መሰረት እያጣ ነው። እኔና አንተር ስላለው ችግር፣ የዘር ፖለቲካ ስላደረሰው ውድመት ምንም ልዩነት የለንም። ግ ን አንተ ደጋግመህ ሁሉም አብቅቷል፣ አልቋል። የሚድረግ ለውጥ የለም አይቻልም ነው የምትለው ። እኔ በፍጹም አልስማማም ። አቢይና የኦሮሞ አማካሪዎቹ፣ ሺመልስንም ጨምረህ ሳይስማሙ ብርሃኑን ሊሾሙት አይችሉም። አቋሙን ያውቃሉ። አመለካከቱን ያውቃሉ ።

በሚሊዮን የሚቆጠሩ ወጣቶቻቸው ፋክሽናል መሃይም እንደሆኑ ያውቃሉ ። የትምህርቱ ጥራት መሻሻል የማንንም ጎሳ ፖለቲካ አያቆመውም ምክንያቱም ወላጅ ልጁ በትምህርት ተስክቶለት እንዲጦረው ነው ምኞቱ ። በጥልቅ ነገሩን መመልከት አለብህ ። ስለዚህ ብርሃኑ በሚያደርገው የትምህርት መሻሻል ዘመቻ ከፍተኛ አገር አቀፍ ድጋፍ አለው ።

እኔ ስራዬ ብዬ ተከታትያለሁ፤ እያንዳንዱ ትናንሽ ስብሰባዎች የሚያደርጋቸው ኢቲቪ ምናምን ሁሉም ስራዬ ብለው ረፖርት የሚያደርጉት በህዝብ የሚወደድ ጉዳይ ስለሆነ ነው ። የጎሳ ፈተና የሚሰርቁት ከውዲሁ እየተወገዱ ነው ። ፋክት እኮ ፋክት ነው ። በሚቀጥለው አመት የጎሳ ሌቦች ፈተና አይሰጡም ተማሪዎች ሴንትራል በሆነ ቦታ በታብሌት ነው የሚፈተኑት ።

ይህን ማለት ሌቦች ሁሉ ይጠፋሉ የዘር ነጋዴ አምቢ አልይም ማለት አይደለም ። በዚህ ጉዳይ ላይ አቢይና ብርሃኑ ተመሳሳይ አቋም አላቸው።

ስለ ዲያስፖራ ዜግ ነት ጥፋቱ የኛ ድክመት ነው ። የኢትዮፕያን መንግስት ለማስገደድ መቻል አለብን ! ዜጋ ካልሆንን እርዳታ አናደርግም ማለት ነበረብን
Last edited by Horus on 30 May 2022, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.


Selam/
Member+
Posts: 6386
Joined: 04 Aug 2018, 13:15

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Selam/ » 31 May 2022, 05:52

You could of course serve in Addis, Amhara or Gurage regions but I bet, it’s unlikely that a peace corps would land you in Oromia unless you create a new “don’t ask don’t tell” Horus. The current Horus would be killed in Oromia. It’s a sad reality that you & I will only be able to serve in half of Ethiopia. Berhanu has of course expressed his frustration over the negative effect of ethnic politics on the education system. Unfortunately, his pleas so far fell on deaf ears. I recently heard that traveling to or from Addis has become a dangerous undertaking. I would add abolishing of ethnic politics to the lists of preconditions for volunteering in peace corps or any national services for that matter.

Horus wrote:
30 May 2022, 23:24
selam,
ክርክራችን መሰረት እያጣ ነው። እኔና አንተር ስላለው ችግር፣ የዘር ፖለቲካ ስላደረሰው ውድመት ምንም ልዩነት የለንም። ግ ን አንተ ደጋግመህ ሁሉም አብቅቷል፣ አልቋል። የሚድረግ ለውጥ የለም አይቻልም ነው የምትለው ። እኔ በፍጹም አልስማማም ። አቢይና የኦሮሞ አማካሪዎቹ፣ ሺመልስንም ጨምረህ ሳይስማሙ ብርሃኑን ሊሾሙት አይችሉም። አቋሙን ያውቃሉ። አመለካከቱን ያውቃሉ ።

በሚሊዮን የሚቆጠሩ ወጣቶቻቸው ፋክሽናል መሃይም እንደሆኑ ያውቃሉ ። የትምህርቱ ጥራት መሻሻል የማንንም ጎሳ ፖለቲካ አያቆመውም ምክንያቱም ወላጅ ልጁ በትምህርት ተስክቶለት እንዲጦረው ነው ምኞቱ ። በጥልቅ ነገሩን መመልከት አለብህ ። ስለዚህ ብርሃኑ በሚያደርገው የትምህርት መሻሻል ዘመቻ ከፍተኛ አገር አቀፍ ድጋፍ አለው ።

እኔ ስራዬ ብዬ ተከታትያለሁ፤ እያንዳንዱ ትናንሽ ስብሰባዎች የሚያደርጋቸው ኢቲቪ ምናምን ሁሉም ስራዬ ብለው ረፖርት የሚያደርጉት በህዝብ የሚወደድ ጉዳይ ስለሆነ ነው ። የጎሳ ፈተና የሚሰርቁት ከውዲሁ እየተወገዱ ነው ። ፋክት እኮ ፋክት ነው ። በሚቀጥለው አመት የጎሳ ሌቦች ፈተና አይሰጡም ተማሪዎች ሴንትራል በሆነ ቦታ በታብሌት ነው የሚፈተኑት ።

ይህን ማለት ሌቦች ሁሉ ይጠፋሉ የዘር ነጋዴ አምቢ አልይም ማለት አይደለም ። በዚህ ጉዳይ ላይ አቢይና ብርሃኑ ተመሳሳይ አቋም አላቸው።

ስለ ዲያስፖራ ዜግ ነት ጥፋቱ የኛ ድክመት ነው ። የኢትዮፕያን መንግስት ለማስገደድ መቻል አለብን ! ዜጋ ካልሆንን እርዳታ አናደርግም ማለት ነበረብን
Last edited by Selam/ on 31 May 2022, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.

Selam/
Member+
Posts: 6386
Joined: 04 Aug 2018, 13:15

Re: የትምህርት ሚኒስትር ፕ/ር ብርሃኑ ነጋ አብዮቱን ጀመረው! On Transformation of Ethiopian Higher Education ከዚህ በኋላ የውሸት ዲፕሎማ የማይታሰብ ነው !

Post by Selam/ » 31 May 2022, 08:00

Kichamo - “A thief believes everybody steals" KIFFU!
Right wrote:
30 May 2022, 23:48
NT,DTT,HOROR,SELAM + Dr BIRR

A perfect clown show.

Post Reply