Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo

Jawar and woyane worried Abiy getting stronger

Post by justo » 25 Oct 2019, 01:38

Abiy has steadily been gaining clout against the woyane, and was getting stronger and stronger, turning the EPRDF into a unitary party minus the woyane, increasing international prestige with the Nobel Prize, so there was panic in Mekelle and among the Jawar and OMN crowd.
This was why they orchestrated the recent drama, but in doing so stepped beyond a point of no return.
Jawar is panicking now, trying to stop unstoppable thing that he started at the behest of the woyane.

justo

Re: Jawar and woyane worried Abiy getting stronger

Post by justo » 26 Oct 2019, 06:16

If I as a government official disrespect Jawar on a personal level, would he call the qeros on me?
If Abiy snubs Jawar and does not invite him to his Nobel Prize festivity, is it safe for Ethiopia?
Jawar is using his personal whims to wreck havoc in Ethiopia, is that really wise?

justo

Post by justo » 26 Oct 2019, 07:48

How did the 67 people who died during the disturbances benefit from Jawar's leadership? I heard that Jawar donated blood for the injured, is this an acceptable trade-off? Of course Jawar's ego can have benefitted from the disturbances, is that an acceptable trade-off?

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 26 Oct 2019, 10:03

Justo,

Add the number jealous folks like the woyanus and some Oromo politicians.
Sad but true.

justo wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 01:38
Abiy has steadily been gaining clout against the woyane, and was getting stronger and stronger, turning the EPRDF into a unitary party minus the woyane, increasing international prestige with the Nobel Prize, so there was panic in Mekelle and among the Jawar and OMN crowd.
This was why they orchestrated the recent drama, but in doing so stepped beyond a point of no return.
Jawar is panicking now, trying to stop unstoppable thing that he started at the behest of the woyane.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 26 Oct 2019, 12:07

This is very testing time for the PM. On the one hand the country is waiting to see if there will be any accountability for the lawlessness and the resultant gruesome killings by Jawarian Qerro. On the other hand the security establishment seem to be slowly starting to blaming the victims.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Oct 2019, 12:36

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 12:07
This is very testing time for the PM. On the one hand the country is waiting to see if there will be any accountability for the lawlessness and the resultant gruesome killings by Jawarian Qerro. On the other hand the security establishment seem to be slowly starting to blaming the victims.
You could have been part of the solution by admitting the obvious problem we have today in the country, caused by those who are ambitioned to bring back the old days and who are resistant to change, whose ardent supporter you are.

It was in Amhara Kilil before few weeks and now it is in Oromia Kilil. Blame game will not bring any change, admit that there is a huge problem on all sides.

I do blame the PM for bringing in all trouble makers without due consideration of the consequences, but the cause of the problem is not only the trouble makers. The first step for you should have been starting acknowledging this glaring fact.

If he goes to Amhara kilil, they ask him why he doesn't arrest the Oromia trouble makers. If he goes to Oromia Kilil then those ther ask him why he doen't arrest those trouble makers in the Amhara kilil. Perhaps the same is true for Tigray and all the other regions.

Now we need people who are really ready to admit their own fault and prepared to be part of the solution and defend the country from a more dangerous situation.

I shouldn't have replied to your allegation of "qeerroo" if you had also mentioned about your own calpability of so called fano or whatever, who claimed about collecting all available guns to go to kill other fellow citizens, claiming Amhara is about 60 % population, implying the rest should be the target.

justo

Post by justo » 26 Oct 2019, 19:41

There was no way he Abiy could have integrated the woyane mafia into his reform medemer body politic, and he should have legally pursued them from the very beginning, even symbolically like he did with Kinfe Dagnew.

Every time a woyane official came to Addis, Debretsion, Getachew Reda, who ever, Abiy should have started a legal case against them just the way the US targets mafia bosses. That would have been a clear signal to people like Jawar, Ezkiel and Bekele Gerba not to collaborate with the woyane.

It doesn't matter whether Abiy targets the woyane 1%, 5%, 10% or 50%, the woyane will always respond 100%, so he should have gone for broke from the very beginning.

They have now given him a 2nd lease on life, a 2nd opportunity, and with his now increased international clout should go after them and target them economically and their bank accounts at home and abroad. They shouldn't be able to use Ethiopia's money to pay their hotel bills in Mekele, and definitely should not be able to use Ethiopia's money to destabilise Ethiopia.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 26 Oct 2019, 20:45

DefendTheTruth wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 12:36
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 12:07
You could have been part of the solution by admitting the obvious problem we have today in the country, caused by those who are ambitioned to bring back the old days and who are resistant to change, whose ardent supporter you are.

It was in Amhara Kilil before few weeks and now it is in Oromia Kilil. Blame game will not bring any change, admit that there is a huge problem on all sides.

I do blame the PM for bringing in all trouble makers without due consideration of the consequences, but the cause of the problem is not only the trouble makers. The first step for you should have been starting acknowledging this glaring fact.

If he goes to Amhara kilil, they ask him why he doesn't arrest the Oromia trouble makers. If he goes to Oromia Kilil then those ther ask him why he doen't arrest those trouble makers in the Amhara kilil. Perhaps the same is true for Tigray and all the other regions.

Now we need people who are really ready to admit their own fault and prepared to be part of the solution and defend the country from a more dangerous situation.

I shouldn't have replied to your allegation of "qeerroo" if you had also mentioned about your own calpability of so called fano or whatever, who claimed about collecting all available guns to go to kill other fellow citizens, claiming Amhara is about 60 % population, implying the rest should be the target.
I dont understand why you try to forma false equivalence. The amara people have been at the receiving end for the last 30 years. Tplf rained all hell on that specific community just because they are accused of standing for the country.

The extreme olf opperatives elaughtering amara peope is nothing new. It is just starting to come to light. May be u r new to the news....or trying to deflect.

The adp leadership killed each other in that unfortunate day last June. I did never say that it was the right thing.If you are equating tht to what we are witnessing...I will just leave it for you.

Cartmann

Post by Cartmann » 26 Oct 2019, 23:45

I think you read the situation backwards. Abiy is getting weaker and weaker and all signs point that he will end up in big failure. Although he inherited most of the problems from the Malelit Talibans, his indecisiveness has cost him big time. He had almost unanimous support from various sections of the country. Amharas were encouraged by his rhetoric of Ethiopianism and given that he is Oromo, the Oromos were optimistic that he will help resolve their cause. Instead Abiy satisfied the demand of neither groups. In addition to that he failed to isolate the Malelit Talibans and gain the support of the Tigrayans early in his tenure. The time to take action against the Malelit Talibans was when he had the support of the country. He missed that golden opportunity. He handled the case of Eskinder badly. His actions only added fuel to the fire. He made unforced error in renewing the palace and reigniting the discussions of the past kings further deepening the division. That alone put him in great collision with the Oromos elites who were already beginning to suspect him of betrayal. He have good oratory qualities, but in countries like Ethiopia decisiveness is prerequisite of leadership which he lacks. Furthermore, lossing Jawar like that will be too much for him to handle. When the elites of all the major ethnic groups are in loggerheads with him, I don't see any form of strength on his part. His silence on the latest crisis in connection to Jawar and his press release confirm my observation that he is in weak position. He is neither able to inform the people who was responsible for the crisis nor did he appear on TV which he always does with pleasure. That is a telltale sign of weakness. All in all he is in a weaker position than ever. The nobel prize is irrelevant, ask his predecessors who won it.
justo wrote:
25 Oct 2019, 01:38

justo

Post by justo » 27 Oct 2019, 00:06

Cartmann wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 23:45
I think you read the situation backwards. Abiy is getting weaker and weaker and all signs point that he will end up in big failure. Although he inherited most of the problems from the Malelit Talibans, his indecisiveness has cost him big time. He had almost unanimous support from various sections of the country. Amharas were encouraged by his rhetoric of Ethiopianism and given that he is Oromo, the Oromos were optimistic that he will help resolve their cause. Instead Abiy satisfied the demand of neither groups. In addition to that he failed to isolate the Malelit Talibans and gain the support of the Tigrayans early in his tenure. The time to take action against the Malelit Talibans was when he had the support of the country. He missed that golden opportunity. He handled the case of Eskinder badly. His actions only added fuel to the fire. He made unforced error in renewing the palace and reigniting the discussions of the past kings further deepening the division. That alone put him in great collision with the Oromos elites who were already beginning to suspect him of betrayal. He have good oratory qualities, but in countries like Ethiopia decisiveness is prerequisite of leadership which he lacks. Furthermore, lossing Jawar like that will be too much for him to handle. When the elites of all the major ethnic groups are in loggerheads with him, I don't see any form of strength on his part. His silence on the latest crisis in connection to Jawar and his press release confirm my observation that he is in weak position. He is neither able to inform the people who was responsible for the crisis nor did he appear on TV which he always does with pleasure. That is a telltale sign of weakness. All in all he is in a weaker position than ever. The nobel prize is irrelevant, ask his predecessors who won it. [/b]
You could be right, you could be wrong, you could be reading it forward or backward, you're just trying to asses the situation.
Despite the massive popular support he had in the beginning, he was at his weakest because he had no control over the bureaucracy, the army and the intelligence services. Now he seems to have lost popular support trying to lead a complex country in a complex situation, but he has been around for a while and got his allies in important positions. Jawar has misstepped and shown what a destructive force he can be. The palace thing is not he wants to live in luxury, he is trying to re-brand Ethiopia and he knows image matters. The Nobel Prize matters, I don't understand who his predecessors are in Ethiopia who won the prize and then failed miserably. The situation is complex, he doesn't need to rush to action or make hasty statements, he has the power of the bureaucracy to act when he sees fit. The only thing I agree with you is that he lost a golden opportunity to isolate the woyane, but doesn't need to win the heart of the Tegarus, they would have crawled back after seeing woyane emasculated.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 27 Oct 2019, 08:50

Cartmann wrote:
I think you read the situation backwards. Abiy is getting weaker and weaker and all signs point that he will end up in big failure. Although he inherited most of the problems from the Malelit Talibans, his indecisiveness has cost him big time. He had almost unanimous support from various sections of the country. Amharas were encouraged by his rhetoric of Ethiopianism and given that he is Oromo, the Oromos were optimistic that he will help resolve their cause. Instead Abiy satisfied the demand of neither groups. In addition to that he failed to isolate the Malelit Talibans and gain the support of the Tigrayans early in his tenure. The time to take action against the Malelit Talibans was when he had the support of the country. He missed that golden opportunity. He handled the case of Eskinder badly. His actions only added fuel to the fire. He made unforced error in renewing the palace and reigniting the discussions of the past kings further deepening the division. That alone put him in great collision with the Oromos elites who were already beginning to suspect him of betrayal. He have good oratory qualities, but in countries like Ethiopia decisiveness is prerequisite of leadership which he lacks. Furthermore, lossing Jawar like that will be too much for him to handle. When the elites of all the major ethnic groups are in loggerheads with him, I don't see any form of strength on his part. His silence on the latest crisis in connection to Jawar and his press release confirm my observation that he is in weak position. He is neither able to inform the people who was responsible for the crisis nor did he appear on TV which he always does with pleasure. That is a telltale sign of weakness. All in all he is in a weaker position than ever. The nobel prize is irrelevant, ask his predecessors who won it.
Don't try to seek attention by appearing to be someone who can make a political analysis.

The bottom line is that the current government has said that the field is open and free for anybody that will to present its case to the people and win over the support of the same people.

Could you present anyone with anything that appears serious enought to challange the party in power, let alone to be a formidable force to unseat the government? Present if you have one, else your a certain qefo-head. If you prove me wrong, then that qefo-head is me.

Only by creating loud noises here and there and trying to sabotage the achievement of others will not be the path the great Ethiopian people would like to purse in the future.

A pile of falsehood (over many years) will be demolished by a minute of truth (instantly), like Obbo Taye Danda'a of ODP wrote recently.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 28 May 2022, 13:19

Cartmann wrote:
I think you read the situation backwards. Abiy is getting weaker and weaker and all signs point that he will end up in big failure.
In hindsight, you were on mark regarding Abiy.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 28 May 2022, 13:37

Eden two years and a half has passed since justo brought to discussion about the issue jawar and TPLF was worrying : Abiy was becoming more stronger.
Recently Jawar who was released from prison gave an interview that his “ friend” Mr. Araarsa found it to be the Amharas talking points.
The TPLF stationed in Tigray is far away from the federal power, and still dependent upon international help for survival.
Abiy on the other hand was on a visit in Nigeria, confident that the Ethiopian government functions goes smoothly while he was away for a while.
Justo seemed to have read their minds. And their worry has turned out to be true.