Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Post Reply
justo
Member
Posts: 2895
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Are Tigreans and Eritreans the same people?

Post by justo » 21 May 2022, 16:46

The only thing Tigrigna speaking Eritreans and Tigrays share is a common geez ancestry to their two languages, which is also shared by amharic speaking Ethiopians and Tigrait speaking Eritreans. Other than that Tigray and Eritrea have very little in common. And when it comes to language, Tigray does not seem to be able to make up its mind, gravitating sometimes towards Amharic which they can learn to speak fluently and at other times gravitating towards Tigrigna, which they never seem able to master.

The most striking difference is their way of life, Eritrea being an egalitarian communal society while Tigray for most of its history has been a highly stratified feudal monarchy, with few enfranchised and many disenfranchised groups. Tigray is proud of its Atse Kassa, Atse Wubé, Atse Suhul, Eritrea abhors any kind of feudal lord. In terms of egalitarianism vs. feudal hierarchy, Eritrea has more in common with Sudan, Somalia and the Oromo, all egalitarian communal societies.

Another striking difference is their history, for the past 500 years Eritrea has been colonised by successive foreign powers, Turkey, Egypt, Italy, Ethiopia to name but few, while Tigray for what ever it's worth has never been colonised at any time in the past 2000 years. In terms of colonial history therefore, Eritrea has more in common again with Sudan and Somalia, than with Ethiopia and Tigray.

Tigray's flip-flopping and identity confusion has been the main source of conflict in the region. Tigray has an ulterior motive in claiming kinship with Eritrea, partly to bolster its hands in its conflict with Ethiopia and partly to alter its disastrous geography.

Eritrea has to demonstratively distance itself from Tigray, to minimise any outstanding confusion and reduce identity-related conflicts. The Eritrean Muslims have been demanding to have Arabic as an official language, it is high time to respect this wish of theirs.

Abdeaziz
Member
Posts: 321
Joined: 23 Jun 2013, 02:12

Re: Are Tigreans and Eritreans the same people?

Post by Abdeaziz » 21 May 2022, 17:37

HELL NO !!! YOU ARE REALLY INSULTING ERITREANS!!!

Temt
Member
Posts: 4161
Joined: 04 Jun 2013, 22:23

Re: Are Tigreans and Eritreans the same people?

Post by Temt » 21 May 2022, 17:57

justo wrote:
21 May 2022, 16:46


...while Tigray for what ever it's worth has never been colonised at any time in the past 2000 years...
"2,000 years"? Really? It was Haile Selassie that recognized Tigrai as a province of Ethiopia when he created Ethiopia from parts of Abyssinia and Somalia. Before that, Tigrai was never more than a recognized anything but simply a province and of course, later was made a ክልል by the Weyanes just like the other parts of some of the Ethiopian empire states did.
And as far as the languages go, some Tegaru do speak Tigrinya close to ours, like those in Adwa etc. But many Tegarus in the rest of Tigrai speak what I call ዓጋምኛ፡ which is basically Amharized Tigrinya with clearly wrong grammar structure.

justo
Member
Posts: 2895
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Are Tigreans and Eritreans the same people?

Post by justo » 22 May 2022, 02:48

Temt wrote:
21 May 2022, 17:57
justo wrote:
21 May 2022, 16:46


...while Tigray for what ever it's worth has never been colonised at any time in the past 2000 years...
"2,000 years"? Really? It was Haile Selassie that recognized Tigrai as a province of Ethiopia when he created Ethiopia from parts of Abyssinia and Somalia. Before that, Tigrai was never more than a recognized anything but simply a province and of course, later was made a ክልል by the Weyanes just like the other parts of some of the Ethiopian empire states did.
And as far as the languages go, some Tegaru do speak Tigrinya close to ours, like those in Adwa etc. But many Tegarus in the rest of Tigrai speak what I call ዓጋምኛ፡ which is basically Amharized Tigrinya with clearly wrong grammar structure.
The area whatever its status, whether it was populated or not, whether it was a region or not, irrespective of status, was not occupied by Turkey, Egypt, Italy, England, France, Greece, Persia or any other modern or historic foreign power, probably because there was nothing to occupy, but that is secondary. That few Tigrays attempt to speak some sort of Tigrigna (in Adwa for example as you claim) is well known, but the majority speak a mixture of Amharic and Tigrigna.

Fiyameta
Member+
Posts: 5481
Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 22:59

Re: Are Tigreans and Eritreans the same people?

Post by Fiyameta » 22 May 2022, 03:02

The only thing we have in common with the agame is the permanently demarcated common border where we plan to construct a border wall to keep agame terrorists out. 8) 8)

Axumezana
Member
Posts: 4047
Joined: 27 Jan 2020, 23:15

Re: Are Tigreans and Eritreans the same people?

Post by Axumezana » 22 May 2022, 03:16

They are the same except:

- Most of the Ascari Tigrayans from Hamassien( Asmara) are born from Amhara fathers or grand fathers.
- Tigrayans from Seraye and Acologizai are pure Tigrayans
- Most Ascari Tigrayans are infected by Ascari syndrome illness that altered their mind psychic ( see below) and are no more Tigrayans.

Ascari Syndrome illness !

Identity crises : Sandwiched between the memory of Italian spaghetti , their ghetto(Abba Shawl ) and the kalcho of their masters and the thousands years proud history of the free Ethiopia.

- Obsessed to create forged and poached history to satisfy their hunger for a unique identity.
- Have become wild cat, never to be re-domesticated.
- They live in the past in the memory of Italy-Asmara ፃኧዳ፥
- Filled with excessive hatred and jealousy. The root cause of the jealousy started when Tigrayans migrated to Italy Asmara and outshined the unsophisticated and lazy ascari in hard work & entrepreneurship.
- Mercenary and Banda: Mercenary for Turkey, Egypt, Italia ( two times, the 1st in the 19th century and 20th century) and now for Abiy and Amhara extremists
- Worshipers of their colonizers and masters ( including Arabs)
- Shallow, easy going, lier and a habit of betrayal
- Externalization of their self inflicted problems and victim mindset.
- Restless, emotional, inflated ego, confrontational and boastful
- Narcissist , destructive & mafia like - On themselves ( they shoot their own feet) and also export destruction.

- Waste their time looking over the fence and envying at the green field of their neighbors and talking about others instead of minding their business and building their country. Ascari have no history of building a nation , building and running a successful company and no constitution. Historically they have been ruled by Tigrayans from the South of Mereb.

justo
Member
Posts: 2895
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Are Tigreans and Eritreans the same people?

Post by justo » 22 May 2022, 07:14

Fiyameta wrote:
22 May 2022, 03:02
The only thing we have in common with the agame is the permanently demarcated common border where we plan to construct a border wall to keep agame terrorists out. 8) 8)
Amen to that!

justo
Member
Posts: 2895
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Are Tigreans and Eritreans the same people?

Post by justo » 22 May 2022, 07:20

Axumezana wrote:
22 May 2022, 03:16
They are the same except:

- Most of the Ascari Tigrayans from Hamassien( Asmara) are born from Amhara fathers or grand fathers.
- Tigrayans from Seraye and Acologizai are pure Tigrayans
- Most Ascari Tigrayans are infected by Ascari syndrome illness that altered their mind psychic ( see below) and are no more Tigrayans.

Ascari Syndrome illness !

Identity crises : Sandwiched between the memory of Italian spaghetti , their ghetto(Abba Shawl ) and the kalcho of their masters and the thousands years proud history of the free Ethiopia.

- Obsessed to create forged and poached history to satisfy their hunger for a unique identity.
- Have become wild cat, never to be re-domesticated.
- They live
Shishshishshshshsh

For your future needs, please don't confuse me with those other Eritreans that I sometimes see discussing things with you, I don't welcome rubbish to my threads, ask Edu if you require any witness.

Post Reply