Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
OPFist
Member+

Which Way Oromo: through Con-federation to Gadaa Oromia or through Geo-federation to Great Oromia?  

Post by OPFist » 30 Nov 2021, 14:36

Which Way Oromo: through Con-federation to Gadaa Oromia or through Geo-federation to Great Oromia?  

Oromo politics in particular and that of Ethiopia in general is again on cross road. The fake ethnofederalist prosperity party of Abiy Ahmed is losing ground. Two forces are competing to replace the incumbent regime: the con-federalists and the geo-federalists. Con-federalist bloc led by OLF and TDF is fighting intensively to replace the prosperity regime. Geo-federalists led by Ezema and Nama are desperately trying to manipulate Abiy Ahmed to persuade him to fight for them and “save Ethiopia from disintegration” and finally foster geo-federation. Both camps are at war against each other now. It is clear that confederalists are aiming for establishment of Gadaa Oromia. Not clear is Abiy Ahmed’s and his prosperitan Oromo supporters’ goal. Are they fighting for geo-federation under domination of Amharanet/Amharigna or under leadership of Oromummaa/Oromiffaa? If they prefer domination of Amharanet, no Oromo should support them; in case they opt for leadership of Oromummaa, no question that geo-federation with Afaan Oromo as primary language of Ethiopia will be de facto Great Oromia. The Oromo can also consider such Great Oromia as alternativ vision to Gadaa Oromia.
Read more: https://fayyisoromia.wordpress.com/2017 ... ation-uno/
Last edited by OPFist on 30 Nov 2021, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

AbebeB
Member+

Re: Which Way Oromo: through Con-federation to Gadaa Oromia or through Geo-federation to Great Oromia?  

Post by AbebeB » 30 Nov 2021, 14:40

OPFist wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 14:36

Oromo politics in particular and that of Ethiopia in general is again on cross road. The fake ethnofederalist prosperity party of Abiy Ahmed is losing ground. Two forces are competing to replace the incumbent regime: the con-federalists and the geo-federalists. Con-federalist bloc led by OLF and TDF is fighting intensively to replace the prosperity regime. Geo-federalists led by Ezema and Nama are desperately trying to manipulate Abiy Ahmed to persuade him to fight for them and “save Ethiopia from disintegration” and finally foster geo-federation. Both camps are at war against each other now. It is clear that confederalists are aiming for establishment of Gadaa Oromia. Not clear is Abiy Ahmed’s and his prosperitan Oromo supporters’ goal. Are they fighting for geo-federation under domination of Amharanet/Amharigna or under leadership of Oromummaa/Oromiffaa? If they prefer domination of Amharanet, no Oromo should support them; in case they opt for leadership of Oromummaa, no question that geo-federation with Afaan Oromo as primary language of Ethiopia will be de facto Great Oromia. The Oromo can also consider such Great Oromia as alternativ vision to Gadaa Oromia.
OPFIst,

Both shouldn't be considered as an alternative. Instead one leading to the others.
:idea: :roll:

OPFist
Member+

Re: Which Way Oromo: through Con-federation to Gadaa Oromia or through Geo-federation to Great Oromia?  

Post by OPFist » 30 Nov 2021, 15:16

But, it is already over due; the game is over! Both Amhara Naftagnas and Tegaru Hegemonists lost the battle for Finfinne palace! I think Dr. Abiy is not as such naive to disappoint the Oromo and to empower the Abesha. His prosperitan party is yet pro-Amharanet in contrast to the pro-Oromumma nationslists, but better than Amhara’s Derg and Tegarus Woyane regarding development of Oromiffa/Oromummaa. It is the matter of time, surely the OLF mindset of bilisummaa shall infiltrate the pro-Amharanet Biltsigina party and convert it to pro-Oromummaa. The OLF mindset will struggle in form of both the incumbent prosperitans (OPP) and the opposition republican (ORP = Oromo republican party) to be fostered by OFC and OLF. In either way, the OLF mindset will consolidate Oromo’s power in Finfinne palace checking both the hegemonists and the naftsgnas at bay. Either the future converted OPP (from pro-Amharanet to pro-Oromummaa) or the ORP shall realize either Gadaa Otomia or Grest Oromia in the UN.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 30 Nov 2021, 16:50

This is an issue once raised by Gadaa.com, and we were invited to give our opinions. Here is my short view about the future destiny of Oromia. I started to write in cyber-world in 1999 as I observed Oromo nationalists in OLF fighting each other based on the “different” goal they envisioned for the Oromo and Oromia. The Galaasa-group claimed to pursue Kaayyoo-ganamaa (original goal) and accused the Daawud-group for allegedly striving for “democratization of Ethiopia” instead of “decolonization of Oromia”. The Daawud-group, on other side, claimed to take the geopolitical situations into consideration and demanded “only self-determination” of the Oromo instead of an exclusive and explicit “Oromia’s independence.” The argument between the two views was going on for many years, even though it was milder lately than it was at the beginning of OLF division.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 30 Nov 2021, 18:16

OPFist wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 16:50
This is an issue once raised by Gadaa.com, and we were invited to give our opinions. Here is my short view about the future destiny of Oromia. I started to write in cyber-world in 1999 as I observed Oromo nationalists in OLF fighting each other based on the “different” goal they envisioned for the Oromo and Oromia. The Galaasa-group claimed to pursue Kaayyoo-ganamaa (original goal) and accused the Daawud-group for allegedly striving for “democratization of Ethiopia” instead of “decolonization of Oromia”. The Daawud-group, on other side, claimed to take the geopolitical situations into consideration and demanded “only self-determination” of the Oromo instead of an exclusive and explicit “Oromia’s independence.” The argument between the two views was going on for many years, even though it was milder lately than it was at the beginning of OLF division.
OPFist,
What is relevance of this post to your topic? They both are Oromos, period!

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 01 Dec 2021, 02:07

I personally tried to show that there is no difference of  goal per se between the two, but only difference of the rout to it, i.e difference of ‘tactical and strategical means to the end’. Here I don’t want to go into detail for it is already discussed adequately in my hitherto articles. But in short, I would like to say that OLF mindset, which is leading Oromo nationalists individually or institutionally, has got two mid-term goals on the way of moving to our final goal. As OLF was established in 1973, Oromo and Oromia were under complete subjugation. No question Oromo nationalists started this liberation movement to lead Oromo people to its destiny, i.e. to freedom of Oromo people and to sovereignty of Oromo land.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 01 Dec 2021, 02:51

In all your self talk , you don't seems even talk about other Ethiopians and don't even consider without their ok -- you don't have any power to do anything. And you don't have power to impose anything on them . Even Abiy if he veers towards your kind of radical view he will be toasted. Ethiopians want only a leader who has the middle of the road political agenda.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 01 Dec 2021, 03:28

The two mid-term goals, which are gradually found to be necessary in process of the hitherto liberation struggle, are:

– limited cultural autonomy in a partially designated present Oromia, which we could achieve till now. The OLF mindset in genuine and politically-conscious Oromo individuals doing their jobs being organized in the ruling party OPDO tries to keep this status.

– complete cultural, economic and political autonomy of Oromia in union Ethiopian context, which seems to be more feasible to achieve in the near future. OLF mindset operating in opposition parties like OFC tries to achieve this.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 01 Dec 2021, 07:19

When we look at position of OLF factions nowadays, the mindset seems to support the move of OFC and then wants Oromo public to decide on the issue of freedom (within union vs without union of nations). The two main differences between OFC and OLF are the fact that OFC struggles peacefully while OLF uses armed struggle, and OFC uses the rhetoric of ‘unconditional unity’ while OLF emphasizes self-determination of Oromo nation per referendum. The mindset in other OLF faction as well as in other liberation movements like ULFO and FIO stresses the importance of an independent Oromia as an end-goal, and as far as I know they are not against the possible union with other liberated nations, that is why I don’t see difference of these groups. In Oromo’s unique case, their common goal is Tulluu Daalatti (freedom), then one of the three post-freedom types of souvereignty will prevail based on the involved peoples’ will: an independent Gadaa Oromia of Ob. Galaasa or a federal union Oromia (language based Ethiopian federation) of Ob. Leencoo or an integrative Great Oromia (geography based Ethiopian federation) of Ob. Andargachew.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 01 Dec 2021, 09:00

As I repeatedly pointed out, there is no contradiction between the goals of all of these OLF mindsets which are only different rhetorically. Oromo liberation movement is like a journey of a person from Djibouti (symbol for colony) through Diredhawa (limited cultural autonomy) and through Adaama (complete political autonomy) to the end destiny, Finfinne (symbol for freedom and one of the above mentioned types of sovereignty based on self-determination per referendum). So, hopefully, the OLF mindset will synchronize the liberation movement in all organizations mentioned above to make them understand each other and help them move from the status quo (first mid-term) through second mid-term to the final destiny.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 01 Dec 2021, 09:27

Coming back to Gadaa.com’s initiative, let’s have a common resolution for our destiny in the next decade. Last decade was the decade of unproductive division of our liberation vanguard, the OLF. I hope, next decade will be the decade of unity and merger among OLF factions and even including other liberation organizations to forge only one very strong liberation front. Then, we can plan first to achieve genuine self-administration in a form of Oromia’s autonomy, and then we can move together towards self-determination per referendum to achieve Oromia’s independence, be it within or without union based on our public verdict. By coordinating the struggle of OFC as an opposition and that of OLF as an armed front, we can achieve our end goal (freedom of Oromo people and sovereignty of Oromo land) in the next decade.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 01 Dec 2021, 10:36

Whether being member of UNO as only nation-state of the Oromo or as a new union of liberated peoples in the region in form of supranational region-state is part of our goal will be decided by the public during self-determination per referendum. By the way, when we talk about union of liberated nations, it can be union of only the oppressed nations, excluding the hitherto colonizer Abyssinia or it can be inclusive of the two Habehsa nations after they have accepted God-given right of all oppressed nations to self-determination. Whether Habesha nations will be part of future union or not will also be decided by the public after a necessary debate and discussion. But, first Oromia and other oppressed nations must be free from Abyssinian domination, and the two Habesha nations also need to be free from their colonial and dominating mentality. Our freedom from colony and their freedom from being colonizer are the two very essential prerequisites for the possible future union between Oromia and Abyssinia, if such a union is favoured by the respective public from both sides.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 01 Dec 2021, 12:27

That is why, it would be nice if we plan to have Oromia as a member of UNO and then opt for union of free peoples when the time will be suitable and the public decide to have a supranational regional union instead of only national independence. In order to achieve this noble destiny of the next decade, we need the necessary instruments like unity for freedom, commitment, dedication, pragmatism, cooperation and coordination of our moves, etc. Otherwise, I know that Waaqa will help us, if and only if we help ourselves. So let’s now start to work towards this decade’s destiny envisioned by Gadaa.com.