Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Eritrea: Rumours of Military Coup in Eritrea

Postby alemgena » 21 Jan 2013, 09:43

According to reports, a group of soldiers have launched what may have been a coup attempt in Asmara, forcing state TV off the air. About Eri-TV boss Asmelash Abreha to read a statement saying the 1997 constitution will be implemented and political prisoners freed according to correspondent Léonard Vincent. The broadcast was cut.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201301211892.html

Re: Eritrea: Rumours of Military Coup in Eritrea

Postby Conformist » 21 Jan 2013, 11:20

alemgena wrote:According to reports, a group of soldiers have launched what may have been a coup attempt in Asmara, forcing state TV off the air. About Eri-TV boss Asmelash Abreha to read a statement saying the 1997 constitution will be implemented and political prisoners freed according to correspondent Léonard Vincent. The broadcast was cut.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201301211892.html

The man is too clever to be caught with his pants down, it is very likely this coup will be foiled, then the coup plotters and those under their command would do well to take their own lives. It is insanity to be caught alive after doing this.

It is well know, what happens in Shabia is reflected in Woyane, meaning, we can expect a coup attempt against the Woyane within months at most.

Postby Misraq » 21 Jan 2013, 11:30

Brother Issayas will prevail on this. The coup leaders will be hunted and he will hung them. Cry for their families

Postby Conformist » 21 Jan 2013, 11:48

This is not a coup, it is just an unplanned and awkward but demonstration, it will fail. It's only a question how much damage they will cause before they are either captured or killed. The whole thing is f'd from the get go.

Postby yoha » 21 Jan 2013, 11:50

Rumors {Rumours} means a rumour nothing else ,don't be a gossip queen.

Postby ZEMEN » 21 Jan 2013, 11:54

The man is too clever to be caught with his pants down, it is very likely this coup will be foiled, then the coup plotters and those under their command would do well to take their own lives. It is insanity to be caught alive after doing this.

It is well know, what happens in Shabia is reflected in Woyane, meaning, we can expect a coup attempt against the Woyane within months at most.

Brother Conformist;
I agree with you that it is unlikely what is said on the alleged rumor. One thing though, Essayas got to give something. I mean he should have started the discussion about implementing the constitution and just release the prisoners; i know it takes time what he is trying to do, I get it, those topics could have bought him some time. again I understand what the man is trying to do but I don’t think his people have the patient to get there. The good thing is no shoots are fired so, that means no blood shade. That is a good thing.

Postby Conformist » 21 Jan 2013, 19:33

ZEMEN wrote:

Brother Conformist;
I agree with you that it is unlikely what is said on the alleged rumor. One thing though, Essayas got to give something. I mean he should have started the discussion about implementing the constitution and just release the prisoners; i know it takes time what he is trying to do, I get it, those topics could have bought him some time. again I understand what the man is trying to do but I don’t think his people have the patient to get there. The good thing is no shoots are fired so, that means no blood shade. That is a good thing.

Dear Zemen,

This Isaias seems to be determined to show no mercy until Badme is restored to Eritrea. I followed the man's career since the Badme conflict started, and he is unbelievably stubborn, he never gives way under any circumstances. Realstically, I wouldn't expect him to make any changes until the land is restored, but we never know what tomorrow could bring.

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion