Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

CHAW CHAW CHAW, Ethiopia has 3.89 billion tonnes of oil shale located in Tigray State

Postby Halafi Mengedi » 19 Jan 2013, 22:00

Ethiopia has 3.89 billion tonnes of oil shale located in Tigray State, which borders EritreaResources of bitumen or extra-heavy oil are reportedly present in many countries in Sub-Saharan. Africa: Republic of Congo, Madagascar, Nigeria, Angola, and elsewhere.

Some of these countries are now in early development planning phases of the exploitation of these resources with the help of European companies and their technological know-how, including BP, ENI,
and Total.

Ethiopia
Ethiopia has 3.89 billion tonnes of oil shale located in Tigray State, which borders Eritrea. However, there is currently a lack of interest in exploring the shale oil, possibly due to a previous dispute over the area which led to conflict between Ethiopia and Eritrea. This conflict continues.

In addition to the region of Tigray, there is a smaller deposit of 100-120 million tonnes at the Delbi. Moyen coal development, southwest of Addis Ababa, although Ethiopia has plans to utilise this for manufacturing urea fertiliser (World Energy Council, 2007).

3.89 tones of oil shale will produce roughly about one trillions barrels of oil. That is huge amount oil if it is extracted successfully not it only it will be satisfy the local market but, it will have some left for export earning much needed hard currency. Many countries has lately have successfully extracted oil from oil shale one of these countries is Canada and it supplying 18% of the USA market.

Re: CHAW CHAW CHAW, Ethiopia has 3.89 billion tonnes of oil shale located in Tigray State

Postby Halafi Mengedi » 19 Jan 2013, 22:08

total · 1 day ago
the oil shell deposits are:
Addi-Grat Bizet
Nebel- Edaga Arbi
Atebe Haghere-Selam

Re: CHAW CHAW CHAW, Ethiopia has 3.89 billion tonnes of oil shale located in Tigray State

Postby Halafi Mengedi » 19 Jan 2013, 22:11

ኦ ማይ ጋሽ · 1 day ago
I just googled the price of oil and in today's price, Tigray is sitting on a 100 trillion dollars worth of oil.
100,000,000,000,000 dollarss!?!?!!!!!!

Postby Halafi Mengedi » 19 Jan 2013, 22:24

Aradom Hatsey · 1 hour ago
Kelelom berhe, I would like to give you the answer to your legitimate question. The Oil shale is largely found in Bizet, Nebelet ,Enticho and Damo. There are also( albeit of undermined amount as of yet) huge oil shale deposits around Adigrat & Hawzen ( extending as far as the contiguous parts of Temben). Which means, when the final tally arrives, Tigray will have a few more billion tonnes of oil shales on top of what is already reported above(3.89 billion tonnes) __ The Good thing about this vast oil shale find in Tigray is also, that it is more than 60-75% recoverable, and thus, highly lucrative. __As you can easily tell, all the places are deep within Tigray, clearly far from the Tigray-Eritrea border.

Postby Conformist » 20 Jan 2013, 02:59

I pray to God that is enough to make you declare independence. Keep it all to yourselves as long as you get off our backs. May Tigray prosper and get rich alone, we don't want a penny of what is yours.

Postby Sema » 20 Jan 2013, 10:01

"3.89 tons of oil shale will produce roughly about one trillions barrels of oil".

You people don't you have some basic knowledge and understanding even from the street or nature by being human let alone from studying.

Even the entire world don't have the deposit of one trillion barrel all types in combined. Saudi Arabia deposit is estimated less than 150 billion barrel.

And you are telling here such a stupid lie you have no idea what you are talking about.

1 ton=1000KM=1000 liter=10 barrel.

So, go to school to learn some basic math if you are so--- to learn from life which is a very simple thing to do so.

Postby mehary » 20 Jan 2013, 10:21

Good news to the world hope fully,the western world can save their money for good no more aid and begging and hope fully don't forget (do they know x-mass) music.

Postby lol » 20 Jan 2013, 11:02

I pray to God that is enough to make you declare independence. Keep it all to yourselves as long as you get off our backs. May Tigray prosper and get rich alone, we don't want a penny of what is yours.

:lol: A good shot!

Postby Halafi Mengedi » 20 Jan 2013, 11:45

I will be fully satisfied if Tigray and Oromo make a deal and have their independent the deal is very huge for both and make sense for both people. Addis Ababa and Harar will be under the control of Oromo and Tigray will control Welega and Benishangul and extends to South Sudan. Agew will remain with Amhara the land they occupy are huge part of Gojjam and South West of Gonder. Tigray will control half Begemder the Tigray lands and Lalibela and the new country will be ABYSINNIA with the Ethiopian flag with Axum Hawelti in the middle like the flag of TPDM. The Eastern Sudan and the immediate north of South Sudan will be as part of the new Empire, the TIGRIGNA EMPIRE. The new countries of Somali, Sidama, Oromia and Abysinnia should have common defense and free trade without any tariff and tax across borders. Isolate Amhara from our defense and free trade for their sin they committed against all ethnic Ethiopians so long took the country to hell without any development despite the country population were fewer than today and the resources were more than today but the country remained backword in every sector of the economy. All ethnic Ethiopians were the prisoner of Amharic language not our people to learn properly and advance their people and country.

Tigray lost over million people to free the Amhara from the butcher of Derg and developed their region but we never got the appreciation rather they are crying without any founded reasons to cry. Now Tigray should dismantle the country along the major ethnics and let the smaller ethnics join with the bigger ones and settle the whole cancer problems once for all. I believe every ethnic will be better off economically and peace. At this time Tigray leaders should not talk to Amhara, our effort should be with the other ethnics to make sure everyone is ready for the eventual and approve the disintegration at the current parliament vote for the independent of Tigray, Amhara, Oromo, Sidama and Somali.

I would say go to hell Amhara and Amharu ungrateful people to live as one citizen in one country.

Postby Tadesse » 20 Jan 2013, 13:32

Halafi Mengedi,
I am a Christian and I am thankful as people of Ethiopia,had they beenpeople like you,we would have never achieved some important things in building the country,I had Amhara friends who studien in Mekelle because thier parents had to come to work in high offices,despite this, they loved Mekelle and the Endertans as to forget,thier origine.Don't be a tribalist ,stupid and an enemy of Tigray,no Tigrean of a right mind will not live in a place mad people like Hitler want to creat.

Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion