Tigrigna Language Forum

Need translation from Tigrigna to Amharic or English

Postby elias » 26 Dec 2012, 23:23

Could someone translate for us what this Woyanne is crying about? It seems like he is saying TPLF is losing power.

Re: Need translation from Tigrigna to Amharic or English

Postby Land_Lord » 26 Dec 2012, 23:47

Elias,

He says he is weyane and he is not TPLF :lol: However, he is talking about the problem of identifying the real problem in Tigray. He said, we fought the amharas because we thought they were our problem. Now we think the adwa led government is a problem, but in my own judgement we are the problem. Our problem is not using the human and materials resources of Tigray. That is our problem. In a sense, he is protecting the adwa led weyane government. That is my interpretation in a nutshell.

LL

Postby Silk Da Shocker » 26 Dec 2012, 23:52

He says they were told the Amharas were the reasons for their troubles, so they joined Woyanne to bring down the government. He said but when TPLF came to power, their troubles didn't go away and people were saying it was because the leaders of TPLF were from Adwa and were half-Eritrean (crowd laughs at this point). He then concluded their real trouble is that Tigrayans are bad at using their human and material resource and this is at the root problem to their suffering.

It took me 30 seconds to realize the language he was speaking was somehow related to Tigrinya. Jesus Christ, Tigrayans do not know how to speak Tigrinya or if this is what they call their Tigrinya, then they better call it something else. This is not Tigrinya, this is an alien language. It's hard to understand, hard to make out. This isn't just accent, this is fundamental difference in dialect.

Postby Ertrawnet » 27 Dec 2012, 00:13

This guy is a fool he said i am not TPLF but Weyane... :lol: :lol:

Dirst of all the name Woyane come from a early rebellion before the existence of TPLF in 1943 and it begun in Enderta/Tembien..When TPLF came to the Arena Mengustu hailemariam brushed them off as "Weyane".. TPLF liked the name and therefore adopted it...But technically speaking they are not Weyane becasue TPLF and Weyane is 2 different groups..

The guy is a TPLF not Weyane..Weyane is just a nick name that TPLF adopted... :roll:

An who the hell call him self "weyane" ?? In Amharic it means "Weyne" = poor me... thats something only woman would say....In Tigringa the woman says "way ane way ane" :lol:

Postby Halafi Mengedi » 27 Dec 2012, 00:18

elias wrote:Could someone translate for us what this Woyanne is crying about? It seems like he is saying TPLF is losing power.

There is no much in to it, the guy is saying the Tigrayans problem is we do not know our real problems except we complain to the ruling Government. We complained the Amhara as they were the Tigray problems, we complained to Adwa leaders as they were our problems and now we started the Eritrean Diqalu are our real problems. He mentioned the Tigray problems are we do not know how to use the resources we have and the man power we have in Tigray.

My own understanding from his suggestion is yes the Adwa are the real problem of Tigray, Yes the Diqalu Eritreans are real problem for Tigray and yes the Amhara were the problems but the leadership of Woyane are not better than the Amhara either at least the Amhara had access to the sea but the Woyane leadership under Adwa and the Axum there is nothing and all of them are looters.

Postby eritreawi » 27 Dec 2012, 00:26

Elias,

Silk Da Shocker gave an accurate English translation of the speaker, he was talking to a woyanne ambassador named Berhane Gebrekristos. As a typical woyenne this guy is ridden with inferiority complex and venemous hate for anything Amhara, woyannes also speak in riddles, they don't always say what they mean, his real fear is the disintegration of woyanne, he was really showing his worst fear.

Like most Tigrayans he can see the writing on the wall, in his frustration he suggested that woyannes need to improve their human capacity, what he really means is for woyannes to close ranks to stave off the inevitable, neither he nor any other woyanne supporters have answers for their current predicament, he is confused, angry and scared like all his comrades.

Woyannes played all their dirty cards to no avail, most Ethiopians seem to be going towards uniting to get rid of them, whatever little confidence they had is burried with Melles, short of exuming his body to catch a lightening in the bottle, their goose is cooked and they know it.

Postby Land_Lord » 27 Dec 2012, 00:29

Ollld Farrrt Halafi ,
All Elias asked was the translation. Why are you going beserk ? :lol: :lol: The man clearly is protecting the adwan led weyane power. He said, the government is not the problem the people are. They are ignorant and lazy. Pure and simple. :lol: :lol:

LL :lol:

Postby Hawzen » 27 Dec 2012, 00:55

elias wrote:Could someone translate for us what this Woyanne is crying about? It seems like he is saying TPLF is losing power.

Elias,

Eritreans still need some body to translate for us what this guy said (from his language) to REAL Tigrigna language. Once we find some body to translate it for us, I will definitely translate it for you either to Amharic or English. My advice to you is that you better ask either ayte Halafi, Eden, Adwusha, Z-Rock or (may be) Weyzero Belyanesh.

I hope this helps though.

Dedebit is always dedebit.
R.I.P Abay Tigray and its frogs

Postby Halafi Mengedi » 27 Dec 2012, 01:07

Land_Lord wrote:Ollld Farrrt Halafi ,
All Elias asked was the translation. Why are you going beserk ? :lol: :lol: The man clearly is protecting the adwan led weyane power. He said, the government is not the problem the people are. They are ignorant and lazy. Pure and simple. :lol: :lol:

LL :lol:

The problem in Tigray and the rest of the country is the money Ethiopia pays every year for port fee should have been invested elsewhere. For the last 13 years the money could have changed the life all Ethiopian had Meles push the war further to the end. Ethiopia should discard the agreement and go back and control Afar and Kunama that is the real solution not resources or human manpower in Tigray.

Postby Z-Rock » 27 Dec 2012, 02:37

Dear Elias,

First of all, I am suprised and astonished that you don't listen and speak tigrigna although the people in power in your country are Tigrigna speaking people. As a journasit I expect you that to learn at least three language of your country - Oromo, Tigrigna and Somalia besides English and Amharic. It is sham on you to ask cadres to translate for you be it Eritreans or Tigreans. :lol: This shows that your future country or under your followers leadership there is no place for other languages. Anyway, to make long story short try to learn Tigrigna or Oromigna. If you go to Asmara - you will be irrelevant. In few years, in Tigrai you will be also irrelevant - may be in the future - you will be irrelevant in Oromonia too.
Put some effort at least to speak similar to th guy who is talking to Ambasador Birhane.

Translation:

In short he blames the Amhara for thier failure for the past 40 years and he said they destroyed you once and for all six feet under.

He said the problem is also the adwa clan for their failer for the last 21 years and he said that they followed them.

Now we are also blaming the half-Eritrean and half-other who are leading weyane at this time. he said he is not TPLF but he said he is weyane. You know weyane means anti-amara movemenet in 1940 and smacked by Ras Teferi Mekonen of Shew.

He said finally, all these couses are not the main problem but the Tigrean themselves only coz they don't know what they want. He said that - he wrote a letter about something to the ambasader but rejected and didn't get a respeonce.

Remark: You need to distingush between Tigrean Tigrigna and Eritrean Tigrigna dialect. This guy is from my village Tembien or Enderta- I can see from his acceccent. The Eritrean call our language - Twisted or FUNNY! That is discusting of them. Had it not been your father our language could be similar to with those of adwans or Eritreans. You made us look awful in the eyes of other Tigrgna speaking people in the region since the Tigrigna was banned from our region for 100 years under iron fist. Thanks we are working hard now to revive it. An Eritrean Kunana or baria speaks better than us. :oops:

We all know at this time there is a big problem between North Tigrai and South Tigrai. Tembien vs Adwa clan fight. We are syetematicaly killed by adwan in broade light in Mekele. This guy looks discriminated by North Adwans or akames.

Long live the Tembien people and Enderta Brothers. This Shall Pass TOO! The adwa clan will pay the Price and will be wiped out bt TPDM. Wish bad to Arr-tera [deleted].

Next Page

Return to Tigrigna