Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Prez. Girma W/ Giorgis wirtes to Abune Merkorios

Postby revelations » 05 Dec 2012, 20:42

Re: Prez. Girma W/ Giorgis wirtes to Abune Merkorios

Postby revelations » 06 Dec 2012, 00:34

Absolute silence of everyone on this important subject is intriguing to say the least. Any reasons?

Postby dano » 06 Dec 2012, 01:06

Any one who believe this does not know woyane!!
Abune Merkorios should have stayed in Ethiopian jail and become a moral force against injustice. Instead his spirit seeking heaven and God, his flesh pulled him to America.
He chose to come here and became victim of greasy burger. No amount of shouting from DC or shuttling to Asmara will make much difference. I don't think he will be any better than the Beyonce lusting late pop who is now crying in hell if there is hell .

Postby revelations » 06 Dec 2012, 11:44

dano wrote:Any one who believe this does not know woyane!!
Abune Merkorios should have stayed in Ethiopian jail and become a moral force against injustice. Instead his spirit seeking heaven and God, his flesh pulled him to America.
He chose to come here and became victim of greasy burger. No amount of shouting from DC or shuttling to Asmara will make much difference. I don't think he will be any better than the Beyonce lusting late pop who is now crying in hell if there is hell .

Do you know how and when Abune Merqorios left Ethiopia? Do you think to be serving his church in diaspora makes him a victim of "greasy burger" a you stated? What do you mean by that anyway?

ፕሬዚዳንት ግርማ ወልደጊዮርጊስ ለአቡነ መርቆርዮስ ደብዳቤ ፅፈው ሠረዙት - VOA

Postby Admas » 06 Dec 2012, 15:32

(VOA) -- 4ኛው የኢትዮጵያ ኦርቶዶክስ ተዋህዶ ቤተ-ክርስቲያን ፓትርያርክ ብፁዕ ወቅዱስ አቡነ መርቆሬዎስ፣ “ከነ ሙሉ ክብራቸውና ማዕርጋቸው ወደ አገራቸው እንዲገቡና መንበራቸው ላይ እንዲሆኑ” የሚጋብዝ፣ ከኢትዮጵያው ፕሬዚደንት ግርማ ወልደጊዮርጊስ የተፃፈ ደብዳቤ በማግኘታችን እውነት ስለመሆኑ ወደፕሬዚደንቱ ስንደውል፣ ፕሬዚደንት ግርማ «እውነት ነው፣ እኔ ነኝ የፃፍኩት» ብለው አረጋገጡልን።
አቡነ መርቆርዮስ
​​
የስልኩ ጥሪ ብዙም ጥራት ስላልነበረው እንደገና ስንደውል ደግሞ ቀደም ሲል ደብዳቤውን የፃፉት ሰዎች አሣስተዋቸው መሆኑን ጠቁመው የሻሩት መሆናቸውን ገለፁልን፡፡

ሁለቱም ውይይት ላይ ድምፃቸው አለ፤ የአዲሱ አበበን ዘገባ ያዳምጡ።

loading ... [audio]

Postby dano » 06 Dec 2012, 17:28

I don't think woyanes dragged him to Bole and dropped him in DC. He was fired by Tamrat Layne. Why did he not protest right there in Addis? The worst that could have happened to him would have been jail. That would have made him the greatest moral force against the injustice. He chose America, spiritually vacant but the prime destination of people in pursuit of material fulfillment. How is this man different from any one of our politicians who forfeit the struggle at home and open another political party here in the US. In the case of the patriarch he opened another church in diaspora but unfortunately he changed his church to political organisation and he preached hatred in public. I was most appolled by his recent visit to Eritrea which is a sworn enemy of Ethiopianism, this for me is a red line.

Re: ፕሬዚዳንት ግርማ ወልደጊዮርጊስ ለአቡነ መርቆርዮስ ደብዳቤ ፅፈው ሠረዙት - VOA

Postby dano » 06 Dec 2012, 17:43

This shows that President Girma is a genuine Ethiopian and free of narrow minded tribalism unlike the hardcore woyanes. He was likely told to cancel it after the woyne intelligence officers vetted the patriarch and disqualified him for crossing the red line. This patriarch could have made it back if he did not make unfortunate trip to Asmara to encourage the armed struggle.

Postby Me » 06 Dec 2012, 18:32

dano wrote:I don't think woyanes dragged him to Bole and dropped him in DC. He was fired by Tamrat Layne. Why did he not protest right there in Addis? The worst that could have happened to him would have been jail. That would have made him the greatest moral force against the injustice. He chose America, spiritually vacant but the prime destination of people in pursuit of material fulfillment. How is this man different from any one of our politicians who forfeit the struggle at home and open another political party here in the US. In the case of the patriarch he opened another church in diaspora but unfortunately he changed his church to political organisation and he preached hatred in public. I was most appolled by his recent visit to Eritrea which is a sworn enemy of Ethiopianism, this for me is a red line.

You are a memeber of a society who stood by when Abuna Tewoflos got killed inhumanly by Derg. The Egyptians would not have allowed that. You are a memever of the society who stood well when Abuna Merkorios was kicked out by the communist junta. You have no moral authority to accuse anyone let alone Abuna Merkorios.

Woregna neh, Abuna Merkorios did NOT go to Eritrea.

For one thing its God's work that he left Ethiopia but even if you argue he did as a person, Essey, I am glad he did. He would hv been a purposeless mytri to useless and moral less creature like you,

Just STFU

Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion