Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum


Woyanne shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations in Ethiopia

Postby Yakume » 27 Oct 2012, 06:44


By Yohannes Anberbir

The Charities and Societies Agency (CSoA) shut down ten NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations that it said were found operating in breach of charities and societies proclamation. The Islamic Religion Research Center (IRRC) and Awelia School are among the organizations whose registration was revoked by the agency.

Assefa Tesfaye, the agency’s public relations head, told journalists at a press conference held on Thursday that though IRRC and Awelia School were licensed to engage in charitable activities, they had strayed from their mandate and were involved in religious activities while explaining the reason behind their closure.

The remaining eight NGOs were shut down for various reasons, namely for violating the provisions of the proclamation. However, financial irregularities prompted the closure of most of the NGOs, Assefa said.

Seventeen other NGOs are currently under investigation, according to the public relation head.

The agency prefers taking corrective steps prior to revoking licences and it had given advices to most of the affected NGOs before taking the final measure, Assefa said.

“We have continued efforts aimed at ensuring that the organizations abide by the law,” Assefa said. “In line with this the agency has sent warning letters to 476 organizations,” he added.

Close to three thousand NGOs have been licenced by the agency to date.

http://www.thereporterethiopia.com/News ... -ngos.html



Re: [BreakingNews] War on Humanitarian – Woyane shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations

Postby revolutions » 27 Oct 2012, 12:58



There are over 3000 foreign NGOs operating in Ethiopia and they're the ones running the country's domestic and external affairs. Over one million people in Western countries are employed by different NGOs, and the arrival of drought and famine in Ethiopia is the NGO staffs' job security. Droughts are natural phenomena, but famines are man-made.



Re: [BreakingNews] War on Humanitarian – Woyane shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations

Postby siren66 » 27 Oct 2012, 13:05


Of anything I heard, of anything I can think of, of anything that anybody can take action on, this, this would SURELY bring the demise of TPLF faster than anything. TPLF is obviously playing with the IV supply, and a further yanking will be assured suicide. I can't believe how empty headed TPLF is without Zenawi.

Yakume wrote:By Yohannes Anberbir

The Charities and Societies Agency (CSoA) shut down ten NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations that it said were found operating in breach of charities and societies proclamation. The Islamic Religion Research Center (IRRC) and Awelia School are among the organizations whose registration was revoked by the agency.

Assefa Tesfaye, the agency’s public relations head, told journalists at a press conference held on Thursday that though IRRC and Awelia School were licensed to engage in charitable activities, they had strayed from their mandate and were involved in religious activities while explaining the reason behind their closure.

The remaining eight NGOs were shut down for various reasons, namely for violating the provisions of the proclamation. However, financial irregularities prompted the closure of most of the NGOs, Assefa said.

Seventeen other NGOs are currently under investigation, according to the public relation head.

The agency prefers taking corrective steps prior to revoking licences and it had given advices to most of the affected NGOs before taking the final measure, Assefa said.

“We have continued efforts aimed at ensuring that the organizations abide by the law,” Assefa said. “In line with this the agency has sent warning letters to 476 organizations,” he added.

Close to three thousand NGOs have been licenced by the agency to date.

http://www.thereporterethiopia.com/News ... -ngos.html




Re: [BreakingNews] War on Humanitarian – Woyane shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations

Postby Red Sea » 27 Oct 2012, 14:22


siren66 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Of anything I heard, of anything I can think of, of anything that anybody can take action on, this, this would SURELY bring the demise of TPLF faster than anything. TPLF is obviously playing with the IV supply, and a further yanking will be assured suicide. I can't believe how empty headed TPLF is without Zenawi.


siren I disagree with you. TPLF could do better if it expelles all the NGO's and aid organisations from ethiopia, Yes it might be a slight hick up for a short term, but it will learn how to stand on its own.
The question is, does TPLF believe that it can survive or lead ethiopia from with in rather than from the office of the NGO's foreign offices under the supervision of its white masters?



Re: [BreakingNews] War on Humanitarian – Woyane shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations

Postby siren66 » 27 Oct 2012, 14:52


Red Sea wrote:[

siren I disagree with you. TPLF could do better if it expelles all the NGO's and aid organisations from ethiopia, Yes it might be a slight hick up for a short term, but it will learn how to stand on its own.
The question is, does TPLF believe that it can survive or lead ethiopia from with in rather than from the office of the NGO's foreign offices under the supervision of its white masters?


TPLF will not survive 1 hour, let alone 1 day if the 3000 NGOs pack up and leave. You have no idea bro, you have no clue!



Re: [BreakingNews] War on Humanitarian – Woyane shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations

Postby Red Sea » 27 Oct 2012, 15:01


siren said:
TPLF will not survive 1 hour, let alone 1 day if the 3000 NGOs pack up and leave. You have no idea bro, you have no clue!

:lol: I thought you would read my fine lines.
Why are you forcing me to come out and say what will make me happy....the demise of Woyanus i.e.?

I mean, I think I said firing all the NGO's humaniterian agencies is the right thing to do for any country who wants to write its own destiny, but I did say also as a hint...is the TPLF of capable of doing so?



Re: Woyanne shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations in Ethiopia

Postby Yakume » 28 Oct 2012, 08:02


Thanks Revolutions and others for sharing the facts with woyane regime and their dirty game and work in Ethiopia. Actually, the Woyane regime declared holly war on media and journalists, and also humanitarian agencies and staff, specially the local NGOs and staff, and that's why the woyane shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations. However, most of these NGOs were originally established by woyane cadres and thieves, but were closes for financial and political purposes. The key questions are why woyane hides names of these NGOs or the issue is like the death of their frog, Meles and we need report from Tigray and Eritrean Envoy, Mr. Bereket?



Re: [BreakingNews] War on Humanitarian – Woyane shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations

Postby walelgnemekonenn » 28 Oct 2012, 08:38


Red Sea wrote:siren66 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Of anything I heard, of anything I can think of, of anything that anybody can take action on, this, this would SURELY bring the demise of TPLF faster than anything. TPLF is obviously playing with the IV supply, and a further yanking will be assured suicide. I can't believe how empty headed TPLF is without Zenawi.


siren I disagree with you. TPLF could do better if it expelles all the NGO's and aid organisations from ethiopia, Yes it might be a slight hick up for a short term, but it will learn how to stand on its own.
The question is, does TPLF believe that it can survive or lead ethiopia from with in rather than from the office of the NGO's foreign offices under the supervision of its white masters?


I agree with your idea, but the NGO operates under the predefined policy and strategy of the government are successful(need based). TPLF consider NGO as traits during they engaged with empowering the people at community level especially
1. Aim to help poor people develop a clearer understanding of the social, political and economic factors affecting their lives, and to strengthen their awareness of their own potential power to control their lives.
2. Sometimes develop spontaneously around a problem or an issue, at other times outside workers from NGOs plays a facilitating role in their development. In any case, there is maximum involvement of the people with NGOs acting as facilitators.



Re: Woyanne shuts down 10 NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations in Ethiopia

Postby ProudEthiopian » 01 Nov 2012, 18:21


Congratulations for this.

Foreign, particularly western NGOs, should be banned in Ethiopia because their agenda is sinister.


Yakume wrote:By Yohannes Anberbir

The Charities and Societies Agency (CSoA) shut down ten NGOs and cautioned 476 organizations that it said were found operating in breach of charities and societies proclamation. The Islamic Religion Research Center (IRRC) and Awelia School are among the organizations whose registration was revoked by the agency.

Assefa Tesfaye, the agency’s public relations head, told journalists at a press conference held on Thursday that though IRRC and Awelia School were licensed to engage in charitable activities, they had strayed from their mandate and were involved in religious activities while explaining the reason behind their closure.

The remaining eight NGOs were shut down for various reasons, namely for violating the provisions of the proclamation. However, financial irregularities prompted the closure of most of the NGOs, Assefa said.

Seventeen other NGOs are currently under investigation, according to the public relation head.

The agency prefers taking corrective steps prior to revoking licences and it had given advices to most of the affected NGOs before taking the final measure, Assefa said.

“We have continued efforts aimed at ensuring that the organizations abide by the law,” Assefa said. “In line with this the agency has sent warning letters to 476 organizations,” he added.

Close to three thousand NGOs have been licenced by the agency to date.

http://www.thereporterethiopia.com/News ... -ngos.html

Next Page


Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion

Who is online

Registered users: Alexa [Bot], amused, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, MINILIK SALSAWI, Yahoo [Bot]